• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

Nightz

Title update #4

First off, we have been aware of a roster de-sync issue that resulted in more disconnects during some online games - primarily affecting Online Franchise and Madden Ultimate Team games. Rest assured we have a fix slated for this upcoming title update, and more details are explained below.

Ultimate Team ‘Rivals Pack'
The biggest delivery for this update is a set of features built around Madden Ultimate Team, and this signifies a few months of development work as we couldn't squeeze these features in by the ship date. The "Rivals Pack" delivers three new features for Ultimate Team, allowing you to make new rivals in Tournaments, face off against old rivals in Play vs. Friends, and renew some rivalries with Refer a Friend.

New Feature #1: Tournaments
You guys have asked for Tournaments in Ultimate Team for a while now, and we're happy to say that they will be available in the next title update. Here are some details about this brand new feature:
1. Each tournament has entrance criteria which can range from specific players to minimum team skill or chemistry.
2. Once you enter the tournament, you'll be matched up against another tournament player and battle it out. The owner who wins the game will move on to the next round while the loser has to start the tournament over.
3. You win coins every time you advance and if you advance to the last round and win, you'll earn even more coins and you might even win a rare player.
4. Tournaments, like Collections, are dynamic and new tournaments can (and will) be added throughout the season.
5. We're also planning on having special promotional tournaments where we release an insert for the weekend and those that find that insert can enter a special tournament.

New Feature #2: Play With Friends
Another feature the community has asked for is the ability to play against your friends in Ultimate Team, and that will finally be available in Title Update #4. You can challenge your friends anytime they are online and play a game of MUT.

New Feature #3: Refer a Friend
One of our favorite new features is Refer a Friend. If you have buddies that play Madden, but they haven't joined Ultimate Team, you can earn coins for getting them to join up. A brand new screen has been added that allows you to keep track of your invites and your rewards from the friends that have accepted the referral.

Uniform Updates

Here's a list of uniform updates that will be rolled out when Title Update #4 releases:
• Added alternate tops for the 3 Vikings jerseys featuring the 50th anniversary patch being worn this season.
• Added the current Redskins Home and Away uniforms. In addition the socks issues are fixed.
• Added the current Chargers powder blue uniform.
• Added a uniform top for the Saints including the Super Bowl Champions patch as seen in their home opener.

Content Updates
Here's a list of some of the other changes we've made to Madden NFL 11 that will be rolled out when Title Update #4 releases:
• Fixed a couple of random Madden Moments stability issues.
• Fixed the user's ability to view play art manually if the opponent on defense holds LT/L2 pre-snap.
• Fixed an exploit where the user could audible when coming out in the Bronco Heavy formation with a HB or WR at QB.
• Fixed an exploit where after pressing the square/X button on defense a user is able to hold down on the L-stick which allows the defender to release off the LOS and go after the QB as soon as the ball is hiked.
• Fixed a hanging issue with onside kicks in Madden Moments Live and offline Madden Moments.
• Fixed an issue causing a high percentage of disconnects in Online Franchise, Madden Ultimate Team, and other online head-to-head games

Well, that's it for the update on Title Update #4. Expect it to arrive at the end of this month or the first week of November with all the features and improvements you see listed above. If you have any questions or comments feel free to hop over to the EA Forums to discuss.
- Madden Team
http://maddennfl.easports.com/blog.action?blogId=titleupdate4

Nightz said:
Title update #4

• Fixed the user's ability to view play art manually if the opponent on defense holds LT/L2 pre-snap.
• Fixed an exploit where the user could audible when coming out in the Bronco Heavy formation with a HB or WR at QB.
• Fixed an exploit where after pressing the square/X button on defense a user is able to hold down on the L-stick which allows the defender to release off the LOS and go after the QB as soon as the ball is hiked.
http://maddennfl.easports.com/blog.action?blogId=titleupdate4

I hope nobody here was using those exploits

good to finally know what the hell was causing me not to be able to see my play art sometimes on offense... that shit was frustrating.

also good to see they are fixing some of the disconnect issues.

sableholic said:

good to finally know what the hell was causing me not to be able to see my play art sometimes on offense... that shit was frustrating.

Can you go now or do you want to shoot for later, after 10:30 est?

storybook77 said:
Can you go now or do you want to shoot for later, after 10:30 est?

Can't go till later (after 10:30) if i can tonight at all. If it would be better i'll be available tomm to start a game from like 4:30-6:30 as well as probably later in the night.

Rorschach

sableholic said:

Didn't know about any of those, but the L2 thing was known. BigAT and I tested it and told the everyone how to fix it. Wish people payed attention. :( I'll be glad when I can use it again so my player doesn't travel where I don't want him to.

sableholic said:
Can't go till later (after 10:30) if i can tonight at all. If it would be better i'll be available tomm to start a game from like 4:30-6:30 as well as probably later in the night.
That'll work, cya tomorrow.

DCX

DCX
daw840 said:
So, I just realized that my #1 HB, MLB, and DT are out for the rest of the season.......real sim
I'm out with my starting OLB Weatherspoon and now DE Abraham :/ Good time to get those young guys some reps and progress them :(

DCX

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
daw840 said:
So, I just realized that my #1 HB, MLB, and DT are out for the rest of the season.......real sim
You're lucky we disconnected then because your #1 CB got a broken collarbone in our game. :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Wellington said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol

I can't stop laughing. The commentary is classic. :lol :lol :lol
"Earlier dude, this nigga broke his fucking leg, how he running with a broken leg." "

"I gotta do this shit, for Madden!":lol!!

BigAT

"FUCK YOU GUMBY!"

My favorite aspect of it is that he says it's the final play of the game, goes into all this detail and grandiose description about what you assume is a game changing touchdown that occurs as time expires. Final score? 49-20

Miguel

gumby_blockhead.jpg

eznark

Banned
AstroLad said:

All of your "poor me, poor lawyers, boo hoo" threads in the OT now ring hollow somehow. This whole time we could have been laughing at the poors together! Think of all the time we wasted!

PBY

Banned
eznark said:
All of your "poor me, poor lawyers, boo hoo" threads in the OT now ring hollow somehow. This whole time we could have been laughing at the poors together! Think of all the time we wasted!
this is honestly all i think about when i think of lawyers
S501G3.png

Birdman02

I'm drawing a blank on who the Seahawks owner is, but I'm around now if you're still awake.

I'm gonna post the same in the 2k11 thread, so I'll play whoever answers 1st (if anyone).

CB3 said:
League should be put on hold till the patch hits

Gawd, I can't seem to agree with this more. I may be done with he league until that patch. Somnia and I had a great game going. One of the best i have ever been a part of. I was really enjoying it, but nooooooo. Had to disconnect.

PUT THE LEAGUE ON HOLD K THNX BYE

Mrbob

Me and Eznark having connection issues. Game is going smooth but then it disconnects in the first quarter. Happened two straight games Tiburon U R BEST.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Mrbob said:
Me and Eznark having connection issues. Game is going smooth but then it disconnects in the first quarter. Happened two straight games Tiburon U R BEST.
This seems to have happened in every game that people tried yesterday, including ours. Maybe we really do need to wait a week or two for the patch. Bad connection is one thing, but getting to play a perfectly good game and then having it reliably disconnect at some unpredictable time is even worse.

eznark

Banned
AstroLad said:
This seems to have happened in every game that people tried yesterday, including ours. Maybe we really do need to wait a week or two for the patch. Bad connection is one thing, but getting to play a perfectly good game and then having it reliably disconnect at some unpredictable time is even worse.

I'm down for waiting a week because if this happens again I will probably sell the fucking game.

Top Bottom