• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015-2016 |OT3| If someone named PhoenixDark leaves your party, call the cops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump probably told her to start with her greatest hits and build from there.

Sopan Deb actually just put out an article today about Trump rallies and compares them to concerts, "greatests hits" and all.

While no two speeches are completely alike, Trump has his greatest hits - and often, the crowds react as they might to Bruce Springsteen. When Trump opens speeches with a riff castigating the Iranian nuclear deal, he's just getting warmed up. When Trump says he's going to "repeal and replace Obamacare" - that's Trump's "Born To Run" - the crowd roars appreciatively. Getting rid of Common Core is Trump's "Thunder Road." Over time, Trump's rallies have become more uniform - and even a bit more disciplined.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/life-inside-of-a-donald-trump-rally/

Trump at 49% on Predictit

Me checking PredictIt just now:
vc5sq9I.gif

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Nuu

Banned
Well, I'm basing my throwing people under the bus based on his supporters, who we always hear don't reflect Bernie. Here, though, is a perfect example of how they do, in fact, reflect on him as a candidate. We've seen it over and over and over again. The Unions that endorse Hillary are nothing but sellouts. It's only the pure, liberal unions who endorse Bernie. Bernie has never once come out in support of any organization that his most vocal supporters have attacked. In politics, you have to do the "Planned Parenthood is a great organization. I can't wait to work with them as President" even if they don't endorse you. It's just common sense, let alone good politics. .

I still think you are over-exaggerating. You literally are using ONE example Bernie has done and keep referencing his more extreme supporters (who in the major GAF threads represent maybe half a dozen people). This really sounds like wanting to find a question that could possibly suit an explanation.

As to the "it's only online," naw. Few months ago, my ex and I went around door to door canvassing for the mayoral race. I had a Hillary shirt and pin on. We asked for soft support for primary candidates. I was Bernsplained to more than once. One very lovely man berated us for not realizing that as gay men we should 100% Feel the Bern. We have a girl who is a hardcore Bernie fan who is completely....she's very passionate. We've never seen her before this year. I'm guessing we'll never see her again.

So my frustrations are not just based on real life. I'm used to internet activists. It's all good. The reason I want to see it stop is not because there's a chance, a very small chance, that Bernie could be our nominee. If this shit goes on in the GE, we're even more screwed than we'd already be.
Exactly you go door to door campaigning for people. Unless you are in a college dorm you aren't going to randomly walk somewhere and have people try and make you "feel the Bern". I had far more experiences with Hillary supporters in 2008 being angry at "the black supporting Obama because he is black" then anything from Bernie supporters, and even that was very rare.

Armaros

I still think you are overexaggerating. You literally are using ONE example Bernie has done and keep referencing his more extreme supporters (who in the major GAF threads represent maybe half a dozen people).

Exactly you go door to door campaigning for people. Unless you are in a college dorm you aren't going to randomly walk somewhere and have people try and make you "feel the Bern". I had far more experiences with Hillary supporters in 2008 being angry at "the black supporting Obama because he is black" then anything from Bernie supporters, and even that was very rare.

Your first paragraph completely goes against your second paragraph.

You are discounting his ancedote yet using your own anecdote to say Hilary supports were worse...

I still think you are overexaggerating. You literally are using ONE example Bernie has done and keep referencing his more extreme supporters (who in the major GAF threads represent maybe half a dozen people).

It's also what people like Barney Frank have said about him in Congress. It's based on the fact that he has been fairly ineffective at building coalitions outside of his white, liberal block of voters. It's reflected in the fact his campaign broke the rules and then sued the party he's trying to lead. The pieces are all there. This stuff is glue that brings it all together. When you have a reputation for something, earned or not, you have to make sure you don't turn that perception into a reality. It's this kind of shit his campaign has been so, so bad at. I've been willing to blame Devine for most of this. But I think it's really reflective of him just as much as it is the idiots he hired.

(Sorry I have nothing nice to say about Deviine.)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's also what people like Barney Frank have said about him in Congress. It's based on the fact that he has been fairly ineffective at building coalitions outside of his white, liberal block of voters. It's reflected in the fact his campaign broke the rules and then sued the party he's trying to lead. The pieces are all there. This stuff is glue that brings it all together. When you have a reputation for something, earned or not, you have to make sure you don't turn that perception into a reality. It's this kind of shit his campaign has been so, so bad at. I've been willing to blame Devine for most of this. But I think it's really reflective of him just as much as it is the idiots he hired.

I'm not aware of this. Link?

NeoXChaos

What about Devine?

Kyosaiga

Banned
I honestly can't wait for all the salty reactions once reality sits in and Bernie loses. Just the way super delegates are distributed among individual counties should've told any of his supporters he was fucked from day 1. But alas we must weather the Bern

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I never made a list. You are going to have to go through the last two OT's to look for them.

Then how do you have all of that stuff? Did you memorize it? I just wanted to copy and paste it into a post below the OP so we could all laugh at the losers after it's all said and done.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I am still blown away by how bad that Rubio plan is. That rivals the Giuliani "You know what? Screw every state but Florida!" plan.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

danwarb

Not much among his base because they're less affected by PP and HRC than Hillary's base. But among undecideds, women, women of color, it might have a bigger effect.

Bernie just needs to get his positions and policy ideas out. People served by PP would be much better off with Sanders too. He's doing a decent job so far looking at the recent polls.

I'm not aware of this. Link?

Ya, the one Neo posted was one of them. But I am like 99% sure that there was nother story where Frank said that Bernie just knows he's always 100% right on everything. It may not have been Frank. Could have been someone else, but I thought it was Frank. I can't find it, so maybe I made it up somehow.

What about Devine?

He's an idiot. A complete and total idiot. He's shit at his job. He should feel bad. In fact, nearly everyone Bernie hired is just awful. Weaver needs punched in the face. Hard. I get that Bernie didn't have a lot of choice. I find it interesting he picked people that are establishment, though. I guess as long as the establishment people support him, then that's the good part of the establishment. (And ya, I know he wouldn't want a total outsider to try and help him navigate the primary system. He's never done it before, since, you know, not a Democrat.

ivysaur12

Banned
NC numbers look a lot like '12:

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/...aining-in-nc-clinton-maintains-huge-lead.html

Republicans are favored for the general election in North Carolina, although the match ups are close. Marco Rubio does the best against Hillary Clinton, leading her by 5 at 47/42. Carson leads Clinton 47/44, Cruz leads her 46/43, and Bush and Trump each have 45/43 advantages. The GOP field all leads Bernie Sanders as well- it's a 43/38 advantage for Cruz, 44/40 for Carson, 43/39 for Rubio, 45/43 for Trump, and 42/41 for Bush.

There we go! Thank you. I couldn't find that for the life of me. I was Googling every combination of "Frank" and "Sanders" I could come up with!

The best part is when you keep reading:

"His holier than thou attitude-saying in a very loud voice he is smarter than everyone else and purer than everyone else- really undercuts his effectiveness," said Frank.

"To him, anybody who disagrees with him is a crook; there are no honest disagreements with people. Bernie's view of the world is that the great majority of the people agree with him on all the isuses and othe only reason he does not win is that the Congress is crooked."

"Being an independent makes you less influential, " said Frank. "He exacerbates that by how he is an independent."

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Barney Frank is a tool. If he wants to support Hillary that's fine, but writing an op-ed that Bernie supporters should vote for Hillary so she's stronger in the general election was undemocratic and another defending taking money from Wall Street without explicating mentioning her, but obviously done in her defense, was sleazy.

Barney Frank is a tool. If he wants to support Hillary that's fine, but writing an op-ed that Bernie supporters should vote for Hillary so she's stronger in the general election was undemocratic and another defending taking money from Wall Street without explicating mentioning her, but obviously done in her defense, was sleazy.

The news paper article I was referencing was the one Yellowtail posted. It's from 1991.

PBY

Banned

On the heels of Trump's most crushing cruz slander:
“He said with him being a Canadian citizen, ‘Oh, I didn’t know that.’ How did he not know that?” Trump questioned. “Then he said with the loans, ‘Oh, I didn’t know that.’ Smart guy. He doesn’t know that? Yeah, that’s worse than Hillary, when you think about it.”
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/trump-cruz-worse-than-hillary-218018#ixzz3xoqc5TqX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom