• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
It is pretty much known that the Jets will sign Coles again after week 1 so they don't have to guarantee his money for the whole year. They will likely release him again after Holmes returns.

This roster update made two mistakes for the Jets: Richardson and Patrick Turner. Richardson was signed and Turner was released. But they got Leinart right...

eznark

Banned
Rorschach said:

schedule games with known folks: fun

pages of rules, regulations, ramifications and penalties: not fun

I haven't played in the league before but you guys have. So when you start talking about acceptable roster moves and penalties for filthy cheaters I start to wonder just what kind of scheming cheating assholes you guys all are when it comes time for league play! I just always assumed Bob was an outlier, not the norm.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
eznark said:

I haven't played in the league before but you guys have. So when you start talking about acceptable roster moves and penalties for filthy cheaters I start to wonder just what kind of scheming cheating assholes you guys all are when it comes time for league play! I just always assumed Bob was an outlier, not the norm.

Those rules are more for new guys like you, rather than us

Rorschach

eznark said:

The ragequitters comment was a joke. Also, what CB said. The "pages of rules" doesn't exist. There are just like 3 rules: no manual catch on offense, no manual blitzing with LB or DB until the QB leaves the pocket, and play sim/don't exploit. That's pretty much it.

None of the vets are guys I'd consider cheesers. Not even Bob! Maybe DM, but that's it!

As for the salary cap, that's not about cheating, it's about promoting parity. We actually haven't done one before. It's just an idea that we may not even implement since y'all are so close minded. And the guy that spurred the trade penalties was one of you new guys!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'm at work so I can't think this out extensively but the point system has to relate moreso to the game than real life. I mean I'd gladly trade both Osi and Tuck for Nnamdi or Revis, they shut down an entire side of the field. Further, playing in All Madden makes the back 7 players much more valuable because the game will cheat for them as far as picks and pass deflections.

I'd also like to look at WR ratings. The WRs should have more variables than just OVR.

I guess we have an entire season to hammer this out, but IMO the game does not always match real life. The best example - Ware/Merriman/Harrison are all incredible pass defenders in the game. They will intercept anything thrown their way.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
I'm at work so I can't think this out extensively but the point system has to relate moreso to the game than real life. I mean I'd gladly trade both Osi and Tuck for Nnamdi or Revis, they shut down an entire side of the field. Further, playing in All Madden makes the back 7 players much more valuable because the game will cheat for them as far as picks and pass deflections.

I'd also like to look at WR ratings. The WRs should have more variables than just OVR.

I guess we have an entire season to hammer this out, but IMO the game does not always match real life. The best example - Ware/Merriman/Harrison are all incredible pass defenders in the game. They will intercept anything thrown their way.
Dude, we are not going to go in and rate every player based on each individual rating. That's too much. We can't even get people on board with this simple system when I offer to do all the work.

I'm thinking we won't even do a system at this point.

McNei1y

anyone aside from wellington wanna play a game in the next couple mins? :lol

gotta test the waters with others!

I'm going to grab food and start a load of laundry but i'll play in 10 if anyone wants too.

Rorschach

McNei1y said:
anyone aside from wellington wanna play a game in the next couple mins? :lol

gotta test the waters with others!

I'm going to grab food and start a load of laundry but i'll play in 10 if anyone wants too.
I'll play.

Mrbob

I should probably play this game again since I haven't in over three weeks now! But I can't play till later tonight.

Oh and I see Rors wins again. :( As the new guys will find out, every season there is about a 40 percent chance of Rors winning, about 40 for LJ, 10 for FMT and 10 for the rest of us. Now that LJ is gone it is about 80 Rors, 10 FMT, and still 10 for the rest!

DMczaf

I'm getting LeGarrette Blount. Donny released him from the Titans, but didn't add him to the Bucs!

Cadillac Williams HB TB Increase, from 77 to 78OVR

Yeah boi!

Rorschach

First disconnect in a long time, McNei1y. :(

CB3 said:
So uh, is there anything stopping us from creating the league right now?
I can create the league right now and give over commish to FMT when he gets home. Maybe this way we can get people signed in faster!

McNei1y

Rorschach said:
First disconnect in a long time, McNei1y. :(

I can create the league right now and give over commish to FMT when he gets home. Maybe this way we can get people signed in faster!

Was that on my end? I haven't felt it like that in awhile.

CB3

Rorschach said:

^what i was thinking. go for it

Rorschach

McNei1y said:
Was that on my end? I haven't felt it like that in awhile.
Maybe we're incompatible. :\ Happens sometimes in Madden where two people just can't play together... It's fixed by connecting directly, but I can't do that right now.

McNei1y

Rorschach said:
Maybe we're incompatible. :\ Happens sometimes in Madden where two people just can't play together... It's fixed by connecting directly, but I can't do that right now.

Want to try again to see if it was coincidence?

Or does anyone wanna play to see if it was my end? It could just be comcast for today, but it's been running pretty smooth the past few weeks. Plus, in that game it seemed to be lagging the most on punts.

Rorschach said:
Franchise name: NeoGAF
password: jgar

Should I sign in with the Jaguars or how is this working?

Rorschach

McNei1y said:
Want to try again to see if it was coincidence?

Or does anyone wanna play to see if it was my end? It could just be comcast for today, but it's been running pretty smooth the past few weeks. Plus, in that game it seemed to be lagging the most on punts.

Should I sign in with the Jaguars or how is this working?
I'll go again, sure.

Did FMT assign you the Jags? If so, sign right up! Send me an invite after you're done. :D

Sanjuro

Ramirez said:
We don't need him anymore. He's out.

ohshit.gif

McNei1y

Rorschach said:
I'll go again, sure.

Did FMT assign you the Jags? If so, sign right up! Send me an invite after you're done. :D

Nah he didn't assign me them yet but we were discussing it.. I'll just wait until I'm assigned.

Rorschach

Yeah, just froze me out. When we play, I'll just direct connect, but all your opponents might have to when you're the home team. :X

McNei1y

Rorschach said:
Yeah, just froze me out. When we play, I'll just direct connect, but all your opponents might have to when you're the home team. :X

Well, I mean in the games I've played in my other leagues its been fine. It just sucks cause now its acting up when I'm trying to make a good impression :lol

I mean would it matter if I was the one direct connecting? Cause I could but it'd have to be at weird times.

Want to try one more time, you hosting? Just want to see how the game goes.

Rorschach

McNei1y said:
Well, I mean in the games I've played in my other leagues its been fine. It just sucks cause now its acting up when I'm trying to make a good impression :lol

I mean would it matter if I was the one direct connecting? Cause I could but it'd have to be at weird times.

Want to try one more time, you hosting? Just want to see how the game goes.
Yeah, it works if you direct connect as well.

McNei1y I can direct connect now. Want to try once more after I do so?

McNei1y

Rorschach said:
Yeah, it works if you direct connect as well.

McNei1y I can direct connect now. Want to try once more after I do so?

Were you direct connecting? If so I will too for another try. Could be me.

If not another try, anyone else want to try?

BigAT

CB3 said:
So what are we doing with FA's. There are some decent enough guys there right now.
I would imagine the initial group of free agents wouldn't be dealt with until a few weeks into the season like last year, no?

I'm signed in.

CB3

BigAT said:
I would imagine the initial group of free agents wouldn't be dealt with until a few weeks into the season like last year, no?

I'm signed in.

I dont even remember what happened last week let alone last year.

I play play whenever AT

CB3

Rorschach said:
Don't see you online... nm I guess!

Everyone should fix their OF depth charts before you play. I know mine is a mess. ><

The O-Lines and D-Lines always seem to be a special kind of fuckery

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
LiveWire said:
Yea I'll be home before 6 so I will log in and be online waiting for you.
cool, let me amend that and say 7 just to be safe (gives me time to get home and also fix my roster) if that still works for you

LiveWire

AstroLad said:
cool, let me amend that and say 7 just to be safe (gives me time to get home and also fix my roster) if that still works for you

Ah I gotta head out around 7 to the bar. I'll be around later tonight and all day tomorrow though.

Top Bottom