• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 1 |OT| - A new season dawns with champs vs chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
THU, SEP 5

Baltimore at Denver

SUN, SEP 8

Early
New England at Buffalo
Cincinnati at Chicago
Miami at Cleveland
Atlanta at New Orleans
Tampa Bay at NY Jets
Tennessee at Pittsburgh
Minnesota at Detroit
Oakland at Indianapolis
Seattle at Carolina
Kansas City at Jacksonville

Late
Arizona at St. Louis
Green Bay at San Francisco

Night
NY Giants at Dallas

MON, SEP 9
Philadelphia at Washington
Houston at San Diego

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
This picture has me so hyped:

tempDL--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

That, ladies and gentleman, is a d-line.

Joe-Thomas-NFL.jpg

Enlarge that picture at your own risk.

Those are some arms.

OWOmtm4.jpg

But I kept hearing Summertime Sadness on the radio and liking it until it kicks into a generic dance song. Knew it had to be a remix. Listened to the full album and really liked it. I don't know if she qualifies as pop since before the techno remix I never heard on the radio but whatever she is, she can sing and I like her style.

The Summertime Sadness remix by Cédric Gervais is awesome, it's a song you can take your shirt off to.

effzee

Those are some arms.

The Summertime Sadness remix by Cédric Gervais is awesome, it's a song you can take your shirt off to.

I knew it sounded like some Euro-trash.

I love how everyone talking about the Eagles automatically assumes they will run one style of offense and defense exclusively. Shurmur this morning said they might run some read option but they might not. Might go games without using it. That there is a great flow of ideas and that whatever best fits the game plan, strengths, weaknesses, and the opponent will be used. Refreshing! What a concept. To adjust to the players and opponents!

Same for D. We won't be a full 3-4. More like a hybrid 4-3 under. Connor Barwin is the only real "OLB" we have who can do more than just rush off the end.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
The Dolphins go to the promised land, Jets go 0-16, I get that Taco Bell gift card, I pig out on Doritos Locos Tacos, I have a bad case of the shits for days.

And it. Will. Be. Glorious.

MechDX

I would rather neither team win tonight so I came to a conclusion on who I should root for. Ravens play in a far tougher division than the Broncos. So if one team must win go Ravens.

I would rather neither team win tonight so I came to a conclusion on who I should root for. Ravens play in a far tougher division than the Broncos. So if one team must win go Ravens.
I'm going Broncos for two reasons:

1. Broncos are cooler than the Ravens.

2. Broncos are all but guaranteed to make the playoffs so they need to soak up as many AFC wins as possible.

Finally a realistic Lions fan

Well, some of those are obviously a little joke (Stafford's injury, Suh's suspension bit), but my most optimistic prediction is this:

Lions record: 12-4 (NFC Wild Card #1; loses NFC North to GB on head-to-head tiebreaker because the Pack beats them both times this year; wins wild card match-up against Kirk Cousins-led Redskins before losing to 49ers after RG3's knee explodes while hotdogging in Week 16)

Stafford: 4,200 yards; 70% completion rate; 28 TD, 12 INT

Megatron: 109 receptions, 1,920 yards, 13 TDs

Reggie Bush: 1,300 yards combined, with 550 receiving. Joique Bell barely breaks 1,000 yards as the team's leading rusher.

Suh: ... Still suspended for taunting Cutler by doing a helicopter dick out in the middle of Soldier Field after sacking him. Some things never change.

Dragon

Banned
Lana Del Ray seems like the perfect music for a man not allowed to make his own decisions.

I'm a single guy who constantly makes bad decisions and I listen to her :p.

Well, some of those are obviously a little joke (Stafford's injury, Suh's suspension bit), but my most optimistic prediction is this:

Lions record: 12-4 (NFC Wild Card #1; loses NFC North to GB on head-to-head tiebreaker because the Pack beats them both times this year; wins wild card match-up against Kirk Cousins-led Redskins before losing to 49ers after RG3's knee explodes while hotdogging in Week 16)

Stafford: 4,200 yards; 70% completion rate; 28 TD, 12 INT

Megatron: 109 receptions, 1,920 yards, 13 TDs

Reggie Bush: 1,300 yards combined, with 550 receiving. Joique Bell barely breaks 1,000 yards as the team's leading rusher.

Suh: ... Still suspended for taunting Cutler by doing a helicopter dick out in the middle of Soldier Field after sacking him. Some things never change.

The Lions couldn't go 12-4 in the AFC East or South. What makes you think they can do that in the NFC North? Or is this tongue 'n cheek?

Justin Pugh is going to get his trial by fire on Sunday at RT. He will likely be facing Demarcus Ware as Garrett is already talking about moving him to that side to test the rookie right out of the gate.

I look forward to seeing how he holds up. He'll likely get plenty of help but I'm interested to see how he acquaints himself against one of the best pass rushers in the league.

I'm a single guy who constantly makes bad decisions and I listen to her :p.

The Lions couldn't go 12-4 in the AFC East or South. What makes you think they can do that in the NFC North? Or is this tongue 'n cheek?

A lot of lucky breaks all at the same time.

Like I said, that is my most optimistic prediction. Not the one I think will happen.

To break it down further, here's where I see all the games on the schedule:

Lions wins:
Chicago (x1; Lions and Bears generally trade road losses)
Minnesota (x1)
Arizona (Larry Fitzgerald am cry)
Dallas (Romo gonna Romo)

Definite losses:
Green Bay (x2)
Baltimore (because Monday night)
NY Giants

The Muddy Middle (where shit can go either way):
Tampa Bay (aka the Cantina Chicken Bowl sponsored by Taco Bell)
Cleveland
Cincinnati
Chicago 2nd game
Minnesota 2nd game
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
Washington

So in my quick predictions, I had the Lions going 2-6 in Muddy Middle games (Tampa and Cincinnati as their wins) while in the super-optimist version, they win all 8, even if they're close games.

Almost certainly, they won't win all 8. That would require luck the likes we haven't had since the 1989 NFL Draft. But it makes nailing down an actual record tough, which is why I've seen predictions from 5-11 to 11-5 thrown about. There's no telling what team is going to show up this year and there's a number of outside factors in play, too (Big Ben's health and age wearing him down? Kelly's offense in Philly actually working or not? RG3 evading a sophomore slump and/or further injury? Weeden somehow not tanking the entire Browns organization with his play?) that make it hard for me to get a good read on them.

The 12-4 super-optimist prediction also assumes that the Bears' O-line situation is as bad as people think; that Ponder will play so bad that Vikebike is dragged down with them; that Reggie Bush is as good as actually advertised; that the injury bug doesn't come after Stafford, Megatron, Suh, Fairley or Chris Houston; and that Akers is as clutch as Jason Hanson was.

I still think that, until proven otherwise, the Lions have not earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to close games. They have a tendency to come up short in them, and until that pattern changes, I'll continue to believe that when the pressure is on in the last two minutes and they're up/down by 2, they'll implode. That's why my more realistic prediction was 6-10.

Mitchell Schwartz its on you to stop that beast...
Did you know that Cameron Wake has led the league in holding penalties caused for the past two seasons? Offenses have given up on trying to stop him so they just hold him all game and hope the refs only notice once in awhile.

In 2011 he drew more holding calls on pass plays (8) than anyone else on pass and run plays combined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom