• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015-2016 |OT3| If someone named PhoenixDark leaves your party, call the cops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makai

I got in at 23 on Trup but then I ended up selling it off to have fun in the other markets. Got back in at like 35 I think. Whatevs.

Predictit's numbers are symptomatic of a market where the balance of participants is skewed in a certain direction. In this case it would be young liberals. Other markets are more balanced in that regard which is why they are much more realistic about Sanders chances.

Makai

Trump was talking about Boeing building plants in China to sell planes to China, and he was right. He didn't say all Boeing planes, he specifically referred to planes for the chinese market

http://www.wsj.com/articles/boeing-plans-new-deal-in-china-1442955334

though I am not surprised he failed to mention it is mostly due to his party's opposition to ex-im
Thanks. It doesn't even matter, though. Trump could have said the Sun revolved around the Earth and still won that exchange.

Wilsongt

Carson's logical leaps are something.

http://www.free-times.com/news/the-gop-takes-on-poverty-011316

Then there was retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson, who told the assembled well-heeled crowd that he supports a “completely flat tax” and opposes tax credits.

“Any kind of manipulation of the tax system for whatever reason I don’t think is a good idea,” Carson said.

“The real answer to poverty is not government but the private sector,” Carson said, arguing that a reduced corporate tax rate would bring businesses home from overseas to invest in poor people.

He added that the private sector, unlike government, can help prevent out-of-wedlock births (and thus poverty) by sending women the right messages.

“You don’t have to give yourself away to the first person that comes along talking about, ‘You have pretty eyes,’” Carson said. “And Jesus Christ died for your sins. You can’t get that message when it’s government.”

...wat?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Depending on how he does in the upcoming primaries I might cash out after Super Tuesday. If he has a commanding lead by then I'll stay in.

I've got a small enough amount in that I feel ok riding it out, unless I read a loss and can react before the market, but if I were in it as deep as some of you guys I'd be checking hourly at this point.

The fact that I just got an email from James Carville with the phrase "tighter than a rattlesnake stuck in a drain pipe" is giving me all kinds of life to day. In fact, I'm donating just in the hopes I get more of his folksy wisdom sent to my inbox everyday .

tumblr_maodh43IPh1qe3p9bo1_500.gif

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The fact that I just got an email from James Carville with the phrase "tighter than a rattlesnake stuck in a drain pipe" is giving me all kinds of life to day. In fact, I'm donating just in the hopes I get more of his folksy wisdom sent to my inbox everyday .

tumblr_maodh43IPh1qe3p9bo1_500.gif

I miss him, I loved watching him say that sort of shit on CNN. I'd buy a calendar with Carville-isms on it in a heartbeat.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I got 50 on the Emperor King and 50 on Hillda. Kinda got late in the game but w/e.

I did the same thing, you're getting more for your money with the Clinton bet than I did though. I wish I had jumped in with a Trump bet in September though, god I could have made all the money.

Diablos

Anyone know why Clinton is only at 66c on PredictIt for winning the primary? Seems absurdly low... Unless there's something I'm missing.
Because she hasn't learned a fucking thing since 2007. She should be ashamed of herself. This is embarrassing. I'm embarrassed to be a Democrat right now. Trump and co. are absolutely mauling our politics and national debate in ways I've never seen and Democrats have NOTHING to counter it. Fucking nothing. Well, they have Obama but he can't run again now can he.

Biden, please find a way to jump in. It'll look pathetic but we will forgive you. If not I don't think Hillary has an easy WH win anymore. Thus, time to Diablos.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Because she hasn't learned a fucking thing since 2007. She should be ashamed of herself. This is embarrassing. I'm embarrassed to be a Democrat right now. Trump and co. are absolutely mauling our politics and national debate in ways I've never seen and Democrats have NOTHING to counter it. Fucking nothing. Well, they have Obama but he can't run again now can he.

Biden, please find a way to jump in. It'll look pathetic but we will forgive you. If not I don't think Hillary has an easy WH win anymore. Thus, time to Diablos.

I was wondering when this would start, I missed this :lol

SmokeMaxX

She wants Trump to win, so why should she absolutely destroy him now? Doesn't make sense.

When your enemy is making a mistake, do not interrupt him.

pigeon

Banned

As a father, the point of that joke is obviously that everybody says their grandchild is super smart but Hillary thinks her grandchild IS ACTUALLY super smart.

I have made that exact joke multiple times about my (superintelligent) daughter. I am surprised that there aren't any middle-aged parents in the Bernie camp to explain the joke!

As a father, the point of that joke is obviously that everybody says their grandchild is super smart but Hillary thinks her grandchild IS ACTUALLY super smart.

I have made that exact joke multiple times about my (superintelligent) daughter. I am surprised that there aren't any middle-aged parents in the Bernie camp to explain the joke!

That's because everyone in the Bernie camp is too young to be parents, natch
/s

While I think Clinton will be our next president, I do wonder what the Dem primary would look like without her and her long and somewhat controversial political history. Would we be heading towards a Sanders sweep or would someone charismatic, well-funded, and well-connected like Senator Gillibrand be heading towards the win?

NeoXChaos

I was wondering when this would start and its finally here. It's going to be a fun year.

Biden would have fulfilled the role Hillary is taking.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
While I think Clinton will be our next president, I do wonder what the Dem primary would look like without her and her long and somewhat controversial political history. Would we be heading towards a Sanders sweep or would someone charismatic, well-funded, and well-connected poltician like Senator Gillibrand be heading towards the win?

A lot more people would have jumped in, I think we can guarantee that. Might be a cycle too early for Gillibrand, but I definitely hope she makes a run because she's great.

While I think Clinton will be our next president, I do wonder what the Dem primary would look like without her and her long and somewhat controversial political history. Would we be heading towards a Sanders sweep or would someone charismatic, well-funded, and well-connected politician like Senator Gillibrand be heading towards the win?

No, someone else would have jumped in. Biden definitely would have been in, and someone who could pull the Establishment strings would have been in as well. Warren has said she has no desire to be President, but I can imagine a non-Hillary world in which she thought she had the numbers to win. Gillibrand may have jumped in. O'Malley might have gained more traction.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
No, someone else would have jumped in. Biden definitely would have been in, and someone who could pull the Establishment strings would have been in as well. Warren has said she has no desire to be President, but I can imagine a non-Hillary world in which she thought she had the numbers to win. Gillibrand may have jumped in. O'Malley might have gained more traction.

Biden wouldn't have been in it, the death of Beau would have seen to that. He needed to be jumping in around the time Beau died, even if Hillary had stayed out of it the timing just never worked for him. Which is a damn shame on many fronts, one of which being that Beau was being groomed for a run in the future and was basically Joe 2.0 with none of the drawbacks of his dad.

While I think Clinton will be our next president, I do wonder what the Dem primary would look like without her and her long and somewhat controversial political history. Would we be heading towards a Sanders sweep or would someone charismatic, well-funded, and well-connected like Senator Gillibrand be heading towards the win?

If this was the typical open primary, without Hillary or Biden, Sanders would be getting the 10% left wing vote, while the rest of the vote would be split up between folks like Cuomo, Hicklenlooper, Gillibrand, Amy Kloubacher, etc, etc.

Biden would've been the strongest contender, and while the man is a gaffee machine, he's also perceived as charismatic. Biden with the backing of the Obama machine would most likely be able to shut down Bernie, in spite of the man's politics. He's far more center than hills, so obv the blue dogs would favour him. Add the recent loss of a child, and heck, dude would fare very well indeed.

Would also suggest that he's the best man to take on Trump on a style over substance debate, fwiw

Biden wouldn't have been in it, the death of Beau would have seen to that. He needed to be jumping in around the time Beau died, even if Hillary had stayed out of it the timing just never worked for him.

Eh, I think he would have, honestly. If there were 2-3 establishment people in there splitting the vote, he may have thought he could come in and unify that base. I think his refusal to run was both the lateness AND the fact that Hillary had everyone he would have needed all sewn up. I'm not sure he would have won, but I think he'd have given it a go.

ivysaur12

Banned
hahahaahahahahaah

http://nation.foxnews.com/2016/01/15/why-liberals-are-foaming-mouth-over-new-york-values

By Todd Starnes, Fox Nation

Donald Trump and the Mainstream Media are foaming at the mouth over the comment Senator Ted Cruz made about New York values.

Now, all of us folks who are not New York City liberals know exactly what Senator Cruz was talking about -- and it had nothing to do with the aftermath of 9-11.

Senator Cruz was talking about cultural and political values.

Duck Dynasty values versus Bill de Blasio values.

He was referring to the permissive New York values celebrating public debauchery that would make the citizens of Sodom and Gomorrah blush. Just ask the families from the Heartland who’ve been accosted by topless women in Times Square.

Remember Occupy Wall Street -- turning public parks into human cesspools - people defecating on police cars? He was talking about those values, too.

Along with the values that propelled citizens into the streets to justify violence against police officers.

Senator Cruz was talking about the values that banned churches from public spaces and relegated Christians to second class citizens.

He was referring to the values that let a candidate says he's a pro-abortion Democrat one day and a pro-life Republican the next -- the kind of values that would compel someone to use a national tragedy like 9-11 to score cheap political points.

You see - in that land New Yorkers like to call fly-over country - character counts. A man's word matters.

Those are the values Senator Cruz was talking about.

LOLOLOLOL

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Eh, I think he would have, honestly. If there were 2-3 establishment people in there splitting the vote, he may have thought he could come in and unify that base. I think his refusal to run was both the lateness AND the fact that Hillary had everyone he would have needed all sewn up. I'm not sure he would have won, but I think he'd have given it a go.

If we lived in a world where Beau never died and Hillary never ran, I think the nomination would have become Biden's to lose.

He got paid to write this?

FOXNation, so I seriously doubt it.

Ted Cruz Failed to Report a Second Campaign Loan in 2012

The Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz, already facing scrutiny for not disclosing a Goldman Sachs loan he used for his 2012 Senate campaign, also failed to disclose a second loan, from Citibank, for the same race, according to a letter he sent Thursday to federal election officials.

The one-page letter said that the “underlying source” of money for a series of personal loans Mr. Cruz made to his Senate campaign in Texas included both bank loans, which totaled as much as $1 million. Both loans were “inadvertently omitted” from the required filings, the letter said. Previously, Mr. Cruz has only acknowledged using the loan from Goldman for his campaign.

ivysaur12

Banned
I sort of hate that Hillary gets shit on for changing her views on gay marriage, but we've just forgotten that Obama and Bernie did the same thing.

I sort of hate that Hillary gets shit on for changing her views on gay marriage, but we've just forgotten that Obama and Bernie did the same thing.
It's the price you pay being in the political spot long for so long. She and Bill were against it for a lot longer in the eyes of the public even if they weren't in reality. Bernie and Obama switched on it but, at least with Obama he flipped around on it relatively quickly in comparison to what people saw with Hillary

Holmes

Me too, and I sort of think it's a subtle sexism thing. The goal post is always pushed back when it comes to her, her views, her accomplishments, and it's generally always men who are doing it. It's something that women go through a lot and we're really seeing it on a larger scale here because Hillary is running for the highest office in the country. I also think that if Hillary doesn't win this then there won't be a female President for at least another generation.

Am I a bad person for never having played a Metal Gear game?

They were fun to play as a teenager, but it's kinda eye rolling going back to them. I remember having deep discussions with friends about who the Patriots are.

If you want to play one, definitely play MGS3 (the one that image is from). It has the GOAT theme song. God, just listen to that.

That Fear image just has me picturing Cruz running around saying "Ted Cruz!" like the Fear does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom