• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 1 |OT| - A new season dawns with champs vs chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milchjon

10 years of GAF? damn cant imagine all the fucked up stuff youve seen over the years lol

The atmosphere has definitely changed. I don't think anyone would dare making a thread about having hugged two brazilian girls on today's GAF anymore. GAF wasn't really small back when I joined, but it was much more intimate. It has really exploded over the years.

squicken

So before Cooper's injury, I had us the surprise team of the season and having an outside shot at a wildcard. With our OL back to shit, I have no idea and am genuinely curious to see how Palmer handles it. That's why I'm glad we're playing the Lambs as they shredded our OL for 9 fucking sacks on Kolb last season. Granted, we were using Batiste still at the time and as much as Brown sucks, he isn't THAT bad. This should be an interesting test.

I don't think the Rams will make the playoffs. I'd guess 7 wins, but if things broke their way they could win 9 and maybe that's enough for the last WC. But they have to sweep AZ. Not just for the wins, but for the tie-breaker. No Week 1 game is ever must-win, but for the Rams' playoffs dreams, it is as close as a Week 1 game can be

Nakazato

Fantasy questions

Luck v Raiders or Pey Pey v Ravens

Pick: MJD v KC or Felix Jones(or Redman) VS Tenn or Ryan Matthews vs Houston

When Flacco throws his first pick we are going to get like 10 pages of Flolacco posts. I have a feeling that there will be a crazy amount of posts tonight.

If Flacco throws a pick to night im going to turn off the game and go listen to linkin park.

Milchjon

Everybody wants to be the Pats.

Edit:
In an interview on CNBC's Squawk Box on Wednesday, Brady was asked about Manziel's "showboating." Manziel was flagged for a personal foul last week against Rice for engaging in too much chatter with a Rice defender, and after serving a first-half suspension for NCAA satisfaction, made a couple of hand gestures that have been alternately criticized and defended publicly by various sports figures.

While not specifically referring to Manziel, Brady noted that "if you're a turd, it's going to come back to you."

:jnc

MechDX

tumblr_mmuletilbd1r555cwo1_500.gif

Jesus in 2 months i'll be here 6 years. Never been on a forum that long
Next month makes 6 years for me if you count lurking. Took two damn years to get my account approved back then.
Gonna double those sacks Sunday! 18 sacks!
Not a chance! What would be funny about that is I'm playing Rams D against Squicken this week.
I don't think the Rams will make the playoffs. I'd guess 7 wins, but if things broke their way they could win 9 and maybe that's enough for the last WC. But they have to sweep AZ. Not just for the wins, but for the tie-breaker. No Week 1 game is ever must-win, but for the Rams' playoffs dreams, it is as close as a Week 1 game can be
I was counting on sweeping the Rams but now it's all in the air (though most think otherwise).

Turnstile

Game time. Waiting for the train for Mile High.

I'm hyped more than any other opener I've ever been to. It's a work day, but the city is so electric. Got damn.

I don't give a shit who is or is not playing tonight. The Broncos are better now. And no Bill Vinovich.

jakncoke

Banned
The atmosphere has definitely changed. I don't think anyone would dare making a thread about having hugged two brazilian girls on today's GAF anymore. GAF wasn't really small back when I joined, but it was much more intimate. It has really exploded over the years.

Yeah im member 29342 and right now there is 129,861. So 100k people(usernames) were made after my join. wow

Bowser

10 years of GAF? damn cant imagine all the fucked up stuff youve seen over the years lol

fucking olds

Damn you guys are old

I'm not that old! I joined GAF at the tender age of 15...

Your not tagged Bowser? Must have kept a low profile for that long without a tag.

I used to have the tag "Biscuit Justice...is Served." (or something akin to that) which linked to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OolG-Oc0P4

Zeke

I can't wait for sunday night, heres to another 1,000yd with more TD's season get'em Dez! That back shoulder fade was looking sexy in preseason I hope it keeps working for them during the season
j7yloqU.jpg

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Der Der Der, Trent Truck, Gawrsh, I'm down for repairs every 2 weeks, der der. Suck it Kave, you degenerate, flea infested, let the whole Cleveland Browns piss on you stupid Cat.

]
IY5OktY.jpg

WHAT THE FUCK GIVES YOU THE RIGHT YOU INSOLENT RAGAMUFFIN?!?

Nothing gives you the right!

I had to raise this up, no way people don't pay attention to this solid photoshop

Fantomex

THU, SEP 5

Baltimore at Denver

SUN, SEP 8

Early
New England at Buffalo
Cincinnati at Chicago
Miami at Cleveland
Atlanta at New Orleans
Tampa Bay at NY Jets
Tennessee at Pittsburgh
Minnesota at Detroit
Oakland at Indianapolis
Seattle at Carolina
Kansas City at Jacksonville

Late
Arizona at St. Louis
Green Bay at San Francisco

Night
NY Giants at Dallas

MON, SEP 9
Philadelphia at Washington
Houston at San Diego

WHAT THE FUCK GIVES YOU THE RIGHT YOU INSOLENT RAGAMUFFIN?!?

Nothing gives you the right!

I had to raise this up, no way people don't pay attention to this solid photoshop

Even when I Insult you and your garbage team, I take my time, I put in a solid 15 minutes. I do this all for you Kave. For you....

this_guy

So I just updated my avatar to include the Texans logo. Spent 3 hours using GIMP trying to figure out how to combine 2 images, and I end up with a white background
racist!

Milchjon

Well, thank Tebow for the Hola Unblocker extension.

John Brenkus will probably get CTE from all the dumb hits he's taking.

Also, SCIENCE!!!

effzee

Ian Rappaport floated the idea of the Bills trading S Jairus Byrd to the Eagles. Makes sense, considering the Eagles' need at safety and the Chip Kelly connection. If Buffalo is willing, I'd consider that an absolute no-brainer for the Eagles.

Won't happen. Its just speculation and what could should work but I just know it won't happen. There is no truth to it from either team.

Would love the move of course. Would completely change the complexion of our secondary. Can't believe how pathetic we have been at signing and drafting Safeties since we just let Dawkins walk.

Man I am still so pissed that the Eagles traded the pick to Dallas that they used to get Lee. We basically traded him for Clay Harbor. smfh.

Thanks to Reid we can look back at 2-3 moves like that which really cost us.

Is Harbor on anyone's roster yet?

Jesus in 2 months i'll be here 6 years. Never been on a forum that long

I think its been 10 years for me at least. I remember posting here during the 3 straight trips to the NFCCG and losing. And having to deal with DM and Duce.

I turn 30 later this month. Damn I am old.

bionic77

Harbs calling out the Packers for their bad intentions to Kap.

Apparently Green Bay wants to hurt the opposing qb.

What say you sconis and Bay people?

As a Steelers fan I find it hilarious. There are a dozen attempted murders on the field every time the Steelers and Ravens play each other. And Harbs is asking the league to protect his qb because of some tough talk from the softest D in the league?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom