• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 1 |OT| - A new season dawns with champs vs chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightz

I just realized I completely forgot about the existence of Monti Te'o once last season started. How did he end up doing?

Just like his girlfriend, invisible. He hurt his foot in the first preseason game, hasn't played since. Just started doing individual drills again yesterday.

Turnstile

It's a beautiful day waking up for football in the Mile High City.

I am ready to sacrifice my liver to the beer gods again. It worked last night at the Rockies /Dodgers.

Blue Paddle is on my sacrifice list in honor of Godslay. Any other Colorado beer requests to sacrifice my liver from Broncos GAF?

Time to get ready and tailgate.

United in Orange.

bionic77

SONY fanboys cant handle anything positive about the Xbox One can they....geez. Glad I like games and can grab both consoles. Feel sorry for the poors who cant; then feel the need to defend the company that doesn't give 2 shits about them once they bought the product.
The problem isn't gaming age or fanboys. It is you going over there. Just use it for news and maybe a few funny GIFs.

You should not care about their opinions. And technically most journalists ARE shills for the companies. GAFers just get mad when they are not shilling for their company.

SUPREME1

Banned
I dun goofd. I was supposed to set the dvr for tonight's game but forgot. Game starts at 5:00, I get home at 7:25.

I'm contemplating using up my entire lunch hour on driving home and setting it.

Dragon

Banned
SONY fanboys cant handle anything positive about the Xbox One can they....geez. Glad I like games and can grab both consoles. Feel sorry for the poors who cant; then feel the need to defend the company that doesn't give 2 shits about them once they bought the product.

I'm more concerned that Adam Sessler doesn't know the specs of the two machines at this point. And I don't mind Penello. He likes Transformers! How can you hate a dude like that.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
image.php

image.php

methodman

Banned
I really hope once Nov. 15th rolls around all the Sony fans will start talking about the PS4 and stop talking about the XB1. There is literally not 1 XB1 that isnt filled with the same losers bringing up the same shit over and over.
I'm gonna be buying both consoles next year or later. already got a wii u and am Goin to cop wind water Hd, donkey Kong and mario 3d. Sick lineup

Dragon

Banned
I really hope once Nov. 15th rolls around all the Sony fans will start talking about the PS4 and stop talking about the XB1. There is literally not 1 XB1 that isnt filled with the same losers bringing up the same shit over and over.

Are you calling me a loser? :p

Are you calling me a loser? :p

No there are people infinitely worse then you in those threads. In terms of the SDF on this site you wouldnt make the 100 worst list.

I'm more concerned that Adam Sessler doesn't know the specs of the two machines at this point. And I don't mind Penello. He likes Transformers! How can you hate a dude like that.

Sony still hasnt released the CPU speed, right? I can see why someone like Seesler would want to wait until all the numbers are out before saying anything definitive.

Fantomex

That gif with Brady is satisfying. Especially when you see the Ref run to make sure he is okay, like they usually always do.

It's really weird that so many analysts have the Browns winning this week. It's almost 8 to 2 ratio. I guess they really don't think our D is that good. We will find out on Sunday.

Dragon

Banned
No there are people infinitely worse then you in those threads. In terms of the SDF on this site you wouldnt make the 100 worst list.

Sony still hasnt released the CPU speed, right? I can see why someone like Seesler would want to wait until all the numbers are out before saying anything definitive.

Sony did but very quietly in a Killzone presentation. With the Xbone's 150 mHz gain it's 1.75 vs 1.6 at this point in MS' favor.

If ppl are that up in arms about specs build a PC.

Exclusives really for me are the difference. Why not both? A lot of the Sony fans BS is probably because of how last gen started I'd say. Pent up rage!

Sony did but very quietly in a Killzone presentation. With the Xbone's 150 mHz gain it's 1.75 vs 1.6 at this point in MS' favor.

Oh I had no idea. I had seen the 1.6 thrown around but I thought it was still unconfirmed. I am kind of surprised Sony didnt go bigger with it since they seemed to go so big in other areas. The little I know about P
C's I thought that overclocking the CPU was a way to really increase performance.

It's really weird that so many analysts have the Browns winning this week. It's almost 8 to 2 ratio. I guess they really don't think our D is that good. We will find out on Sunday.
I'm also a little puzzled by this. It doesn't bother me at all, I'm quite used to the Dolphins being picked to lose, but it does surprise me a bit. I guess they just feel like the team has too much preseason hype that is unsubstantiated?

Still, I'm having a hard time seeing what makes the Browns a better team, at least on paper.

You're all racists for wanting more night games.

GAF doesn't care about across the globe people.
Just for the record, I've got major respect for you guys for staying up until crazy hours of the night to watch football. Very admirable.

Fox318

I dont understand why there are fanboys in videogames. Why not just play all the games?

Consoles are expensive and people become a rabid fan in an attempt to justify the cost of a system. Most of the people who become fanboys either have no disposable income or are very young.

I just don't get adults that are hardcore Nintendo fanboys like our dear snes.

bionic77

I'm gonna be buying both consoles next year or later. already got a wii u and am Goin to cop wind water Hd, donkey Kong and mario 3d. Sick lineup
U gets DK this year?

Ugh I really don't want one but damn that game is good.

Still feels like a 200 dollar console to me.

Oh I had no idea. I had seen the 1.6 thrown around but I thought it was still unconfirmed. I am kind of surprised Sony didnt go bigger with it since they seemed to go so big in other areas. The little I know about P
C's I thought that overclocking the CPU was a way to really increase performance
Depends on how CPU bound the game is or not. It's not exactly black and white. Something like Civ5 or GTA IV on PC are fairly CPU intensive so doing an overlock can net substantial performance gains. Whereas Metro 2033/Last Light are heavily GPU dependant and you're not likely to get much in the way of any framerate gains with a substantial overclock.

However, PC and console development aren't 1 for 1 either despite how strongly GAF enjoys conflating the two.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
That gif with Brady is satisfying. Especially when you see the Ref run to make sure he is okay, like they usually always do.

Gotta admit it is odd seeing the Browns favoured in a game not against Buffalo.

But I don't blame them, once you see Trent Truck on the roster you realize everything is gonna be okay. :)

Hunter S.

It's a beautiful day waking up for football in the Mile High City.

I am ready to sacrifice my liver to the beer gods again. It worked last night at the Rockies /Dodgers.

Blue Paddle is on my sacrifice list in honor of Godslay. Any other Colorado beer requests to sacrifice my liver from Broncos GAF?

Time to get ready and tailgate.

United in Orange.
Hey, you might get some Sunshine Wheat Beer, Honeybee Wheat if you like Wheat beers. Perhaps, some Mass transant. Go really local and get some purple Haze, or White Rhino.

Sounds like an awesome trip to Denver!

Milchjon

Hmm? I think all of us Pats fans in here have been frustrated with the drafting style of BB for years, especially when it came to DB. And with such a number of bust DBs, the question isn't only whether the picks sucked, but also whether the coaching is a problem. Even McCourty has fallen off to some degree, there's a reason why they converted him.

bionic77

Gotta admit it is odd seeing the Browns favoured in a game not against Buffalo.

But I don't blame them, once you see Trent Truck on the roster you realize everything is gonna be okay. :)
I honestly forget what Browns fans were like when the Browns were good.

Be interesting to see how you guys handle winning whenever it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom