• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

DCX

DCX
Smokey said:
MLB over NBA?

wat

unless you mean watching in person. baseball on tv is about as boring as watching paint dry.

which is a bit strange being that MLB The Show is the best sports game/franchise out.
The Show is godly, but online? I'd be almost right to say it was worse than 2k online.

DCX

Smokey

Stop watching the Twolves or Nets play and watch a real team like the Rockets (not the Cavs etc that get all the pussy calls) and I'm sure you all would appreciate the NBA more!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
After Jordan, Bird, and the rest of the players from the heydays of the 80's/90's retired, the sport has been offly crummy.

LiveWire

BREAKING NEWS -- ESPN

reported by Adam Schefter

January 4th, 2010 -- In the early days of the GAF Madden offseason, there is now a purported trade deal in the works between the Washington Redskins and the Atlanta Falcons. Players and picks are reported to be involved.

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
BREAKING NEWS -- ESPN

January 4th, 2010 -- In the early days of the GAF Madden offseason, there is now a purported trade deal in the works between the Washington Redskins and the Atlanta Falcons. Players and picks are reported to be involved.
:lol This should be hilarious.

LukeSmith

LJ11 said:
I'm not sure how people still follow the NBA. Was a huge BBall fan in the '90s, you could actually play D, Stern changed all that. Watched one playoff game last season, I think there were over 40 free-throws in that game. Unwatchable.

Same. The NBA's golden age passed for me.

LukeSmith

LiveWire said:
BREAKING NEWS -- ESPN

yesssssssssssss :lol

Smokey

its like live is trying to mimic the real LOLskins as much as possible.

STABILITY IS NEEDED

CB3 said:
Oh god. This is gonna be like Isiah Thomas trading with himself

how did i miss this :lol

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Wow with 16,000+ posts this is the second biggest topic in the online forum.

Nice work partners.
If you add up our other seasons since WoW started, we'd take that crown! Also the side threads. :p

Lonestar

I'm pleased to say that this is my 700th post in the combined topics (this one and the trading block topic)

Can't wait to giggle viciously at this upcoming trade.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
:lol Oh God. Im not touching this trade. Ill let FMT go in on this. Especially since i dont seem to know whats fair game anymore in terms of trades.

Rorschach

CB3 said:
:lol Oh God. Im not touching this trade. Ill let FMT go in on this. Especially since i dont seem to know whats fair game anymore in terms of trades.
1. Wellie doesn't have Portis.
2. That trade already happened.

[edit] Oh you mean they sent it to you via pm? DISH DISH DISH!

[edit2] Let's all take guesses!

Lonestar

CB3 said:

dancing%20fat%20kid.gif

Lonestar

I was thinking Clinton Portis and Cooley as well. But perhaps throw in Santana Moss, for Roddy White and a 1st rounder and some other stupid thing that Livewire might want

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
We should tell FMT the details of the trade last. He'll Michael Scott it again like he did with me and Lonestar and blow the terms of the deal in the thread to everyone while its still in discussion.

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
I was thinking Clinton Portis and Cooley as well. But perhaps throw in Santana Moss, for Roddy White and a 1st rounder and some other stupid thing that Livewire might want
Three way trade.

Falcons give:
First rounder
Second rounder

Falcons get:
Portis

Washington gives:
Portis

Washington gets:
Campbell
Second rounder

Seattle gives:
Campbell

Seattle gets:
First

daw840

Rorschach said:
Three way trade.

Falcons give:
First rounder
Second rounder

Falcons get:
Portis

Washington gives:
Portis

Washington gets:
Campbell
Second rounder

Seattle gives:
Campbell

Seattle gets:
First

What?!?

I don't even.....

Doesn't LT already play for the Falcons in this league? Why....OH WHY....do you need another elite RB?

Rorschach

daw840 said:
What?!?

I don't even.....

Doesn't LT already play for the Falcons in this league? Why....OH WHY....do you need another elite RB?
LT is on the Texans now. Falcons want a downhill RB! And it doesn't have to make sense!

Smokey

I predict great things for LT in Htown. In my scrimmage against a particular league member LT put up an astonishing 126 yds and 3 TDs despite being a "bum"!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Smokey said:
I predict great things for LT in Htown. In my scrimmage against a particular league member LT put up an astonishing 126 yds and 3 TDs despite being a "bum"!
FYI this league member was not me. He'd have put up 200 yards and 5 TDs with me.

LDT will show up for all his games with Houston, returning to his TCU roots!

DCX

DCX
Smokey said:
Did i mention how good of a story teller Smokey is, ask he has tales about the Charlotte Bobcats, Micheal Redd, AI, and now LT :) Coming soon to a bookstore near you.

DCX

DCX

DCX
BigAT said:
Is that for real or a gag? I can't even tell at this point.
There is a trade in the works between the Redskins and Falcons, until it is approved no details will be provided.

DCX

LiveWire

UPDATE

ESPN's Chris Mortenson is now reporting the rumored deal between the Atlanta Falcons and the Washington Redskins involves mutiple round draft picks and several potential franchise players. Unconfirmed rumors allege that any player on the Falcons roster may be part of the trade, and on the Redskins side of the deal, one of their biggest name players is rumored to be involved.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
sableholic said:
At some point we should just take away trading privledges for certain people to protect them
Ouch. :lol

LiveWire said:
UPDATE

ESPN's Chris Mortenson is now reporting the rumored deal between the Atlanta Falcons involves mutiple round draft picks and several potential franchise players. Unconfirmed rumors allege that any player on the Falcons roster may be part of the trade, and on the Redskins side of the deal, one of their biggest name players is rumored to be involved.

OMG :lol

Smokey

I know I'm not one of the overlords in charge, but in the NBA2K leagues for a couple of seasons I had it where certain players could not be traded on teams. For example on the Rockets Yao and TMAC(at the time) could not be traded. On the Celtics it was Ray, KG, Pierce and on and on.

Maybe something like that could work just so people know who they can or cannot deal.

As much fun as you guys make of DC, viakado is forever the lulz of GMs. DCX makes smart rational moves. I believe in him.

you can dislike the nba all you want but i have no idea how people can justify saying college basketball is more fun to watch. same with college football too. what the hell is fun watching a ton of blowouts? the NBA and NFL have superior and more skilled athletes. i tried forever getting into the scene. my undergrad was a freaking basketball/football powerhouse (by the way lonestar I went to UT so FUCK YOU for this week! :D) and everytime i turned on the game it was some boring shit.

college basketball = pass the ball around on the perimeter, jack up a 3
college football can be fun but there's like a total of 1 or 2 entertaining games for teams all year.

daw840

Smokey said:
I know I'm not one of the overlords in charge, but in the NBA2K leagues for a couple of seasons I had it where certain players could not be traded on teams. For example on the Rockets Yao and TMAC(at the time) could not be traded. On the Celtics it was Ray, KG, Pierce and on and on.

Maybe something like that could work just so people know who they can or cannot deal.

As much fun as you guys make of DC, viakado is forever the lulz of GMs. DCX makes smart rational moves. I believe in him.

LOL. Didn't I trade you Pierce last year?

DCX

DCX
Smokey said:
That was not a bad trade, nor was it lopsided.

HOW MANY TIMES MUST I SAY THIS?!?!?!!?
I didn't say that, nor do i believe it was a fucked up trade. To bring up a non trade rule after this trade was made, that's the lolz cause u have him :)

DCX

Top Bottom