• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 1 |OT| - A new season dawns with champs vs chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Penny

That extra field goal makes all the difference brah!

You do realize when you could actually play defense turnovers were higher...which lead to defensive scores and good field position to score. That's why in back in the days the scores were high even though QB's were throwing like 50% completion rates or lower.

Don't listen to Chan. This is a way more interesting fantasy football comment than most.

That hurts bro. Hold out hope for 8.
It's okay. Looking at the OP I see he's a fellow Oakland Raiders fan, so I understand why he might be frustrated at the moment. Just know I'm here for you bro.

effzee

Yeah, I'm uh, not that broken up over Mitchell being doubtful. Guy is ok, but he's good for 1 or 2 personal foul flags and game and doesn't stop running his mouth. Plus, Mikell was a top 5 SS according to PFF last year. I'll take it.

Mikell should still be an Eagle.

Dude was a legit SS and what he lacked in speed he made up with sure tacking, smart play, and being in the right spot.

Fuck Reid and Banner and their "youth movement" which cost the team any chance for a few more runs and left us where we are right now with the likes of Chung, Coleman, and Allen.

cdyhybrid

You do realize when you could actually play defense turnovers were higher...which lead to defensive scores and good field position to score. That's why in back in the days the scores were high even though QB's were throwing like 50% completion rates or lower.

I don't follow.

Are you saying that extra scoring is only okay when it's a defensive TD or set up by a turnover?

DSmalls84

It's okay. Looking at the OP I see he's a fellow Oakland Raiders fan, so I understand why he might be frustrated at the moment. Just know I'm here for you bro.

Trade Luck and make your roster better in other areas. No reason to have 2 top 10 QBs on a team. Manning is good enough you don't need to play match ups.

some QB's still throw at 50% or lower today!

MechDX

I'm not sure I can take much more butt fumble.

sanchezass.gif

Sorry Fox. Its like saying Beetlejuice too many times.

mr2xxx

Banned
So I sat Peyton Manning on the bench and started Andrew Luck this week on my fantasy team. I may have made a mistake.

My friend and I co-own a team and he wanted to do the same due to the weather. If I did that and watched the game I would of punched him in the face by the 4th TD, by the historic seventh I would of cut him up and feed him to Chan.

effzee

We call that pulling an Irsay.

I know 99% of fans will disagree with me but seeing how well Manning is playing, does anyone think the Colts will regret their decision?

Say the Broncos do win a SB this year. Wouldn't any fanbase take a SB win (and possibly more) over starting over again and rebuilding? Even if it is with Luck. I believe they let go of Manning thinking he wouldn't be able to play like this ever again. If they knew he could make a recovery like he has, with the # 1 pick they could have reloaded their roster and built around Manning for another 2-3 legit SB runs.

Or was going with Luck the no brainer move no matter what?

brentech

Damn, Hernandez pleading not guilty to the gun charges as well. Dude is on video holding a gun. How the fuck does that work.

Tamanon

Banned
I know 99% of fans will disagree with me but seeing how well Manning is playing, does anyone think the Colts will regret their decision?

Say the Broncos do win a SB this year. Wouldn't any fanbase take a SB win (and possibly more) over starting over again and rebuilding? Even if it is with Luck. I believe they let go of Manning thinking he wouldn't be able to play like this ever again. If they knew he could make a recovery like he has, with the # 1 pick they could have reloaded their roster and built around Manning for another 2-3 legit SB runs.

Or was going with Luck the no brainer move no matter what?

Honestly, going with RG3 was the no-brainer. Luck is very Favre-esque. He'll throw a hundred times a game and hit about 50% with just as many touchdowns as interceptions. Doesn't make sense to me as a QB if you don't have a great defense.

Tom Penny

People don't think Luck will be more efficient this year when they don't ask him to throw more 20+ yard passes in the league than basically any other QB?

Heard some reporter who's been covering the case things Hernandez is going to get off.

Something about him and another guy are teaming up on the third guy locked up and saying he took things too far without their knowing and shot the dude. Hernandez is supposedly paying for all the lega fees of one of the guys but doing nothing for the other.

who knows

Simmons said:
The stakes for Cleveland's new brain trust, as pointed out by a Cincinnati reader named Clark: "Since 1999, the Browns have more staph infection lawsuits against them (2) than playoff appearances (1)." In other words, what's the rush?
I laughed.

brentech

Heard some reporter who's been covering the case things Hernandez is going to get off.

Something about him and another guy are teaming up on the third guy locked up and saying he took things too far without their knowing and shot the dude. Hernandez is supposedly paying for all the lega fees of one of the guys but doing nothing for the other.

who knows
he has ties to Florida. He'll probably walk.

Crisco

Banned
Nothing in the game last night made me think bad rule changes. What I saw in the second half was a tired defense that lacked leadership against one of the most opportunistic QBs ever. They were making tons of mistakes and Manning was making them pay.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

who knows

So he's basically pleading guilty to accessory to murder to beat a murder one charge. Makes sense, but that's still got to be 10+ years in prison, I'd imagine. bionic will clear this up later, I'm sure.

who knows

Doesn't matter. A guy's dead, his football career is over, and he'll be lucky if he gets to be a part of his child's life. Tragic.

Syrinx

ktoZPOs.jpg

End of an era...*sniff*

It sure is dusty in here!

Buttfumble will always live on in our hearts and in this thread!

The first time I saw this was when I clicked on this thread on Thanksgiving just to see how the game was going, and I saw the gif. I laughed for like five minutes straight. *sigh* Good times.

So he's basically pleading guilty to accessory to murder to beat a murder one charge. Makes sense, but that's still got to be 10+ years in prison, I'd imagine. bionic will clear this up later, I'm sure.

with the money he's paying out his lawyer will probably try damn hard to get an obstruction of justice plea deal

unlikely though

The rushing game on both teams sucked last night, but who cares I guess when Manning throwing dem TDs. 4262 yards and 7 TDs, while Flacco threw for more attempts, and 100 less yards.

Godslay

Banned
Dude had like 63 pass attempts.

Manning had around 20 less, yet had 100 more yards and 5 more TDs.

And did it for better bang for the buck.

Lmao.

He had to throw that much though. Run was consistently stuffed, and playing that far behind he had to look down field. Coverage was good, so we got some good pressure later in the game. But yeah the defense sucks ;)

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
He had to throw that much though. Run was consistently stuffed, and playing that far behind he had to look down field. Coverage was good, so we got some good pressure later in the game. But yeah the defense sucks ;)

I wasn't paying super close attention, but it appeared to me that in the second half, the Broncos switched to man-to-man coverage for every snap. Eliminated to communication issues and stopped Baltimore's lousy receivers. Flacco being terrible doesn't hurt, either.

Tabris

DRC looked really good though, so when we have Champ back and Von Miller too?! Whoo Whee!

MechDX

I wasn't paying super close attention, but it appeared to me that in the second half, the Broncos switched to man-to-man coverage for every snap. Eliminated to communication issues and stopped Baltimore's lousy receivers. Flacco being terrible doesn't hurt, either.

Collingsworth made the same comment at the end of the 3rd

MechDX

Drew Dougherty ‏@DoughertyDrew 6m
Kubiak at podium: Ed Reed practiced entire practice, with pads on the whole time. #Texans

Reed still not ruled out for Monday. I say just sit him for now.

effzee

I don't think the Colts had the pieces they needed to win with Manning, so Luck was the better option.

Neither did the Broncos. I think Manning makes the average pieces around him better.

In Indy they still had Garcon and Wayne at WRs. They could have flipped that #1 pick to get a great deal like the Browns did with the Skins. They could have used those picks, or even the #1 pick, to build up the roster in other spots mainly the D.

Obviously its hard to say now because Luck seems legit but the way Manning has bounced back, armed with the #1 pick, and a weak division they could have just as strong.

effzee

DRC looked really good though, so when we have Champ back and Von Miller too?! Whoo Whee!

DRC will be good so long as he doesn't play superior WRs who can catch even with good coverage on them. Then its adventure time as he tries to tackle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom