• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY Pick-Up Post! (Show us your gaming goods!)

Jaagen said:
ngf_pickup_jul07.jpg

Looking into getting Rez next month, as well as more bit generations games.

orbital's great. relaxing yet challenging... and its a high score game
has an old arcade vibe too

Proc

ForzaItalia said:
Sorry to disappoint you Manics...she is 18 and is a great pick-up to go along with the Wii for July...the Wii has cost a lot more but she's been more fun...

I think I just puked in my mouth a little. Jesus. You didn't even post real pics of your Wii. F-.

Someone please photoshop his girlfriend? Plz k thanks.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Bii said:
What I've bought so far this month:

IMG_0790.jpg

IMG_0840.jpg

I purchased pretty much the same stuff this month. Did you get that HDMI cable from monoprice.com? I got mine from there thanks to other GAF'ers mentioning the site.

Along with a PS3 and HDMI cable, also picked up

DSC00790.jpg

and

SSDHD.jpg

I love this game :D Still need to get GripShift too

Pharmacy

Banned
ForzaItalia said:
Sorry to disappoint you Manics...she is 18 and is a great pick-up to go along with the Wii for July...the Wii has cost a lot more but she's been more fun...

oh so this was a LOOK AT MY GIRLFRIEND post huh? your a cool dude,

Rimshot

Comon people :) Be happy for him. The only thing I'm thinkering about is why she looks like she wants to hit the cameraman >.<;

Proc said:
I think I just puked in my mouth a little. Jesus. You didn't even post real pics of your Wii. F-.

All the Wii stuff I bought I left at my bro-law's and sis' place for them to enjoy...about a week ago so that's why I have no pics...

Yo geeks...she's not my gf....she is "July's flavour of the month" and ties in nicely with the "pick-up" part of the topic...no idea why some of you are hating...I never hate on your Mario or Wii avatars...

godhandokami.jpg

I also purchased Symphony of the Night and Wipeout off of the PSN, but after looking at the pictures I had taken of my tv I decided not to post those lest I incur the wrath of HDTV elitists.

Stumpokapow said:
The best part is that his avatar is his girlfriend. There's a thin line between pathetic MY GIRLFRIEND and creepy I OWN HER, and I think making your avatar of your significant other pretty much crosses it.

lol it is a little strange

ForzaItalia said:
All the Wii stuff I bought I left at my bro-law's and sis' place for them to enjoy...about a week ago so that's why I have no pics...

Yo geeks...she's not my gf....she is "July's flavour of the month" and ties in nicely with the "pick-up" part of the topic...no idea why some of you are hating...I never hate on your Mario or Wii avatars...
:lol You're so lame.

Mar

ForzaItalia said:

Does she know you've posted her pic in a pick up thread? One where it's usual to show your monthly pick ups?

Regardless, she's cute. I wouldn't have minded getting one of those when I picked up my 360.

ForzaItalia said:

So who found eachother's myspace profile first?

Mar_ said:
Does she know you've posted her pic in a pick up thread? One where it's usual to show your monthly pick ups?

Yes...she's using an avatar of my cock in another forum so it's all good...

204523447.jpg

Wanna add this to the list sometime this week but not sure how much it retails for in Canada...also curious if it's worth getting since I own the GCN version...loved the game...

Rimshot

ForzaItalia said:
204523447.jpg

Wanna add this to the list sometime this week but not sure how much it retails for in Canada...also curious if it's worth getting since I own the GCN version...loved the game...

It's pretty much the same with some new controls. If you think the controls are worth it then get it. Otherwise not. No graphical update at all. And to content it's just like the ps2. Not enough to validate another buy.

Rimshot said:
It's pretty much the same with some new controls. If you think the controls are worth it then get it. Otherwise not. No graphical update at all. And to content it's just like the ps2. Not enough to validate another buy.

Hmmm..thanks. I think if I do buy the game it's more for my bro-law to experience...depends on the price I suppose too...

How hard are PS3s to find in everyone's area...here in Toronto I saw about 10 sitting in the Best Buy near Eglinton/Laird just moments before I picked the Wii up at the Future Shop near there...

cvxfreak

ForzaItalia said:
Hmmm..thanks. I think if I do buy the game it's more for my bro-law to experience...depends on the price I suppose too...

It's $30USD so the price is good to go, especially if you trade in an older version to help recoup costs.

The new Wii controls are better than the original setup, and you can still use the original controls via the GameCube and Classic Controllers.

Rimshot

ForzaItalia said:

How hard are PS3s to find in everyone's area...here in Toronto I saw about 10 sitting in the Best Buy near Eglinton/Laird just moments before I picked the Wii up at the Future Shop near there...

Lol, I dont think the shops will be off with them anytime soon here. But then again I live in Sweden ^^ Where we pay 980 USD for the 60GB version xD

Joe Molotov

My sweet new rig, along with a few games I picked up for it:

mystuff.jpg

It's an Intel 2 Duo E6600 2.4Ghz, with a EVGA GeForce 8800GTS 640MB, 2GB of Crucial RAM, a 320GB internal HDD, and a 160GB external HDD. Also got a new 21" Viewsonic Optiquest Widescreen LCD monitor.

Proc

_dementia said:
also, wtf@ 1400 points. I wasn't aware they were available in this denomination.

Yeah, I like buying the 2800 points cards when I can help it. Usually cheaper, especially if a sale is on. Plus, it sums up nicely for two 800 point games and one 400.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Just bought Castlevania: Symphony of the Night on PSN. I was going to buy this from XBLA but now i am glad i waited, now i can play this on my psp as well.

oh wow, the whole manual comes with the game. awesome.

ForzaItalia said:
Since you got a Wii and a girl, get her Jack-Off Training so you guys can enjoy the Wii together even more!

wiimoting.gif

Anyway, picked this up 2 weeks ago.

dragon_quest_wii.jpg

chrome_wii.jpg

and Super Stardust HD.

I'll be getting Gundam 0079 Wii, Midnight Wangan PS3 and Project Sylpheed this week.

There's nothing illegal about ripping your disc of SotN to your PSP.

Dude bragging about the girl is something else. I've got no pretty pictures for you guys, but imagine Tekken:Dark Resurrection. It's better than stealing a pic.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Auron_Kale said:
I bought the MGS 3 Premium Pack from fellow Gaffer, GhostSeed, for $200 which I didn't mind paying since it's brand new (well, not really anymore since I opened it yesterday). But as far as availability, not too sure since it's really limited, though I think I saw someone on eBay selling a used one.

Now all they have to do is have a premium pack for MGS4 and my collection will be complete :D.

I was curious so I looked up the MGS3 premium pack on Yahoo Japan auctions. There's one to be had for less than $40 and is basically brand new except the outer wrapping for the box has been opened.

http://page16.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/u14887104

Yixian

Banned
Mar_ said:

Regardless, she's cute. I wouldn't have minded getting one of those when I picked up my 360.

Shame about the piece of metal lodged in her face though.

Seriously, piercings anywhere other than the ear = disgusting.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I picked up a Wii, Twilight Princess and RE4 on Sunday, thus ending a three year buying drought. (I did however play through Gears of War, Need for Speed: Carbon and part of DK: Jungle Beat during that period).

Rlan

rocket.jpg

Picked up Spyro for $20. I've been waiting for this price point for a while, so I'll play that on my Wii with Wavebird :)

Picked up R-Type III GBA for $10, and now I hear it's pretty crappy. Fricken hard too, maybe not worth it :|

And THEN I bought Scurge: Hive, Rocket Slime, and Mr. Driller for a total of $31US including postage to Australia, which is pretty god damn cheap. Now I need the time to play them :|

Rlan

Farore said:
What's Scurge about? First time I see that game...

It was a quick GBA port over, but works well since it uses the second screen as a map which is very welcome. Because it's a GBA game it's a bit limited in the graphics, but still looks quite nice.

I haven't played enough to get any real thought on the game, but from reviews it sounds like a 3/4 Metroid with more gunplay. The 3/4 view doesn't seem to really work with a DS IMO. Maybe I'm just not used to it - the last one I played was Sonic 3D Blast on the Genesis :lol

Top Bottom