• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 1 |OT| - A new season dawns with champs vs chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
So for those of you guys who purchased the Madden with NFL ticket, can you use it on multiple devices? Meaning if you first use it on your phone, can you then next time use it on your tablet or laptop?

I am being forced to go to a brunch on Sunday afternoon with it being explained to me that the Eagles don't play till MNF and that plus I have the Sunday ticket. I'll have to watch the games I want to see on my phone.

But mostly I'd like to use my laptop and hook it up to my big screen. Don't want to use the code on the phone and find out I can only use it on my phone.
You can use it on multiple devices but I'm pretty sure it can only be one at a time. If you use it on a tablet or phone you'll need to download an app, though.

Also I just discovered this Lana Del Rey lady. Her album is quite swell and I can't stop listening to it. Is that wrong?
Haven't heard the album but that song Young and Beautiful was stuck in my head for weeks after I saw The Great Gatsby.

Fantomex

So for those of you guys who purchased the Madden with NFL ticket, can you use it on multiple devices? Meaning if you first use it on your phone, can you then next time use it on your tablet or laptop?

I am being forced to go to a brunch on Sunday afternoon with it being explained to me that the Eagles don't play till MNF and that plus I have the Sunday ticket. I'll have to watch the games I want to see on my phone.

But mostly I'd like to use my laptop and hook it up to my big screen. Don't want to use the code on the phone and find out I can only use it on my phone.

Also I just discovered this Lana Del Rey lady. Her album is quite swell and I can't stop listening to it. Is that wrong?

Your login and password lets you switch devices but you can only be on one device at a time.

Bowser

Beware - the fucking Sunday Ticket app is broken and as far as I know hasn't been fixed yet. It just shows the NFL and DTV logos after you log in - I don't know if they're going to get it fixed for this weekend...

I know it must be tough for you too.

Your beloved Jags will have a tough year with Worst Human of the Century™ Blane Gabbert as QB.
How you gon' slight Ryan Leaf like that, man? He's even another QB for crying out loud!

50f8bfa560e65.preview-620.jpg

eznark

Banned
Beware - the fucking Sunday Ticket app is broken and as far as I know hasn't been fixed yet. It just shows the NFL and DTV logos after you log in - I don't know if they're going to get it fixed for this weekend...

As opposed to all of the NFL games it should be showing??

Bowser

As opposed to all of the NFL games it should be showing??

I think I read that they had the preseason games or something up - people were using it before an update they released recently and were testing out the quality by watching preseason or last season replays, I forget which.

edit: With Sunday Ticket app you could watch NFL Network before an update they just released and now nothing shows after you log in except the logos. Taking a bit of a chance by hoping they're just gearing up for Sunday.

Fuck basketball. Fuck baseball. Fuck college football. The NFL is back at last.

Can't wait for Culter-mania Sunday, and to see my painkiller loving coach back on the sideline.

eznark

Banned
Sunday Ticket has never shown pre-season games in the past. It's never "turned on" until the regular season starts save for three or four years ago when they first rolled out the mobile options and they had week 4 preseason for testing purposes. They don't generally "turn it on" until the first Sunday.

They are doing last seasons games now?! Holy shit, thanks. I was going to pay for NFL Rewind or whatever it's called again this year but if they have started archiving games with Sunday Ticket, fuck that!

eznark

Banned
Lana Del Ray looks like a man dressing up as Jennifer Lopez.

Sunday Ticket is just showing Sunday Ticket commercials for me right now. Works great! And, holy rad they have turned it into a remote control now too. Sweet! You can "swipe" games up to show them on your TV. Sick.

Greg

Lana Del Ray looks like a man dressing up as Jennifer Lopez.

Sunday Ticket is just showing Sunday Ticket commercials for me right now. Works great! And, holy rad they have turned it into a remote control now too. Sweet! You can "swipe" games up to show them on your TV. Sick.
that just made my morning

Bowser

Sunday Ticket has never shown pre-season games in the past. It's never "turned on" until the regular season starts save for three or four years ago when they first rolled out the mobile options and they had week 4 preseason for testing purposes. They don't generally "turn it on" until the first Sunday.

They are doing last seasons games now?! Holy shit, thanks. I was going to pay for NFL Rewind or whatever it's called again this year but if they have started archiving games with Sunday Ticket, fuck that!

I don't think they're showing last season games, I'm probably wrong about that (never had Sunday Ticket) - turns out it was preseason:

Dear NFL Fan,

As a valued NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX subscriber, we are asking for your assistance to help certify our mobile & online systems on Thursday August 29th so we are prepared for week one of the NFL Season.

Here's how:
Go to the app store and download NFL SUNDAY TICKET
Login to the NFL SUNDAY TICKET app on Thursday August 29th between 7 - 11 PM EST using your directv.com credentials
Enjoy up to 8 NFL pre-season games
Thanks for your help, no feedback is necessary from you to DIRECTV.

Enjoy the upcoming NFL Season!

Sincerely,

DIRECTV

eznark

Banned
I don't think they're showing last season games, I'm probably wrong about that (never had Sunday Ticket) - turns out it was preseason:

Cool, yeah they did that when it first launched on mobile a few years back. I wouldn't worry about it on mobile devices. They've been great. Their track record on their web-based stuff though is pretty shit. It's been essentially unusable many, many times. And last year they turned off multiple log-ins which sucked. I used to have a game on the TV, a game on the ipad and 4 games on the laptop but last year you couldn't be logged into laptop and mobile device at the same time.

eznark

Banned
The only reason I know who she is is because Buckethead was jerking off all over the thread about her last year so I had to look her up to properly shit on him.

Bowser

Cool, yeah they did that when it first launched on mobile a few years back. I wouldn't worry about it on mobile devices. They've been great. Their track record on their web-based stuff though is pretty shit. It's been essentially unusable many, many times. And last year they turned off multiple log-ins which sucked. I used to have a game on the TV, a game on the ipad and 4 games on the laptop but last year you couldn't be logged into laptop and mobile device at the same time.

Ah yeah, just logged in on my iPhone and it's working now. iPad's at home so don't know if that's fixed as well but I assume it is. Good to see.

cajunator

Banned
I literally only know of her because I went to see The Great Gatsby with my wife and liked that one song.

Being disconnected from modern pop music is something you should be proud of.

I love the Great Gatsby book for some reason. Hated reading most classic literature but that one stood out to me for some reason. How is the movie?

I love the Great Gatsby book for some reason. Hated reading most classic literature but that one stood out to me for some reason. How is the movie?
It's kind of what you'd expect. It isn't as finely tuned as the book and some of the changes lessen the impact of the book's themes but it was pretty enjoyable overall. The one thing that really rubbed me the wrong way was the way they tried to incorporate modern stuff into the setting, so you had stuff like Jay Z and Beyonce playing during what was supposed to be the 1920's. That felt very out of place.

effzee

I knew GAF went crazy over her but I never bothered to listen to her music. Something about her awful SNL performance. Wife hates her cause she "fake".

But I kept hearing Summertime Sadness on the radio and liking it until it kicks into a generic dance song. Knew it had to be a remix. Listened to the full album and really liked it. I don't know if she qualifies as pop since before the techno remix I never heard on the radio but whatever she is, she can sing and I like her style.

Once I get home tonight I'll see if I can access the app on my phone. I mainly want to see the Saints Falcons game at 1. I'll be home by 4 for the 49ers and Packers.

I literally only know of her because I went to see The Great Gatsby with my wife and liked that one song.

Being disconnected from modern pop music is something you should be proud of.
Pretty much the same story for me (though I only just saw the movie last week via an Apple TV rental). Outside of Young and Beautiful which I like a great deal, I have no familiarity with her work.

Visual feast for the eyes, nice mash-up of modern music combined with the period and a bit empty in comparison to the book (which I also love). It's saved by the performances, really.

The one thing that really rubbed me the wrong way was the way they tried to incorporate modern stuff into the setting, so you had stuff like Jay Z and Beyonce playing during what was supposed to be the 1920's. That felt very out of place.
That's Luhrmann, really. It worked for me but I understand the feeling. A few of the people that saw it around me complained about the same. The scene in the barber shop had a nice take on a jazzy version of something more modern. I thought it was the strongest in that scene.

cajunator

Banned
It's kind of what you'd expect. It isn't as finely tuned as the book and some of the changes lessen the impact of the book's themes but it was pretty enjoyable overall. The one thing that really rubbed me the wrong way was the way they tried to incorporate modern stuff into the setting, so you had stuff like Jay Z and Beyonce playing during what was supposed to be the 1920's. That felt very out of place.

hmm. This could be the dealbreaker :/

I knew GAF went crazy over her but I never bothered to listen to her music. Something about her awful SNL performance. Wife hates her cause she "fake".

But I kept hearing Summertime Sadness on the radio and liking it until it kicks into a generic dance song. Knew it had to be a remix. Listened to the full album and really liked it. I don't know if she qualifies as pop since before the techno remix I never heard on the radio but whatever she is, she can sing and I like her style.

Once I get home tonight I'll see if I can access the app on my phone. I mainly want to see the Saints Falcons game at 1. I'll be home by 4 for the 49ers and Packers.

Man that games gonna be great. Saints arent as fucked this year even with the injuries at linebacker. They will fare much better.

The only reason I know who she is is because Buckethead was jerking off all over the thread about her last year so I had to look her up to properly shit on him.
:jnc

I love her voice and music but yeah she looks like a foot with collagen injections.

Syrinx

Fuck the Bucs.

LETS GO JETS.

I feel like this is one of the few games this year they can win.

I really wish Sanchez was playing this game. If he was, I'd be a lot more confident. But that element of Smith's running can throw a wrench into things; otherwise, you guys got nothing on offense.

Quick predictions:

Lions record: 6-10

Schwartz: Fired Week 15.

Stafford: 3,800 yards passing, 59.7% accuracy, 20 TD, 18 INT, injured in meaningless Week 17 game

Megatron: 1,853 yards, 109 receptions, 10 TD

Reggie Bush: 950 yards. Combined.

Suh: Suspended at some point for taunting Jay Cutler after snapping him in half for his 4th sack of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom