• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

Nightz

bluemax said:
My 360 died. It made a horrible hissing noise and locked up. I shut it off and tried to turn back on and it glitched graphically on the boot screen. It now shows triple red rings when I boot it up.
Sorry to hear that man. I thought my connection died or something when our game froze. Turns out it was something worse for you. :(

bluemax

Banned
Nightz said:
Sorry to hear that man. I thought my connection died or something when our game froze. Turns out it was something worse for you. :(

Yeah I'm not too optimistic, I think the graphics hardware died because it never even attempts to draw a picture.

Since I'm dirt ass broke there's no way I can afford to replace it or pay to have it repaired.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
bluemax said:
My 360 died. It made a horrible hissing noise and locked up. I shut it off and tried to turn back on and it glitched graphically on the boot screen. It now shows triple red rings when I boot it up.

Guess Microsoft likes Halo.

bluemax

Banned
CB3 said:
Guess Microsoft likes Halo.

I fucking knew one of you clowns would chime in with this. Sigh. It's funny, I've barely used my 360 the last few months and this happens. Same thing happened last time, I didn't use it for a few weeks and then it dies during Madden season.

idk whoooooo i play next, cause im guessingg we 'vanced, but i won't be able to play until prolly sunday after the lions game. MSU Vs. ND is gonna be an all day event tomorrow!!

eznark

Banned
Denogg, I'll be home all day tomorrow. Well, until sometime in the afternoon. Heading out to watch the Badger game at some point.

TheCrow

Just finished Reach on Legendary... It only took me six hours but I'm exhausted.

Edit: I hated those 4 elites that were between you and the cannon on the 10th mission. It takes so long to destroy their shields with a BR.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
eznark said:
Denogg, I'll be home all day tomorrow. Well, until sometime in the afternoon. Heading out to watch the Badger game at some point.
I am around this morning starting around 9AM EST. If you have AIM, hit me up.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Woah, we 'vanced!

storybook77 said:
GG Ramirez.....that fumble on the kickoff completely fucked me. :lol

EDIT: Wellie, I'm going to bed. I'm not sure about my availability tomorrow since I'll be in and out of the house and I'm going out tomorrow night with some friends to celebrate my bday (it's on Monday). Sunday, I'll be at the Falcons game but I should be available that night at some point.
728X90_SNF_WK2.jpg

That sux, I am around all day today except for the normal gym time. Looks like it will have to be Monday, I won't be able to play tomorrow after the game, I'm either going to be overjoyed or depressed. :lol

Anyone want to play some Halo or scrim since I am bored as shit and don't have anything to do today?

daw840

FMT, I will be around sporadically today if we happen to cross paths then we can play. Thing is, today is my 1 year wedding anniversary so I don't know how happy the wife will be if I am playing a Madden game, but I'll still do it if we happen to see each other online!

Mrbob

It has been fun guys but until this game is patched the CPU can play for me. It is one thing to play my opponent, but when I have to put up with giving up plays due specifically to all Madden difficulty and high player stats it is no fun. Case in point this throw by Rodgers:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/36680093

I crushed him and yet he launches the pass down field for a big completion. Second pass was bigger play.

3rd and 10 from my 39 while I'm up 14 to 7. Rodgers throws a pass to driver and he jet packs through my defender to get the catch. This lead to a scoring drive:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/36679977

So adios for now. CPU or human can play in my place the rest of the season till the jesus patch hits.

Rorschach

:lol Notice how you're not complaining about the DE on that hit going in without getting touched despite good position by the LT. We're all playing with the same game. Madden has always had, and will always have, a certain amount of bullshit per game. Sometimes it's for you and sometimes it's against you. The patch isn't going to make Rodgers or Driver any worse. I know you've never had a team that isn't overrated, but lower tier teams have to deal with more bs than high tier teams.

Birdman02

DCX said:
Bird, are you around?!?!

DCX

Sorry I missed you. I wasn't really expecting us to advance last night. I should be around for the next couple of hoursif you wanna play (unless I'm forced to go shopping with the wife), but I have to leave around 5 est to go to a wedding.

Mrbob said:
It has been fun guys but until this game is patched the CPU can play for me. It is one thing to play my opponent, but when I have to put up with giving up plays due specifically to all Madden difficulty and high player stats it is no fun. Case in point this throw by Rodgers:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/36680093

I crushed him and yet he launches the pass down field for a big completion. Second pass was bigger play.

3rd and 10 from my 39 while I'm up 14 to 7. Rodgers throws a pass to driver and he jet packs through my defender to get the catch. This lead to a scoring drive:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/36679977

So adios for now. CPU or human can play in my place the rest of the season till the jesus patch hits.

take some time to chill out. if you quit now i need to find a replacement and it will be a permanent replacement. everyone is dealing with playing under the same rules/difficulty, so it's not like you're being singled out. don't be a bitch and quit after 2 weeks and expect to just come back in "when the patch hits". it's hard enough to get 32 people on board, so if you're quitting fine, but i'm not going to go find a replacement and say "yeah do us this favor by playing but hey when princess bob wants to come back you'll lose the team. sorry :("

Wellington said:
Woah, we 'vanced!

728X90_SNF_WK2.jpg

That sux, I am around all day today except for the normal gym time. Looks like it will have to be Monday, I won't be able to play tomorrow after the game, I'm either going to be overjoyed or depressed. :lol

Anyone want to play some Halo or scrim since I am bored as shit and don't have anything to do today?

I'm actually taking off early Monday so if you just happen to be around that afternoon and not at work, I'll be around.

Mrbob

FrenchMovieTheme said:
take some time to chill out. if you quit now i need to find a replacement and it will be a permanent replacement. everyone is dealing with playing under the same rules/difficulty, so it's not like you're being singled out. don't be a bitch and quit after 2 weeks and expect to just come back in "when the patch hits". it's hard enough to get 32 people on board, so if you're quitting fine, but i'm not going to go find a replacement and say "yeah do us this favor by playing but hey when princess bob wants to come back you'll lose the team. sorry :("

Actually I wasn't being a bitch, I was calmly stating my position. But if you put it that way I'm out.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
:lol Notice how you're not complaining about the DE on that hit going in without getting touched despite good position by the LT. We're all playing with the same game. Madden has always had, and will always have, a certain amount of bullshit per game. Sometimes it's for you and sometimes it's against you. The patch isn't going to make Rodgers or Driver any worse. I know you've never had a team that isn't overrated, but lower tier teams have to deal with more bs than high tier teams.
This.

Remember this last year? Didn't hear any complaints from you.

19kj0.jpg

OQCTR.jpg

HowhP.jpg

EUBlH.jpg

And yeah that's 70 yards in the air.

Mrbob

I threw that one before being hit. Magic of Jay Cutler. The first one I can live with but that damn warp play was unbelievable. That one play was the difference between winning and losing the game. And this is the second straight week I've arguably lost a game on a "warp" play. Last week against the Cowboys had the Romo fumble my player didn't pick up. But before that on the final drive Romo hit a dump off pass to Witten that warped through my defenders body and to his TE and he ended up getting like 25 yards on the play because my LB was considered out of position. Sorry to everyone in the league for being a bitch and not having fun when I see things like these happen in back to back weeks.

DCX

DCX
I'm at a wedding right now..if o can out in time ill hit you up. If not maybe tonight or tomorrow after 4 pm.

DCX

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Mrbob said:
I threw that one before being hit. Magic of Jay Cutler. The first one I can live with but that damn warp play was unbelievable. That one play was the difference between winning and losing the game. And this is the second straight week I've arguably lost a game on a "warp" play. Last week against the Cowboys had the Romo fumble my player didn't pick up. But before that on the final drive Romo hit a dump off pass to Witten that warped through my defenders body and to his TE and he ended up getting like 25 yards on the play because my LB was considered out of position. Sorry to everyone in the league for being a bitch and not having fun when I see things like these happen in back to back weeks.
Apology accepted.

bluemax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
ill get in contact with kave_man

sorry to see you go blue :/ fucking rrods

Yeah despite how BS this years version of Madden is Id still rather be playing than having no 360.

Phillip Rivers must have the same magic bs sauce as Rodgers, there were two plays where my defender hit him' he was falling and his arm motion was awkward and the pass ended up being a completed bullet. If it had been Hasslebeck in the same position it would've been a fumble ala the Broncos game. Just the way things are.

Honestly the only thing I really coudln't stand was the kicking. I had to be giving up over a 100 yards in field position per game just because I couldn't consistently hit my kickoffs and punts anymore.

Im going to call MS today and try to talk my way into a free repair, but either way its better that you get a replacement.

Good luck and have fun dudes.

daw840

Ugh, terrible game by the Chiefs. Cassel responsible for 14 missed points. Not like I had a chance to win, but 21-35 looks a lot better than 7-35. Also, has anyone had a weird glitch where the QB or the punt return guy won't move? Just kind of sits there and twitches and your controller vibrates? I had a lot of weird glitches like that in that game.

Rorschach

daw840 said:
Ugh, terrible game by the Chiefs. Cassel responsible for 14 missed points. Not like I had a chance to win, but 21-35 looks a lot better than 7-35. Also, has anyone had a weird glitch where the QB or the punt return guy won't move? Just kind of sits there and twitches and your controller vibrates? I had a lot of weird glitches like that in that game.
I think I got that yesterday when playing AstroLad. I was trying to milk the clock, but I broke a big run that would have been a TD if I didn't run out of bounds, so I head for the sideline and he just stops at the sideline. Astro's players come over and force a fumble and recover. It almost cost me the game. :lol

Madden punishing me for not running up the score!

daw840 said:

yeah you were close to turning that into a game. 2 cassell fumbles inside the 5, including 1 at the inch line. he did the rosencopter and fumbled :lol

god my passing looks bad.... 2 passing attempts but i just had a bunch of big runs. 43 yard td run, 80 yard td run, 56 yard td pass, punt return td..... i didn't really have much opportunity to pass!

the one decent defensive play i made in that game was on the first series, chiefs 3rd and 1 and i saw a bunched left side and i just guessed pitch with mays and destroyed charles in the backfield. that set the tone!

p.s. thank god i had the wind and kept the ball out of charles' hands on kick returns!

Rorschach

I thought I replied to it before, but :lol @ Wellington's pictures. The ball is never even in Cutler's hand... He was so damn overrated. In real life and in the game.

Next 4 weeks are brutal. T_T

Texans
Chargers
9ers
Broncos

Rorschach said:
I thought I replied to it before, but :lol @ Wellington's pictures. The ball is never even in Cutler's hand... He was so damn overrated. In real life and in the game.

Texans
Chargers
9ers
Broncos

frank is waiting for you rors!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Mrbob said:

Your just quitting so i dont Vick the shit out of you in a few weeks.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Story: Earliest I get home Monday is 6 ET. I can play then no problem.

Tomorrow I am out of the house by 4 and will be back in time probably by 7. If we play exactly then that's cool.

Like I said I will be around all day today if you find a window. Just got back from the gym so I'll only be scrimming and playing Halo

Anyone watching this Arkansa/Georgia game? :-o

Nightz

Rorschach said:

Texans
Chargers
9ers
Broncos
I can tell you for sure one of those will be easy.
Me :(

Smokey

Rorschach said:

Texans
Chargers
9ers
Broncos

Please. I'm pretty bad at the game now. Yesterday's game against sable was the first time I've played in awhile do to Reach overload and it showed:lol

Top Bottom