• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

Somnia

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I was bored so I figured I would update the OP for FMT to the more current state and include messenger names. If anyone has any additions to add please post.

Cowboys - Somnia (AIM = Somnia1982)

Fixed!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
eznark said:
I'm running MSU's Little Giants against Lonestar

I'd do it too, but nope, too busy punting.

Just call me Pure Vanilla.

Really, what happened to those 2 ND defenders? Did they get pushed down by MSU or ran into each other?

Mrbob

Finished Reach tonight. Sweet campaign. Going to start another run soon. :D

Luke what is the quickest way to get armory credits?

eznark

Banned
Lonestar said:
I'd do it too, but nope, too busy punting.

Just call me Pure Vanilla.

Really, what happened to those 2 ND defenders? Did they get pushed down by MSU or ran into each other?

FAKE KICK!!!!!!!!

*paralyzed, pees pants*

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Mrbob said:
Finished Reach tonight. Sweet campaign. Going to start another run soon. :D

Luke what is the quickest way to get armory credits?

You'll probably quit legendary like you quit everything else

Mrbob

That doesn't even make sense. I guess you must have been hit in the head and concussed like your boy corn on the Kolb.

I see now it is the challenges that net you big credits. I'll have to concentrate on those.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I just saw that Fake FG Michigan St. pulled on Notre Dame in OT. That took huge balls to do something like that. Id love to do something like that against smokey

LiveWire

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I was bored so I figured I would update the OP for FMT to the more current state and include messenger names. If anyone has any additions to add please post.

Rams - LiveWire (Atreides815)

Not one coach in the nfl would go for 4th and 8 on their side of the field with 20 sec left in a tied game but whatever gg live. Early fumbles and lack of defense/good playcalling by you killed me

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
CB3 said:
I just saw that Fake FG Michigan St. pulled on Notre Dame in OT. That took huge balls to do something like that. Id love to do something like that against smokey
Just saw that, took some brass fucking balls.

Yeah I'll probably do it against smokey.

LiveWire

sableholic said:
Not one coach in the nfl would go for 4th and 8 on their side of the field with 20 sec left in a tied game but whatever gg live. Early fumbles and lack of defense killed me

gg enjoy the Skins this year. Brandon Banks is ridiculously fast, surprised he didn't return one or two.

LiveWire said:
gg enjoy the Skins this year. Brandon Banks is ridiculously fast, surprised he didn't return one or two.
I don't think I got to return one kickoff since you were booming them, I did have the pr with moss so that was nice

You were 7 of 11 on third down :(

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
sableholic said:
Not one coach in the nfl would go for 4th and 8 on their side of the field with 20 sec left in a tied game but whatever gg live. Early fumbles and lack of defense/good playcalling by you killed me
WTF

LiveWire

sableholic said:
I don't think I got to return one kickoff since you were booming them, I did have the pr with moss so that was nice

You were 7 of 11 on third down :(

Yea, I found a bit of a flow offensively. Defensively I did get those two fumble recoveries, but damn that Cooley TD pissed me off. Quintuple coverage and I'm going for what should be an easy pick and the guy pulls a Carlos Rogers and whiffs it. :lol The Santana bomb TD is another example; Rams DBs are horrible. :(

As for going on 4th down, the situation was a gamble, but not THAT huge IMHO. You had just called your last timeout. 20 seconds left. The playcall, even with an incompletion, would've drained about 7-8 seconds off the clock. The ball was on my 49. If you got the ball back, you'd have about 12-13 seconds to get a play off 15 yards or more downfield for a makeable FG, and either get out of bounds or get a quick spike off (the spike play takes about 7-8 seconds). I would've given you the entire middle of the field to defend the sidelines, and just let time run out.

eznark

Banned
Speaking of TOP, that amazing game Denogg and I played yesterday....he opened it with a 9 minute drive! It was spectacular.

LiveWire said:
Yea, I found a bit of a flow offensively. Defensively I did get those two fumble recoveries, but damn that Cooley TD pissed me off. Quintuple coverage and I'm going for what should be an easy pick and the guy pulls a Carlos Rogers and whiffs it. :lol The Santana bomb TD is another example; Rams DBs are horrible. :(

As for going on 4th down, the situation was a gamble, but not THAT huge IMHO. You had just called your last timeout. 20 seconds left. The playcall, even with an incompletion, would've drained about 7-8 seconds off the clock. The ball was on my 49. If you got the ball back, you'd have about 12-13 seconds to get a play off 15 yards or more downfield for a makeable FG, and either get out of bounds or get a quick spike off. I would've given you the entire middle of the field to defend the sidelines, and just let time run out.
I just don't think you'd see that call in real life is all I said. Given how I was picking up big chunks of yards not sure 15 was out of the question. Anyways I probably shouldn't have taken a timeout in retrospect but I figured at that placement no way you go for it and I just might get a big return out of it. Still annoyed at myself for not calling a spy since you had been rolling out a ton. But what it really came down to was your guy came back for the ball, mine didn't.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Sorry guys I had limited access to GAF yesterday but anyways I'm good to join if you need me. I see I'm the seahawks?

I'm pretty new to this whole online league stuff just point me to where I need to sign up. FMT gave me a login and password but I have no clue where I put these in.

Nightz

Kave_Man said:
Sorry guys I had limited access to GAF yesterday but anyways I'm good to join if you need me. I see I'm the seahawks?

I'm pretty new to this whole online league stuff just point me to where I need to sign up. FMT gave me a login and password but I have no clue where I put these in.
From the main menu go into Xbox Live and from the online menu go to Online Franchise. There should be an option there to join franchise. Just type in the league name and password, then select the Seahawks.

I'm your first opponent :). I should be able to play tonight either during the Sunday night game or after.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Nightz said:
From the main menu go into Xbox Live and from the online menu go to Online Franchise. There should be an option there to join franchise. Just type in the league name and password, then select the Seahawks.

I'm your first opponent :). I should be able to play tonight either during the Sunday night game or after.

Thanks for the help.

Yeah I'm available those times as well I'm off work Monday and Tuesday as well for you or whoever else I'd be playing next.

If needed my gamertag is Tontaku
I'm Canadian so I don't believe in aim. :p

Miguel said:
Goldlion stop watching "a video" and let's do this!

hahaha, sorry. that wasn't me. it was prolly a roommate. I got home a few hours ago, hahaha. That Notre Dame vs. MSU game was bananas. Campus was ablaze :D I even met Plaxico Burress and got to talk with him. I was the only one in the student section who recognized him, hahaha.

But real talk for a minute, i can play now if you can. or after the lions game?

guys cool out on the 4th downs that are just ridiculous. 4th and 8 in your own territory of a tied game with 20 seconds left is a no-no.

from now on, in a game where you are tied or losing, under no circumstance can you go for it on 4th down IN YOUR OWN TERRITORY.

eznark said:
or what?

not a taunt, a real question

expulsion from the league if there are continued problems!

it's like i tell my gf when she asks me to go do stuff on a sunday. don't turn me into the asshole. you know what i'm going to say so don't make me do it. just don't ask. samething here. don't turn this into a bunch of hardlined rules because you can't play with common sense. :/

eznark

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
expulsion from the league if there are continued problems!

it's like i tell my gf when she asks me to go do stuff on a sunday. don't turn me into the asshole. you know what i'm going to say so don't make me do it. just don't ask. samething here. don't turn this into a bunch of hardlined rules because you can't play with common sense. :/

Cool. Didn't know if you forced forfeits or something. Death penalty is fine by me.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
guys cool out on the 4th downs that are just ridiculous. 4th and 8 in your own territory of a tied game with 20 seconds left is a no-no.

from now on, in a game where you are tied or losing, under no circumstance can you go for it on 4th down IN YOUR OWN TERRITORY.
Thanks.

Edit: rereading that did you mean tied or winning?

Ughhh, this is awful. i'm gonna physically die from these highs and lows

anyway, imma be on Aim Miguel, so just hit me up when you wanna play

Smokey

Mrbob said:
That doesn't even make sense. I guess you must have been hit in the head and concussed like your boy corn on the Kolb.

I see now it is the challenges that net you big credits. I'll have to concentrate on those.

Score Attack. I usually get at least 1300 credits every time.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
LiveWire said:
Enjoy your week now, because Sunday will suck for you.

:lol :lol :lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Matrix said:
:lol :lol :lol

GoldenHomer.gif

Somnia

Well Smokey I don't know about tonight, but look for me on AIM just incase. I'm good tomorrow after 1030pm cst or anytime Tuesday otherwise.

McNei1y

CB, I'm playing Red Dead for an hour or so but if you want to play around 11:30-12 EST tonight let me know!

If not here is my schedule.

Tomorrow: I am free 4-5:30 EST then around 11pm EST+

Tuesday - Wednesday: All afternoon starting at 4 PM Est

Top Bottom