• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

DMczaf

We need to Game Night a REAL Marvel game

xmen_2.jpg

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
i can beat FMT on a consistant basis now. Bad sign for things to come for him in MvC3

TheCrow

BigAT said:
Anyone have decent recommendations on a cheap stick? I'm thinking I might just invest in the Tournament Edition, but I'm not sure I want to spend that much for essentially just a single game.
I'm a bit late but I would suggest you go with a standard SF4 Madcatz stick. I picked one up for Super. If you do get serous with fighting games it's easy to replace the buttons and stick with Seimitsus.

TheCrow

Just checked on Amazon and I forgot it retailed for $80. I picked mine up for around half of that. At that price I thought it was a pretty good deal, but then again it was my first fightstick so I don't have anything to compare it to.

DMczaf said:
I can play after Raw

I watched the Brett Hart documentary on netflix yesterday, and it brought back memories man. What happened to the whole attitude era? Why do wrestling story lines suck these days? Is it because freddie prinze jr. is writing them? Can you explain these travesties to me DM? and while you are at it, why the fuck is a former real world cast member one of the champions? does vince not give a fuck anymore?

Rorschach said:
Paid you back for the iceman cheese with some Sentinel! It's easy because the controller sucks. Admit it!

lol

its true! sentinel doesn't require any complicated inputs. you can use him with the controller pretty easily.

i am using the tekken fight stick and while it is highly superior to the controller it's still not perfect.

i also can't get used to having the arcade stick in my lap and if i put it on the coffee table it moves around everywhere. i need to build some type of case to hold it in so i can emulate a real arcade!

p.s. what is going on with the afc title game?

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol

its true! sentinel doesn't require any complicated inputs. you can use him with the controller pretty easily.

i am using the tekken fight stick and while it is highly superior to the controller it's still not perfect.

i also can't get used to having the arcade stick in my lap and if i put it on the coffee table it moves around everywhere. i need to build some type of case to hold it in so i can emulate a real arcade!

p.s. what is going on with the afc title game?
We're playing it soon.

And yeah, the main thing about those flimsy plastic sticks is that the movement will mess up your input. Does it not have rubber stoppers at least? The regular hori sticks usually have metal plates underneath. :\

Rorschach said:
We're playing it soon.

And yeah, the main thing about those flimsy plastic sticks is that the movement will mess up your input. Does it not have rubber stoppers at least? The regular hori sticks usually have metal plates underneath. :\

it has the rubber stoppers but they don't work very well on the coffee table i have or they aren't good rubber stoppers.

i'm able to execute 90% of all the moves/combos i want to do, which is more than i can say for a regular controller :D

i'm curious to try out modok and some of the other oddballs in mvc3 though. some of the characters look pretty interesting. i had dante has like 40 "special" moves lol....

if the superbowl gets done in time i can have the order placed with amazon for release day delivery (only .99 cents extra!). so hurry up!

BigAT

AFC Winner: No Super Bowl tonight for me unfortunately. I got sick yesterday and I'm calling it an early night tonight.

I'll be around the entirety of tomorrow though.

Rorschach

GG McNei1y. I got a bunch of lucky breaks to start the game. That Frisch run was crazy.

BigAT said:
AFC Winner: No Super Bowl tonight for me unfortunately. I got sick yesterday and I'm calling it an early night tonight.

I'll be around the entirety of tomorrow though.
:( Feel better.

I'll be around most of tomorrow.

McNei1y

Rorschach said:
GG McNei1y. I got a bunch of lucky breaks to start the game. That Frisch run was crazy.

Yeah for real. I almost threw my controller at the wall. Everything else was you dominating me but that play I just couldn't believe. An off balanced throw with a scoop, two broken tackles and then a sweep around move to the outside for a TD.

Definitely didn't have it tonight though. Your pass defense is crazy good :p

So I'm guessing the league is done after this year? I mean I'll go another but there is only 13 of us. I really like my team haha.

well of course the interest level in mvc3 isn't going to be the same in 6 months as it will be release week, but i feel confident in saying we have played mvc2 a decent amount. it is sometimes hard to find people because you have guys like dm who just get the shit kicked out of the thoroughly and repeatedly then they dont want to play

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
well of course the interest level in mvc3 isn't going to be the same in 6 months as it will be release week, but i feel confident in saying we have played mvc2 a decent amount. it is sometimes hard to find people because you have guys like dm who just get the shit kicked out of the thoroughly and repeatedly then they dont want to play

Atleast he never lost to Pheeknicks

Rorschach

I'm not talking about 6 months out. I'm talking about 1 week out.

McNei1y said:
Yeah for real. I almost threw my controller at the wall. Everything else was you dominating me but that play I just couldn't believe. An off balanced throw with a scoop, two broken tackles and then a sweep around move to the outside for a TD.

Definitely didn't have it tonight though. Your pass defense is crazy good :p
Yeah, he had never done that before. I didn't even want him in, but my other guys were tired. haha

So I'm guessing the league is done after this year? I mean I'll go another but there is only 13 of us. I really like my team haha.
It's funny because I was starting most of my guys with the thought that I had to (for progression). :( All those 65 rated OL games for nothing!

I think the league is probably done. When you see DM and FMT hanging up the e-cleats, it's pretty much over. :( I wish they had the option of making smaller leagues and rearranging the divisions like we used to do back in the leaguedaddy days when we were shorthanded.

It's unfortunate that we haven't had a real hardcore league since the PS3 league season 1. I blame PSN.

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
or to you.

losing to you and phoenix are my two greatest embarrassments in videogame history. i have to live with that everyday :(

i beat you everytime we play now. suck that down. ive only been playing this game since it came out on 360. you've had a 10 year head start. im just catching up

Rorschach said:
I'm not talking about 6 months out. I'm talking about 1 week out.

Yeah, he had never done that before. I didn't even want him in, but my other guys were tired. haha

It's funny because I was starting most of my guys with the thought that I had to (for progression). :( All those 65 rated OL games for nothing!

I think the league is probably done. When you see DM and FMT hanging up the e-cleats, it's pretty much over. :( I wish they had the option of making smaller leagues and rearranging the divisions like we used to do back in the leaguedaddy days when we were shorthanded.

It's unfortunate that we haven't had a real hardcore league since the PS3 league season 1. I blame PSN.

part of the problem is we played 5 full seasons of madden '10 which lasted through april and then madden '11 comes out.... and is almost identical. overall it is a better game on the field but it's not much different and they added nothing to online franchise at all. this is why i think we saw a bunch of drops.

they need to give us full online franchise with scouting hours for incoming rookies and so on. this is part of what keeps NCAA fresh is that even when you aren't playing on the field there are other things to do.

some ideas to improve interest in online franchise: afforementioned scouting of rookies, practice mode with the ability to slightly raise certain aspects of a players rating, GM duties and micomanaging ticket sales, food sales, etc. like the old madden franchise modes, salary cap, player morale (i.e. if you piss a guy off enough he may demand a trade), full options for sliders, an option to set progressions to conservative/normal/high or possibly weighting a seasons stats (for instance, you take a 70 rated RB and score 20 TD's with him, he can shoot up to a 90 in 1 year), contracts, probowl game where you can play 3vs3 at the end of the season (3 best players from each conference), possible skills challenge game too with qb challenge for league players!, hiring/firing of coaches and have the coordinators you hire give a boost to certain attributes for the players.

and so on! there are plenty of ways that tiburon could freshen things up but none of it will happen. i can only dream.... dream of that day!

McNei1y

Well it was a fun two seasons. I definitely gained some skill from playing you guys. Good luck with the rest of the playoffs. If anyone has any spots for an NBA lg or FIFA lg let me know.

Rorschach

BigAT said:
What's your availability like for the rest of the day Rors?
I'm available now until 2pm Pacific. Then, I'm available after 4 pacific. So, basically, the 3 o'clock hour is out... and maybe the 5. Everything else is free.

well.... at least i lost to the superbowl champ!

congrats bigat! at least we finished the season out strong. hopefully madden '12 will right the wrongs of madden '11!

BigAT

GG Rors. That was a crazy one for sure.

I thought luck was going to be on my side throughout after opening the game with an 88 yard fumble return for a touchdown. Boy was I wrong.

As great as the fumble return was, it also killed my defense's stamina for the next quarter and a half or so. Raiders took the next kick back 82 yards, setting up a drive that concluded with a field goal. An interception on my end setup a quick TD for Rors. Then I fumbled and lost the kickoff (UGH) to setup yet another Raiders TD. I was rather frustrated at this point and threw a stubborn pass right at Rors' defender, which he easily user picked and eventually scored another TD on. 24 straight points by the Raiders following that fumble return TD.

I managed to sneak in a FG right before the half ended and managed to calm down by remembering I was only down two scores with the ball to start the half. I chipped away and got tighter on defense, to the point that I was able to tie up the game with 1:40 left. A couple of key drops by Rors' wide receivers certainly helped things.

At the beginning of the potential game winning drive, Al Harris somehow jumped an out route and came up with the INT. I ran the clock down and then kicked the game winning FG as time expired.

I have to say I'm very happy to get the Super Bowl win finally. Getting to two and losing both in the '10 dynasty was extremely frustrating and disheartening. I don't feel like this was a cheap one either due to lack of members; going through FMT, DM and Rors is as hard as or harder than any other Super Bowl run I had.

Rorschach said:
I've never been more pissed in my life. I quit madden forever.

[edit]GG AT

AT one time stormed back with nearly 40 unanswered points to beat me in game where i was up by 35 at half. I quit madden at that point too

DCX

DCX
DM, make me commish..gonna play out the next season. Curious to see what year 3 and 4 of my team would look like .

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Congrats AT. It's going to suck when I beat the daylights out of you and win the use of the Giants again and watch the flounder in mediocrity while the team you control wins another SB!

Rorschach

Dang, I only said "GG" and not congrats. I was so pissed that day... so pissed!

Anyway, congratulations, AT! That was a great run. Come to think of it, I shouldn't have won anyway (and the Lord made sure of that!). The AFC was severely gimped.

One thing, though, and I hope Tiburon is reading this...
Al Harris somehow jumped an out route and came up with the INT
Jumping a route is not warping through a player you're trailing by 4 yards. Jumping a route is a calculated risk when you're playing with a cushion, NOT the trail technique. That kind of thing doesn't exist in real life unless you have one of those stage canes they used to use in vaudeville to pull crappy acts off the stage. And wtf is with Al anyway? He's a fucking God. Jumping routes, forcing multiple fumbles, stuffing the run... jebus.

Anyway, I didn't even push the button for that player lol. And I also didn't call the timeout during a kickoff... why would that even be an option? But alas! It wasn't meant to be.

Top Bottom