• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015-2016 |OT3| If someone named PhoenixDark leaves your party, call the cops

Status
Not open for further replies.
The #SOTU speech is really boring, slow, lethargic - very hard to watch!

DJT_Headshot_V2_400x400.jpg

User1608

Banned
Well, that wasn't too bad really. I expected way worse. Definitely the signs of moderating the rhetoric from past responses. Hmm... Still bad of course.

Holy shit. Ted Cruz just said Hillary wants trump to be the nominee. That he got his birther stuff from super left wing lawyers that support Hillary.

Gloves are definitely off.

ivysaur12

Banned
Well, that wasn't too bad really. I expected way worse. Definitely the signs of moderating the rhetoric from past responses. Hmm... Still bad of course.

Haley was talking to Republicans as much as she was doing a response.

I mean, I disagree with her on her points on what Republicans would do to help the county because I reject the thesis of her party, but it was a good speech.

It's too bad that there isn't a version of that speech that's going to win the Republican nomination.

User1608

Banned
Trump and Cruz are making some weird bedfellows.

I just hope everyone takes Obama's remarks to heart.
Absolutely and hopefully.
Holy shit. Ted Cruz just said Hillary wants trump to be the nominee. That he got his birther stuff from super left wing lawyers that support Hillary.

Gloves are definitely off.
Ahahah. No longer a VP choice I guess.
Haley was talking to Republicans as much as she was doing a response.

I mean, I disagree with her on her points on what Republicans would do to help the county because I reject the thesis of her party, but it was a good speech.

It's too bad that there isn't a version of that speech that's going to win the Republican nomination.
Oh, I know. I totally wish there was such a version too. This party has to embrace more forward thinking. Whether or not Trump is the nominee, the party is going to go through a lot of growing pains the next decade or so.

FyreWulff

Like, a Republican dream ticket is Kasich/Haley. I don't get how they don't realize it.

Republican base has fully bought into the narrative that they're the silent majority, that if they can just force a True Conservative through the teeth of the Evil Establishment, they're a guaranteed success.

The more I see her talk, the more I'm convinced that she's secretly a genius. I've been thinking of buying one of her books just to really get into how she thinks.

I feel like reading a bunch of Ann Coulter's words would be a TERRIBLE way to tell how she thinks. She's a troll, pure and simple.

Wilsongt

Why the fuck is Fuckabee still a viable candidate?

Gov. Mike Huckabee
✔
@GovMikeHuckabee

Looks like @SpeakerRyan would rather chaperon a Six Flags field trip with El Chapo than listen to more of this speech. #SOTU
10:01 PM - 12 Jan 2016

Gov. Mike Huckabee
✔
@GovMikeHuckabee

Is it true @POTUS thought about doing this #SOTU without Congress? After all, he does everything else without them. #Constitution
9:07 PM - 12 Jan 2016

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/republican-presidential-candidate-livetweets-obamas-030902683.html

What a disgusting human being.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Why the fuck is Fuckabee still a viable candidate?

@GovMikeHuckabee

@POTUS says we should reject politics of tribalism during #SOTU. I don't have a dog in this fight, no seriously, because my son killed it. #imacuntface #chilicheesefries
9:07 PM - 12 Jan 2016
Seems a bit unhinged tonight.

Because McCain and Romney lost in back to back elections. They don't believe moderate candidates can win the WH.

They lost for more simple reasons. McCain had the illusion of old and the worst VP in modern history. Romney lost because he was out of touch and by being a conservative in the primaries had to run away from any accomplishments he had.

The other issue is they basically radicalized the right by convincing them Obama had a radical liberal agenda, so the only way to fight back was to go further right. You can't have candidates spend 6-12 months being hardcore conservative and 3-4 being a moderate trying to win then General.

ivysaur12

Banned
@DKElections: WOW: Democrat wins state Senate special election in 70% Romney seat in Oklahoma tonight dkel.ec/1mWDS9V

This is now the second special election in Oklahoma that Dems have won in safe R seats. This is not to say that Oklahoma is even tending blue, more just about the absurdity of it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom