• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015-2016 |OT3| If someone named PhoenixDark leaves your party, call the cops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holmes

click

ErasureAcer running away from his problematic 2003-2004 predictions.

I still want to thank the Ohio GOP for gerrymandering Kucinich out of existence.

Every once in a while, the bad guys do something right.

Also, just for giggles, I wanted to mention that Sander's overall year haul of $73 million is substantially less than Obama's 2007 total of $102 million. Whereas, Hillary is outpacing her 2007 contributions, and raising far more for the party than she did then. I mean, Obama and Sanders aren't the same. But some like to pretend they'll get the same results. Sanders has to do more with less. Even Obama managed to raise some money for the Party in 2007.

Minnesota is a swing state now? Hasn't gone red since 1972.

Minnesota only had like a PVI of D+1 or something after the 2000 election, it wasn't the safest of blue states. Still isn't really, the fact that it has gone Red in so long is partially out of luck.

If turnout is low, because Clinton is on the ticket, Minnesota could go to the GOP in 2016. There are no other statewide elections this year(no Senate, no statewide offices).

dabig2

As a non-Ohioan (thank god lol), what's with all the shit flinging on Dennis Kucinich? Dude was waaaaay ahead of his time on virtually all issues that people now champion Democrats as moving towards these last 7 years, slow as it is.

I remember him also giving an awesome DNC speech in '08 as well.

NeoXChaos

If turnout is low, because Clinton is on the ticket, Minnesota could go to the GOP in 2016. There are no other statewide elections this year(no Senate, no statewide offices).

have not changed one bit my friend in 12 years. Still burning with progressive passion and energy. Clinton will win MN. There is no question about that.

As a non-Ohioan (thank god lol), what's with all the shit flinging on Dennis Kucinich? Dude was waaaaay ahead of his time on virtually all issues that people now champion Democrats as moving towards these last 7 years, slow as it is.

It's because of Erasure possibly as part of the reason.

But a lot of the posters in here (Manky I think?, Adam, myself, Bert, and others) are from Ohio originally and/or live there still and probably remember his time as mayor of Cleveland and he was literally the worst mayor in the history of the city. Hands down.

NeoXChaos

But a lot of the posters in here (Manky I think?, Adam, myself, Bert, and others) are from Ohio originally and/or live there still and probably remember his time as mayor of Cleveland and he was literally the worst mayor in the history of the city. Hands down.

Don't you all get tired of the ads and attention every 4 years? Must be sickening.

It is rather comical. Sanders is running on all the same issues Kucinich was minus the Department of Peace. All it goes to show is Gandalf is looked upon more favorably than an Elf/Hobbit/Dwarf. As for Kucinich's time as mayor...I don't know much other than the fact he saved the city-owned electrical municipality from going to a private company thus saving the people of Cleveland millions of dollars over the long run. I supported Kucinich for many of the reasons I support Sanders: livable wages, healthcare for all, intelligent foreign policy.

Was I wrong to predict Kucinich would win? Of course. I wasn't dead serious... I was dreaming - being optimistic. Can't someone be able to dream in this country? Apparently not on NeoGAF. It must be serious all the time!

And yes, Kucinich was in favor of Gay Rights/Marriage while all the other candidates had no spine....including that poser Howard Dean.

Ooh! I think a few GAF readers took advantage of my Bernie Bet365 betting [post=190500467]tip[/post], as his odds have shortened from 26.0 to 19.0, in the space of just a week!

That's for putting on his White House slippers. He also gained a point in the primary, down from 9 to 8 (Hillary's now at 1.062).

NeoXChaos

It is rather comical. Sanders is running on all the same issues Kucinich was minus the Department of Peace. All it goes to show is Gandalf is looked upon more favorably than an Elf/Hobbit/Dwarf. As for Kucinich's time as mayor...I don't know much other than the fact he saved the city-owned electrical municipality from going to a private company thus saving the people of Cleveland millions of dollars over the long run. I supported Kucinich for many of the reasons I support Sanders, livable wages, healthcare for all, intelligent foreign policy.

Was I wrong to predict Kucinich would win? Of course. I wasn't dead serious... I was dreaming - being optimistic. Can't someone be able to dream in this country? Apparently not on NeoGAF. It must be serious all the time!

We want you to dream but we also want you to be realistic in the context of political and congressional reality.

dabig2

Dude served as mayor before probably 95% of anyone in this thread was born. I mean, sure he probably sucked back then, but he's been one of the best progressive liberal politicians out there the past 20 years. I rather have him on my side and champion his policies than throw shade at him because a poster or two gets on your nerves.

Imagine if we treated Hillary that way because of her batshit HillaryIs44 supporters.

User 406

Banned

Uh, Jane Campbell wasn't that long ago, and she damn near cut every fucking service this city had. Dennis prevented us from losing Muny Light, and as a current customer of CPP I'm damn glad about it. The default bullshit was because he stood up to the banks. If he hadn't, Cleveland power customers would have been fucked out of about $200 million over the years. He's also been a solidly leftist vote in the House, and he was my rep until the GOP fucked him out of his district. Screw you guys. :mad:

1330106365-dennis-kucinich-is-still-god.jpg

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
http://news.yahoo.com/scalia-dismisses-concept-religious-neutrality-speech-202953789.html

Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia said Saturday the idea of religious neutrality is not grounded in the country's constitutional traditions and that God has been good to the U.S. exactly because Americans honor him.

Scalia was speaking at a Catholic high school in the New Orleans suburb of Metairie, Louisiana. Scalia, who was appointed by President Ronald Reagan in 1986 is the court's longest serving justice. He has consistently been one of the court's more conservative members.

He told the audience at Archbishop Rummel High School that there is "no place" in the country's constitutional traditions for the idea that the state must be neutral between religion and its absence.

"To tell you the truth there is no place for that in our constitutional tradition. Where did that come from?" he said. "To be sure, you can't favor one denomination over another but can't favor religion over non-religion?"

How in the world can somebody on the Supreme Court truly believe this?

ivysaur12

Banned
Dude served as mayor before probably 95% of anyone in this thread was born. I mean, sure he probably sucked back then, but he's been one of the best progressive liberal politicians out there the past 20 years. I rather have him on my side and champion his policies than throw shade at him because a poster or two gets on your nerves.

Imagine if we treated Hillary that way because of her batshit HillaryIs44 supporters.

He started to lean into some of the more anti-science parts of the far-left base and said enough bizarre shit in public that made him an embarrassment more than a legitimate face of the the progressive wing of the party.

I do think Congress needs more people like Dennis Kucinich. I'm happy they're not Dennis Kucinich.

Don't do this to yourself.

You know MN consistently has the highest/second highest turnout in the country right

I like what Kucinich's planning department was doing during his time as mayor (and also Jane Campbell existed while I was coming of age), but yeah, it's basically because Erasure is a putz.

dabig2

HillaryIs44 actually hates Hillary now and loves Donald Trump.

I'm not making that up.

No, I definitely believe it. They were unabashed racists before the tea party took it to a new level. Perfect fodder for the Trump machine. They all definitely deserve each other.

He started to lean into some of the more anti-science parts of the far-left base and said enough bizarre shit in public that made him an embarrassment more than a legitimate face of the the progressive wing of the party.

I do think Congress needs more people like Dennis Kucinich. I'm happy they're not Dennis Kucinich.
Eh, the UFO thing is more funny than insane. Like a lot of people who claim they saw UFOs, he probably saw some military drone or the like. It was the age of Reagan and the big military industrial complex. Lots of shit was getting flown. GMO labeling is also meh but a lot of Dems are still riding that train and it's really not that big of a deal, at least not compared to real shit like the Iraq war and climate change. He was, again, far ahead of his time and virtually right on all of the other issues that actually matter.

ivysaur12

Banned
No, I definitely believe it. They were unabashed racists before the tea party took it to a new level. Perfect fodder for the Trump machine. They all definitely deserve each other.

Eh, the UFO thing is more funny than insane. Like a lot of people who claim they saw UFOs, he probably saw some military drone or the like. It was the age of Reagan and the big military industrial complex. Lots of shit was getting flown. GMO labeling is also meh but a lot of Dems are still riding that train and it's really not that big of a deal, at least not compared to real shit like the Iraq war and climate change. He was, again, far ahead of his time and virtually right on all of the other issues that actually matter.

Maybe, but he was also a weirdo who has some non-policy-related-yet-ridiculous views but then became the face and de fact intellectual champion of the left-wing of the Democratic party. That's not good when you're trying to move the party leftward.

He was terrible optics. Maybe that doesn't matter to you. But the problem with those optics is that you can paint an entire group of progressives with a single brush of Kucinich's oddness.

Cerium

That's insane...

Here's their post from December 21st.

It's like a never ending stream of consciousness from a crazy cat lady but here's just the beginning:

Clinton-Bush takes on a new meaning. Hillary is in tone and language a perfect mimic of Jeb Bush. “Trump is a bully” check. “That is not who we are” check. “Can’t insult your way to the presidency” check. All delivered in a low energy whine – just like Jeb. Bill Clinton said “Better to be strong and wrong than weak and right.” Ignore the wrong and right portion of the equation, who is strong and who is weak? Hillary, call Bill.

We’re informed, as a defense of Hillary and the bathroom business, that our last update was incorrect. We’re told that Hillary was also late to the previous debate under the same circumstances. That’s not a defense. That’s a condemnation. If this happened before, how come Hillary’s bathroom availability needs have not been tended to by her debate negotiators? Doesn’t Hillary have a private bathroom in her ready room? The debate facilities are negotiated with the hosts of the debates by the candidate staffs. Hillary’s staff did not get her a private bathroom? We think she does need a private bathroom. A private bathroom, not shared with opposition candidates or staff, is a reasonable request to be accommodated without question. A private bathroom is an entirely reasonable demand for all candidates. Republican candidates have had big fights, which made headlines, with debate hosts over their accommodations before debates. Hillary’s staff is so incompetent they did not bother to get her a private bathroom even after she allegedly encountered the same problem in a previous debate??? Color us confused.

We’re not the only ones confused. Trump is leading Hillary into a well crafted trap which we can see coming from a mile away and Hillary’s staff thinks this “War On Woman” bait is not a trap as they walk in with a smile. Oy gevalt! Below, we offer some more stocking stuffers on this Christmas Eve.

NeoXChaos

Here's their post from December 21st.

It's like a never ending stream of consciousness from a crazy cat lady but here's just the beginning:

so is bernisis45.com gonna start liking Trump?

When character posting goes too far...

no way its character. You gotta believe it at some point after so many years.

Everyone is a gimmick. The key is to have self-awareness to this. Some need more work than others. ;)

you also have a unique posting style. Foffy the philosopher.

Just for the record, my disdain for Kucinich has nothing to do with anyone who may or may not have liked him. I simply didn't like him. His 90,000 attempts to impeach Bush/Cheney just made us all look like lunatics. He sued someone for chipping a tooth on an olive sandwich! As a politician! Then the whole UFO thing.... I just never met someone who actually, legitimately supported him AND thought he had a chance.

Just for the record, my disdain for Kucinich has nothing to do with anyone who may or may not have liked him. I simply didn't like him. His 90,000 attempts to impeach Bush/Cheney just made us all look like lunatics. He sued someone for chipping a tooth on an olive sandwich! As a politician! Then the whole UFO thing.... I just never met someone who actually, legitimately supported him AND thought he had a chance.

Dennis was the left's Donald Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom