• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015-2016 |OT3| If someone named PhoenixDark leaves your party, call the cops

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, no. Not ever and for good reason. Does anyone in their right mind reasonably believe that Hillary did anything unethical or irresponsible here?

I think what she said last night was spot on. She is guilty of wanting convenience. It's turned out not to be so convenient. Even if they find the ultra top secret stuff in there, it sounds like it's something a lot of people were doing and she happened to be crucified for it

I think what she said last night was spot on. She is guilty of wanting convenience. It's turned out not to be so convenient. Even if they find the ultra top secret stuff in there, it sounds like it's something a lot of people were doing and she happened to be crucified for it

Yeah, I think it's psychotic to try to hang someone on a technicality (which is what it really is). People who want to get things done may have to move outside of the bogged-down usual way of doing things.

People are treating it like it's akin to the Rahm Emanuel shit.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I see the Tom Delay story has caught fire on all the right-wing media pages.

Funny how hearsay does and a real indictment in the Planned Parenthood story doesn't.

Bowdz

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/trump-cruz-jerk-218225

Politico said:
For Donald Trump, in some ways, Ted Cruz "looks like a jerk."
The heated personal rhetoric directed by Trump at Cruz cranked up another few degrees on Tuesday morning, with the Manhattan business mogul unloading on his Republican rival in back-to-back morning show interviews.

"He's a liar," Trump said of Cruz, adding, "that's why nobody likes him, that’s why his Senate people won’t endorse him, that’s why he stands in the middle of the Senate floor and can’t make a deal with anybody."

"He looks like a jerk, he’s standing all by himself. And you know, there’s something to say about having a little bit of ability to get other people to do things. You can’t be a lone wolf and stand there. That’s sort of what we have right now as a president," he continued.

LOLOLOL. Trump speaking the truth yet again.

Bowdz

Trump says he'll 'probably' be at Fox debate

Honestly, if I were him, I'd skip the debate and host my own town hall with some big endorsement during the debate. You get headlines before the debate when you skip out, headlines after the debate for your rally, lead the cycle going into the weekend and just suffocate your opponents going into Iowa. There is no upside for being at the debate IMO, only downside.

HylianTom

Banned
"No thank you, you had your chance sweetheart"

*crowd cheers and laughs*

The Donald 106 - 0 The Media
I really hope he sticks to his comedy routine for the debates. He seems to know that his one-liners are what bring eyes and headlines.

And I hope Hillary is taking notes. She seems capable of defeating any standard GOP boss, but this one is a weird, rare type. Same for Bernie, really.

thefro

OR6mONb.gif

http://www.courier-journal.com/stor...mayor-jim-gray-challenges-rand-paul/79309698/

FRANKFORT, Ky. Lexington Mayor Jim Gray filed on Tuesday to challenge U.S. Sen. Rand Paul in the 2016 election, filling a hole on the Democratic ticket left vacant when former state Auditor Adam Edelen, who was gearing up to take on Paul before losing his reelection bid in November, announced he would not run.

"I think there are a lot of voices that deserve representation," Gray said in an interview. "Our two-party system really depends on voices being represented, opposing voices ... That may sound simplistic but it's genuinely the way that I feel.

"I believe that even in these times of brick throwing, caustic environment that voices of moderation are valuable and essential," he said. "Sen. Paul has far from represented voices of moderation and civility and reasonable discourse and reasonable debate."

Gray is the fourth Democrat to file to take on Paul, who Democrats have repeatedly criticized for spending so much time out of state while he pursues the GOP nomination for president. Others who have filed are Jeff Kender, of Phelps; Grant Short, of Owensboro; and Tom Recktenwald, of Louisville; and Ron Leach, a retired Army major who ran for congress in the second district in 2014.

But Gray, who before he entered politics, ran his family's Lexington-based construction company, is the highest profile Democrat to file.

"My career has been about trying to help people find good-paying jobs. That's been a passion," Gray said.

Gray said he plans to spend some of his own fortune on the race but refused to say how much or whether it would be enough for him to be considered a "self-funder,"

He acknowledged that he faces long odds against an incumbent. "I like an uphill fight; I enjoy it," he said. "Sen. Paul is an incumbent. Incumbents have a leg up in a competitive race, but he's also vulnerable."

Gray said he doesn't believe that the fact that he is gay will hurt him, even in a state as conservative as Kentucky. "What I found in Lexington is that people care about performance. They care about character and they care about competence. And that, at the end of the day, is what I think this election will be about," he said.

Makai

Trump snubs Scarborough

MIKA BRZEZINSKI: Do you have a TV? Are you watching us right now?

DONALD TRUMP: Yes, I am watching you. I always watch. But only because of you.

JOE SCARBOROUGH: Wow.

MIKA BRZEZINSKI: Wow.

Makai

Trump was asked to define conservatism and he said, "doesn't want to take overly risk...wants to conserve...wants to balance budgets...feels strongly about the military...btw, I said take the oil"

Am I missing something here? I thought Christie's answer to the question was very good and would make me more favorable to him if I agreed with his/the party's policies.

I mean if you only focus on the mop line completely devoid of context, then yeah I guess...but that's just as egregious as "you didn't build that" line.

What did Christie do wrong here? At no point was he mean/upset, he explained very thoroughly everything he did, and explained why that question was both factually incorrect and even if it wasn't, a stupid question (without using that word).

Let us not become what we mock the GOP for being, man!
Optics, delivery, etc. He just looks like an angry fat entitled dipshit that doesn't care about the parts of NJ that got hit. Try to imagine Bill Clinton answering that question after say a massive tornado struck Arkansas in 1992.

No.

That is not what a war is. That is oppression. That is injustice. That is resentment and hatred and fear and an unwillingness to admit being on the wrong side of history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indo-Pakistani_wars_and_conflicts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_War_of_Independence

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wars_of_Scottish_Independence

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Civil_War

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_conflicts_in_Africa

Those.

Those are wars. Those are civil wars. The scale is on a completely different scale.

The fact that Americans, AMERICANS, of all people, can have lived through the Civil War, watched the aftermath of WWI lead to a near apocalyptic war 30 years later, watch civil wars in Asia claim the lives of millions, see 1.2 billion people staring at each other across a border with nuclear weapons...watch Africa and the Middle East currently tear itself apart, and then decide that, naw, we should have done what all those other people did and not done what we did? We should have gone for the full boot? Even after watching what happened when we didn't with Germany and Japan after WWII?

That's a failure of history.

Plus, we already know what happens when America actually declares war on a minority. Remember - the Great Sioux War happened 10+ years after the US Civil War.

Except WWII happened because German nationalism and German militancy remained unchecked after WWI, allowing "heroes" like Hitler to scapegoat Jews, leftists, homosexuals, etc. as having been responsible for that loss, not too harsh treatment of the Germans. It's true that reconciliation can work, but comparing the Civil War to a total war like WWII doesn't really scan.

HylianTom

Banned
Now NBC is reporting that Jeff Session's communications director is leaving to be senior policy advisor for Trump. (He apparently helped with Trump's immigration policy).

Robert Costa says that there's another story (unrelated?) incoming.

ApharmdX

Banned
I went to school more than 20 years ago, and the entirety of what we were taught in this area was that there was the Civil War, Lincoln freed the slaves, then Martin Luther King Jr. ended racism. This from well funded private schools.

Maybe if you were a history major in college you'd get more perspective, but man the whitewashing in primary education is just crazy.

And yeah, our biggest mistake was taking the boot off the Confederacy's neck after the war was won. The Compromise of 1877 was a disgrace.

*claps*
I've felt this way for a long time. As an African-American whose family fled North during the 1950's to escape the racial violence against blacks, all that was set up by the fact that the South was just allowed to rejoin American society without any repercussions. It caused our people to pay an ungodly price, when it should have been the traitors who raised arms against the nation.

*claps*
I've felt this way for a long time. As an African-American whose family fled North during the 1950's to escape the racial violence against blacks, all that was set up by the fact that the South was just allowed to rejoin American society without any repercussions. It caused our people to pay an ungodly price, when it should have been the traitors who raised arms against the nation.

Andrew Johnson is regarded as the worst President of the United States for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom