• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

reserves.jpg

Knocked out most of my day-one reservations.

bstuff.jpg

Fucking $10 Britney Spears floaty pen, dudes.

CiSTM

Banned
Silicon Knight said:
What's that Jake Hunter game? Looks interesting.

It is an interactive novel. And if it's anything like it's predecessor (Detective Chronicles) then it is utter crap.

CiSTM

Banned
shas'la said:
nooooo, i just ordered it :(

I have heard rumors that some people actually like the game so you might be one of them. But for me it was very unsatisfying experience. There was really not much to play. Game is sooooo linear that there isn't much to do (you can't leave an area until you perform certain tasks). Poor characters, poor gameplay, poor musics, poor dialog (dialog also has more typos than my writing :lol ).

edit: I'm of course talking about The Detective Chronicles. The other Jake Hunter has scored much better scores but still I will not go near it 'cos the first game wasted enough of my time.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
_dementia said:
do yourself a favor and avoid his post in the "gaming setup" thread

I rushed to google with a search of "gaming setup" "toy soldier" site:neogaf.com.

Photobucket limit exceeded! Noooooooo!

ha1f

Monroeski said:
I rushed to google with a search of "gaming setup" "toy soldier" site:neogaf.com.

Photobucket limit exceeded! Noooooooo!
Swords and titties...

swords and titties.

That's the one. :lol I'll snap some photos the ol' den again one of these days, it's got a few more posters/trinkets now.

I considered toning it down a few weeks ago, which was stupid. Boobs, Blades, and Britney are official den institutions.

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
Gloomfire said:
Gamestop thanks you for your $70 interest free loan :p.

He's got a Brittany Spears floaty pen dude. It's not cool to pick on people who's brains aren't functioning at full capacity. :D

Yes yes Billy, that's nice that you preordered all of those nice games. Let me go get your slippers, robe, and Brittany Teddy Bear. We'll take these nice pills and you can have a nice long relaxing nap. Billy...put the rhinestone encrusted letter opener down...BILLY! Ack!

ebcb407c13ba4657ae9d2e2dbe77753b.gif

Gloomfire said:
Gamestop thanks you for your $70 interest free loan :p.

True, true, but I've always considered it a fair compromise. I don't mind fronting them a little cash to secure myself a sealed copy on day one, considering how few copies they often receive in initial shipments (all of which usually end up stickered/gutted, not my cup of tea).

I'd probably utilize Amazon + Prime more often if I didn't have a GS like literally a mile away, but I do so it's much more convenient.

billy.sea

Banned
I don't understand why the need to preorder, especially for big games like Mario Galaxy 2. It's not like they will run out of copies because they will have tons of stock on day 1. Even if they do run out of stock, there must be a Target or Best Buy or Walmart near you. In fact, the big chain often have discount/promotion on the first week of release.

Yes Boss!

Damn, you guys are silly. If you buy at least one game a week you either have to preorder or go with something like amazon with prime just to guarantee the games arrive otherwise there a titles that simply don't show up at retail in a timely manner and you wind up wasting gas and time driving around town, making calls.

Really?! Interest on $50 for a few months? You are breaking his balls for that...pathetic.

HUELEN10

HUELEN10 said:
I really, REALLY should buy a digital camera, or at least fix up my Circa 1986 Kodak 35mm.
9d917745.png

I have just bought a copy of PROJECT DIVA and it should be coming in the next 25 or so days! The wait is so gonna kill me! :lol In the picture, you can also see my new and freshly-themed PSP-3000! I love the thing and it was Project Diva, along with all the Metal Gear goodness that finally made me get one! Fuck the haters, the screen's kick-ass!
My copy of PROJECT DIVA just shipped! A lot sooner than estimated too!
x2tnir.jpg

Yay!

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Tritton AXPRO to replace my Tritton AX360 ( true 5.1 headphone not emulation 5.1/Dolby headphone )

** warning PSeye shitty quality photos incoming **

3700008787_a0ef9d6337.jpg

3700820638_18fba2ab31.jpg

3700012537_8055a113b8.jpg

3700821452_e4e1734c62.jpg

3700011065_1178a5505f.jpg

nnext to AX360
3700822898_0eb32bf882.jpg

size comparison with my other headphones

HUELEN10

Totobeni said:
Tritton AXPRO to replace my Tritton AX360 ( true 5.1 headphone not emulation 5.1/Dolby headphone )

** warning PSeye shitty quality photos incoming **

3700008787_a0ef9d6337.jpg

3700820638_18fba2ab31.jpg

3700012537_8055a113b8.jpg

3700821452_e4e1734c62.jpg

3700011065_1178a5505f.jpg

nnext to AX360
3700822898_0eb32bf882.jpg

size comparison with my other headphones
Damn, that's some nice shit! How much were you able to get them for?

polg

drakesfortune said:
He's got a Brittany Spears floaty pen dude. It's not cool to pick on people who's brains aren't functioning at full capacity. :D

Yes yes Billy, that's nice that you preordered all of those nice games. Let me go get your slippers, robe, and Brittany Teddy Bear. We'll take these nice pills and you can have a nice long relaxing nap. Billy...put the rhinestone encrusted letter opener down...BILLY! Ack!

ebcb407c13ba4657ae9d2e2dbe77753b.gif

sauce?

Blablurn

2dmayx3.jpg

giving mirror's edge a second chance. never played dead space or GoW PSP though. looking forward to.

10i71he.jpg

Fucking Big Surf Island. It's an awesome add-on. well-spent money.

HUELEN10

Yazuka said:
My PS3 stopped reading discs, so I had to have something to play.

:lol Smooth move man! Hope you get your triple fixed though. PM me if you ever want to play in a match of SST, love that game (As well as Virtua Tennis 09 and Grand Slam Tennis, and, well really most tennis games :D) so just let me know.

How much for the system bundle total btw?

CiSTM said:
It is an interactive novel. And if it's anything like it's predecessor (Detective Chronicles) then it is utter crap.

shas'la said:
nooooo, i just ordered it :(

it's gotten much better reviews than the first game in the series. Sounds like it should be decent. I've been curious about getting it myself.

Kagami

I'm not really into fighting games anymore, but I am a Kotoko fan, so I'm sneaking into the Blazblue party through the back door by picking up the theme song, Ao-Iconoclast.
2vrzmlh.jpg

Yes Boss!

_dementia said:
so cool, can't wait to see the the finished product!

reminds me of this

Yeah, I'm gonna do something like that over the next few months to switch between the DC and PS2 for vertical shooters on the fly. I think it involves buying, at the very least, a whole other JPac and controller interface and then sending them all through some type of selector.

No need to do the Wii just yet since I won't be having the cabinet set horizontal but that is something I definitely want to do...you know, play all those classic PC-Engine shooters on a second cabinet...next year.

Yazuka

HUELEN10 said:
:lol Smooth move man! Hope you get your triple fixed though. PM me if you ever want to play in a match of SST, love that game (As well as Virtua Tennis 09 and Grand Slam Tennis, and, well really most tennis games :D) so just let me know.

How much for the system bundle total btw?
Yeah, it will get fixed. Sent it of today, so now I'll just sit back and wait a month or two before it will be returned. Hopefully sooner..
Yeah, I'll give send ya a PM if I'm gonna play it. =)

The bundle (360 & SST) converted to dollars, cost me about 254$.
And then Star Ocean 4 was about 88$. Its damn expensive here in Sweden. =/

Proc

wu5bbm.jpg

2rx766h.jpg

I'm enjoying both very much. I was going to study neuroscience before deciding upon majoring in i.t. security so this book has been a treat to read. Excellent recommendation from the out of the game podcast. BF1943 does not disappoint and I could not wait for it to come out on pc.

Yes Boss! said:
Yeah, I'm gonna do something like that over the next few months to switch between the DC and PS2 for vertical shooters on the fly. I think it involves buying, at the very least, a whole other JPac and controller interface and then sending them all through some type of selector.

No need to do the Wii just yet since I won't be having the cabinet set horizontal but that is something I definitely want to do...you know, play all those classic PC-Engine shooters on a second cabinet...next year.
If I had the space (and money!) I'd love to do something similar.

Lucky you live in California and can get Japanese cabs relatively easily. Shipping costs would kill me for a project like that :(

Yes Boss!

_dementia said:
If I had the space (and money!) I'd love to do something similar.

Lucky you live in California and can get Japanese cabs relatively easily. Shipping costs would kill me for a project like that :(

There is that guy in Georgia who always seems to get cabinets in...and I know there are group buys where users average about $600 for one. But, yeah, shipping from within the US intra-state is still something like $250-ish.

I actually considered ordering a container load from HK but I can't really ascertain the demand here in the west. I could warehouse them for up to a year but after that you lose money...and I'm not even sure I could move two a month. And even if you could, with new control panels and everything else (since a good portion start as Majong machines) you'd still have to sell them for $800-$900 here in the states to even make it worthwhile.

Top Bottom