• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015-2016 |OT3| If someone named PhoenixDark leaves your party, call the cops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holmes

193553_5_.jpg

Missing the best one.
That's my abuela :)

Drunk af watchiing a band mangle.walking like ahurricane. Which apparebtly is rocking like a hurricane.

Yall gereat btw

(Hoping i posted this in poligaf)

Id be ok with VP Booker.

Can't wait for that Booker-Harris ticket in eight years.

Some rumor was that Obama was willing to give Biden his support for a presidential run as long as he picked a black VP. I think he takes his legacy very seriously.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
193553_5_.jpg

Missing the best one.

Went to a fundraiser dinner with HRC many years ago - she stopped by the table and made like 10 minutes of small talk (one of the people at the table was a big fundraiser) - she's awesomely relatable if you like nerding out about policy, history, and cause and long-term effect of said policy, and also, holy shit that woman can drink.

Makai

Bam Bam said a while ago that PredictIt's userbase skewed heavily liberal, causing Bernie to be overvalued in their markets. However, Trump has been only 5-10 points behind Hillary in the election market recently. I don't understand.

ivysaur12

Banned
Bam Bam said a while ago that PredictIt's userbase skewed heavily liberal, causing Bernie to be overvalued in their markets. However, Trump has been only 5-10 points behind Hillary in the election market recently. I don't understand.

Trump has pretty much solidified his lead while Democrats are, now, running a more contentious primary.

Time for another round of "Bernie fans are Trump fans."

Tyler Holan, an 18-year-old sophomore, said he was supporting Donald J. Trump, but then he heard that Ms. Lovato was opening for Mrs. Clinton. “Demi is cool. She’s got my vote,” he said.
I want to know the gaf handle of this chump.
Nate Weger, a 20-year-old sophomore majoring in mechanical engineering, said he had seen both Democrats and was supporting Mr. Sanders. “Hillary seems to be kind of holding back,” he said. “Bernie seems a lot more honest when he talks.”

But, he added of Thursday night’s rally, “It was easy to come and Demi is here.”
Ok, popgaf is really out of control.

Too many liberals betting on Bernie means Clinton is undervalued compared to other markets.

Zeke

I'm wary of the "a hispanic VP will win hispanic votes" strategy. Especially given that Julian Castro doesn't speak spanish. Idunno, maybe I'm just not really impressed with the guy.

This pick is out of left field, but I think Eric Garcetti (mayor of Los Angeles) isn't a bad option. He's young and has been a pretty solid mayor for the city, as far as I can tell. His wikipedia page doesn't seem to bring up any real scandals and my experience in the city suggests that he's been pretty proactive and forward thinking. Plus, he's responsible for this gem:
As an SA native and someone who voted for Castro multiple times I can say he's very well liked. His story is very relateable to many latinos that have traveled similar paths. Castro was very forward thinking he pushed pre-k for SA initiative and won voter approval for a tax increase to fund it. He also setup cafe college which helps students from middle school to high school better prepare for college offering resources like test prep materials, advising services. They also offer transfer services and helping students come back to school after being out for whatever reasons they may have had. He also lead SA 2020 Which was a process of where does our city want be in 2020 and how to best meet those goals based on citizen input via public forums. He was also a big part of SA becoming a Google fiber city as was his brother. Please don't discount him because "he doesn't speak Spanish!"

watershed

Banned
As an SA native and someone who voted for Castro multiple times I can say he's very well liked. His story is very relateable to many latinos that have traveled similar paths. Castro was very forward thinking he pushed pre-k for SA initiative and won voter approval for a tax increase to fund it. He also setup cafe college which helps students from middle school to high school better prepare for college offering resources like test prep materials, advising services. They also offer transfer services and helping students come back to school after being out for whatever reasons they may have had. He also lead SA 2020 Which was a process of where does our city want be in 2020 and how to best meet those goals based on citizen input via public forums. He was also a big part of SA becoming a Google fiber city as was his brother. Please don't discount him because "he doesn't speak Spanish!"

Yeah Castro has a good story and huge potential. But (if tapped) will he be ready for the national stage (not just a keynote at the DNC) but the actual process of being part of a national election? If he is tapped, he will be tested big time.

Yeah, but Trump is in the 30s. That seems way too high.

Predictit is living in a world where Trump is in the 50s for GOP nominee. The other markets still don't value him that highly. If he becomes the presumptive nominee for sure then the 30s is perfectly reasonable considering a generic GOP candidate to win is in that range.

I would like to thank NBC News for the Hillary concern trolling. My mom just donated $500 to Hillary. Which is great, but she let me know that part of that was my birthday money. That I got her into this, and I have to pay the consequences.

Hillary, you better win Iowa.

I also love the drunk Hillary pics. I'm two more drinks away. I'm playing COD drunk af.

I really like Castro for Veep for Hillary, not for Bernie though. I feel like Bernie needs someone with a little foriegn policy experience. Plus, I think someone establishment would help him greatly. He would need something to bring the party more into the Bernie Tent.

No one can have Martin. We have a date after teh election.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I would like to thank NBC News for the Hillary concern trolling. My mom just donated $500 to Hillary. Which is great, but she let me know that part of that was my birthday money. That I got her into this, and I have to pay the consequences.

Hillary, you better win Iowa.

I also love the drunk Hillary pics. I'm two more drinks away. I'm playing COD drunk af.

I really like Castro for Veep for Hillary, not for Bernie though. I feel like Bernie needs someone with a little foriegn policy experience. Plus, I think someone establishment would help him greatly. He would need something to bring the party more into the Bernie Tent.

No one can have Martin. We have a date after teh election.

If Bernie gets the nod he'll need to pick someone like Biden, lots of foreign policy experience and even more experience on the Hill. He'll also need to be smart enough to listen to the guy when it comes to stuff he doesn't know. Whoever he picks is also going to need to be a good dealmaker since Bernie is lacking there too.

Zeke

Yeah Castro has a good story and huge potential. But (if tapped) will he be ready for the national stage (not just a keynote at the DNC) but the actual process of being part of a national election? If he is tapped, he will be tested big time.
I believe he can be vital to Hillary's campaign. He can be quite charismatic and brings energy and excitement into the room something Hillary lacks on her own. Is he still raw? Absolutely, he still needs more grooming but this election would be a great time to get him in the mix. Trump is completely toxic in the general Hillary's path to the WH isn't a complete uphill battle he can afford to stumble a little while he gets his legs under him. Lots of dems seem to believe he has a bright future in their camp this would go a long way in getting him ready for a possible presidential run in the future. If he were to run in the future Texas could very well become a battleground state or at most he could cause the gop to sweat a little and dump major funds into protecting the state from falling into dem hands.

SmokeMaxX

Yeah, but Trump is in the 30s. That seems way too high.

It wouldn't be bad to buy Trump stock (for President) if you're convinced he'll be the Republican nominee. He's never really gonna drop lower than he is now and he'll probably even get to lower to mid 40s at some point. PredictIt market often overreacts to small things. You can just sell him off when he hits the 40s. You'd have to be pretty sure he'll be the nominee though (which looks likely at this point).

Makai

It wouldn't be bad to buy Trump stock (for President) if you're convinced he'll be the Republican nominee. He's never really gonna drop lower than he is now and he'll probably even get to lower to mid 40s at some point. PredictIt market often overreacts to small things. You can just sell him off when he hits the 40s. You'd have to be pretty sure he'll be the nominee though (which looks likely at this point).
I sold Trump nominee at 50 something. Then I bought Hillary elected at 43, which I am more certain will go up.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I sold Trump nominee at 50 something. Then I bought Hillary elected at 43, which I am more certain will go up.

This is my plan, but I want to see if Trump can go higher. If he wins Iowa I think he'll spike and hit the 90's, so long as Hilary also wins it I should be able to make the transfer without her moving too much.

Makai

This is my plan, but I want to see if Trump can go higher. If he wins Iowa I think he'll spike and hit the 90's, so long as Hilary also wins it I should be able to make the transfer without her moving too much.
But if he loses, then he drops and I'd have to wait. And the price on Hillary was so low after the latest email thing. That's why I got out.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
But if he loses, then he drops and I'd have to wait. And the price on Hillary was so low after the latest email thing. That's why I got out.

Makes sense, I just figure I'll ride this crazy train as long as I can. If Hillary wins Iowa and has too big a bounce I'll just stick with Trump, so long as he doesn't crater before I can get out I'll make damn good money.

Makai

Eh, I feel like we say he's done every few weeks and it never happens. It's a cult of personality and there's no way to break his spell, he knows his audience too well. That ad is just going to make them dig their heels in.
I feel like that kind of tape helps him in the general, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom