• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2014 |OT2| We need to be more like Disney World

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjipwns

Banned
What's to defend? They didn't kill anybody.
Stop being naive.

Step one: http://www.consumerfinance.gov/paying-for-college/choose-a-student-loan/#o1

TjJb4k4.jpg

Follow the money.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
MCCAIN GETS RESULTS:

President Barack Obama said Thursday that it may be necessary for him to appoint a czar to oversee his administration's response to Ebola and signaled that he is open to a travel ban but doubts it would do more to protect Americans.

"It may be appropriate for me to appoint an additional person," Obama told reporters in the Oval Office following a two-hour meeting with top advisers. That person, he said, would "make sure we're crossing all the t's and dotting all the i's" in the long run.

MCCAIN/PALIN 2016

Obama's so going to let Republicans walk all over him for the next two years.

Diablos

I really don't see why it's such a big deal if a candidate is to have a fan or not. That's ridiculous. What does Crist having a fan do to Rick Scott?

Also something I forgot and has been missing from the impending gop comgress and fear of obama caving. There is a fillibuster. And losing red state dems makes its less likely theyd join McConnell.

McConnell also have no incentive to change the fillibuster rules because itd be a pyrrhic victory just to see the legislation die on obamas desk and have it backfire in 2016.

HylianTom

Banned
We really have an ebola czar? I hate this country and its media sometimes.
As of today, my outpatient clinic is requiring that we screen all patients for symptoms and history now.

Thankfully, every one of my patients has laughed along with me at it.. but if more places start doing this, it won't help with the whole "don't panic" thing.

Wilsongt

In other news, Jodi Ernst is an idiot.

“We’re looking at Obamacare right now. Once we start with those benefits in January, how are we going to get people off of those? It’s exponentially harder to remove people once they’ve already been on those programs…we rely on government for absolutely everything. And in the years since I was a small girl up until now into my adulthood with children of my own, we have lost a reliance on not only our own families, but so much of what our churches and private organizations used to do. They used to have wonderful food pantries. They used to provide clothing for those that really needed it. But we have gotten away from that. Now we’re at a point where the government will just give away anything.”

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/10/republican-admits-why-republicans-hate-obamacare.html

Yes, because having healthcare makes you dependent on the government.

wat

DSCC talks Iowa

Over 31,000 Iowans who did not vote in the last midterm election in 2010 have already cast ballots. Nearly 15,000 of these voters are registered Democrats, while just half that number are registered Republicans. Over 9,000 of these voters are unaffiliated, and our models indicate that they break toward Braley by a similar two-to-one margin. All told, Braley has a lead of over 10,000 votes among these new midterm voters.

An additional 26,000 registered Democrats who did not vote in the 2010 election have requested ballots but not yet returned them. Just 14,000 additional registered Republicans who did not vote in the 2010 election have requested ballots. And 20,000 additional unaffiliated voters who didn’t vote in 2010 have requested ballots — again, they break heavily toward Braley.

I just saw a Fox News Shep Smith thing on Ebola. His points:

- One guy in the US has died
- Two healthcare workers have the virus and are in quarantine
- Nobody is seriously in danger, unless you've been contacted, and probably not even then
- It's Election season, and what politicians say on the matter is irrelevant
- Get a flu shot, that's going to be far more likely to have an impact.

I almost fell out of my chair with the non-Fox-News-ness of it all.

Wilsongt

- Nobody is seriously in danger, unless you've been contacted, and probably not even then

Shep is one of the good ones. They keep him around solely because he is the voice of reason in the sea of crazy talking heads.

NeoXChaos

Edit: now I'm being faked-out, as are a bunch of folks online. A few folks having fun on the twits.

Meanwhile, the Times-Picayune has endorsed Mary, calling her "the best choice by far," and the comments section, as always, is golden..

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/10/mary_landrieu_is_best_for_loui.html#incart_m-rpt-2

I hope she prevails. Our senate seniority will be tarnished if she loses and Vitter becomes Governor. We will have 2 inexperienced backbenchers post 2015 x(.

If its breaking news before 7 pm I turn to fox. Not joking. Shep is an awesome newsman and great at communicating it.

I hope she prevails. Our senate seniority will be tarnished if she loses and Vitter becomes Governor. We will have 2 inexperienced backbenchers post 2015 x(.
To be honest this is probably good for the climate. If their replacements dont get on thr environment committee

HylianTom

Banned
Yup. I've already convinced a few moderate family members that, look, Obama has one foot out the door and then you're looking likely at Hillary (and Bill - I threw that in for my aunts.. they looove the man despite usually being toss-up voters). This race really isn't just about the next two years.

Minority party, powerless nobodies. Just what we need.

Shep has always been the voice of reason in Fox News. I swear he must have something on Roger Ailes because I'm surprised he hasn't been fired. Every now & then, Shep just goes off and drops truth bombs that veer from the Fox narrative.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Shep has always been the voice of reason in Fox News. I swear he must have something on Roger Ailes because I'm surprised he hasn't been fired. Every now & then, Shep just goes off and drops truth bombs that veer from the Fox narrative.

They probably just keep him on so they have someone to point to when they get accused of not having any actual news.

When did 'czar' start to become common place in american politics?

I mean I'm all for calling people the russian version of "Caesar". Hell why not bring back Kaiser. We should have an Ebola Kaiser instead of a Czar. Less commie like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom