• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015-2016 |OT3| If someone named PhoenixDark leaves your party, call the cops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makai

ERECT TED
ERECTED

0222-Supreme-Court-Ten-Commandments-texas.jpg

I found the federal budget tool

I was able to achieve $418b for 2015, which over the next 15 years for a total of $1.4t by (amount on left is for the year, amount on right is overall):

Although not entirely accurate, but it does give you a sense of where the money can come from. I was able to save a total of $1.4t by basically bringing back Clinton tax levels and whole bunch of other stuff that doesn't have a prayer in hell to pass the congress. Sanders needs to save 10 times as much as I did. It's impossible without bringing back FDR era income tax levels.

Those numbers aren't correct. The calculator is from 2010 before the fiscal cliff deal. So we already have added in the clinton level rates for individuals $400k+ and families $450k+. Going back to pure Clinton levels would only draw from $250-400k, which, while not insignificant, would be much smaller than what's listed there.

Bowdz

Holy shit I'm so goddamn happy right now. Shit is going to hit the fan tomorrow. If this helps Trump win Iowa, it is gg no re brahs.

Makai

http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-florida-mic-pay-2016-1

Real-estate tycoon Donald Trump blasted the unnamed "bastard" responsible for setting up a faulty sound system at a Wednesday-night campaign rally.

"And by the way, I don't like this mic," Trump said after criticizing US trade policy with China during his speech in Pensacola, Florida.

The Republican presidential front-runner then crudely instructed his staff to not pay the person responsible.

"Whoever the hell brought this mic system, don't pay the son of the b----," he said.

Trump added: "This mic is terrible. Stupid mic keeps popping. Do you hear that George? Don't pay him! Don't pay him. You know, I believe in paying, but when somebody does a bad job like this stupid mic, you shouldn't pay the bastard. Terrible. Terrible. It's true."

The billionaire businessman said he hoped the sound system was functioning for the packed crowd, but he kept hearing a "boom" sound.

"So we're not going to pay," he continued. "I guarantee you I'm not paying for this mic. Every two minutes I hear like, 'Boom! Boom!'"

Reporters covering the rally said they had difficulty understanding the candidate as well.

I think the DMR/Selzer numbers coming out in 6 hours are gonna be bad for Clinton, really bad. The way the campaign is acting, you know their internal polling is showing something.

Maybe I'm wrong but it just doesn't feel like it.

Is there a reason your healthcare costs are so high for universal?

Pretty much every other developed country has something which is a fraction of that per capita or per % GDP. Your health care costs seem hilarious inflated for some reason.

I.. Just..

Words.. What are they really? Adam, somebody help? Can you formulate a thought here because I honestly can't.

It's....it's just what we've come to. Really. That's all we can say. (And ya boy we got a coach!)

I think the DMR/Selzer numbers coming out in 6 hours are gonna be bad for Clinton, really bad. The way the campaign is acting, you know their internal polling is showing something.

Maybe I'm wrong but it just doesn't feel like it.

I agree, actually. They're not going to be good. I'm not sure they'll be terrible, but I doubt they'll be excellent news for John McCain.

And some people actually think Trump cares about them and is going to make their future better. Better polish his boots perfectly or no minimum wage for you!

Man of the people right there...

Like Trump would pay us minimum wage.

Is there a reason your healthcare costs are so high for universal?

Pretty much every other developed country has something which is a fraction of that per capita or per % GDP. Your health care costs seem hilarious inflated for some reason.

We're American. We always do things the most expensive bloated way possible.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
So I'm watching The Daily Show and Trevor Noah is interviewing Rand Paul. Like Larry Wilmore, Noah's grown on me. I don't think either are as good as their predecessors, but they've become enjoyable for the most part over time. Unfortunately, Noah doesn't seem to very knowledgeable about much. At least, that's the impression I got from the interview with Rand. He asks some good questions, but doesn't really follow up with rebuttals. I don't think he knows the actual material well, like Jon Stewart did.

Of course, this is what I saw that was aired on T.V. Maybe the extended interview is better.

ABHOR TED

ABHORTED

I like this.

HylianTom

Banned
I think the Cruz news tonight might've triggered something.

I don't think I ever would've seen the day where Cruz's devotion to the cause was questioned, but now, here we are.

Check out the FreeRepublic reaction thread:
Cruz: 2012 Disclosure Should Have Noted Goldman Sachs Loan

There are still plenty of supporters - a sizeable portion. But people are now comfortable voicing attacks and criticism of him on FreeRepublic. That's jaw-dropping.

Trump won't use the Goldman-Sachs stuff until the debate. No reason to give Cruz the benefit of knowing how he will attack or if he will.

"Hey look Ted, I like you, you're a great guy, but you took money from Wall Street. Period. It happened. And your wife worked for them. I don't have to take a loan. I've made enough money to never have to take a loan for a campaign. And if I did take a loan, I wouldn't hide it. And I wouldn't ask Melania to get it for me.'

Also.

ABORT TED

ABORTED

Holmes

I had never seen this clip before. Now I'm more annoyed with Hillary attacking Bernie's single payer system.
Clinton's attacks here are clumsy but she's not attacking single payer. She's attacking Bernie's plan to get rid of what we have now, in favor of universal health care... being administered by individual state governments. And we saw how that worked out in Republican states with Obamacare. So while it's great for states like New Hampshire or California with Democratic governors, states with Republican governors are fucked. She's also pushing him to releasing his plan to pay for the $15 trillion price tag, because he promised his paid leave plan was the only one in which he would raise taxes on the middle class, but with such a high price tag, well...

Listen, Clinton supports single payer, as do many other Democratic legislators, as well as free tuition, but they're not so naive to promise things that can't be accomplished. The 2009/2010 Obamacare shenanigans weren't that long ago. Do you forget? Sanders is appealing to people's emotions but he's just letting them dream. It's naive.

So what are the odds that Democrats (especially Sanders) win if we keep hearing about terrorist attacks somewhere in the world every month leading up to the election? November was Paris, December was San Bernardino, and now January is Jakarta.

Wilsongt

Can't say I am surprised at all at the huge backlash Haley is getting for not going full crazy in her response last night.

The GOP is murdering her.

So what are the odds that Democrats (especially Sanders) win if we keep hearing about terrorist attacks somewhere in the world every month leading up to the election? November was Paris, December was San Bernardino, and now January is Jakarta.

Thats worrisome, yeah. If ISIS makes a move, even in Europe, people will cry for a hawkish leader. Is it too late to get off of Mr. Sanders wild ride?

Anyway, we will get the Setzer poll in exaclty 5 hours.

Setting up my alarm rn.

daedalius

Clinton's attacks here are clumsy but she's not attacking single payer. She's attacking Bernie's plan to get rid of what we have now, in favor of universal health care... being administered by individual state governments. And we saw how that worked out in Republican states with Obamacare. So while it's great for states like New Hampshire or California with Democratic governors, states with Republican governors are fucked. She's also pushing him to releasing his plan to pay for the $15 trillion price tag, because he promised his paid leave plan was the only one in which he would raise taxes on the middle class, but with such a high price tag, well...

Listen, Clinton supports single payer, as do many other Democratic legislators, as well as free tuition, but they're not so naive to promise things that can't be accomplished. The 2009/2010 Obamacare shenanigans weren't that long ago. Do you forget? Sanders is appealing to people's emotions but he's just letting them dream. It's naive.

She definitely seems to be going about telling people his plan has little chance of success (or implementation in red states at all) the wrong way

Maybe a bit less hyperbole would serve her well

Makai

Trump won't use the Goldman-Sachs stuff until the debate. No reason to give Cruz the benefit of knowing how he will attack or if he will.

"Hey look Ted, I like you, you're a great guy, but you took money from Wall Street. Period. It happened. And your wife worked for them. I don't have to take a loan. I've made enough money to never have to take a loan for a campaign. And if I did take a loan, I wouldn't hide it. And I wouldn't ask Melania to get it for me.'
That's good. Fox Business moderators better not get in the way of the smackdowns.

Holmes

She definitely seems to be going about telling people his plan has little chance of success (or implementation in red states at all) the wrong way

Maybe a bit less hyperbole would serve her well
I think so too. But she can't really get much traction until he reveals his full plan and how he'd pay for it. Which he might not even do before Iowa now. lol

Trump is probably better off using the media to attack Cruz on this like he has with the birther stuff instead of in a debate where Cruz will have a prepared and practiced response to give to it. It's pretty easy to imagine Trump flubbing it with poor timing or delivery and Cruz being able to brush it off.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Trump is probably better off using the media to attack Cruz on this like he has with the birther stuff instead of in a debate where Cruz will have prepared and practiced response to give to it.

The problem with trying to prepare for Trump is that he's too quick on his feet and you can never be sure which way the hit is coming from. Plus there's no defense here, Cruz literally broke campaign finance laws by not disclosing the loan and is a straight hypocrite on the issue.

The problem with trying to prepare for Trump is that he's too quick on his feet and you can never be sure which way the hit is coming from. Plus there's no defense here, Cruz literally broke campaign finance laws by not disclosing the loan and is a straight hypocrite on the issue.

Well Cruz will lie about it of course. And we have seen how easy it is to lie and get away with it in these debate formats.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Well Cruz will lie about it of course. And we have seen how easy it is to lie and get away with it in these debate formats.

Do you really think Trump would let it go that easy? Or anyone else up there for that matter? Cruz is the most hated guy in the party, Rubio especially hates him. You think he won't want to join in on the beat down?

The establishment will want a one-on-one fight with Trump, they need Cruz gone for that to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom