• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

late morning nap out of my system. now onto these

ACHalo.jpg

All these early releases of Halo 4 is making me mad jealous!!!!!!! I keep going to the local K-marts and Walmarts hoping someone screwed up but no luck ;(

I MUST HAVE IT!

Loxley

Best pick-up the year for me came yesterday, this news from my mom via text:

Screenshot_2012-10-27-19-45-45-1-1.jpg

Long story short, she was diagnosed with cancer (specifically Aggressive Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) this last may - a week after she retired no less, and has been under-going chemo ever since. Apparently it's been working really well and the lymphoma cells are all but gone :) She goes in next week for a stem cell transplant as part of the final stage of her treatment (at least for this year).

Words cannot express how elated I am.

Best pick-up the year for me, this news from my mom via text:

Long story short, she was diagnosed with cancer (specifically Aggressive Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) this last may - a week after she retired no less, and has been under-going chemo ever since. Apparently it's been working really well and the lymphoma cells are all but gone :) She goes in next week for a stem cell transplant as part of the final stage of her treatment (at least for this year).

Congrats to your mom!

Sushigod7

Best pick up for the thread happy to hear she beat it!

lordimmortal

Neo Member

Congratulations man so happy for you :)

I love pick up like these.

Deserves a thread

VLR bundle came today :)

rd69r.jpg

Watch is a little big for my wrist, but still extremely cool. I love how bright the display is, too.

FmjnH.jpg

Fantastic news!!

Here's mine! It's not much, but it's good.

8129113002_e4cfaaaa44_c.jpg

Got those art pieces at NYCC.

Those art pieces. Wow.

VLR bundle came today :)

rd69r.jpg

Watch is a little big for my wrist, but still extremely cool. I love how bright the display is, too.

FmjnH.jpg

Fantastic news!!

Those art pieces. Wow.

Damn, wish I would've seen how cool the watch is. I'd have pre-ordered just to get that superbrite laser powered blinding watch. VLR be damned, because that watch is awesome.

hitmon

Good news indeed!

Damn, wish I would've seen how cool the watch is. I'd have pre-ordered just to get that superbrite laser powered blinding watch. VLR be damned, because that watch is awesome.

Actually my camera sort of exaggerated its brightness; only the numbers glow, not the entire area around it. Looks a big radioactive in the picture, haha.

This pickup has a bit of a story to it.

I was randomly checking the video games craigslist as I was listening to the Tested Octobercast... Normally the ads consist super over priced NESs, SNESs, Genesis, etc. Then I noticed a, "NES and games" that was about 10 minutes away for $75. The ad listed about 22 games with some good ones like Zelda and Donkey Kong. Again, only 22 games were listed in the post. I figured I would check it out if I can get the games for $2.50ish each.

Shot off an offer of $40. We reached a deal at $55.

I drove the 10 minutes and was greeted with two people in a 7-11ish store parking lot. They clearly were not into games, it was just sitting in their basement or something. The presented this:

She then admitted that there was more like 40 something games. They found some more as they put it all together...

yeah... there were a lot of games....

And then...

So... for $55 I pull in 52 NES tapes:

Easily one of my best CL finds in a lot time, arcade machines included.

And why did they own 3 copies of Legend of Zelda? No clue... But it seems like a lot of people had duplicates of games. Two copies of Super C too...

Yep, VLR watch is pretty dope. It's on the big side but I need to get a flathead that's the size of it, have one that's too big & one too little.

C6E3EC90-00FE-4C2F-A904-9042DABD5170-1789-0000014879C8DEDD.jpg

A5442167-1C5A-41D2-A435-2C0B4D24EEBC-1789-00000148730E62F3.jpg

BlackJace

Picked it up for 20 bucks.

Heard it was good. Not Conqueror of Shamballa good, though. That shit was bananas :)

Thank goodness for that! My aunt recently found out similar news. Good for you both!

Good for her (and you)

MYE

This is awesome dude!!! Really happy for you guys

This pickup has a bit of a story to it.

I was randomly checking the video games craigslist as I was listening to the Tested Octobercast... Normally the ads consist super over priced NESs, SNESs, Genesis, etc. Then I noticed a, "NES and games" that was about 10 minutes away for $75. The ad listed about 22 games with some good ones like Zelda and Donkey Kong. Again, only 22 games were listed in the post. I figured I would check it out if I can get the games for $2.50ish each.

Shot off an offer of $40. We reached a deal at $55.

I drove the 10 minutes and was greeted with two people, who clearly were not into games, it was just sitting in their basement or something. The presented this:

She then admitted that there was more like 40 something games. They found some more as they put it all together...

yeah... there were a lot of games....

And then...

So... for $55 I pull in 52 NES tapes:

Easily one of my best CL finds in a lot time, arcade machines included.

And why did they own 3 copies of Legend of Zelda? No clue... But it seems like a lot of people had duplicates of games. Two copies of Super C too...

Wow, that's an amazing haul! Way to go.

I'll be honest, Guerrilla War is the one I'd be most excited about. Mainly 'cause it fucking rocks.

How are those WD Red's for NAS? I am in desperate need of upgrading my NAS storage, and the Red's look pretty good.

Western Digital Red Review: Are NAS-optimized HDDs Worth the Premium?

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6157/...eview-are-nasoptimized-hdds-worth-the-premium

Final Words

With the WD Red lineup, Western Digital continues its successful branding initiative. The three disks that we have had in-house over the last month have performed and held up quite well under stress. The disks have the optimal balance of firmware features necessary for usage in NAS systems. The icing on the cake is the fact that all of these features are configurable, if the end user so desires. The power consumption profile is also very attractive, and the reduced IntelliPower rotational speed doesn't seem to affect the performance much (at least in the SMB / SOHO 2 - 5 bay NAS systems that these drives are meant for).

Are these features worth the extra premium? We have no doubts about that, as the extended warranty period (3 years vs. 2 for the Green drives) and 24x7 support, as well as the lower power consumption should pay for itself over the course of the lifetime of the drive. Irrespective of the warranty / RMA possibility, consumers would do well to keep data on any hard drive (including the WD Reds) backed up (if possible, in a different location).

On the basis of our evaluation, we have no reservations in recommending the WD Red lineup as the drives of choice for a NAS system. As usual, it is extended usage and consumer reports a few months down the line which will tell the true story. At the moment, however, WD does have a winner in the NAS market segment with the WD Red hard drives.

FL4TW4V3

That's some really good news.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
paperwhite.jpg
sandman.jpg

bats.jpg
catwoman.jpg

pkd.jpg
xeno.jpg

kirby.jpg
pikmin2.jpg

p4a.jpg
greatest.jpg

ds.jpg

Plus a lot of digital games, my favorites being Hot Shots Golf: OOB, XCOM: EU, Dishonored, DS: Durante Ed., Zero Escape: VLR and others.

congrats man!

mblitek

Wowee, wowee! Awesome news, sooo good! +1 for Stem Cells & Obama as Republicans are against "them." I have a Spinal Cord Injury so any research into Stem Cells is a welcomed one :)

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Plus a lot of digital games, my favorites being Hot Shots Golf: OOB, XCOM: EU, Dishonored, DS: Durante Ed., Zero Escape: VLR and others.
I always love seeing your pick-up posts. Enjoy Gotham Central. I thought the ending fell apart, but the first few trades are incredibly good.

New TV after the ex went crazy and pulled the old one over. Ended up claiming on insurance as she damaged corner and also the optical out port, (TV still worked fine though) took over two months for them to get the parts and the other week they said it could be another month yet, so they wrote off the old one (I can keep it and dispose of how I wish....) and then gave me the 2012 top of the range from LG.

It's an absolute beauty of a TV :) Oh also got Sports Champions 2 lol

Sushigod7

New TV after the ex went crazy and pulled the old one over. Ended up claiming on insurance as she damaged corner and also the optical out port, (TV still worked fine though) took over two months for them to get the parts and the other week they said it could be another month yet, so they wrote off the old one (I can keep it and dispose of how I wish....) and then gave me the 2012 top of the range from LG.

Excuse me while I clean myself up over here, that is a beauty!

Blablurn

aweome! really awesome! congratulations! i wish her the best for the future!

Top Bottom