• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

McNei1y said:
Whoever I play next, I am the Jags, I am going to be away this weekend starting tonight until Sunday afternoon. I will have internet where I am going but I don't know how often I will be on. Maybe we can schedule something when I'm free.

All of this matters if we advance tonight/this weekend

read past posts CB!

DMczaf said:
At least seeing the real Niners go 3-13 this year will make up for you getting that overrated bunch.

as long as one of our wins is against the garbage bucs! you won't be playing the browns every week with daylight gifting you points!

p.s. a report came out today showing the bucs only have $80 mil dedicated to player salary this year. the elimination of the salary floor was the greatest thing ever for the bucs ownership! :lol

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
as long as one of our wins is against the garbage bucs! you won't be playing the browns every week with daylight gifting you points!

p.s. a report came out today showing the bucs only have $80 mil dedicated to player salary this year. the elimination of the salary floor was the greatest thing ever for the bucs ownership! :lol

And yet we're 1-0, and you're 0-1

Money doesn't buy wins.

j0ynI.gif

GCQuinton

I'm still making a ton of stupid passes right now, but even three games in Jimmy Clausen's already better than any QB I had last year and he *should* only get better down the road when I plug up some other spots on the offense.

DCX

DCX
Birdman02 said:
Sorry I missed you. I wasn't really expecting us to advance last night. I should be around for the next couple of hoursif you wanna play (unless I'm forced to go shopping with the wife), but I have to leave around 5 est to go to a wedding.
I'm home but i'm sure you don't have enough time to play :( If you do let me know.

DCX

Mrbob

After some consideration, I will not be quitting. After the events of the last two weeks the game must be telling me I must go 0-16 to get that number one draft pick in the off season so this is what I will do! Line up for easy wins, boys. I need high picks to do some major restructuring so I don't lose in the fashion I have the past couple weeks.

McNei1y

CB3 said:

Yo, I dunno when I can get a game in but I am at my place right now and its not looking like I will be going anywhere. I am drinking however so if I play I may be at a major disadvantage. I will check back here in a few to let you know if I am free or not... don't rely on me being so.

Check that, my xbox is being used for Mad Men right now so I'll let you know.

Rorschach said:
:lol 14 attempts in 3 games... wow!

Raiders have 2 of the top 5 QB ratings. So real!

well what am i supposed to do! i have been up by multiple scores at the half of every game. every game i've lost in madden this year is because i start passing a lot. you've seen it happen first hand!

one of these games ill have to eventually start passing. probably not my next game against the falcons though cause i plan to run all over DCX and im sure he'll give me a few easy picks

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Mrbob said:
After some consideration, I will not be quitting. After the events of the last two weeks the game must be telling me I must go 0-16 to get that number one draft pick in the off season so this is what I will do! Line up for easy wins, boys. I need high picks to do some major restructuring so I don't lose in the fashion I have the past couple weeks.

Dont go back on your word now. you said you quit. bye!

Marty McFly: Dont worry about it. ill be leaving in an hour anyway for the day. we'll do it another time

Rorschach

Hey, I'd run too if McFadden could fall forward for 8 yards.

Anyone else feel like we're not getting many plays off for each game? I think we should discuss implementing a 15 second runoff instead of 20. I hate, btw, how the runoff doesn't treat the 2 min warning like the end of a quarter. It just blows all your time and goes right to the warning. -_-

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Rorschach said:

Anyone else feel like we're not getting many plays off for each game? I think we should discuss implementing a 15 second runoff instead of 20. I hate, btw, how the runoff doesn't treat the 2 min warning like the end of a quarter. It just blows all your time and goes right to the warning. -_-

Ive been saying this before the league started. FMT was like "bla bla deal with it LOL"

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:

I'm with it.

Worse to me is when you get hit out of bounds, like your guy is tip-toeing the boundary and he falls out of bounds.... the fucking clock keeps running! That is nonsense.

Birdman02

GG DCX. I wouldn't blame you if you threw your controller across the room after that one. Reggie Bush makes 2 miraculous catches to give me the win. I saw him get behind the LB on that last play and decided to take my chances with him 1 on 1 against the safety. I'm pretty sure I would have missed the tying FG if he would've dropped it (considering I missed an XP after my 1st TD).

Rorschach

Wellington said:
I'm with it.

Worse to me is when you get hit out of bounds, like your guy is tip-toeing the boundary and he falls out of bounds.... the fucking clock keeps running! That is nonsense.
I hate that. :lol Makes me look like Andy Reid because I don't realize the clock is still ticking and I'm burning unnecessary time outs.

TheCrow

Rorschach said:
I hate that. :lol Makes me look like Andy Reid because I don't realize the clock is still ticking and I'm burning unnecessary time outs.
At least you didn't burn all of you timeouts before the end of the first quarter. Why didn't anyone remind me that half time comes after the 2nd quarter. :(

And I also think we should try using 15 second runoff.

DCX

DCX
Birdman02 said:
GG DCX. I wouldn't blame you if you threw your controller across the room after that one. Reggie Bush makes 2 miraculous catches to give me the win. I saw him get behind the LB on that last play and decided to take my chances with him 1 on 1 against the safety. I'm pretty sure I would have missed the tying FG if he would've dropped it (considering I missed an XP after my 1st TD).
Just trash..i hate my secondary..i do, my draft will consist of upgrading this shitty D. My man Turner..what the fuck. Everyone else has RBs that breaks tackles..Turner just isn't doing much. I played as best as i could. I really did..gg bro.

DCX

BigAT

Mrbob said:
You're just going to win your last 7 in a row and fuck up your draft pick like always.

Rorschach said:
I don't think going to 15 seconds will make much, if any, difference. The lowest the rundown will go down to (with either 15/20 sec runoff) is :20 left on the playclock. So the only time there will be any difference between 15 and 20 is if you get your play called in the first 5 seconds of the playclock :)40-:35). This is pretty hard to do between lag, having to exit out of GameFlow first and the fact that the game seems to run the playclock for a second or two during highlights before you have a chance to put in your play choice.

Even if you manage to do it, it's maybe a second difference. Even mashing A against the computer, with Flow off, it basically dropped me down to :22 instead of :20 when I had it set to 15 second runoff. Realistically, the times when there would be any difference would likely be far and few between in an actual game.

BigAT

I'm just saying if your goal is to lengthen the game, changing the runoff is not the way to effectively accomplish it.

im fine with doing a 15 second run off. i, too, feel we aren't getting enough plays in. my last game against the chiefs i think i had like 24 offensive plays :/

Rorschach

BigAT said:
I'm just saying if your goal is to lengthen the game, changing the runoff is not the way to effectively accomplish it.
Yeah, I know what you're saying. I didn't realize that 20 seconds was the max runoff. That's the dumbest thing I've heard all day. Why would they have a 25 second runoff then? Damnit, Tiburon!

Anyway, I call my plays super fast so it would help me. ;b

BigAT

Yeah, I'm not sure why they made the change from last year when it could run down to :13 left on the clock. No real reason I can think of for it, especially when they were trying to make games quicker.

So everyone want to tank for Jake Locker still? 4 for 20 this afternoon.

eznark

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
Eznark and I just played a real gem. Already looking forward to the rematch.

Games like that make it worthwhile!

And of course you aren't quitting Bob, you fucking bitch. If you can put up with the Cubs and Bears you can put up with a crappy version of Madden.

On the subject of bitching, I rescind many of my comments about Halo. The story shone through in the last half of the game, and while it wasn't very good, it was great for a video game. I solved many of my earlier frustrations by relying on the sprint ability to just adios from annoying encounters and the whole end sequence was pretty cool, game play wise. I'm now planning on playing through it again on Normal at some point for a more enjoyable experience.

I have no clue how the weekly challenges work though. I got the game Tuesday, played through it on Heroic (so 10+ missions) and somehow I don't get the "Complete 9 Heroic missions" challenge (sitting at 8 of 9 for some reason)? Pfft.

On the QB scale (Poutface=1, Rodgers=10) I'll give it a Jeff Garcia.

/eznark'svideogamesblogginglivejournalwordpad.com

BigAT said:
Yeah, I'm not sure why they made the change from last year when it could run down to :13 left on the clock. No real reason I can think of for it, especially when they were trying to make games quicker.

So everyone want to tank for Jake Locker still? 4 for 20 this afternoon.

he should've come out last year. he's going to be next years jevan snead

Birdman02

We're playing 8 fewer minutes of game time than we were last season. I'm not surprised anyone feels like we're not getting enough plays in.

Birdman02 said:
We're playing 8 fewer minutes of game time than we were last season. I'm not surprised anyone feels like we're not getting enough plays in.

i can't remember.... did we play 10 min quarters last year with 20 second runoff?

Sanjuro

I was bored so I figured I would update the OP for FMT to the more current state and include messenger names. If anyone has any additions to add please post.

AFC East
Bills - Crip4Life (AIM - bigkryptic)
Dolphins - EZnark (AIM - bpqb7)
Jets - DenogginizerOS (AIM - Magnoggin)
Patriots - Lonestar

AFC North
Bengals - Sanjuro Tsubaki (AIM - sanjuromifune)
Browns - AkaBalla (AIM - ronn4180)
Ravens - peterb0y (No Messenger)
Steelers - Ramirez (AIM - CtownSkins3)

AFC South
Colts - LukeSmith (No Messenger)
Jaguars - McNei1y (No Messenger)
Texans - Smokey (AIM - dboythagr8)
Titans - Storybook (No Messenger)

AFC West
Broncos - TheCrow (AIM - gafthecrow)
Chargers - Nightz (AIM - nightzgaf )
Chiefs - Daw840 (AIM - daw840daw)
Raiders - Rorschach (AIM - hawakubo)

NFC East
Cowboys - Somnia (AIM - Somnia1982)
Eagles - CB3 (AIM - thecoldone33)
Giants - Wellington (AIM - WellingtonGAF)
Redskins - Sableholic (AIM - sableholic)

NFC North
Bears - Mrbob (AIM - mrbob2k1)
Lions - Goldlion (AIM - goldlion054)
Packers - BigAT (AIM - CommandoAT)
Vikings - Miguel (AIM - molina118)

NFC South
Buccaneers - Dmczaf ( AIM - dmczafx23)
Falcons - DCX (AIM - DreamcastKC)
Panthers - GCQuinton (AIM - Wsv77 2K3)
Saints - Birdman (AIM - b1rdman02)

NFC West
49ers - FrenchMovieTheme (AIM - whossorrynow015)
Cardinals - Astrolad (No Messenger)
Seahawks - XXX
Rams - LiveWire (AIM - Atreides815)

(9/19/2010) EDIT: Somnia and Livewire Added.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Nightz said:
Any word from Kave_Man? I'd like to get this game out of the way.

Think I play him. Got a message about when to play, i said either later (sleepy, but could possibly go after nd/msu ) or midday tomorrow.

Nightz

Lonestar said:
Think I play him. Got a message about when to play, i said either later (sleepy, but could possibly go after nd/msu ) or midday tomorrow.
Oh I thought FMT said that he was going to get him to replace bluemax as the Seahawks?

Top Bottom