• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 1 |OT| - A new season dawns with champs vs chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm assuming that it will be a reason why he performs well versus that of other years. Plus it's a bit of a different ship being ran here versus those other teams. I guess if that's too obvious and deserves a smart ass comment then so be it.

They are both stat padders with nothing to show for it so far. At least Stafford doesn't take himself too seriously and has a good time doing it. Plus he's still young so he might actually end up with a championship which Brady will never have.

smh

jakncoke

Banned
Man not even a sex tape joke, For shame jnc.

There was sex tape with Tom Sizemore character ? Been a while since I seen the movie, all I remember was he kept punching and wanting to kick that one mentally ill dudes ass while Nick Cage character was a massive drunk seeing dead people and not wanting to join.

Tom Penny

100+ more wins. 0 legitimate rings. Keep hoarding those stats and wins.

You know it's true gata.

History says 3 SB's while your QB has more one and dones than Brady has playoff losses. He was spectacular in the playoffs when Indy beat the Bears though.

Godslay

Banned
History says 3 SB's while your QB has more one and dones than Brady has playoff losses.

Like I just said, even Barry Bonds records are standing. Cheaters cheatin', but they all have asterisks by them and no one respects him or the Patriots as legitimate. Deal with it!

I'd rather have the 3 rings than not have them.

I'm sure you would rather be 6'0" tall, but wishful thinking doesn't make it a reality!

I have to go back to work, have a nice day!

There was sex tape with Tom Sizemore character ? Been a while since I seen the movie, all I remember was he kept punching and wanting to kick that one mentally ill dudes ass while Nick Cage character was a massive drunk seeing dead people and not wanting to join.

Tom Sizemore released a sex tape of himself a few years ago to try and boost his career.

Bowser

Some personal background on Cam:

@jjones9: Sat down with Cam recently for a piece running Sunday. A number of interesting things didn't make the cut. I'll tweet them here

@jjones9: Cam is currently binge-watching Breaking Bad. Last I talked to him he was near the end of Season 2.

@jjones9: Cam's took this offseason to make changes. But he's doing it for himself and no one else. "What you eat doesn’t make me go to the restroom"

@jjones9: Cam on Qs like where does he eat, what's he do: "They treat me like I’m an 'it'. What does it like to do? Is it hungry? Is it cool?"

@jjones9: For the #Buzz crowd: "The worst thing that could have happened (to CLT sports) was the Charlotte Hornets leaving" -Cam

@jjones9: He's only good at football "Golf, I tried it, I suck. Baseball, I’m not good at it. Basketball, I think I’m good, I’m not good."

@jjones9: QBs he mentioned by name he watches on off days: Brady, Peyton, Vick, Rodgers, Luck, Wilson, Kaepernick, RG3

@jjones9: Cam on fellow young QBs: There ain’t no bad blood with them. I’m not over there hating on them. These dudes, they make me better.

@jjones9: After he breaks the huddle before games and before his first snap, Cam blows a kiss to his mom. Has done this since high school

@jjones9: There you go. 8 nuggets to whet your appetite for Sunday's piece.

jakncoke

Banned
Tom Sizemore released a sex tape of himself a few years ago to try and boost his career.

Oh, I was just mentioning things that happened in the movie. I told Chan he should watch it because Nick Cage is an alcoholic ambulance driver like he is in life. But apparently Chan thinks he just an alcoholic ambulance driver that beats up on the mentally ill

Hunter S.

DRC will be good so long as he doesn't play superior WRs who can catch even with good coverage on them. Then its adventure time as he tries to tackle.

Lol, Champ has long been called the best tackling CB in the league even last year. You obviously have not watched him play much. This post is so bad it deserves two lols.

ChanHuk

Banned
Oh, I was just mentioning things that happened in the movie. I told Chan he should watch it because Nick Cage is an alcoholic ambulance driver like he is in life. But apparently Chan thinks he just an alcoholic ambulance driver that beats up on the mentally ill

Pats fans are mentally ill. I don't think you guys would mind if I beat them up. Like that sponge Dutch.

gutshot

Deadspin: Mike Tomlin Unfollowed Cut Steelers Players On Twitter

This is pretty much the perfect 21st century NFL story, pairing the coldly impersonal nature of personnel moves with the vapidity of social media relationships. After the Steelers made their final roster cuts, head coach Mike Tomlin promptly unfollowed them on Twitter.

It's no big loss. Tomlin, who joined Twitter in July, might be the least essential follow in a galaxy of boring, platitude-spouting, unengaged athletes using the service.

ku-medium.jpg

Some personal background on Cam:

@jjones9: He's only good at football "Golf, I tried it, I suck. Baseball, I’m not good at it. Basketball, I think I’m good, I’m not good."

Cam would be that huge guy who could dominate any pick-up game on the inside, but thinks hes Ray Allen and insists on throwing up bricks from 3 instead

jakncoke

Banned
It's only cause you assholes have to downplay any good thing that happens. It's like the Hater's Ball up in the bitch, as Chappelle would say.

Now I'm really going back to work. Carry on talking shit...

Will make Mannings inevitable post season collapse that much more delicious as you and your chronies salty tears run like the mississippi river in the spring

cdyhybrid

Cam would be that huge guy who could dominate any pick-up game on the inside, but thinks hes Ray Allen and insists on throwing up bricks from 3 instead

Sounds like laptop alright!

Pats actually have won though. Sonics just got shipped off to the middle of nowhere.

Show me the evidence.

Will make Mannings inevitable post season collapse that much more delicious as you and your chronies salty tears run like the mississippi river in the spring

How you gonna talk about running away after a loss doe

Bowser

I'm not assuming anything, you see the gif, you know exactly how it played out. Chud called the perfect play. Cam fucked it up, and you blame Chud anyway.

You said that because he was unsuccessful on the pass call, why wouldn't he be unsuccessful on a run call...that's the definition of an assumption. You're being intentionally dense.

SUPREME1

Banned
Yep, that was me talking about DRC back when we traded for Kolb. He has loads of talent and had speed but was always immature and had motivational issues. After he was injured in the divisional round against the Saints in Warner's final year, he became a complete bitch that shies away from contact and forgot how to tackle. This fear and hesitation will prevent him from ever being great and his motivation is what keeps him from being a viable starter. Maybe playing for a contender in Denver will change the latter aspect but he definitely needs to prove it before anyone assumes anything.

Apparently Jack Del Rio sat down with him before he was signed and and asked him if he was willing to be coached aggressively. JDR pointed out that his years with the Eagles were a waste and that he could still live up to his potential.

Last night's work against TSmith indicates he is willing to learn. Not to mention he signed for cheap knowing what to expect.

Thinking alot about the game, and I'm not too worried about the defense. First game and in Denver air can explain away some of the second half fatigue, not to mention Peyton. He was unbelievable. His audibles were perfect, his ball placement was amazing; they were making plays even when we had good coverage. Pass rush looked ok, and rush D looked good (I know they were shitty backs, but they were shut down at least).

Now......the offense. I will say, losing Jacoby and Oher definitely hurt in the second half when we did nothing, but also, Caldwell called a bad game. We went to Flacco 30 times in the first half, before we were losing, and that was too much. We need Rice. We need Pierce. When they got the ball, they looked good, they just didn't get the ball. Dallas Clark and Ed Dickson are terrible. At least Clark had some catches to go with his drops, Dickson just made drops. And then there was Joe. Oh, Joe. Fuck you, Joe. You were bad. Bad decisions made and bad throws.....all....fucking....game. Come defend your boy, my fellow Ravens fans. I had an inkling of optimism heading into this game that Flacco just may be a better QB than I thought....that his performance in the playoffs wasn't flukey. It was. He had ZERO touch. He overthrew everybody, deep and short. He overthrew screen passes. He seemed bewildered. He basically was the exact Joe Flacco I thought he was. Fuck you Flacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom