• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

Miguel said:
Good game goldlion, lol, that Pick 6 you threw was such BS, my player jumped up like 5 feet in the air to snag that one

I'll take it, made the game not be a total blowout :lol

Haha, GG Miguel. I was so frustrated with that pick. At the end of the half too :lol But that drive to end the 2nd quarter was so great i didn't care :D

I look forward to our league games!

bluemax

Banned
Rorschach said:
I'll do all the work. It's not that hard. I just need the new rosters. Ok, here it is in bullet point form.

Just so I'm clear, this is for the initial free agents and not post season? Or is this for both?

Rorschach

bluemax said:
Just so I'm clear, this is for the initial free agents and not post season? Or is this for both?
Both. Or we could just do the old system. Or no system (uncapped year, baby!)

In the post season, people would drop the guys they need to drop in order to stay under the cap by the time the next "advance" rolls around. Then, teams would send their bids to me for the players they want by the next advance. We wouldn't have to wait for a snake draft that takes forever and depends on everyone being around at around the same time.

DMczaf

gangsta-roller-coaster.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Roster up yet?

I am willing to help Rors with his calculations as far as the FA pool goes. Doing it for all 32 teams is a lot for one dude and I am a mathemagician anyway.

That said, regarding the ratings, are they open to discussion? I want to argue against the spread between DEs and DTs. Even with a billion high rated DEs on my team I still generate more sacks via blitzing and disguising my coverages to confuse the opponent. In fact I can say that I've probably had less than five user sacks in all my games in Madden 11. Conversely, a Jenkins, Haynesworth, Fat Pat, etc is instrumental in this game against the run.

I don't know if anyone else agrees, but whether DTs are brought up or DEs are brought down, I believe that the spread should not be that big.

Also, what about moving CBs a point or two higher on the top end? Consider we are playing All Madden difficulty. Also consider how it is damned near impossible to pass against the Jets and the Cowboys. Laslty, looking at contracts for Champ, Nnamdi, and Revis, it is clear that the cost for services from a top tier CB is disporportionate to that of the rest of the team.

I wonder if it would be worth while to look at franchise tags/average player prices and just go with a percentage of that as our basis. With that as a baseline I can see how DEs would be so much of a hit, but if so then I believe DTs should be raised.

It's weird because in Madden LBs can be one man D's. However IRL they don't get big contracts at all.

Nightz

Wellington said:
Roster up yet?
Yup. Let's start this thing!

Donny_Moore The official Madden 11 Week One roster update is live! Includes 500+ transactions and roster moves. #madden11 27 minutes ago via web

Donny_Moore The Online Franchise Week 1 roster update is out as well. If you've been waiting to start your franchise, this is the 1 to grab! #madden11 18 minutes ago via web

eznark

Banned
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I hate the Bengals. So damn much.

Good game dude. I cannot believe how atrocious your defensive front is. That had to be the most frustrating game in the world.

Ya, kicking was impossible the first five minutes of our game, no idea why. It smoothed out after that though.

Sanjuro

They will not grow on me. Ever. I'm debating swapping or even moving down to one of the empties.

The game was mostly good, but yeah. They made the Dolphins run game look good enough to get to the Super Bowl this year.

EDIT: Also, are we doing 7 minutes or is that just old news on the front page? I think 8mins with 20sec runoff is perfect.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Roster up yet?

I am willing to help Rors with his calculations as far as the FA pool goes. Doing it for all 32 teams is a lot for one dude and I am a mathemagician anyway.

That said, regarding the ratings, are they open to discussion?
Yes sir, they are. The work isn't much. You just go down the list and add up the numbers. I'd appreciate the help, though!
I want to argue against the spread between DEs and DTs. Even with a billion high rated DEs on my team I still generate more sacks via blitzing and disguising my coverages to confuse the opponent. In fact I can say that I've probably had less than five user sacks in all my games in Madden 11. Conversely, a Jenkins, Haynesworth, Fat Pat, etc is instrumental in this game against the run.
DEs get paid more than DTs and DEs are just as instrumental in stopping runs in Madden as DTs... maybe moreso since no one runs inside. :lol I can't even fucking run against Allen or Osi because their rating somehow makes them good rush defenders as well as pass rushers. I agree that they are instrumental against the run, but in all-madden even my 79 rated DTs can stuff inside runs because the suction tackles exist. The contracts work out the same in real life for different reasons. :p Harris and Haynesworth are the only ones getting DE type money and maybe Pat Williams.
Also, what about moving CBs a point or two higher on the top end? Consider we are playing All Madden difficulty. Also consider how it is damned near impossible to pass against the Jets and the Cowboys. Laslty, looking at contracts for Champ, Nnamdi, and Revis, it is clear that the cost for services from a top tier CB is disporportionate to that of the rest of the team.
You only have to be 97 as a CB to cost top money (that way guys like Nnamdi would be included). They are by far the highest. If you have a 98 DE (the second highest paid position), you'd still only have to pay him 10 points.

I wonder if it would be worth while to look at franchise tags/average player prices and just go with a percentage of that as our basis. With that as a baseline I can see how DEs would be so much of a hit, but if so then I believe DTs should be raised.
It is already based on that, and real contracts, but there have to be changes based on what's practical in the game and based on how many there are of each position.

It's weird because in Madden LBs can be one man D's. However IRL they don't get big contracts at all.
3-4 OLBs get big money. :D Anyway, that's where the balance has to be. You have to think about the game aspect as well as the football aspect. In hindsight, I think the very top LBs should be worth a little more.

Rorschach

Fucking Tiburon... they fucked up my player positions... I hate you, Donny!

[edit] WTF they didn't add all my players and they didn't cut Richardson... smh

Sanjuro

DenogginizerOS said:
Since the Jets re-signed Tony Richardson, I will be signing him from the FA list once the league is set up. FYI.
How does this work? Say there is a real life trade or player not listed that signs with another team?

I wanted to use my 1600 RORS Point card on Richardson.

bluemax

Banned
Mike Williams WR SEA Increase, from 69 to 73OVR
Mike Williams WR SEA Moved to WR #1

I quit.

Edit:

Jordan Babineaux S SEA Released

But they re-signed him! FUUUUU Tiburon. Of all the guys cut this might be the only one worth getting too upset about since he was like an 80 OVR safety.

LukeSmith

I think the guys that were dropped and resigned should definitely go back to whatever team they were dropped from. It is a slippery slope, but Free Agency is lame anyway

Top Bottom