• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015-2016 |OT3| If someone named PhoenixDark leaves your party, call the cops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablos

When Trump goes third party Rubio will rise from the ashes.

I am just saying this because I do not want to wear a Donald Trump avatar.

BSsBrolly

Banned
When the GOP finally collapses, the Daily Show/Tonight Show should do a montage "thanking" the GOP for all the shit they've left us. The war on drugs. Banning of stem cell research. 9/11. ISIS. The military industrial complex. Deregulation. The shrinking middle class. Etc.

Diablos

When the GOP finally collapses, the Daily Show/Tonight Show should do a montage "thanking" the GOP for all the shit they've left us. The war on drugs. Banning of stem cell research. 9/11. ISIS. The military industrial complex. Deregulation. The shrinking middle class. Etc.
Let's not get too cocky, it hasn't happened yet.

my word, republicans are so shit! What organization is so worthless that they could possibly constantly lose elections to them!

37PNfjH.jpg

I'm still banging the Rubio war drum. He's the least worst shot the GOP has of not getting blown out in 2016.

you say this as if rubio has any interest at all in being president.

the GOP is literally begging him to get some kind of ground operation going in the early primary states. he simply doesn't see the need to bother.

Rubio would get destroyed in a general with that kind of attitude towards running.

you say this as if rubio has any interest at all in being president.

the GOP is literally begging him to get some kind of ground operation going in the early primary states. he simply doesn't see the need to bother.

Rubio would get destroyed in a general with that kind of attitude towards running.

Yeah, I kinda believe the people who say he's just running for POTUS this time around to basically network with SuperPAC funders and so he doesn't have to possibly run a tough race for reelection to the Senate.

Now, he can run, drop out in March or April, chill out for two years and collect some sweet gigs that ex-Senator's get, run for Florida Governor in 2018, and then run for President for real in 2024 after Hillary's two terms.

Yeah, I kinda believe the people who say he's just running for POTUS this time around to basically network with SuperPAC funders and so he doesn't have to possibly run a tough race for reelection to the Senate.

Now, he can run, drop out in March or April, chill out for two years and collect some sweet gigs that ex-Senator's get, run for Florida Governor in 2018, and then run for President for real in 2024 after Hillary's two terms.

Probably true, but I still like his chances in such a weak field.

Makai

He's ineligible for Senate, though. Can he run if he drops out in time or something?

User 406

Banned
He's ineligible for Senate, though. Can he run if he drops out in time or something?

That's the point, he doesn't have to run for reelection in the Senate. Clearly he doesn't want to be there anyway.

Rubio really seems to perfectly embody the right-wing's do-nothing government spinal reflex. He really doesn't want to bother doing, like, anything.

He could use this as a campaign ad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPrjhrPXkDE

Teggy

Ted Cruz' wife claims she calls him "10th" in private because he's a "tenth amendment guy" and that's part of what attracted her to him. WTF world do these people live in?

Iolo

Ted Cruz' wife claims she calls him "10th" in private because he's a "tenth amendment guy" and that's part of what attracted her to him. WTF world do these people live in?

the same world in which walker and his wife serve reagan's favorite foods on his birthday every year, which just happens to be their wedding anniversary

Bowdz

With the end of the year approaching how is everyone feeling about their choices?

You Trump people must be having a field day. I can't believe the guy has been in the lead for so long. Gotta give props where they are do. Trump has exceeded my expectations.

I'm thrilled I jumped ship from Jeb! a few hours before closing to Rubio. Against all logic, I still have a trust in the system winning out and Rubio getting the nod. That said, I am rooting for Trump. It's a bit like watching a football game and having your team crush the opposition while you hold your breath so as to not jinx them. You can't really believe that your dream scenario just played itself out so you are in somewhat of a state of shock.

I guess I'm still waiting to the hammer to drop against Trump despite not knowing what could possibly harm him at this point simply out of a disbelief that my dream scenario is coming true.

I truly hope that I can change my avatar to the classy mogul come next year.

I'm thrilled I jumped ship from Jeb! a few hours before closing to Rubio. Against all logic, I still have a trust in the system winning out and Rubio getting the nod. That said, I am rooting for Trump. It's a bit like watching a football game and having your team crush the opposition while you hold your breath so as to not jinx them. You can't really believe that your dream scenario just played itself out so you are in somewhat of a state of shock.

I guess I'm still waiting to the hammer to drop against Trump despite not knowing what could possibly harm him at this point simply out of a disbelief that my dream scenario is coming true.

I truly hope that I can change my avatar to the classy mogul come next year.

I'm not sure what kind of hammer could derail the trump campaign at this point. he's too locked in.

MAYBE if Trump pulled a hugh grant and got caught with Divine Brown in his limo?

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Trump is taking pages off Italy's playbook - playing an electorate that can be summed up as "Piove, governo ladro" (It's raining - that's fault of the thieving government!) is goddamn easy.

... Best wishes : (

I'm not sure what kind of hammer could derail the trump campaign at this point. he's too locked in.

MAYBE if Trump pulled a hugh grant and got caught with Divine Brown in his limo?
He'd just spin that around as evidence that he loves black people.

Do remember that a shit democrat opposition and democrats choosing to run terrible candidates also had plenty to do with that.

akira28

Going by that and what the 10th Amendment is...either he's got a 10 inch dong, or he doesn't make her orgasm, so she has to do it herself.

edit: oh, misread. I thought she called him 10th in bed.

Amendment X sounds better anyway.

I think the GOP electorate has come to terms with the fact that Trump has no scruples, faith in Jesus or a "moral compass". He's the only guy that's saying all the racist shit your crazy uncle says at dinner. Guess what. GOP electorate is your crazy uncle.

Teggy

I think the GOP electorate has come to terms with the fact that Trump has no scruples, faith in Jesus or a "moral compass". He's the only guy that's saying all the racist shit your crazy uncle says at dinner. Guess what. GOP electorate is your crazy uncle.

No, no, he's very religious, the most. Loves Jesus, great guy.

Wonder what otherwise innocuous comment from a Democrat Politifact will pick for their 2015 Lie of the Year in order to prove their non-partisan.

That one time Hillary was asked "how are you doing," she said "fine," while secretly knowing she was coming down with the flu.

But seriously, one of my coworkers commented on the Facebook item accompanying this article, saying "who's fact checking the fact checkers?" Ted Cruz has it in his book that fact checkers have a liberal bias, and at least another one of my friends on Facebook takes Cruz's word as iron-clad truth on everything, including this.

It's kind of like climate science. Eventually, conservatives are going to have to face reality, apply Occam's Razor. No, all the fact checkers aren't overly biased, Republicans are just lying. Just as, no, all the scientists in the world aren't in an some elaborate conspiracy to destroy capitalism, we're actually actively changing the climate.

HUELEN10

Favorite is Huelen's Bernie > Carson > Trump ranking which is based on what would hurt him less personally, and Clinton is completely out of the picture. Like, what.

I don't think he's ever stated why he thinks this way, it has to be a character.

I assure you this is not the case. first of all, I'm not an it (they would suffice). Secondly, I really don't want to have both Clinton AND Trump representing the big 2 when general election time hits. At the time of my goal picks, Carson and Trump were closer, now not so much. In an old scenario for a what if, say Sanders is thrashing Clinton and Caraon and Trump are neck and neck. Carson vs Sanders would have an ending that at the time the scenario was more plausible, that would have been much more agreeable than sanders vs trump. I am confident that if in the general it was sanders vs Carson, that sanders would win.

I feel the burn, that is why I'd be willing to vote Carson, depending on the outlook and numbers.

Now? Even though I greatly dislike him, if he gives Trump a run for his money, I'm not saying no to Rubio.

Can't STAND Rubio...

But yeah, priority 1 for me is to vote to up the chances of NOT getting Clinton or Trump.

I assure you this is not the case. first of all, I'm not an it (they would suffice). Secondly, I really don't want to have both Clinton AND Trump representing the big 2 when general election time hits. At the time of my goal picks, Carson and Trump were closer, now not so much. In an old scenario for a what if, say Sanders is thrashing Clinton and Caraon and Trump are neck and neck. Carson vs Sanders would have an ending that at the time the scenario was more plausible, that would have been much more agreeable than sanders vs trump. I am confident that if in the general it was sanders vs Carson, that sanders would win.

I feel the burn, that is why I'd be willing to vote Carson, depending on the outlook and numbers.

Now? Even though I greatly dislike him, if he gives Trump a run for his money, I'm not saying no to Rubio.

Can't STAND Rubio...

But yeah, priority 1 for me is to vote to up the chances of NOT getting Clinton or Trump.
Yeah but why? It isn't ideologically consistent. Carson isn't that dissimilar from Trump and Sanders isn't from Clinton. And in the narrow band of US political ideology Clinton/Sanders and Trump/Carson are about as far apart as you can get before going into really fringe territory (although Trump is close to that already).

Which leads me to believe your support for the candidates is based on personality or some other superficial element which is, well, stupid. With a gridlocked Congress a Sanders presidency wouldn't look that different from a Clinton one, other than that Clinton would probably be a bit more hawkish in foreign affairs.

HUELEN10

Yeah but why? It isn't ideologically consistent. Carson isn't that dissimilar from Trump and Sanders isn't from Clinton. And in the narrow band of US political ideology Clinton/Sanders and Trump/Carson are about as far apart as you can get before going into really fringe territory (although Trump is close to that already).

Which leads me to believe your support for the candidates is based on personality or some other superficial element which is, well, stupid. With a gridlocked Congress a Sanders presidency wouldn't look that different from a Clinton one, other than that Clinton would probably be a bit more hawkish in foreign affairs.

took the words right out of my mouth.

Ben Carson would be a lot more hawkish if he knew where the bad countries were.

I think the only reason he avoids that talk is because he's afraid of looking like an idiot.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
took the words right out of my mouth.
Ok...so because Hillary is more hawkish than Bernie...you decide to go with Carson and then Trump right after...which are ridiculously hawkish??

Also Sanders is not winning, neither is Carson.

It is likely Hillary vs. Trump

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
boo no DMR poll yet

how far in advance did Trump get the numbers ;_;

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
It's 8 in the morning on the eastern seaboard, Crab. Go have lunch or something.

I was hoping they'd do a midnight release - that's typical for polls with a press embargo here. ;_;

User 406

Banned

Sanders is the only politician that tells the truth over half the time.

I rate this statement Pants on Fire. Both Bernie and Hillary are over 50%. You're looking right at it, right under the Bernie number.

I notice that both Clintons have the highest percentages of completely True statements, clearly her corporate owners told her to trick the American people by being more truthful. They're so dishonest in their honesty.

I rate this statement Pants on Fire. Both Bernie and Hillary are over 50%. You're looking right at it, right under the Bernie number.

I notice that both Clintons have the highest percentages of completely True statements, clearly her corporate owners told her to trick the American people by being more truthful. They're so dishonest in their honesty.

And apparently Martin has never said anything completely true.

Diablos

Food for thought: Perhaps a President Trump would finally get Democrats and Republicans to band together?

someone at work actually said this

NeoXChaos

It would be great if we knew his positions on certain issues. He flip flops more than Romney could ever dream of doing.

Cheebo

Banned
Huelen is a joke character. No one is as idiotic as he pretends to be on GAF.

He'd probably claim to vote Cruz over Clinton too because Clinton is "too hawkish".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom