• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

Edit: added more pics and unboxing video (warning it will make you want to buy this...)

Had some time before work so I picked up an AC bundle for myself and one for a gift for a client of mine.

Also got in on the buy 2 get 1 free deal.

The white PS Vita is fucking awesome looking. Going to dive in to AC Lib now.

And if anyone wants to take a more in depth look into the white PS Vita here is me unboxing the bundle and checking out AC Lib:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DrOtcL9DnI

And then stopped at another Target on the way home and picked up two more and another game for my client:

Sexy! This stuff is really high-quality. I love it!

img_45916od5c.jpg

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
After preordering way back in the beginning of August, and after months of waiting...

IT'S FINALLY HERE. (Sorry for shoddy cellphone pics).

Front Box Cover
bZDu9.jpg

Back Box Cover
2jGjx.jpg

Inside of Box
qPOxe.jpg

Interview and other unreleased Amano artwork as well as a timeline of his work, premium flipbook featuring characters drawn by Amano, 2 post cards, and a certificate of authenticity with Amano's signature. (Not printed, actually signed).
yD1HX.jpg

Up-close shot of certificate. Limited Print Run of 1,000 copies.
LDJCZ.jpg

Acetate print of an Amano-style woman.
FgTk5.jpg

And finally, the books themselves. Book 1 (FF1-3), Book 2 (FF4-6) and Book 3 (FF7-10).
pLW9A.jpg

So happy. I didn't even realize how small the print run for this was too. So glad I preordered as soon as possible!

Jealous much? :p

Where are you employed and how can I hire you? I want gifts like that. But seriously, the white Vita looks fucking awesome. If I didn't already have a launch one, i'd totally buy this one.

I am a strength coach but do some personal training on the side. My very first client has been with me 4 years this November. He has easily spend $30,000 on sessions with me. It is the least I can do.

Lombax

Banned
Best pick-up the year for me came yesterday, this news from my mom via text:

Screenshot_2012-10-27-19-45-45-1-1.jpg

Long story short, she was diagnosed with cancer (specifically Aggressive Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) this last may - a week after she retired no less, and has been under-going chemo ever since. Apparently it's been working really well and the lymphoma cells are all but gone :) She goes in next week for a stem cell transplant as part of the final stage of her treatment (at least for this year).

Words cannot express how elated I am.

tumblr_m85aynT6zw1qm6wolo1_500.jpg

Fantastic news!

been a hot minute since I last posted..

Told myself I wasn't going to buy any launch day system but spending 5 minutes with this:
2frdxl.jpg

led to this:
VzA14l.jpg
sorry for the blurry shot - I was on the move...there were only three cards left

Pretty nice end to the month. Replaced my 80gb mgs4 ps3 with a 320 slim, really hate the newest redesign but the original slim is very nice. Played through Code of Princess about a week ago, game is great though I haven't gotten to the others yet. I am very impressed with the Sky, I have a few other Amano art books and actually considered cancelling the pre-order at one point but I'm so glad I kept it. The package is amazing and I had no idea it would include an autograph! Very nice, absolutely beautiful collection.

Jwvc8l.jpg

Rubius

So here a bunch of games I ended up buying over amazon and a local small gaming store.
OWjJd.jpg

yRElW.jpg

And here something I just got today and I even forgot about it.
Sky collection (I see that I'm the third to post here :p)
hf6YJ.jpg

iRssR.jpg

zj1Uy.jpg

FF2
GVGVa.jpg

FF6
BztkZ.jpg

FF7 team
1o1Px.jpg

Moggle Art
cFeTj.jpg

So yeah. Really happy its here. Lods of content and I'm glad to be in the 1000 club!

kvn

Nice build man, if you dont mind my asking, what case is that?

I wanted to get a bitfenix ghost, but reviews werent kind to it.

I guess it's either the fractal design R3 or R4. I guess it's the R4, I have that too, it's freaking awesome.

Bucca

SO GREAT.

How much was it?

I managed to nab a preorder off Amazon back in early August for 88$. The retail price of the collection is $140. People selling them through Amazon are already charging triple the price or more for both new and used copies.

And here something I just got today and I even forgot about it.
Sky collection (I see that I'm the third to post here :p)

So yeah. Really happy its here. Lods of content and I'm glad to be in the 1000 club!

Welcome to the club, brother!

9SYZb.gif

I managed to nab a preorder off Amazon back in early August for 88$. The retail price of the collection is $140. People selling them through Amazon are already charging triple the price or more for both new and used copies.

Very nice, I got mine for $92.13 from Amazon.ca. WELL worth it especially considering how much people are asking for it now. I imagine there might be another printing perhaps without the signature. Definitely very cool to have.

Bucca

Very nice, I got mine for $92.13 from Amazon.ca. WELL worth it especially considering how much people are asking for it now. I imagine there might be another printing perhaps without the signature. Definitely very cool to have.

I'm wondering if this will be the case. I'm not sure whether the "Limited Edition of 1,000" refers to the signature within the collection, or the collection itself.

Either way, it is an absolutely beautiful and lovingly made set that any Amano fan should own if they can.

I got engaged to my woman after being together for 2 years
H5fQxs.jpg

mmVwms.jpg

Got some games as well. I am missing Dishonored from the group cause I bought these at Target today:

zQYlEs.jpg

Top Bottom