• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015-2016 |OT3| If someone named PhoenixDark leaves your party, call the cops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheebo

Banned
You're talking to a Marxist. Please try to remember that. I'm not on your team. Your team has sucked for 40 years.

It's like the unions that have leaders who are really part of management now. Now I doubt that Bernie will take a stance against unions, but he might be critical of the unions that have sided against him. Similarly, he will be critical of liberal organizations that line up against him.
Humor me, what has planned parenthood done that "sucked"?

Holmes

If it's one thing that sets Sanders apart from other politicians, it's that he'd unable to give non-answers and it leads to foot in mouth syndrome more often than not.

What's your opinion on Bill Clinton? "His actions were a disgrace. But enough of that, this is about the issues!

What do you think of HRC and PP endorsing Clinton? "Who cares? Establishment!"

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
start on February 1st and end a few weeks after Hillary gets the nod.

-this way you can skip all the anger, vitriol, disgust, c-word, b-word throwing over the course of the primaries.
They way people in here depict Bernie supporters disgusts me. You make us out to be hateful, misogynists...so Republicans.

EDIT: I'm just kidding, it's not fair to generalize Republicans.

CCS

Banned
I've just remembered why I dislike Marxism so much. It always seems to devolve into the argument that since capitalism and ownership of property is bad, anything that is done to address issues that doesn't involve abolishing capitalism and existing power structures is pointless. It's one of the most blatant cases of the perfect solution fallacy in political discussion.

ISIS cutting fighter salaries in half:

http://www.vox.com/2016/1/20/10798476/isis-salary-cut

I've just remembered why I dislike Marxism so much. It always seems to devolve into the argument that since capitalism and ownership of property is bad, anything that is done to address issues that doesn't involve abolishing capitalism and existing power structures is pointless. It's one of the most blatant cases of the perfect solution fallacy in political discussion.

New Atheists have it bad as well (religion is the cause of literally all of society's ills)... But Marxists do bring out good examples too.

CCS

Banned
I've just caught up on the whole Trump/Palin thing. Please tell me this is a joke. You're about to reveal to the rest of the world that this is the most elaborate prank in history, right? Right?

I've just caught up on the whole Trump/Palin thing. Please tell me this is a joke. You're about to reveal to the rest of the world that this is the most elaborate prank in history, right? Right?

She was a no show at Trump's event today, so maybe it was all a joke.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I wish it were. We haven't even reached peak comedy yet.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Trump supporters think Japanese internment was a good idea and that Islam should be banned, you can stop trying to pretend this is anything else.

Listen to what he says and consider that the most reductive answer that reinforces your moral superiority over people not in your tribe may not explain everything about Trump.

Oh good. There's still hope for humanity then :p

lol I love that Trump Chrome plug-in.

She didn't show? Thought the Tulsa event was a noon

There was an Iowa rally today I guess. She's still expected to show up at the Tulsa rally.

The billionaire businessman touted Palin's support, as well as some setbacks facing his main rival, Sen. Ted Cruz, describing Tuesday as "a good day for Trump." But Palin, who was expected to campaign alongside her new political ally Wednesday, was a no show at the Iowa rally. A campaign spokeswoman did not immediately respond to questions about why she was not in attendance.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/740f...lin-trump-would-let-our-warriors-do-their-job

CNN hosting Iowa townhall monday night for the dem candidates.

Edit: DWS' attempts to shove the democratic debates in the broom closet wont be for long.

Ya, that Bernie "PP and HRC are Endorsement so who cares" thing was gross. Like, legitimately gross. There was a simple answer out of that that wouldn't make him look bitter. He didn't take it. So under the bus with them, I say.

Also, scary conservative lady that I interviewed with offered me a job. As long as I never have to see her Bush/Cheney sign again, I think I'm taking it.

NeoXChaos

Ya, that Bernie "PP and HRC are Endorsement so who cares" thing was gross. Like, legitimately gross. There was a simple answer out of that that wouldn't make him look bitter. He didn't take it. So under the bus with them, I say.

Also, scary conservative lady that I interviewed with offered me a job. As long as I never have to see her Bush/Cheney sign again, I think I'm taking it.

what happened to that other job you were elated for getting?

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Since people were talking about how liberal past presidents were, figure I'd pull this out:
koeze-demdebate-ideology.png

Hmm, Rubio basically can't speak in anything other than talking points so I think it will probably end up being Jeb or Kasich for their endorsement.

edit: Thank you for finding that, Human, been searching for that for a while.

Jim Webb as more liberal than LBJ is interesting...

show up to work in the yass hillary shirt :D

Trump? Only if the editor-in-chief has lost his mind.

There's no way they endorse Trump.

heheh im expecting an amazing heel turn

Hmm, Rubio basically can't speak in anything other than talking points so I think it will probably end up being Jeb or Kasich for their endorsement.

edit: Thank you for finding that, Human, been searching for that for a while.

Jim Webb as more liberal than LBJ is interesting...

He's getting boosted by his fundraising statements, if I'm reading that right. In terms of policy he seems to be firmly on LBJ's right.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
It doesn't say that in the second link...

Agreed, no idea where he got that from.

Young people living with HIV have the right to:

express and enjoy their sexuality
decide if, when, and how to disclose their HIV status
experience sexual pleasure
take care of their sexual health
practise safer sex
choose if, when, how many, and with whom to have children
access support and services that respect their dignity, autonomy, privacy and well-being

There is a caveat - this is not the Planned Parenthood of the US; it is basically the branch above them (US Planned Parenthood is a sub-branch of the international one). So the US based sub-branch could disagree with them. I just remember being a little surprised that the international branch even suggested that withholding HIV status should be a right - seeing as it might be a crime in the US itself.

PBY

Banned
There is a caveat - this is not the Planned Parenthood of the US; it is basically the branch above them (US Planned Parenthood is a sub-branch of the international one). So the US based sub-branch could disagree with them. I just remember being a little surprised that the international branch even suggested that withholding HIV status should be a right - seeing as it might be a crime in the US itself.

Yeah, that's not a right (I know that there are progressive stances on this indicating otherwise, I totally disagree but am open to revising my opinion upon further info).

edit: Also, I'm waaay over this Hillary v Bernie stuff, truly. And I don't really have a preference for one or the other.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Yeah, that's not a right (I know that there are progressive stances on this indicating otherwise, I totally disagree but am open to revising my opinion upon further info).

edit: Also, I'm waaay over this Hillary v Bernie stuff, truly. And I don't really have a preference for one or the other.

I think it's a right insofar as it does not affect others. It's a medical condition and it should be covered by privacy laws like any other. With the caveat that you should have to tell prospective partners since its a severe health risk.

PBY

Banned
I think it's a right insofar as it does not affect others. It's a medical condition and it should be covered by privacy laws like any other. With the caveat that you should have to tell prospective partners since its a severe health risk.
Does anyone disagree with the bolded though?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

That says nothing about not telling someone you're going to sleep with, they mean in daily life. Being HIV+ comes with a lot of baggage so if you don't want to tell someone that you don't have to, you shouldn't be forced to. You're reading more into it than is actually there.

sangreal

I thought for sure that if I read the full presentation there would be some caveat, but alas...

gPqHg4q.png

That says nothing about not telling someone you're going to sleep with, they mean in daily life. Being HIV+ comes with a lot of baggage so if you don't want to tell someone that you don't have to, you shouldn't be forced to. You're reading more into it than is actually there.

see above. I thought the same, but they are pretty clearly including sexual partners

Cybit

FGC Waterboy

I thought for sure that if I read the full presentation there would be some caveat, but alas...

gPqHg4q.png

see above. I thought the same, but they are pretty clearly including sexual partners

Sangreal beat me to it. As I said - I am not sure PP in the US endorses this stance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom