• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

eznark

Banned
I watch the matches I can but I'm not willing to drop money, sadly. I'm hoping in the next month I can get back to playing SC, then I will probably pony up the cash.

BigAT

eznark said:
I watch the matches I can but I'm not willing to drop money, sadly. I'm hoping in the next month I can get back to playing SC, then I will probably pony up the cash.
I split it with a couple of my roommates, so it was only $5 each, which is definitely worth it for me.

I recently hit Platinum in 1v1, pretty pumped about that.

TheCrow

BigAT said:
Nice, I didn't think anyone here would be watching GSL. I caught the tail end of season 2, from ro8 to the finals, and now I'm all-in for season 3.
I don't know why I'm so interested in pro Starcraft 2 and Street Fighter. I don't even own the games. It's probably just all the hype and meta-game tactics that keep each matchup interesting.

Edit: The only thing I don't care for is the whole foreigner vs Korean angle. I just want to see the best players play.

McNei1y

Shit, well my lens/dvd drive seems to have finally crapped out. I knew this was going to happen but a bottle of compressed air and constant blowing has been keeping it alive for the past 6-7 months. Now, its not working. It HAD to be an error other than RROD (which I have had happen to 3 other xbox's BEFORE they would fix it for free..)

I don't understand. When I got this xbox, I have always taken the games out of the tray and placed them in their box when I was done with the xbox yet this shit still happens. Fucking unbelievable. Anyone know what I can do? Is there a way I can make my xbox red ring so I can get a refurbished one? I just bought this alittle over a year ago. I don't want to waste more money on a fucking xbox.

Rorschach

McNei1y said:
Shit, well my lens/dvd drive seems to have finally crapped out. I knew this was going to happen but a bottle of compressed air and constant blowing has been keeping it alive for the past 6-7 months. Now, its not working. It HAD to be an error other than RROD (which I have had happen to 3 other xbox's BEFORE they would fix it for free..)

I don't understand. When I got this xbox, I have always taken the games out of the tray and placed them in their box when I was done with the xbox yet this shit still happens. Fucking unbelievable. Anyone know what I can do? Is there a way I can make my xbox red ring so I can get a refurbished one? I just bought this alittle over a year ago. I don't want to waste more money on a fucking xbox.
Have you called? Sometimes, they don't even ask for a receipt. Just the console number. Then, they start the "servicing period" from the day you call.

And, yeah, I heard that you can red ring it to get them to fix it. Never had experience with that, though.

I had a bunch of Xboxen and they crapped out no matter how you treated them. It's just shitty hardware.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
sorry bro's, had to work today!

i'll head on to advance
When are you getting home?

Rorschach

GG. I'm gonna go burn my copy of Madden.

DCX said:
Dude...you're like the Peyton Manning of GAF.

DCX
I have more Golden Eeyores than he has rings.

Plus, Peyton Manning is the Peyton Manning of the league and he usually loses to me.
lvEyC.gif

I hate you, Luke!

BigAT

GG FMT. Poor read by me on that pick at the end, I had someone open as a hot read and just went to the wrong guy. Post that Ted Ginn highlight, it's the most accurate thing I've seen in Madden.

Don't know why my players were suddenly made of glass that game, two key starters on defense carted off out of nowhere.

wow, what a game i just played against bigAT. our games always seem to come down to the wire.

it went back and forth, a real defensive struggle in the 2nd half until late in the 4th. he was up 16-10, i got a big run by gore to get into the redzone and then got the td pass to walker, 17-16. he drives down the field and gets a td on 3rd down, but misses the 2 pt conversion. 22-17. first play of my next drive big play to gore for the 78 yard TD. then bigat gets the ball back and drives to midfield. he is running the clock because he's down 1, i have 2 timeouts left, and he basically needs 10 more yards for fg range. i knew i had to try something so i blitzed a bunch of people. i figured either he gets a TD off it and i still have 1:20-ish and 2 timeouts or i would cause a turnover. well, a turnover is what happened. rors boy taylor mays with the pick.

then i ran it down and basically ran the clock out (although he did get the ball back down 4 at his own 40 with about 14 seconds left). i think we both had instances that we missed out on opportunities. i missed 2 gimme TD throws to ginn deep (one he was open by 10 yards and it bobbled off his hands.... AND THE GAME DID NOT CREDIT HIM WITH A DROP!). another time i had frank gore open out of the backfield and alex smith airmails it to fucking nowheresville. i wish i had a qb who was more consistent. alex had a pretty good game but i made a couple awful decisions for picks. a few other times he's just not accurate and the ball doesn't get there.

anyways, gg bigat. if you would've committed to the run more i might have called a different game! as it was, i was in nickle/dime almost the entire game. the few times i sprinkled standard sets in i got burned -_-

BigAT said:
GG FMT. Poor read by me on that pick at the end, I had someone open as a hot read and just went to the wrong guy. Post that Ted Ginn highlight, it's the most accurate thing I've seen in Madden.

Don't know why my players were suddenly made of glass that game, two key starters on defense carted off out of nowhere.

for some reason its like gore transfers his injury disease to others. ive seen it countless times this season: someone crushes gore, and they get carted off. gore is fine. he has not missed a snap all year due to injury :lol

p.s. crow can you play in about an hour or so? i need to eat dinner and also calm down from that barn burner i just played

BigAT

FrenchMovieTheme said:
anyways, gg bigat. if you would've committed to the run more i might have called a different game! as it was, i was in nickle/dime almost the entire game. the few times i sprinkled standard sets in i got burned -_-
I don't know that it would have made a difference in the outcome. I averaged an atrocious 2.6 YPC for the game as is, and that's with the run coming as a surprise for the most part. Between Warpin' Willis, your crazy high rated D-linemen (even Sopoaga played like a beast), and my sub-80 rated offensive line, it's not a recipe for success.

There was a 3rd and 2 late in the game where I had a gaping hole that I thought I was going to get through with ease. It somehow closed up immediately and Grant got popped in the face and didn't even manage to fall forward. I had to settle for a field goal and it suddenly became a hugely different game.

BigAT said:
I don't know that it would have made a difference in the outcome. I averaged an atrocious 2.6 YPC for the game as is, and that's with the run coming as a surprise for the most part. Between Warpin' Willis, your crazy high rated D-linemen (even Sopoaga played like a beast), and my sub-80 rated offensive line, it's not a recipe for success.

There was a 3rd and 2 late in the game where I had a gaping hole that I thought I was going to get through with ease. It somehow closed up immediately and Grant got popped in the face and didn't even manage to fall forward. I had to settle for a field goal and it suddenly became a hugely different game.

funnily enough, willis had no tackles in our first meeting this season. i couldn't believe it myself but that's what the stats say! :lol

but that 3rd and 2 you did get screwed, looks like an invisible wall just stopped his momentum.

crow and i will be playing shortly, just finishing dinner. i wonder if we could do the draft wednesday.... what say you, remaining members?

BigAT

FrenchMovieTheme said:
funnily enough, willis had no tackles in our first meeting this season. i couldn't believe it myself but that's what the stats say! :lol

but that 3rd and 2 you did get screwed, looks like an invisible wall just stopped his momentum.

crow and i will be playing shortly, just finishing dinner. i wonder if we could do the draft wednesday.... what say you, remaining members?
Probably because I try to keep the ball as far away from him as possible due to him averaging 15.5 tackles per game in our games prior to that one. He fucking ran down my wide receiver who had 10 yards of separation on him!

Wednesday = night before Thanksgiving = most popular night of the year to go out. Am I wrong here?

DCX

DCX
BigAT said:
Probably because I try to keep the ball as far away from him as possible due to him averaging 15.5 tackles per game in our games prior to that one. He fucking ran down my wide receiver who had 10 yards of separation on him!

Wednesday = night before Thanksgiving = most popular night of the year to go out. Am I wrong here?
Yes you are wrong. New Year's Eve.

DCX

BigAT said:

:lol

that was awesome.... your WR breaks away and willis comes out of nowhere to run him down. to willis' credit, he actually did this in real life against the cards in overtime a couple years ago. niners fans know what i'm talking about!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3JTXupThgQ

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BigAT said:

You are right.

Rorschach

Oh shit did you advance to the off-season?

LET'S CHECK OUT THE DRAFT!

[edit] Guess not. Game didn't get counted. I'll go do something else!

gg crow, but why did you quit before it could register? now i'm going to have to play the cpu since the game didn't record -_-

it was a pretty crazy game. crow had a 9 point lead heading into the 4th. alex smith had been inconsistent as always. missed a gimme throw to a wide open gore on the first possession causing a fg, missed a wide open gore near the end of the half and instead found elvis dummervill who came out of fucking NOWHERE for the taint. he made some good throws though, and in the 4th quarter a lot of good throws. admittedly i was running the hurry up most of the 4th because of the large defecit. to make things worse, ginn got hurt early... which killed my return game and ginn is usually good for a roll-of-the-dice deep bomb (he drops it half the time though).

so i scored to cut the lead to 5 points with about 5 mins left. then on 3rd and 13 tebow unleashes a fucking RAINBOW about 50 yard down the field IN THE AIR while being hit by 2 guys for a TD. broncos miss the 2 pointer, up 12 with about 4:40 or so left. i do a 2 minute drive for a td to cut it to 5 again.

crow with the ball, 3 minutes left but i have 3 timeouts left. runs it once, timeout. passes for a first down, but my guy gets hurt so free timeout with about 2:50 left. runs once, timeout. runs again, i decide NOT to take a timeout. why? because the playclock is lower than the game clock. I REPEAT THE PLAYCLOCK IS LOWER THAN THE GAMECLOCK. which means he HAS to run 1 more play before the 2 minute warning.

so he calls his play with about 2:09 on the clock and what happens? It fucking accelerates to the 2 minute warning. wait, what the FUCK? are you kidding me EA? so those extra 6 seconds off the gameclock disappear into thin air! no play needs to be run! so i fucked up there (or EA did). on 3rd down he runs and i stop him. i get the ball back at my own 17, work the sidelines a bit, and then on 2nd and 10 from about crows 40 alex smith unleashes a great throw into the corner of the endzone. crabtree vs. the safety, and crabcakes goes up and gets it. TD + 2 point conversion i'm up 3 with a minute left and crow all 3 timeouts. he drives down the field but throws an int, then i just ran the clock out.

it was a pretty intense game, much like the nfc championship game. too bad the stats/etc didn't save, would've liked some of those replays. good season bros, hopefully season 2 goes over more smoothly!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i could be convinced....

you want gore to have 2000 yards!?
I'll chew up so much clock!

I dunno.. makes comebacks much more likely, but it does extend blowouts... you guys decide! All I know is the play count is really low.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
so this is the point in the annual madden thread when we discuss changes i was arguing for before the season started and no one listened. I love this time of the year

Top Bottom