• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015-2016 |OT3| If someone named PhoenixDark leaves your party, call the cops

Status
Not open for further replies.
More developments on the debates:

CZ_qSNzVIAAA4_d.png

CZ_6xU4VIAApn3K.png

If you have money on PredictIt, I'd recommend tuning in at 5:30 where they said Selzer would go over the trends of the polls. You might be able to shift money around before everyone else gets the actual poll results haha.
I got cold feet on the Trump Iowa prediction and pulled out at even :(

Shouldn't be "investing" money I don't have anyway.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
More developments on the debates:

CZ_qSNzVIAAA4_d.png

CZ_6xU4VIAApn3K.png

Why the hell does Bernie's team want to debate in NYC? He's not going to win the state. The optics of having supporters in Clinton's backyard? I also like how they don't mention where in Michigan they wanted the debate.

They should absolutely do a debate in Flint.

kingkitty

my selzer prediction

1st trump
2nd rubio
3rd cruz
4th gilmore

I'm really interested about that Cruz conference. I'm hoping for the worst.

Dude from Cruz's campaign on MSNBC says that Cruz has good favorables.

Hahahaahaha. Dude probably can't get 50% approval if he's the only one in the room.

Why the hell does Bernie's team want to debate in NYC? He's not going to win the state. The optics of having supporters in Clinton's backyard? I also like how they don't mention where in Michigan they wanted the debate.

Probably the optics of bashing Wall St. in "Wall St.".

SmokeMaxX

my selzer prediction

1st trump
2nd rubio
3rd cruz
4th gilmore

I'm really interested about that Cruz conference. I'm hoping for the worst.

Highly doubtful that Rubio beats Cruz. Cruz was basically destined to win Iowa until Unstumpable came around. Cruz could reveal himself to be the devil and would still get 20+% in Iowa IMO.

dramatis

New York is a primary and a delegate-rich state. They probably want to try and squeeze delegates out of the more liberal, populous states (hence the choice of California too).

When those two statements are put next to each other though, Jeff Weaver looks pretty asshat lol

NeoXChaos

New York is a primary and a delegate-rich state. They probably want to try and squeeze delegates out of the more liberal, populous states (hence the choice of California too).

When those two statements are put next to each other though, Jeff Weaver looks pretty asshat lol

April 26th. Will likely put her over the top that day. Game over mathematically.

Weaver and Devine make my blood boil. I turn the TV off when they show up. Nothing personal.

Weaver is an asshat.

Also, protip? Never let your mother and the mother of the guy you have a date with meet each other prior to the actual date. They're picking out china patterns and shit.

dramatis

April 26th. Will likely put her over the top that day. Game over mathematically.

Weaver and Devine make my blood boil. I turn the TV off when they show up.
Look. You posted an article like yesterday where Tad Devine said he thinks Bernie Sanders can put Alabama into play in the general.

They can't do math. Just let them be. The donations going into his campaign will get cycled out into the economy.

Is poligaf invited to the wedding?

Hell< I get married, I'll personally pay to fly every single person in this thread to the wedding.

Hahaha. My mom phone banked for the first time. She got someone who was snippy at being bothered. She went into full teacher mode, and the woman apologized. Awesome.

kingkitty

Of course it's politics, but it's also an issue that hasn't gotten nearly the attention it should.

There's thousands of kids in Flint who were damaged by the water but the only Republican who talked about it in the last debate was old rambler Kasich. Just sad.

There's thousands of kids in Flint who were damaged by the water but the only Republican who talked about it in the last debate was old rambler Kasich. Just sad.

Republicans are quite justified in avoiding that issue like flint tap water given that, yknow, they'd have to throw snyder under a bus if they got involved with it.

Overlee

Of course it's politics, but it's also an issue that hasn't gotten nearly the attention it should.

I can name you 100 issues in the last 60 years that needed attention in Michigan. It's probably the best example on how terrible a system like capitalism works.

Hillary to BLM said:
"Look, I don't believe you change hearts, I believe you change laws, you change allocation of resources, you change the way systems operate. You're not going to change every heart. You're not. But at the end of the day, we could do a whole lot to change some hearts and change some systems and create more opportunities for people who deserve to have them, to live up to their own God-given potential."

BLM said:
"Her policy response -- if it's not addressing the anti-blackness inherent in some of the previous polices, we're just going to see that thread continue," Yancey said. "And that's what we're looking to hear. What's shifted? What's changed for Hillary Clinton that's going to make us believe that she's going to take this country in a different direction in terms of race?"

You think the poor disenfranchised people in Michigan want any of the water Hillary is trying to sell?

tmarg

To be fair,it's one of those situations that's so fucked up there isn't actually anything to debate about. Also there isn't any republican with anything to gain by talking about it. Although Snyder was weighing a run himself, I really wish that had ended up happening.

they could deflect by putting the blame on Obummer, EPA, big government bureaucracy incompetence etc.

Well yes, but then they gotta argue for expanding the EPA and making it have more teeth.
Given that lack of control played a part, one can't just go "lol free market will solve it, scrap the fucking EPA", which would be the usual ideal deflection.

kingkitty

Well yes, but then they gotta argue for expanding the EPA and making it have more teeth.
Given that lack of control played a part, one can't just go "lol free market will solve it, scrap the fucking EPA", which would be the usual ideal deflection.

No they don't have to argue about expanding the EPA. They can argue that the people currently in charge of the EPA are shit. That Obama helped keep those shitters in charge. That there isn't enough accountability in the EPA, just as there isn't enough accountability in the VA. Republicans can spin a good game. I wonder if they'll talk more about this crisis in the next debate, but who knows.

Wilsongt

Weaver is an asshat.

Also, protip? Never let your mother and the mother of the guy you have a date with meet each other prior to the actual date. They're picking out china patterns and shit.

Is this your BernieBro? I thought I told you to hit it and quit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom