• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Sethos

Banned
A little something from Korea

Hu4idDg.png

L5q2U31.png

3W12bdq.png

2560x1440, PLS Panel, 120Hz - Can't complain.

LiK

Haven't posted in these threads for like 3 months. I keep forgetting. Here's just some stuff I remember taking pics of. Heh

5D7BF352-66D6-4B7B-BFAF-5026E901B492-1157-000002107BCDD564_zps27983776.jpg

C3979A2F-460E-4849-8D67-71DD6F3DFDEC-2943-0000064C9B5D1A63_zps51fc8753.jpg

2451DC59-8DF8-419D-BCC0-AFD8541C9090-2943-00000649EF5EB89E_zps76e2f6d4.jpg

2E129A21-1A2F-4D85-9B72-8552DDB9797A-2943-0000064A18318F42_zps93748839.jpg

16B4A4C1-6FDB-4D0E-9AF0-F6AAC08FC334-2943-00000649C7540355_zps7f8fc348.jpg

BSdWqItIIAAzB46_zps75aac1f0.jpg

7AC97043-4C70-4408-818D-2C702DAA56E9-833-0000018942528626_zpsf7378891.jpg

Caode

I just got back from picking up Beyond.

Anyone from the UK here?

I got a code for one of those god awful Resident Evil films, some promotion GAME are running handing out free codes for it, I can't redeem it since I live in the Republic of Ireland, and for the simple fact I wouldn't insult myself by watching it.

Anyone want it?

I just got back from picking up Beyond.

Anyone from the UK here?

I got a code for one of those god awful Resident Evil films, some promotion GAME are running handing out free codes for it, I can't redeem it since I live in the Republic of Ireland, and for the simple fact I wouldn't insult myself by watching it.

Anyone want it?

Sure, why not? PM me the details, please.

Atolm

kIJFalCl.jpg

Not exactly a pick up but w/e. An new acquaintance of mine bought this CPU back in the day, but then someone gave him a i7 870 so he didn't use this i5 at all. The ram is also from him, it's 8GB DDR3 1800, and apparently it didn't work with his motherboard for some reason.He gifted me everything when he knew I'm unemployed and with a Core 2 and 2 gigs of ram.

Now I'm looking for a LGA1156 motherboard, and they're sold out everywhere, at least in Europe.

Gamble

Well, somebody had to buy one ;)

7hdfFnOl.jpg

Y'know what? It actually looks okay in the flesh, not as daft as the promo shots make it out to be. I haven't fired it up yet (currently on charge), but my initial impression is that it fits in my large hands surprisingly well. Finally I can use a 3(2)DS without having to cramp up my index fingers to use the bumpers - they now sit comfortably along the edge of the 2DS leading up to them.

I didn't think it was out until tomorrow officially, but a local high street retailer was selling them today so I got suckered in.. just waiting for Pokemon to arrive tomorrow now :D

Nice if they had them in any other color besides blue are red local I would grab one for the novelty alone

Yes Boss!

7hdfFnOl.jpg

Y'know what? It actually looks okay in the flesh, not as daft as the promo shots make it out to be. I haven't fired it up yet (currently on charge), but my initial impression is that it fits in my large hands surprisingly well. Finally I can use a 3(2)DS without having to cramp up my index fingers to use the bumpers - they now sit comfortably along the edge of the 2DS leading up to them.

I didn't think it was out until tomorrow officially, but a local high street retailer was selling them today so I got suckered in.. just waiting for Pokemon to arrive tomorrow now :D

God damn that is so gorgeous. Really hoping they bring the white to NA and/or Japan so I can get one.

Addnan

A little something from Korea

Hu4idDg.png

http://i.imgur.com/L5q2U31.png[/]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/3W12bdq.png[/]

2560x1440, PLS Panel, 120Hz - Can't complain.[/QUOTE]

How long did it take to reach Denmark? I really want one, but kinda scared as to how much the UK customs is going to charge in import tax, plus the 20% VAT.

Hey Amazon, don't you think this packaging is a little excessive?

dcbox.png

That's just as bad as what Amazon UK sent me with my Sherlock calendar that I posted earlier in this thread.

The box (which would easily fit a stack of books, a laptop, a router, etc.):

The item in question:

Obviously not pictured is the 10ft. of brown packing paper... The calendar alone is one of the thinnest items you could ever purchase and yet, smh at the packaging.

deroli

Bought some albums (reposting from a OT thread about cds):

Metro Area - Metro Area
The Field - From Here We Go Sublime
Daft Punk - RAM

Sethos

Banned
got the same qnix a few months back - great purchase :)
(only bad thing i have noticed now: you cant run a 360 with these monitors)

Indeed. Yeah, I heard about that. Though I would never run a console through a non-native PC screen, it blurs the image heavily.

How long did it take to reach Denmark? I really want one, but kinda scared as to how much the UK customs is going to charge in import tax, plus the 20% VAT.

4 days. Ordered Sunday, was shipped Monday morning, from Korea. Was in China the next day and was flown to Germany the same day. From there it's then flow around Europe, so I'd say 4 days would be the same for you us well.

Denmark also has heavy VAT / Import taxes but this went straight through. I have no heard of a single korea monitor getting slapped with any import taxes, mainly because it goes through FedEx where they have a different arrangement.

So I wouldn't worry too much.

Sethos

Banned
Just a heads up, as my post is a bit misleading. The monitor out-of-the-box is 60Hz. However these monitors has an uncanny ability to overclock. Some go to 120hz, others lower but a lot of them will overclock easily.

God damn that is so gorgeous. Really hoping they bring the white to NA and/or Japan so I can get one.

Just a few shots of it with stuff running. Lighting conditions and camera phone don't do it justice - the screen is razor sharp, nice colour tone and no ghosting... I actually prefer it to the XL! Both DS and 3DS games look glorious on it:

BWToo5iIMAAJXAL.jpg:large

BWTp9SZIQAAbjtn.jpg:large

BWTrbgZIgAEaRQM.jpg:large

Love you too, Lightning :p

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I've gotta be honest: That Chrono Trigger shot is not inspiring confidence. The blurriness of the text suggests it looks even worse than the OG 3DS. And that's saying something.

I've gotta be honest: That Chrono Trigger shot is not inspiring confidence. The blurriness of the text suggests it looks even worse than the OG 3DS. And that's saying something.

As I mentioned, please don't treat my shots as any kind of quality reference - these are camera phone shots, after all. I have an OG 3DS as well, and I immediately prefer the 2DS display. Display quality is highly subjective, but I can say that I'm fussier than the average person and It definitely looks better to the naked eye than in my pics.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
As I mentioned, please don't treat my shots as any kind of quality reference - these are camera phone shots, after all. I have an OG 3DS as well, and I immediately prefer the 2DS display. Display quality is highly subjective, but I can say that I'm fussier than the average person and It definitely looks better to the naked eye than in my pics.

Gotcha. Well, in any case, the device looks a lot better than what the pictures Nintendo put out there suggested.

Yes Boss!

I was already sold from day first-second of the announcement. A true return to original Nintendo styling. Most impressive nintendo handheld design since the SP and Micro.

I also prefer the OG 3DS screen over the XL so I'm glad to hear it is at least as good!

Black and Blue for me. Hoping the white eventually makes it to NA...no problem double-dipping for that color as well. Gonna make an exquisite GB/GBC/GG player!

DS games look shitty on all the 3DS variations if not in the 1:1 mode.

Pengew

A few more for the month. Finally got my hoodie designs in! Figured I needed a few more games to go with the new WiiU. :)

10213172806_2da8b058c3_c.jpg

cookiebro

Neo Member
those are my gaming pick-up for this month so far. still waiting for Dragon's Crown and its artbook. the hoodie is a pre-order bonus for the game. (Diablo III: Book of Tyrael is on its way)
OWbsWMq.jpg

sikkinixx

10215762585_87bd54b647_z.jpg

Ordered on a whim and it just arrived. I have a dilemma. I'm a bit short of cash at the moment so the urge to flip it on Craigslist for $100+ and the pick up a regular version is strong. But... I kinda like the LE and I generally dislike people who flip stuff like that. So sealed it remains for now.

The version of Pokemon with the superior legendary + a new case.

iRnoDskFZeRIC.jpg

Got these in yesterday as well. God damn it! I don't even know what to play atm. Think I might leave W101 until last

ilV50r1AaO9Zz.jpg

Getm4tSl.jpg

New PS Vita bundled with Walking Dead and a 4GB memory card, as well as a year subscription to PS+ (for games and PS4).

Also (not pictured), Call of Duty Ghosts PS4 pre-ordered and paid in full. All the above for $150 after trading in my Wii U, and some games.

Sora_N

X cover is beautiful, can't wait to get mine tomorrow morning. Gonna head to store earlier so I can play on the way to class!

New002

Just a few shots of it with stuff running. Lighting conditions and camera phone don't do it justice - the screen is razor sharp, nice colour tone and no ghosting... I actually prefer it to the XL! Both DS and 3DS games look glorious on it:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BWToo5iIMAAJXAL.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BWTp9SZIQAAbjtn.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BWTrbgZIgAEaRQM.jpg:large
Love you too, Lightning :p

Damn. I wish we got the Red/White color in the states.

7hdfFnOl.jpg

Looks alright in white. I wish there was an all-black model though.

Top Bottom