• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Tohsaka

imgp0387kwu4t.jpg

I'll get a better camera someday.

jonno394

hey hey new Vitabros! :D

In regards to this, i just got a new 32GB card from Amazon and started the backup/restore process. 41£/50€/65$ being relatively cheap for one :p

16GB's just isn't enough when you start getting those 4GB games :p

Yup i've already filled my 16GB up, I think i'll invest in another or a 32GB soon.

Doing my Granddad proud by spending the inheritance he left me in a way similar to how he would have spent it,...

jguaevvaCng6k.jpg

..on a brand new car.

MY14 XC60 R-Design Lux D4 (Diesel).

Fully loaded with the most ridiculous amount of extras I could stick on there - (everything bar the in built navigation, sunroof, digital TV and the power passenger seat).

Manual gearbox, as automatics are no fun. You can't make a prat of yourself by stalling it multiple times in a row the first time you drive it with an auto for example :D.

I bet my granddad is giving me the thumbs up from his cloud, whilst telling dirty jokes to all the other folk up there.

KingGondo

Banned
Doing my Granddad proud by spending the inheritance he left me in a way similar to how he would have spent it,...

jguaevvaCng6k.jpg

..on a brand new car.

MY14 XC60 R-Design Lux D4 (Diesel).

Fully loaded with the most ridiculous amount of extras I could stick on there - (everything bar the in built navigation, sunroof, digital TV and the power passenger seat).

Manual gearbox, as automatics are no fun. You can't make a prat of yourself by stalling it multiple times in a row the first time you drive it with an auto for example :D.

I bet my granddad is giving me the thumbs up from his cloud, whilst telling dirty jokes to all the other folk up there.
Beautiful car. I love the XC60.

maks

Made some updates to my living room.

Bowers & Wilkins CM9 floorstanding speakers...the 60inch tv kinda makes them look small
jTtTcMx.jpg

BZuXyPQ.jpg

Bowers & Wilkins CM1 bookshelf speakers, GTA5, Pikmin, Wonderful 101
WBQ8FRJ.jpg

Marantz Receiver
oKtrTT3.jpg

Tattooth

I got a Wii U! I bought it at the stooooore!

I thought I'd take a picture of this boxart because it is way nicer than the console.
It's also a good subject for my new iphone 5s, which has quite a nice camera.

Dead

well not really...yet
Made some updates to my living room.

Bowers & Wilkins CM9 floorstanding speakers...the 60inch tv kinda makes them look small

Bowers & Wilkins CM1 bookshelf speakers, GTA5, Pikmin, Wonderful 101

Marantz Receiver

Congrats on the pickup. CM9s are awesome. Did you Bi-Wire them?

That TV stand is awesome btw.

maks

I was about to say the opposite, with them making the TV look small hehe. Awesome looking speakers. They sound as good as they look?

I've heard them before with a worse amp. They still made the heavens tremble.

Yes they sound fantastic and look great! There really is a big sound difference each time you go up in speaker quality. I never realized it before but it is obvious once you listen to the right setup.

As amazing as it sounds now with the Marantz, im reading that I could make it a little better with an Arcam receiver or by adding an amp such as the Rotel or Emotiva. I'll save money over the next year and think about it. But right now I don't think I'll ever worry about changing out these speakers. Very happy with them.

Some really nice pick-ups there, but for the love of God, give that Marantz some room to breathe. :(

I rushed to hook them up =)

It seems to be ok for now. The BDI Ola stand I have it in is awesome. There are airflow vents on each shelf and through the back. I'm planning to pick up some new speaker wires this week...i'll probably build my own. I'll move everything around then.

TV+Stand+BDI+019.JPG

maks

Congrats on the pickup. CM9s are awesome. Did you Bi-Wire them?

That TV stand is awesome btw.

I most certainly will but don't have the wires to do so yet. The Marantz actually allows me to bi-amp by attaching one set of wires to the Front and the second set to the surround rears. I'm leaning towards building my own wires. Maybe go with a Canare 4s11 mod like this...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/RnB180/redauction1.jpg

I'm really impressed with the stand. I thought it looked great in the store, when i started to install components I started to appreciate how well designed it is. Routing wires, accessing components...so easy.

Best pickup of the year for me, so far:

Dragon Quest X Special Pack for Windows

Includes an encyclopaedia of Dragon Quest X monsters. (Now, I'm off for my 3-month probation appraisal at work! Wish me luck!)

ekim

imagexoyjp.jpg

All together for 700€

Intel i5 4670
8 GB RAM from Corsair
Cooler Master Elite 344
Gigabyte H81M-S2PV
Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 Dual X OC Boost (just 300 Euro)
A wifi stick
Real power 600W PSU

Accoun

nananananana Batman: Arkham Origins preorder.
I don't really like preorders and frankly, I don't care about this game (I don't even have what to play it on). I just bought it for the bonus t-shirt, since it didn't cost much. I'm not going to use it, probably will give away/sell dirt cheap, since it still gives some DLC and a bit off the shelf price.

Ban Puncher

lRrnUGP.jpg

Got the solid wood sword from a good mate who was in Kyoto buying new kendo gear. Time to retire my grandfather's putter as my 'Immediate Home Defence Solution'.

And first time taking a photo with the pictured Sony Xperia Z1. Lovely bit of gear.

Addnan

Is there a noticeable difference? I've thought about getting one for a while.
I guess it depends on what you are running it from. I am using it with AKG K550 and HTC One. My HTC without the amp makes it sounds decent enough, but at higher volumes sound was getting a little distorted. This has made a great improvement, can drive the headphones better, sound is clearer, feels more like I am running it from my PC. Which is great.

Im a manly man, but awwwwww kitty kitty meow meow meow

I say meow a lot too.

As another manly man, all I can say is 'Awww' and I hope he/she grows up to be a badass hunter.

Not that I want to derail this thread, but what are you calling him/her? I have one that looks just like yours called Watson...he is an incredibly simple cat.

Well, we've been calling him Orange because he is the color orange/blondish. Maybe he needs a proper name eventually, but if he gets use to Orange we might have to stick with it. :p

Amazon just delivered my copy.

wLI2rnQ.jpg

ojtZqel.jpg

I got it for $31 after deal from amazon, it was suppose to be $20 but used some of the trade in credit on something else.

haikira

Horror!
Gave my horror collection a bump, as I'm doing the 31 days of October challenge. Apart from Day of the Dead, which I love, I've never seen any of these.
img_2394d1urm.jpg

Steam Games
Already played Knights of Pen and Paper on the Ipad and loved it, but decided to double dip while it was on sale. Really looking forward to playing the other two.
untitled-1wju5n.jpg

GTA5
Just some obscure game, you've probably never heard of it.
img_2405kzu1c.jpg

I say meow a lot too.

Well, we've been calling him Orange because he is the color orange/blondish. Maybe he needs a proper name eventually, but if he gets use to Orange we might have to stick with it. :p

Orange works! Watson was given the name Blondie before they realised he was a he. Needless to say we didnt stick with Blondie.

Top Bottom