• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015-2016 |OT3| If someone named PhoenixDark leaves your party, call the cops

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many fallen brothers have we lost in only a week
0beEwWQ.gif

cerium n sourshoes are in purgatory right now getting a talking to from y2kev as speculawyer n pd watch from beyond the pearly gates

Hexa

How many fallen brothers have we lost in only a week
0beEwWQ.gif

cerium n sourshoes are in purgatory right now getting a talking to from y2kev as speculawyer n pd watch from beyond the pearly gates

Ouch on Cerium and Sourshoes. I was tempted to join them but was too busy. Lucky break. o_O

In their absence I claim this thread for Lord Emperor Trump.
ucUG4YY.png

pigeon

Banned
I mean, you can't go troll the forum and then come into PoliGAF and talk about how you're trolling everybody, cmon. You're supposed to troll us too, that's how PoliGAF works.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Was it stumpokapow's? He was on Conan. A shot of his face should be fair game since he was on national TV.

It was not mine, but your comment here is the single most disgusting thing I have ever read on GAF, and I've been here for 8 years. I am a human being. I am not "fair game". The fact that some stupid TV show put my head on a monitor and someone who liked me here thought it was neat does not give you "fair game" to insult me using my face. Call your mother and ask how she raised you so poorly.

yep, most of my thoughts reading the last two pages are firmly in "what the fuck" territory

meta-posting is bad enough before we start insulting mods and random OT members on top of it

NeoXChaos

PD is gone. Now Cerium and SourShoes? What is going on in here?

We haven't even gotten to the fun stuff yet and people are restless. Calm down people. We have a SOTU and 2 debates next week/weekend. Enough to talk about without conflict.

Ted says McCain is bringing it up because he supports Rubio. This is an interesting double slam on both of them - Rubio's guilt by association with establishment figures.

Don't get how Rubio's is establishment when he road on the tea party banner and wave in 2010.

Makai

PoliGAF has gotten a bit nasty in the past few days. Let's get back on topic a bit... so how about Cruz thinking the establishment is scared of him because McCain brought up the birther issue. I wonder if he doesn't realize everyone just hates him or if he's just trying to rile up the anti-establishment voters among the base.
Ted says McCain is bringing it up because he supports Rubio. This is an interesting double slam on both of them - Rubio's guilt by association with establishment figures.

Hmm, didn't see the thread live, but if PD insinuated what I'm inferring that he did from these comments, permaban seems justifiable.

Here is Cyan's final word on the matter
There was a Gamergate meme (started by the Ralph Report guy IIRC) about Opiate being a pedophile (or the more general "GAF MODS ARE PEDOS" since they didn't really keep track of who was who), because of a thread where he argued in typical robotic Opiate fashion that people are illogical about pedophiles and that it's possible pedophiles deserve sympathy. Anyone who's ever tried to argue with him about declawing cats or whatever knows that's just Opiate being Opiate, but so it goes. The meme seems to have picked up steam again after he did his robot routine in a similar thread late last year.

I don't know why PD thought it would be funny to reference that meme. I've always liked PD, and I'm sure he doesn't actually believe it. And it's a really nasty implication to make.

So there you are. I don't think we need to derail this thread any further, but people can always PM me or another mod etc etc.
Dude didn't flew close to the sun. He went straight into it.

Iolo

Personally, I'm looking forward to finally getting more post-holiday polls. Every article on the horserace is referencing the RCP average without noting how stale it is.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
I know I'm just a PoliGAF lurker, but what the fuck happened? I spent all day cooking for a big dinner party and then I check this place out at the end of the day and see a graveyard.

HylianTom

Banned
Ouch. I fall asleep waiting for Trumpy's event, and that happens?

Getting close to Iowa..

Don't get how Rubio's is establishment when he road on the tea party banner and wave in 2010.

From what I gather, the moment he signed-on with Chuck Schmuer for the Gang of Eight was the moment that undid any valid claim to Tea Party street cred. No matter what he's done since, he is irredeemably untrustworthy to many voters in the GOP base. And no matter how stridently he makes promises to hew to the Tea Party line, there will always be the concern that he betrays them once again, as he's demonstrated a willingness to do so, like other disappointment politicians from the past.

636_042213_fx_rubio_schumer.jpg

If he fails to win nomination, this will likely be one of the very top reasons. The party base is willing to flex on some issues of purity, but many of them see immigration as an existential threat to traditional conservatism's electoral prospects.

CCS

Banned
It's interesting to watch the campaigns from the UK. Unless you follow this stuff in detail, from the way our media covers it you could be forgiven for thinking that Trump and Clinton are the only candidates.

Holmes

It's interesting to watch the campaigns from the UK. Unless you follow this stuff in detail, from the way our media covers it you could be forgiven for thinking that Trump and Clinton are the only candidates.
They pretty much will be in a few months.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
They are not the only candidates, but they are the only Candidates.

Foffy

Banned
I hate this election cycle.

I also 100% am with Ecotic at this point re: a coming recession.

Do you think it risks becoming a depression, though? I greatly wonder and fear this, with the way change is happening and our ideas aren't changing with the times and trends.

GnawtyDog

Banned
Fair game on someone's face? Cmon folks...we better than that here. Plus noone of you all want to miss some early february goodness too.

User 406

Banned
Eventually this is going to boil down to a two person race. It won't be much longer now before the field starts winnowing faster and we come down to the last two PoliGAFfers in the betting pool for the primaries who are still unbanned.

Diablos

Uh-oh. Political pressure will force Obama to sign it, destroying Democratic chances in 2016 and ushering in a two-term President Trump, who will personally sign the bill demolishing Diablos's house specifically.
There is a demolition crew outside, but I'm not leaving.

The police are knocking so loudly on my door...

Diablos

Trump is beyond legit now. He's going to be a formidable candidate in the GE.

Hillary has been making absolutely no hype whatsoever. The lack of enthusiasm on the Democratic side this cycle is just depressing and certainly cause for concern. This is not 2008, or even 2012.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Completely forgot it was NPD for the economy time! And this time it was a whopper:

The U.S. created 292,000 new jobs in December, as hiring sped up toward the end of the year. Economists polled by MarketWatch had expected a gain of 215,000 nonfarm jobs. The unemployment rate remained at 5%, largely because almost a half-million people joined the labor force.

Employment gains for November and October, meanwhile, were revised up by a combined 50,000, the Labor Department said Friday. The government said 252,000 new jobs were created in November instead of 211,000. October’s gain was raised to 307,000 from 298,000, marking the biggest increase of 2015.

In a surprise, average hourly wages paid to American workers fell a penny to $25.24. Still, hourly pay has risen 2.5% in the past 12 months, matching a six-and-a-half-year high. The amount of time people worked each week was unchanged at 34.5 hours. The labor-force participation rate rose a tick to 62.6%

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/us...nemployment-5-2016-01-08?mod=BreakingNewsMain

Pretty sure we've passed the 13 million mark with this report.

is this playing in the house?

Hillary has been making absolutely no hype whatsoever. The lack of enthusiasm on the Democratic side this cycle is just depressing and certainly cause for concern. This is not 2008, or even 2012.

Take a deep breath.. Think happy thoughts.

Here's one... The universe decided to turn Ryan Fitzpatrick back to a mere mortal and it enabled Pittsburgh to get in the playoffs..

How bout that one? Hmm.

HylianTom

Banned

Are you sure it's demolition men?

I heard a great story one time about an old lady whose home was condemned, and Robert Redford knocked at her door, beckoning her to go with him. He succeeded in convincing her, and her home got knocked down.

If he comes for you, DON'T GO! We need you for this cycle!

S3E081robertredford.jpg

====

And DAMN at that jobs report.

I do agree that a recession is in the mail for us. I just hope that it's not express mail. Ten months.

Daamn, 292,000 jobs in December. Looks like a good jobs report on the surface.

Adding 292K jobs is always good for the economy. Its like scoring 50 points in the NBA. Its good even if you take 30 shots.

It's interesting to see all this job creation parallel to the weakness in the markets that has been discussed here. I haven't commented on those posts because economic technicals are beyond me but it does seem possible that weakness in China, which is largely driving the commodities fall is bad for 'Wall Street', but good for 'Main Street' in that its giving consumers relief from pricing concerns. This is helping sustain consumption domestically even as the globe is weak.

Or maybe all of the companies doing this hiring aren't seeing the challenges coming up. Again, I don't have the expertise to say for sure but one thing I've seen with economics is that the systems involved are far too complex to make predictions with high degrees of confidence. That's why trained economists are having to revise their predictions so often.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck

Hillary is doing very well at not making mistakes, which is her only strategy right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom