• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

Mrbob

So I need at least two offensive lineman, two safeties, a corner, a defensive tackle, another wide receiver. I need to start prepping now for the draft.

Oh and lulz at CB playing Sonic Adventure. Game is such crap dude!

TheCrow

DenogginizerOS said:
Do you still use telegraph to talk to people? My gosh, you have the worst luck with internet connections. :lol
Even after moving out of the dorms my internet comes up with new ways to fuck me over. :lol Now I can only hope that the new att guy comes during the first 2 hours of the 4 hour service window. I can't even get mad since the guy who came today spend 2 hours trying to help me out and It looked like he was working hard.

Edit: I'm not even going to open reach until I get my internet setup. Maybe Mexico's bicentenario can take my mind off of it. Univision/Galavision/Telemundo better have some mariachi concert on.

Mrbob

Smokey said:
Completed Reach about 20 mins ago. Amazing campaign, so so ending. Be sure to stick around after the credits! GG Luke and crew! On to MP now:D

Did you finish it on Legendary? The only way to truly finish a Halo game is to win on Legendary. I've finished Halo/Halo2/Halo3 all on Legendary in co op (Lets not talk about ODST) and plan on doing so in Reach. We need to round up a Legendary co op posse sometime. I was browsing at the achievement list and I noticed Bungie split up the Legendary chieves in Reach. There is one for co op and another for solo. Solo Legendary is going to be crazy hard.

McNei1y

DCX said:
What's so funny? When you scrim do you not run tests to see if plays would work? To see how well your Qb can throw against a certain coverage? lol WHat's so wrong about what i said...i would never make some of the throw i made in that game in a league game :lol :lol

I threw one pass clear across the field sideline to sideline in coverage, zone to be exact...there was a half second window and i said fuck it lol. I would like to also note Mcfly throw a similar pass into my shitty zone, on the run with SS over the top, LBS and CBs creating a blanket and it dropped right into Jones-Drews gut...he stood there for a second as if he was surprised it didn't get knocked down or picked haha

DCX

Agreed, some plays I ran just to see if they would work and surprisingly they did... Even if most of them were lucky plays :lol

Smokey

Mrbob said:
Did you finish it on Legendary? The only way to truly finish a Halo game is to win on Legendary. I've finished Halo/Halo2/Halo3 all on Legendary in co op (Lets not talk about ODST) and plan on doing so in Reach. We need to round up a Legendary co op posse sometime. I was browsing at the achievement list and I noticed Bungie split up the Legendary chieves in Reach. There is one for co op and another for solo. Solo Legendary is going to be crazy hard.

Heroic. I've actually never played co-op campaign in Halo :O.

I usually go on Heroic solo then hop into MP.

LiveWire said:
I've done all the Halos on Legendary by myself, including ODST. I don't think Smokey's got the cajones to have done the same.

http://live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/...ails.aspx?tid= ]:*iN &compareTo=dboythaGr8

Nope! :D

I will rage if I play Legendary solo in this. There were some parts in Heroic that took me multiple times to get past, and on Legendary...yeahh...I'd be down for co-op though!

Miguel

BigAT said:
Favre actually was traded? I thought that was a gag.
:lol

No one believes me that I didn't want Favre. And game 1 was evidence enough that I won't ever want to use him. Carson Palmer at the helm now, probably not better, but not going to retire this year! (I don't know how this franchise stuff works online...)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Smokey said:
I will rage if I play Legendary solo in this. There were some parts in Heroic that took me multiple times to get pass, and on Legendary...yeahh...I'd be down for co-op though!

I am with you on this one. Usually I go through it once on Heroic and once on Legendary but some parts so far are making me question my manhood.

Mrbob

I'm a stamina builder in Halo. Three step process. I finish the game on Normal. Then Heroic. Then Legendary.

Legendary is for a co op run. I've never done it solo. I will try this time but don't know if I'll have any success.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
i was doing 4 player co-op last night. Shit just gets way to hectic. everyone is to busy doing their own thing

Rorschach

Miguel said:
:lol

No one believes me that I didn't want Favre. And game 1 was evidence enough that I won't ever want to use him. Carson Palmer at the helm now, probably not better, but not going to retire this year! (I don't know how this franchise stuff works online...)
You don't understand. The joke isn't on you, it's on Sanjuro. Not only did he trade away a guy that still had a few years left in him, he traded away all his backups... :lol

Favre will retire the second that this season is over.
bluemax said:
You didn't like my Hasslebeck for Nnamdi offer?
It was tempting, but there's sentimental value attached to Nnamdi. I know we won't have him for much longer.

Rorschach

Why can't McNei1y play the cpu? It's not his fault that the game is canceled and he's right about injuries going WAY up during sims. Yeah, we're turning off injuries, but we're turning them back on after the patch. If he loses someone important for the season, he's done.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I thought FMT was turning them off and that would cancel out any injuries. Then again, he doesn't have a very good record of honesty and integrity today.

Mrbob

Hahah, whoops! Favre is done after this season. Better get a young stud in the draft!

From what I've seen, looks like there is zero moderation on trades already this season smh.

bluemax

Banned
Rorschach said:
You don't understand. The joke isn't on you, it's on Sanjuro. Not only did he trade away a guy that still had a few years left in him, he traded away all his backups... :lol

Favre will retire the second that this season is over.

It was tempting, but there's sentimental value attached to Nnamdi. I know we won't have him for much longer.

All joking aside I'm open to trading Hasslebeck, he's not much for deep passes but short to mid range and play action are all still viable.

DCX

DCX
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Well, I was also told it was a sim league as well.

I don't even know what the fuck is going on here anymore. :lol
:lol :lol :lol Dude, never leave us!

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
WHERE IS FMT!?

u8JBO.jpg

bluemax

Banned
Random question, is anyone here good at throwing sideline fades? I've noticed that in both the NFL and college teams run these all the time but I've never figured out the best way of replicating them in Madden. I have a decently tall receiver in BMW and while I've been able to use his height somewhat I'd love to find more ways to make us of it.

Plus I just want to be able to run more realistic NFL type pass plays.

CB3 said:
did anyone actually approve this trade?

This is my question as well. We also need a thread just for trades like last year to keep track of these cause it looks like the falcons and lions did a trade as well. Also did we ever decide anything on free agents?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
What's your deal with me Wellington? Your NY blood is too good for me?
Personally I just don't like that you tried to get in my boy Lone's face. So what if he doesn't want to punt, kick FGs, or kick PATs...? That shit's for pussies anyway. I am surprised he even has a place kicker on his roster.

Sanjuro

Wellington said:
Personally I just don't like that you tried to get in my boy Lone's face. So what if he doesn't want to punt, kick FGs, or kick PATs...? That shit's for pussies anyway. I am surprised he even has a place kicker on his roster.
Are you serious? There is so much wrong with this statement.

DCX

DCX
sableholic said:
This is my question as well. We also need a thread just for trades like last year to keep track of these cause it looks like the falcons and lions did a trade as well. Also did we ever decide anything on free agents?
Free agents i think worst team gets first pick after week 5

DCX

Sanjuro

DCX said:
decompress bro, he is messing with ya.. Lone doesn't have boys

DCX
Yeah, he just messaged me. If he doesn't then why does he have the Pats and I'm stuck with a now slangin Bungal team?

Rorschach

sableholic said:
I was going to question the trades earlier, but FMT had said something about not needing to approve trades anymore, so I figured it was ok. Lions/Falcons traded too.

For free agency, it will be done like season 1 of last year: after week 5 with team records deciding order. No FA or Cap system. :'(

bluemax said:
Random question, is anyone here good at throwing sideline fades? I've noticed that in both the NFL and college teams run these all the time but I've never figured out the best way of replicating them in Madden. I have a decently tall receiver in BMW and while I've been able to use his height somewhat I'd love to find more ways to make us of it.

Plus I just want to be able to run more realistic NFL type pass plays.
Your WR and/or QB have to be pretty good. If the WR isn't good, they'll just go out of bounds like last year. If it's a decent WR, he'll turn around and find the ball. I was able to do it with Brady when I was forced to use him for the tourney, but it's a crapshoot with my guys. One thing that is possible for tall receivers with high jump and spc this year is goal line fades. Your QB can even be really shitty for those.

AstroLad said:
I thought FMT was turning them off and that would cancel out any injuries. Then again, he doesn't have a very good record of honesty and integrity today.
IIRC, It doesn't nullify them like they never existed. They're off as long as injuries are off.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
AkaBalla said:
Off topic here.. Where is Konex? Having seen him in almost a decade... :lol
He posted in the NFL thread last week.

I forgot he is a Colts fan. Konex curse will lead the Giants to victory!

Rorschach

Speaking of FA systems, I think it would be cool to test out this: http://derekadams.net/madden/leagueManager/

Crow suggested it and it looks pretty sweet. It's basically a more advanced version of my system that is automated and syncs up with your league through the website.

Konex made the NFL thread OP with quote of the week:

"You gotta give it to Romo, though. Outside of Manning and Brady, I would pick him next to run a 2-minute drill with money on the line." -Cloudy

He goes by "Cloudy" now. -_-

Top Bottom