• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

BigAT

Rorschach said:
Dang, I only said "GG" and not congrats. I was so pissed that day... so pissed!

Anyway, congratulations, AT! That was a great run. Come to think of it, I shouldn't have won anyway (and the Lord made sure of that!). The AFC was severely gimped.

One thing, though, and I hope Tiburon is reading this...

Jumping a route is not warping through a player you're trailing by 4 yards. Jumping a route is a calculated risk when you're playing with a cushion, NOT the trail technique. That kind of thing doesn't exist in real life unless you have one of those stage canes they used to use in vaudeville to pull crappy acts off the stage. And wtf is with Al anyway? He's a fucking God. Jumping routes, forcing multiple fumbles, stuffing the run... jebus.

Anyway, I didn't even push the button for that player lol. And I also didn't call the timeout during a kickoff... why would that even be an option? But alas! It wasn't meant to be.
Yeah, I was trying to figure out that timeout as well. You came out in a normal kicking formation too, so I wasn't sure what the heck you were trying to change. I guess they have it as an option for when your opponent starts out the game with an onside kick (see: online ranked matches).

I think the turning point in improvement for my defense actually came when I lost Charles Woodson for the year, if that makes any sense. It forced me to get away from press coverage, which I did frequently up until that point, and allow my CBs to sit back and make plays on their own. I've more or less determined that the PRS rating is absolutely worthless if you don't have the speed to back it up. Basically all it does is determine how many more tenths of a second it will be until the 95 SPD receiver gets 10 yards of separation on you. Al Harris has a 97 PRS rating, but he would get absolutely torched in man, press coverage (see also: Nate Clements, Antoine Winfield). He was completely unusable in those situations. Playing off in coverage though, his other good attributes (AWR, play recognition, man coverage) actually seemed to make a difference.

Rorschach

BigAT said:
Yeah, I was trying to figure out that timeout as well. You came out in a normal kicking formation too, so I wasn't sure what the heck you were trying to change. I guess they have it as an option for when your opponent starts out the game with an onside kick (see: online ranked matches).
Yeah, that's probably the reason. I didn't call it, though. lol I said to myself "this is probably gonna cost me later on, isn't it?"

Nightz said:
So is MvC3 the next Madden GAF game of the week?
Get it on PS3!

Rorschach

Don't normally do trade-ins, and it's the first time I've ever traded in Madden, but I got 30 bucks for it at GS. I hate GS, but that's a pretty good deal compared to Amazon's 14 bux. I got 25 for the trade and an extra 5 bucks for putting it towards MAHVEL.

Rorschach said:
Don't normally do trade-ins, and it's the first time I've ever traded in Madden, but I got 30 bucks for it at GS. I hate GS, but that's a pretty good deal compared to Amazon's 14 bux. I got 25 for the trade and an extra 5 bucks for putting it towards MAHVEL.

marvel could've been yours for free! but now that goes to bigat instead.... on xbox 360 no less!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
marvel could've been yours for free! but now that goes to bigat instead.... on xbox 360 no less!
If I had won it, I would have gotten it for 360 and put the money towards XBL, but alas! Now it's PS3 tyme.

Rorschach said:
If I had won it, I would have gotten it for 360 and put the money towards XBL, but alas! Now it's PS3 tyme.

what i didn't tell you is that if you won i was going to honor my agreement to get you marvel AND include a free year of XBL

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
we need one more marvel vs capcom 2 360 player. is anyone a bad enough dude to play with me, cb and rors?
No. They moved on after week 1. Just like what's about to happen to MvC3!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
nqwHq.jpg

Rorschach

That was a fluke. You should have gotten HVB'd to death... never again! You better just retire from MvC2 so you can go out on a high.

Servbot+Dan+Roll. Never forget.

Rorschach said:
That was a fluke. You should have gotten HVB'd to death... never again! You better just retire from MvC2 so you can go out on a high.

lol

i probably beat cb 50 times before he got his first win against me. we've probably played 80 matches and he has won 3 times.

cb already knows whats coming to him in mvc3

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Rorschach said:

i dont even know what that means. i dont need those fancy terms. i just do work

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol

i probably beat cb 50 times before he got his first win against me. we've probably played 80 matches and he has won 3 times.

cb already knows whats coming to him in mvc3

It was the same way with SFIV. I beat him a few times and then mysteriously I got a "connection with your opponent was lost" message.

Can't wait for MVC3.

LiveWire said:
It was the same way with SFIV. I beat him a few times and then mysteriously I got a "connection with your opponent was lost" message.

Can't wait for MVC3.

you're going to get a mvc3 beating from me as well!

infact if you guys are down i would be willing to beat your asses in mvc2 right now!

CB3

LiveWire said:

Can't wait for MVC3.

please son i clearly remember destroying you. ill get you in SSf4 right now and i havent even played since like a month after it came out

LiveWire

Pfft. My Guile will dominate your off-the-shelf vanilla Shoto, CB. Sadly, I can't play now as I gotta get groceries and make preparations for tomorrow's epic SuperBowl party. But I will check back later.

CB3

I feel like you could change a few words around in that sentence and it would be your generic pre-game madden trash talk before i would go on to destroy you like usual

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
1 guy playing by himself isn't what I'd call "alive and well." Why don't you just play offline franchise? It has many more features.

It's when they take a thread from the community dungeon to the main gaming section to get it some views.
I wanted to see how "my" Falcons would do.

DCX

Rorschach

Mrbob said:
I read this controller is similar to a Neo Geo import controller you can buy and work great for fighters:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=90035

Dat Marvel decals covering the controller is gross though.
For 10 more dollars you can get a cheap stick with customizable parts. I doubt it's as good as the NGP dpad. Get it for PS3, boob!

[edit] bigger pic

MS3606.jpg

Looks like the dc stick... dunno about this. Flat buttons are nice, though.

Mrbob

What is this micro switch? I read this controller has it just like the Neo Geo one and that is what people like about it for fighters.

I'm already honor bound to kick FMTs ass the first week this game is out, so I have to get it on 360. Plus my PS3 wireless is garbage and the only game i'll hook up wired for is MLB The Show!

Another link for it:

http://www.pdp.com/p-984-versus-fighting-pad-marvel-edition.aspx

I wouldn't mind having something I can sit down and use versus those hulking tourney style sticks.

BigAT

Interesting point of reference for the success/participation this year as compared to last.

Posts in Madden '11 O.F. Thread: 8,000

Posts in Madden '10 O.F. Thread: 35,000

DCX

DCX
BigAT said:
Interesting point of reference for the success/participation this year as compared to last.

Posts in Madden '11 O.F. Thread: 8,000

Posts in Madden '10 O.F. Thread: 35,000
11 OF two seasons

10 OF 6 seasons

DCX

like i said before, madden 11 online franchise wasn't as successful because we had already played 6 seasons of this. they added absolutely nothing (aside from correct tie breakers.... which they didn't even get right as evidenced by season 2, but they mostly got it right).

this is why i told dm that if madden '12 has this same online franchise i won't be buying it. dm thinks im bullshitting but you can save this post:

if madden '12 has the same online franchise it had this year (and last year) and i still buy it, i will also buy every regular league member a copy of madden '12

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
like i said before, madden 11 online franchise wasn't as successful because we had already played 6 seasons of this. they added absolutely nothing (aside from correct tie breakers.... which they didn't even get right as evidenced by season 2, but they mostly got it right).

this is why i told dm that if madden '12 has this same online franchise i won't be buying it. dm thinks im bullshitting but you can save this post:

if madden '12 has the same online franchise it had this year (and last year) and i still buy it, i will also buy every regular league member a copy of madden '12
You remember my address right?

DCX

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Can I trade my game for a ballwashing from your gf?

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i don't give a fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck! it would be cheaper for me as i don't have to pay for my gf's activities

paying for her strap ons dont count as a GF activity if your enjoying it from the back.

why would i be mad at erron rodgers for doing what he has done his entire career? riding the dick of his defense and completely disappearing when his team needs him most. nothing to see here!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Guys, not sure if anyone's thought about this, but, do you realize that San Francisco could have drafted Aaron Rodgers instead of Alex Smith. Boy, they sure did mess that one up.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
(aside from correct tie breakers.... which they didn't even get right as evidenced by season 2, but they mostly got it right).

it seems to just be alphabetical still, maybe it actually works between divisional teams.

Top Bottom