• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

Rorschach

CB3 said:
I dunno about him. But i have uverse. My Modem is my router. Its basically direct connected already
No, it's basically not, but that answers the question. :p Whelp, that sucks. This has been going on with some people before the patch. This isn't a patch issue. This is either a problem with the game itself or connection issue. I doubt Ian and company even acknowledge it at this point since they don't care about OF. Not sure what a fair resolution would be.

peterb0y said:
yo just wanted to check in, see what the situation is with the league and me, etc... Am I playing this week or did someone sub in? I know I'm really out of it right now, and for that I'm sorry, but the lsat is kinda gonna determine my future...
If you could find Ram now, that would be great. He can't connect to your substitute anyway. :p

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
No it is. What else would i have to directly connect to?

Regardless, ive never had a problem actually completing a game in any league due to not being able to connect properly. So i doubt its me or sable. especially since we've never had problems before. ITs just their shit code

Mrbob

Wow imagine a year where the MLB the Show league finishes a season and Madden cannot. I'll remind DM every day until Madden 12 is out!

Shame of it all is most of these issues could be ironed out of EA allowed us to use sliders in the online franchise.

Mrbob said:
Wow imagine a year where the MLB the Show league finishes a season and Madden cannot. I'll remind DM every day until Madden 12 is out!

Shame of it all is most of these issues could be ironed out of EA allowed us to use sliders in the online franchise.

yeah, i would bump the "connection" slider up to 100!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Mrbob said:

Now, Bob. Don't be bringing down the morale of the league.

DenogginizerOS

I am not attacking FMT, soldier. I am pretty upset with another broken promise. My mistake was putting ANY faith in Tiburon fixing it. My reaction today is about their inability to fix a $60 game. I apologize for posting about trade-in values. My intention wasn't to create a mutiny. At some point though, if EA doesn't fix it, the trade-in value will be much less, obviously.

DenogginizerOS

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
My god at the bitching. I think the game is great. Best Madden since 1998's version.
The only thing I am bitching about is the piss poor customer service of Tiburon. I reacted to not being able to connect to Ramirez in a league game that I was subbing in for Peterboy. I expect patches to fix things. Not break them. But I will go attack windmills about something else. I will resume playing my games in silence for the rest of the season (and having fun).

LukeSmith

DMczaf said:
Is the game perfect? No. Do I wish it was better? Yes.

But you have my sword and my axe til August 2011, FMT!

200px-Gimli_son_of_Gloin.jpg

Ramirez

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
My god at the bitching. I think the game is great. Best Madden since 1998's version.

Oh god.

I was direct connected, and I have it installed. It kept giving me a "high server traffic" after every disconnect. I can play Reach fine, but Madden's servers can't handle the load of 5K people on at the same time.

Ramirez said:
Oh god.

I was direct connected, and I have it installed. It kept giving me a "high server traffic" after every disconnect. I can play Reach fine, but Madden's servers can't handle the load of 5K people on at the same time.

these problems started happening after reach was released. i blame halo

Rorschach said:
Direct connected? I know it's not possible for some. :

I wonder if that key re-dl thing works.
Direct connected as in modem to xbox? If so no, I am wired though. Also yes it is installed, what's odd is that we can connect to a party together. Whenever I have had issues before with others we couldn't even join a party.

Anyways I have open nat, ports open, etc and haven't had any issues before really. Also we were able to get further before the patch, now we get disconnected right at the start.

I can try direct connect next time and see if it helps I guess

Sanjuro

Ramirez said:
Oh god.

I'm not saying it's the reason. It just allows for an overall better Live experience and is very simple to do.

Rorschach

sableholic said:
Direct connected as in modem to xbox? If so no, I am wired though. Also yes it is installed, what's odd is that we can connect to a party together. Whenever I have had issues before with others we couldn't even join a party.

Anyways I have open nat, ports open, etc and haven't had any issues before really. Also we were able to get further before the patch, now we get disconnected right at the start.

I can try direct connect next time and see if it helps I guess
Yeah, modem to xbox.

If you have everything open, that's probably the game. It's not that the game won't let you play it's that it won't let you play with CB. This happens every year, unfortunately. There are certain pairings of people that can't connect. This year, it's been more widespread after a certain game was released... coincidence?!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
these problems started happening after reach was released. i blame halo
I also blame Halo.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Wellington said:
Any of these last few games actually going to get done?

Me and Livewire are going down at some point tonight. Whenever he pops up online. Until then I'll waste time playing horrible games
FF13

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i'm seeing muse tonight so i'm going to have to hand commish duties to....

rorschach. he is the new commissioner of the league from now.... until forever!
Nooooooooo! Are we advancing or not? Don't want to go around pissing people off.

McNei1y

I wont be around tonight and tomorrow looks busy but I may be able to slot whoever I play in after the Redskins game / before Dexter/Boardwalk Empire.

Sanjuro

FrenchMovieTheme said:
Nice. I've always wanted to check them out live. They look like they do a good show.

Rorschach said:
Nooooooooo! Are we advancing or not? Don't want to go around pissing people off.
Don't preach to me your bullshit liberal agenda. We need ar football!

Rorschach

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Nice. I've always wanted to check them out live. They look like they do a good show.

Don't preach to me your bullshit liberal agenda. We need ar football!
On the one hand, I guess he left control because he wants it advanced... on the other hand, he went to go see Muse, so fuck him.

League stays unadvanced!

FrenchMovieTheme said:

rorschach. he is the new commissioner of the league from now.... until forever!

Soooooo good live. They played way to much of Resistance, but still a stellar live show. I was on the floor for it and managed to force/sneak my way to the barricade. So worth it. Let me know how it goes for you champ

DCX

DCX
Lets recap, Madden 10, Turner is traded league lasts 6 seasons. Madden 11, he is banned to be traded and league is sinking...interesting. :lol

DCX

Rorschach

DCX said:
Lets recap, Madden 10, Turner is traded league lasts 6 seasons. Madden 11, he is banned to be traded and league is sinking...interesting. :lol

DCX
As new commish, I approve your trade if you save us from these connection woes.

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
As new commish, I approve your trade if you save us from these connection woes.
Do it and watch it disappear, i'll talk to Smokey so we can turn the fail safe keys together and restore balance.

DCX

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
DCX said:
Do it and watch it disappear, i'll talk to Smokey so we can turn the fail safe keys together and restore balance.

DCX

Guess who had another sack? just so you know

Miguel

We can 'vance if we want to.
We can leave FMT behind.
Cause FMT don't 'vance.
and if he don't 'vance.
Then he's no commish of mine.

Rorschach

It won't advance in 20 mins. We have Ramirez MIA... not sure if he wants to skip cpu play or what. Kave said he and Live were going to play tonight... dunno what's up with that.

[edit] Damn your stealth edit... now it looks like I'm talking to myself!

Smokey

peterb0y said:
yo just wanted to check in, see what the situation is with the league and me, etc... Am I playing this week or did someone sub in? I know I'm really out of it right now, and for that I'm sorry, but the lsat is kinda gonna determine my future...

madden or career madden or career madden or career

also really thinking about trading the game in for $40 at Amazon and just renting out a copy from Gamefly.

DCX

DCX
AkaBalla said:
What does the FA thing entail? It's not in the OP.

Thanks
Worst record gets first picks and it gets filtered that way.
I think two rounds. A list will be made out.

Then players either post, pm, im a list of players they want. Commish then checks off player and list until both rounds are complete.

DCX

Top Bottom