• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

nny

crispyben said:
2usirsy.jpg

As usual, more CD's than games :p

I'm really enjoying the new Notwist cd.

ballerusk

Another marvellous cellphone camera picture

2515794093_5138e9cb40_o.jpg

Rock Band PS3
Futurama Bender's Big Score
Muse - Haarp DVD/CD
Audio Techica 943 hyper cardioid capsules
GTAIV PS3
Family Guy Blue Harvest (AU)
Independence Day BluRay
2x 500GB WD Elements harddrives
friendly t-shirt :)

Hinomura

2ugkhza.jpg

(sorry for lame psychedelic pic)

Notebook: Asus M50SV-AP025C* (T9300 @ 2.5ghz core2duo, nV 9500M GS @ 512mb + 1279mb turbomemory, 3gb ram + 1gb turbomemory)
Pendrive: 8gb Kingston Datatraveler
Ext Hard Disk: 500gb Western Digital My Book

not pictured...

Steam Game: Titan Quest + Expansion
Tools: Faston Box + Faston Wrench (needed for Hori RAP modding)

* notes
Ubuntu: due to the lack of drivers this notebook it's not (yet - I hope) usable with Ubuntu (8.04 tested): once booted, the screen brightness dims to 10% and both VGA and HDMI ports are not recognized (they don't work). Even the audio output is not working and it's forced to internal speakers, but this is a minor issue compared to the loss of sight caused by the extremely low brightess, well it's almost darkness (sorry).
XP: with a bit of googling you can run XP quite well, I've tested it, but unless you really do need one or more applications which don't work in Vista, I suggest you to keep Vista: this hardware is enough powerful to "play" Vista with ease and smoothness; I'm running it on an external 1920x1200 monitor via HDMI with Aero effects and more, and it's really, really smooth. I've tried few games (ie Bioshock in 720p) and they perform really nice. Futhermore I work with this nb (desktop publishing, php+sql web, and "office" matters) and no problems at all. So, please, accept my advice: don't uninstall Vista because it's Vista.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Can't compete with the last Metroid II offering in this thread, but it did inspire me to finally get a copy of my own... not complete ;(

2517350896_3ba9e79aaf.jpg

But I did get one of these...

2516528813_509822cf4c.jpg

Metal Gear Solid: Ghost Babel for Game Boy Color! Mint/Complete, thanks to NeoGAF member SanjuroTsubaki for both of these pickups! ;D

Captain N PM'd me the other week with a great idea. We should now vote for 'pickup' of the month amongst the posts in here! What say you guys? We have to decide on a fair/efficient way of pulling it off too...

lx4

pict0216cc3.jpg

Dreamcast Controller
PSX Wrist rumbler
Dreamcast controller extension cord
PS2 controller extension cord
Black Dreamcast VMU
Grey Dreamcast VMU
Virtual Fighter 3

Azzurri

I just bought some pretty cool retro stuff. NWC 1990 guide, Nintendo Powerfest Guide, and "The wizard" movie pamphlet.

This isn't my picture, since I just bought it today, but you'll see what it is.

BTW, as dumb as it might be to buy these, they hold their value extremely well. There about 100-200$ a piece. I bought everything for 200$ I bought 1 set, BTW not all.

DSCN33100003%2D1%2EJPG

kuYuri

ten13 said:
Part 2. A well-used, but working Dreamcast.

CIMG1610.jpg

Games and reading material.

CIMG1605.jpg

Nice. I have the same DC games, except replace RE:CV with Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. The only three games I have for the system.

zoku88

Hinomura said:
2ugkhza.jpg

(sorry for lame psychedelic pic)

Notebook: Asus M50SV-AP025C* (T9300 @ 2.5ghz core2duo, nV 9500M GS @ 512mb + 1279mb turbomemory, 3gb ram + 1gb turbomemory)
Whoa, it's really shiny. The V1s is totally not shiny. Nice pickup (I really want the V1sn now...)

The entire grab so far for May.

2517929730_32af55b466.jpg

May Pick Ups minus the "hey that's on sale and I don't have it"s. :D

2517937390_888c0a829b.jpg

Highlights include:
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (NES)
Unopened pack of Donkey Kong trading Cards (1984)
Lego Star Wars Boba Fett Marquette (#18 out of 1500)
Limited Edition GTAIV 'N1K0' License Plate (Amazon Exclusive)

dankir

dankir said:
Games with a mixture of some stuff from Late April. I was banned for about 2 and half weeks.

IMG_3982.jpg

HD movies got about 4 - 5 more coming in the mail.

IMG_3983.jpg

Onkyo TX-SR805S for all the HD audio codecs, everything sounds fucking amazing

IMG_3984.jpg

Picked both of these up seeing they were on sale and wanted to see which offered the best capabilities when playing Blu Ray and HD DVDs

IMG_3986.jpg

LG BH200 winning by a fucking 100 miles. It plays everything I throw at it, every type of HD audio codec in 5.1 / 7.1 with ease, destroys the BD-UP5000.

IMG_3987.jpg

and some other knick knacks

IMG_3992.jpg

To top off the month

Gears set 1 and I finally won a fucking online contest / giveaway. The Eye of Judgement 3 card contest

IMG_3993.jpg

Farore said:
What is Obscure about?

It's actually a sequel to an older game on the PS2. Essentially it's the video game version of a cheap teen slasher flick. There's a group of teenagers who go to college (in the original they were in high-school) when some strange fungus / flowers start sprouting up around town and making people go crazy.

The gameplay is like a 3rd person survival horror, with two players at all times. So you always have a 2nd AI player with you. It's interesting. I haven't gotten far enough to give any fair review of it or anything though.

Don

My dualshock 3 arrived today, then I also went and preordered MGS4.
2ajdhxh.jpg

DualShock 3
Final Fantasy III, Anthology, VI, VIII
Metal Gear Saga Vol. 2
Metal Gear Solid 4 Gift Card

Doc Evils

Don said:
My dualshock 3 arrived today, then I also went and preordered MGS4.
2ajdhxh.jpg

DualShock 3
Final Fantasy III, Anthology, VI, VIII
Metal Gear Saga Vol. 2
Metal Gear Solid 4 Gift Card

How much do you have to put down at game to get the MGS Vol 2 DVD?

Echoes

MarkMan said:
Can't compete with the last Metroid II offering in this thread, but it did inspire me to finally get a copy of my own... not complete ;(

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3281/2517350896_3ba9e79aaf.jpg[IMG]

But I did get one of these...

[IMG]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2393/2516528813_509822cf4c.jpg[IMG]

Metal Gear Solid: Ghost Babel for Game Boy Color! Mint/Complete, thanks to NeoGAF member SanjuroTsubaki for both of these pickups! ;D

Captain N PM'd me the other week with a great idea. We should now vote for 'pickup' of the month amongst the posts in here! What say you guys? We have to decide on a fair/efficient way of pulling it off too...[/QUOTE]
Congrats man, both are great pick ups! (glad that my purchase tempted you! :D). Especially Ghost Babel, I hear a lot of good things about it but never played it :(

And yeah, pickup of the moth is a great idea, I support it.

Banned
The only thing gaming related that I've bought this month has been LostWinds.

My new calibration kit finally turned up yesterday though:
2euu45u.jpg

s45lhs.jpg

2je2sud.jpg

And these today:
2uxtkhu.jpg

Don

Doc Evils said:
How much do you have to put down at game to get the MGS Vol 2 DVD?
I didn't have to pay anything. Im not even sure if I will get mgs4 from game since I want the limited edition and only play.com seem to be selling it in the UK. The only reason I preordered was to get the dvd.

Doc Evils

Don said:
I didn't have to pay anything. Im not even sure if I will get mgs4 from game since I want the limited edition and only play.com seem to be selling it in the UK. The only reason I preordered was to get the dvd.

Cool so you just go and say you want to pre-order the game and they give the DVD? 'cause I'm getting the LE from Play.com too. :p

Top Bottom