• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

storybook77 said:
A lot more satisfying than playing this shit game. Madden 10 was so much better. NCAA 11 shits on them both.

wait, what?

everything about madden 11 is better.... except the online franchise interface, which is the same. defense is better, running game is better. i guess the disconnects are one thing that is better about madden 10 :/

daw840

FrenchMovieTheme said:
wait, what?

everything about madden 11 is better.... except the online franchise interface, which is the same. defense is better, running game is better. i guess the disconnects are one thing that is better about madden 10 :/

I sort of disagree. I think they improved things, and really downgraded some shit. It's almost a complete wash in my mind. Running without a turbo button really throws me off, but it seems man coverage has been fixed which is a big plus in my book.

daw840 said:
I sort of disagree. I think they improved things, and really downgraded some shit. It's almost a complete wash in my mind. Running without a turbo button really throws me off, but it seems man coverage has been fixed which is a big plus in my book.

you can turn manual turbo on in your online options (i thought).

man coverage is better and pass rush is better. my only complaints in the run game are the FB/pulling lineman don't get all the way through the hole and sometimes just stop :/

daw840

FrenchMovieTheme said:
you can turn manual turbo on in your online options (i thought).

man coverage is better and pass rush is better. my only complaints in the run game are the FB/pulling lineman don't get all the way through the hole and sometimes just stop :/

Wait.....fucking really?!?

GCQuinton

FrenchMovieTheme said:
wait, what?

It's on par with NCAA '11 with me gameplay-wise thanks to Locomotion, but aside from that all of the other features in the game either didn't change (on and offline franchises, superstar mode, etc.) or were actually made worse (commentary, game sounds in general, Gameflow). Ignoring all of that just because they finally got the gameplay down five years into this gen's life cycle is just rationalizing to me. Especially compared to NCAA, NHL, and FIFA.

Then again, I continue to buy it too so I guess I'm part of the problem. :lol I haven't made any decisions, but I'm on the fence after this season's done, too.

BigAT

Am I only one that can't stand the new, limited playbooks? It feels like offensive playcalling has been completely neutered. There's like 8-12 plays that have very slight variations to fit in each formation.

TheCrow

No you're not the only one. My entire offensive game was taken away from me. In Madden 10 I ran about 80% of my offense out of I-formation but in Madden 11 there simply aren't enough plays for me to run that kind of offense. Let alone a single I-form variant that allows me to have 3 WRs on the field.

McNei1y

TheCrow said:
Yeah, I have manual turbo on. Unfortunately, it took me 12 games until I could actually have a good running game.

I think I may have to turn it on. I always hold it down but I never think it would do anything. It does seem like an added juke to slow and speed up whenever.

yeah the playbook thing is terrible. they gutted at least 1/4th of my playbook from last year, and i would say 25% of the plays that are there are variations of other plays. so i'm working with basically half of the playbook from last year and i have no i-form formation with 2 wr's on a side. just baffling why they did this.

so i guess in some respects the game is worse than last year :(

FrenchMovieTheme said:
yeah the playbook thing is terrible. they gutted at least 1/4th of my playbook from last year, and i would say 25% of the plays that are there are variations of other plays. so i'm working with basically half of the playbook from last year and i have no i-form formation with 2 wr's on a side. just baffling why they did this.

so i guess in some respects the game is worse than last year :(

My main complaint is that All-Pro has always been the difficulty to play at, AI doesn't cheat, ratings aren't bumped up, etc.... but this year All-Pro is just easy and All-Madden is just ridiculous if you don't have stick skills on defense. At least year, if you made the proper calls on defense you could somewhat rely on your defenders to make a stop.

This year's game fixed some stuff but broke some too (pursuit angles are worse than before on occasion).

the shitty thing is that i think 70-80% of the problems with the game could feasibly be fixed if they gave us full sliders. but i guess that's impossible.

crazy how much more control you have in ncaa..... setting your tendencies in game, recruiting, sliders, everything

DMczaf

Josh Freeman QB TB Increase, from 82 to 83OVR
Tampa Bay Bucs TEAM TB Increase, from 75 to 79OVR
Mike Williams WR TB Increase, from 78 to 82OVR

I quit if we don't restart.

DMczaf said:
Josh Freeman QB TB Increase, from 82 to 83OVR
Tampa Bay Bucs TEAM TB Increase, from 75 to 79OVR
Mike Williams WR TB Increase, from 78 to 82OVR

I quit if we don't restart.

lets not get crazy here! crazy with the offensive line reductions....

btw, i dont feel like making a thread about this but does anyone know who the chick from the FX fully baked commercials is? the chick with all the tats? i'm watching dvr of its always sunny and was thinking that i would like to put my face into her vag

PBY

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:

btw, i dont feel like making a thread about this but does anyone know who the chick from the FX fully baked commercials is? the chick with all the tats? i'm watching dvr of its always sunny and was thinking that i would like to put my face into her vag
u mad drunk?

birdman, sorry bro, been a crazy weekend- i can play all of tom if thats cool

TheCrow

FrenchMovieTheme said:
no, what did they say? "Next year guys! srsly!"
Quick Summary:

• They know they are limited by 55 player rosters, hard to add to it because of memory limits and development budget.
  • Sliders are the answer for gameplay complaints. Also looking to add NCAA 2011 tuner set into Madden 2012.
  • Title updates take around 2 months to go through QA and certification.
  • For Madden 12 they are looking into new player attributes.
  • Ian is spending the majority of his time working on powerpoints and prototypes.
  • Looking to cater to the hardcore with Madden 12. Not going to ignore core game modes and plan to update all of the game modes.
  • Spent majority of Madden 2011 development time(about a year) on Online Team Play and the online framework.
  • They mention adding real time physics in Madden 12, will talk more about it on the next podcast.
  • They also said that playing online on all madden is "torture".

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:

:lol :lol :lol

so basically we should've waited for Madden 12. Nice.

BigAT

Wellington said:
Big AT, I think I play you next and I assume our schedule for Sunday will be the same (Can't play during Giants game). If you want to play Sunday I'm down.
I'm almost always up rather early, so if you want to play before the game that would be fine with me.

eznark

Banned
TheCrow said:
Quick Summary:

• They know they are limited by 55 player rosters, hard to add to it because of memory limits and development budget.
  • Sliders are the answer for gameplay complaints. Also looking to add NCAA 2011 tuner set into Madden 2012.
  • Ian is spending the majority of his time working on powerpoints and prototypes.
  • Looking to cater to the hardcore with Madden 12. Not going to ignore core game modes and plan to update all of the game modes.
  • Spent majority of Madden 2011 development time(about a year) on Online Team Play and the online framework.
  • They mention adding real time physics in Madden 12, will talk more about it on the next podcast.
  • They also said that playing online on all madden is "torture".

I was watching NFLN this morning and saw a commercial for NCAA 11. Made me so pissed off that I chose Madden over that.

These assholes sound like Reggie FrenchName "no guys serious, we're totally catering to the hard core, check it out...Kid Icarus!" Get fucked.

Next year my ass is in the NCAA league.

Birdman02

peterb0y said:
u mad drunk?

birdman, sorry bro, been a crazy weekend- i can play all of tom if thats cool

Well, my availability isn't great today. If we start in the next 20 minutes today I can play. I'm gonna be gone most of the afternoon and tonight, but I might be able to play sometime between 3-5...that's only if we need to come home for my son to take a nap. We might have to wait until tomorrow.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BigAT said:
I'm almost always up rather early, so if you want to play before the game that would be fine with me.
Alright sounds good. I'll just go to the gym early end we can play before the Giants game, prob during the early games if thats ok.

CB what time is good for you today? I have to leave my house at around 6:30 ET.

PBY

Banned
Birdman02 said:
Well, my availability isn't great today. If we start in the next 20 minutes today I can play. I'm gonna be gone most of the afternoon and tonight, but I might be able to play sometime between 3-5...that's only if we need to come home for my son to take a nap. We might have to wait until tomorrow.
no worries, im in no rush to play

TheCrow said:
Quick Summary:

[*]Sliders are the answer for gameplay complaints. Also looking to add NCAA 2011 tuner set into Madden 2012.

[*]Spent majority of Madden 2011 development time(about a year) on Online Team Play and the online framework.

[*]They also said that playing online on all madden is "torture".

First bold....no shit, should have given us those options this year!

Second....ugh, spent all your time on some game mode that most of the people who buy this game are just going to forget about after a couple of weeks.

Third....this is exactly how I feel. Unless you've got great stick skills on defense then you're fucked no matter how good of a game you call play wise.

TheCrow

eznark said:
Next year my ass is in the NCAA league.
We might have to start a thrid NCAA league. As much love that NCAA gets I just don't have fun playing the cpu 7 or 8 times a season. I was in the first and second NCAA online dynasties and it was great when I played against other league members but that usually happened in the first 5 weeks. After that it was cpu game after cpu game. If they can ever figure out how to get more than 12 people in a online dynasty we might have a true replacement for Madden.

TheCrow said:
We might have to start a thrid NCAA league. As much love that NCAA gets I just don't have fun playing the cpu 7 or 8 times a season. I was in the first and second NCAA online dynasties and it was great when I played against other league members but that usually happened in the first 5 weeks. After that it was cpu game after cpu game. If they can ever figure out how to get more than 12 people in a online dynasty we might have a true replacement for Madden.

i really only have a few real problems with ncaa (we are in the middle of season 4):

1. i can really only edit human vs. human games during non-conference weeks. well, not everyones non-conference weeks are the same. so most of the human games come in the first 5 weeks. a few in the last couple weeks of the year.

2. i realize that we could've done a custom conference and put EVERYONE in the same conference for a couple more human games, but we would still have 4-5 CPU games per year AND in this scenario its almost a guarantee that no human opponent would go to the national title game. and even if a human player made it, they would be playing the CPU in the national title game.

3. i wish there were more defensive plays. as it is now, you have 5 defensive playbooks which are all very similar. there are a lot of missing plays from madden. you can still put together a good defensive gameplay but some of the deep zone plays are missing and a lot of the zone blitzes i like in madden are missing

4. of course, the 12 player limit.

if they could give us a 25 player limit (makes sense!), that would fix some of the issues. the sliders work VERY well and the game has a great atmosphere because of the rankings, heisman race, etc etc.

i think madden would be much better if they had the same setup: full online franchise with off-season stuff, training camp to boost ratings, players of the year, AFC/NFC probowl game played by the AFC/NFC championship game loser. better stat tracking is also something i would like to see in madden. stat tracking has been the same for fucking 10 years. what if i want to know what my opponents qb rating is against me? or how well i run off tackle left vs. right? or how many completions one of my cb's has given up?

EA says it's a memory limitation but are you telling me that xbox 360/ps3 have the same memory as the ps2/xbox? because the stats and the 55 man roster limit were identical.

eznark

Banned
TheCrow said:

Oh wow, I didn't know there was a player limit. That's pretty lame.

Birdman02

DCX said:
Bird, could you play tonight after the advance?

DCX

I'm not sure...supposed to go out with the wife tonight, but she's been sick all day. I can play if she decides to go to bed early, but I won't know that until then.

DCX

DCX
Birdman02 said:
I'm not sure...supposed to go out with the wife tonight, but she's been sick all day. I can play if she decides to go to bed early, but I won't know that until then.
I'll be up all night so it won't be an issue. Just let me know.

DCX

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
We'll get our revenge when Madden 12 overrates our teams at the start!
:( That never happens. Like how Gallery was rated in the high 80s by the end of last season, but I guess Donny forgot and rated him low to start the season.

I think Freeman will be rated pretty high, though. Williams too. :\

What I really hate, though, are the legacy ratings. For example, Merriman is a beast even though he hasn't done shit ever since he got caught for roids.

Rorschach said:
:( That never happens. Like how Gallery was rated in the high 80s by the end of last season, but I guess Donny forgot and rated him low to start the season.

I think Freeman will be rated pretty high, though. Williams too. :\

What I really hate, though, are the legacy ratings. For example, Merriman is a beast even though he hasn't done shit ever since he got caught for roids.

brian westbrook too. he's pretty ridiculous in this game.

DMczaf

They also played a Gus Johnson outtake where he asked "How did Hammonds do this? Was he excited?" and they all laugh.

Top Bottom