• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015-2016 |OT3| If someone named PhoenixDark leaves your party, call the cops

Status
Not open for further replies.

User 406

Banned
Interesting. Wallace, Buchanan, etc. railing against the rich is something that's not usually mentioned; usually we just hear about the minorities.

That's the thing, Wallace's appeal was to disaffected Dixiecrats. These people were originally mostly Democrats because the Democratic party was the party of labor rights and the welfare of the common people vs. big business. But once the CRA was signed, their racism came into play as well, and opened up a second front of hatred. :p

The Age of Nixon talks about the kind of petty-bourgeois ressentiment that characterizes these people. It's also where America's proto-fascist tendencies are.

User 406

Banned

smile.gif

CYCtOxJWkAE9bmq.jpg

How does the 13 year old turtle kid look more confident in this photo than Jeb does? It looks like Jeb is spilling out all his woes and the kid is listening intently.

Teggy

Jeb's just playing the long game. Those kids will be voters one day, and they'll remember that turtle.

Ann Coulter is obsessed with Trump. She now says that Cruz is not eligible for president even though a couple of years ago she tweeted in a very relieved manner that he was.

Jeb's just playing the long game. Those kids will be voters one day, and they'll remember that turtle.

Ann Coulter is obsessed with Trump. She now says that Cruz is not eligible for president even though a couple of years ago she tweeted in a very relieved manner that he was.

Ann Coulter is well aware that hitching her wagon to Trump is the only thing from getting her replaced by better looking younger versions of herself on various cable news shows and the general conservative consciousness.

Holmes

Sanders and Rubio have 3 more hours to run a slate of delegates in Illinois or else they're conceding a lot to their opponents.

NeoXChaos

Things remain extremely close on the Democratic side, with Hillary Clinton at 47% to 44% for Bernie Sanders, and 3% for Martin O'Malley. There's an incredible divide between the Democrats and independents planning to vote in the primary- Clinton leads Sanders 55/36 with Democrats, but Sanders almost completely cancels that out with a 59/29 advantage among non-Democrats planning to vote in the primary. That's just one of several big dividers in the Democratic race- Clinton leads 51/38 with women while Sanders leads 50/42 with men, and Clinton leads 54/36 with seniors while Sanders is up 46/45 with everyone else.

Sanders is more broadly popular than Clinton, with an 85/8 favorability rating to her 69/24 standing. Clinton's supporters are a little more committed though with 68% of them saying they will definitely vote for her to 62% of Sanders' voters who say they're firmly with him

The bold might by in large vote on the Republican side. Bernie better hope that is not the case.

The head to heads with Trump don't really look good for him compared to earlier polls.

Jeb 45% - Trump 46%
Cruz 46% - Trump 39%
Rubio 52% - Trump 40%

He's never looked great in head-to-heads. Thankfully for him there's no sign of anyone dropping out before New Hampshire, all of those candidates are doing just well enough to stay in.

He's never looked great in head-to-heads. Thankfully for him there's no sign of anyone dropping out before New Hampshire, all of those candidates are doing just well enough to stay in.

He at least was able to handily beat Jeb. From last month:

Jeb 38% - Trump 54%
Cruz 44% - Trump 41%
Rubio 45% - Trump 45%

The Jebmentum is real.

But yeah, I don't see anyone big dropping out before NH.

Cerium

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/is-the-gop-establishment-blowing-its-anti-trump-campaign/

And now 538 has published its own fresh article, asking:
Is The GOP Establishment Blowing Its Anti-Trump Campaign?

The confidence that a Trump win is improbable seems to be fading a bit. They seem genuinely stumped. And a bit incredulous that the GOP's party entities haven't moved more aggressively to bring Trump down.

Hahahaha get fucked Nate I hope you put money on Predictit.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Jeb can't lose to kasich. that will definitely end him.

Jebmentum is real! You will all regret not picking him.

HylianTom

Banned
Marco's the guy to beat Trump!
On second thought.. Christie's got momentum!
No, wait, it's Jeb!

Thank you, New Hampshire. Keep things confusing for us. 😂

Holmes

Chances are that PPP's previous NH poll was just anti-Jeb and this poll is just returning to the norm. But yeah, 4 establishment candidates fighting for third and the one in second place being hardly ahead is too funny. Great for TRUMP! Hopefully his ads motivate more people to vote for him next month.

Iolo

Sanders and Rubio have 3 more hours to run a slate of delegates in Illinois or else they're conceding a lot to their opponents.

Indeed as of Monday, Rubio had filed for the primary, but not for a slate of delegates:

So far, only five Republican candidates have filed to run in the Illinois primary. The primary is a "so-called beauty contest ... in which voters express a preference but nothing more" and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R), New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R), Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX), Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL), and real estate mogul Donald Trump (R) have all filed for the primary.

"But Rubio didn't file in the far more important contests for convention delegate in each of the state's 18 congressional districts. It's not immediately certain why, but the delegates to the 2016 GOP National Convention are the ones who actually will select a nominee." The other four who did file for the primary ballot also filed for convention delegates.

Ohio Gov. John Kasich (R) "and Rubio have been having trouble getting adequate nominating petition signatures in some districts, but are 'likely' to file by the deadline in two days." Former HP CEO Carly Fiorina (R) and retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson (R) are not expected to file.

No further information today that I can find.

edit: Article from today indicates Bernie and Rubio are expected to file by tonight. Cutting it close! Also, Fiorina made it. I was worried.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone explain to me these goofy Illinois delegate rules? It's been a while.

Nothing that goofy about them? You just need a certain number of valid signatures (500) for each potential delegate you can elect (4 from each district).

Cerium

There was once a time when Rubio was at 50-50 on Predictit.

I know because that's when I shorted his ass. Mwuahahahaha.

Holmes

It's better that Sanders filed at the last moment because it keeps the establishment off guard.
How so? Waiting until the last minute is a pretty stupid move. It raises questions, like the ones we're having with Rubio right now.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
How so? Waiting until the last minute is a pretty stupid move. It raises questions, like the ones we're having with Rubio right now.

Not really. Candidates just like to gather as many signatures as possible to make sure none get rejected - otherwise you end up like O'Malley in Ohio. I understand Sanders is doing it because his team is less confident they have the structure to vet the signatures as well as Clinton's more experienced team.

Iolo

Not really. Candidates just like to gather as many signatures as possible to make sure none get rejected - otherwise you end up like O'Malley in Ohio. I understand Sanders is doing it because his team is less confident they have the structure to vet the signatures as well as Clinton's more experienced team.

They can start gathering these on October 8th... will 2 more days make a difference? It can affect your position on the ballot, and Hillary already has the alphabet conspiracy for her.

Now as for Rubio... even Fiorina was able to file (unexpectedly). I imagine he will file successfully. But it would be funny if they filed on Monday and just found out then they needed the delegates as well.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
They can start gathering these on October 8th... will 2 more days make a difference? It can affect your position on the ballot, and Hillary already has the alphabet conspiracy for her.

No idea. I assume they were playing better safe than sorry. You need 4 delegates for each district which is 2,000 votes from a district, more if you want alternates and even more allowing for a margin of rejection, so for some of the more rural, less pro-Bernie, and small districts, I imagine that might have been difficult.

I'm late, but it looks like those Republicans for Bernie Kids hid their shirts (they all have coats or jackets) until the picture was taken. Brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom