• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015-2016 |OT3| If someone named PhoenixDark leaves your party, call the cops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell that to the focus groups Luntz is running. They all think Trump is a golden god.

Those same people would say the same thing if Trump went up the in a clown outfit and called Jeb a poopyhead. Luntz stacks his focus groups to get the narrative he wants

HylianTom

Banned
Tell that to the focus groups Luntz is running. They all think Trump is a golden god.
They're also liking Christie, which kinda surprises me.

The establishment needs to clear its lane of spare candidates, but they keep finding reasons to stick around. What a pity. 😋

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Rubio missed a chance to knock out Trump since he didn't know what the nuclear triad was. But Trump looked dumb talking about it.

User 406

Banned
59482835.jpg

My favorite part of the debate was easily when Trump paused for like 10 seconds after he was asked about dictators in power before giving a liberal , "we should spend money on infrastructure" response.

Encryption backdoors are... tricky, to me. On the one hand, any encryption system that has a back door is an encryption system that quite simply does not work. It can't be called secure.

On the other hand, you (general "you") don't have the right to hide things from a legal search warrant, which is what high-level encryption basically does allows for now. It's like... well, it's like something that doesn't have a good analogy to the physical world, which makes it hard to talk about.

On the third hand, most digital searches aren't actually accompanied by warrants. Which is definitely Not Okay.

It might be different in your country, but not having a right to hide is quite different from helping with the search. One is under no obligation whatsoever to help a search warrant, and heck, one can most certainly leave stuff inside a safe if desired. They'll just try to crack the damn thing open if you don't collaborate, or take the safe away, but you do not have to help them. Plus you can just, y'know, move evidence elsewhere if you know a search warrant is hitting one office.

But all of that falls under the scope of not being forced to self-incriminate down here. I do hear that y'all have some cray cray definitions of what constitutes obstruction of justice up there.

HylianTom

Banned
Thinking about timing here..

We won't know how voters feel about this debate for a few days. But if Trump did indeed "win" (or not damage himself), then we're looking at the very real prospect of going through Winter Break and the New Year with him retaining his frontrunner status. There aren't really any opportunities to change the trajectory of the race between now and then.

That'd be pretty remarkable. Yuuuge, even.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
B-Dubs, let me do every mid-month debate from here on out. You take the Iowa one in January.

https://www.gop.com/2016-gophq/event_schedule/?schedule_type=debate

If you want South Carolina take it, at this point I'm focusing on the primary threads themselves anyway.

That reminds me: Guys, I need some help finding video clips of all the GOP guys saying dumb as fuck shit from these debates. Also clips from Bernie and Hillary. I'm planning out a montage for the Iowa thread that will be updated as the calendar advances. I've got the music all picked out and all the other graphics needed are done, I just need the clips themselves. Like a few of Trump ethering guys, people saying dumb shit, you know. If you could PM it to me I'll add you to the credits at the end of the video.

NeoXChaos

IA and NH threads? Are we having separated threads for primary nights? seems too convoluted.

A Super Tuesday thread? A March 15th states thread? or you talking about debate threads?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
IA and NH threads? Are we having separated threads for primary nights? seems too convoluted.

No, the Iowa primary will have one thread as will NH and Super Tuesday. It will be glorious.

Please help me with the video clips guys. The funnier from both sides the better.

A Super Tuesday thread? A March 15th states thread? or you talking about debate threads?
They're 8 days apart. I don't think it'd be smart to make a mass one for all. There were separate ones in 08 too.

kingkitty

If you want South Carolina take it, at this point I'm focusing on the primary threads themselves anyway.

you still doing the fourth dem debate on Jan 17? i got a great plan if you're not

three times as many sandwich jokes, more bernie sanders love, the works

maybe I'll put in some popular culture thing like Hamtaro or K-On

second times the charm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom