• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015-2016 |OT3| If someone named PhoenixDark leaves your party, call the cops

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Talk about conspiracy theories!

Which part? The part where Sanders's team accessed the data they weren't supposed to? The part where they saved it? The part where they started fundraising off it after deflecting the blame? The part where his team has screwed up at every opportunity and given themselves a number of self-inflicted wounds? Or the part where anyone else would have been run out of the primary for doing this by now? Because outside of that last point, all of that stuff has actually happened.

Do I think Bernie had anything to do with this? No. I just think his team is wildly incompetent and figured they wouldn't get caught. Given their actions before this it's a safe bet to make.

Sanders is just a horrible candidate. The only thing propping him up is some liberals hatred for Hillary. I use to be neutral but now I'm team Clinton. That press conference was a piece of shit and exposed him for the coward he is. You don't send your grunt out to attack "your" party after your campaign screwed up. He should have came out apologized and agreed to cooperate with the DNC. That would have showed him to be leveled headed and made the DNC look (even more) foolish and potentially expanded his base. Now all he has done was fire up both Clinton and his own base and made himself look like your typical politician which he markets himself not to be. His campaign is literally fundraising off of them being thieves. You can't talk about corporate dollars when your literally saying "My campaign is full of crooks give me money." If he tries to go after Hillary tonight on this issue I hope she lights his ass up like a Christmas tree.

East Lake

Which part? The part where Sanders's team accessed the data they weren't supposed to? The part where they saved it? The part where they started fundraising off it after deflecting the blame? The part where his team has screwed up at every opportunity and given themselves a number of self-inflicted wounds? Or the part where anyone else would have been run out of the primary for doing this by now? Because outside of that last point, all of that stuff has actually happened.

Do I think Bernie had anything to do with this? No. I just think his team is wildly incompetent and figured they wouldn't get caught. Given their actions before this it's a safe bet to make.
Lol. On a scale of watergate to cointelpro where does this one rank?

Cerium

You in danger, girl. They coming.

nGZCOOy.gif

giphy.gif

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I like concise posts, and I thought we were discussing your Nixonian fantasy. Did you hear about watergate on cable news once, or maybe in a movie?

Your posts weren't concise, they were obtuse. Concise would mean that your point would get through, it didn't because your posts made no sense in the context of the conversation.

East Lake

Your posts weren't concise, they were obtuse. Concise would mean that your point would get through, it didn't because your posts made no sense in the context of the conversation.
I think they make sense. I'm still interested in hearing the finer points of the nixon comparison. You have time for a quick wiki run if you need it.

I think they make sense. I'm still interested in hearing the finer points of the nixon comparison. You have time for a quick wiki run if you need it.

You scream conspiracy theory while ignoring what the Sanders camp actually did. What was your point again? Sanders isn't Nixon? Okay, great point!

East Lake

You scream conspiracy theory while ignoring what the Sanders camp actually did. What was your point again? Sanders isn't Nixon? Okay, great point!
Technically I didn't say Sanders isn't Nixon, he could be worse than Nixon at this point we really don't know. His staffers could have even found the lost Benghazi emails.

But what we seem to know is that if any other campaign did this they'd be finished for sure, maybe, and if he did do it, it definitely could lead to Nixon-like events without the Nixon.

NeoXChaos

I'm just talking about what happened itself. I doubt Sanders personally approved of it but his operatives were clearly taking things in their own hands and were acting pretty scummy.

I've been saying this for a while but his supporters and now some of the people in his campaign have not done justice to the man himself and what he preaches AT ALL. It's sickening to see a guy talk about one thing and then his supporters do another. At least with Trump he spews the hatred his followers practice.

His people will have a hard time finding jobs when this is over. You don't cross the Clinton's. They won't forget. They control the party again come July.

pigeon

Banned
His people will have a hard time finding jobs when this is over. You don't cross the Clinton's. They won't forget. They control the party again come July.

I mean, I think the biggest effect on people's career here will come from realizing that they apparently don't know the most basic things about database logs.

Way to prove their points then. The party shouldnt be under the control of a power couple, thats corruption. And Clinton aint no Evita.

pigeon

Banned
Way to prove their points then. The party shouldnt be under the control of a power couple, thats corruption. And Clinton aint no Evita.

I don't actually agree with Neo, but it's kind of weird to suggest that the party might be corrupt simply because it has popular leaders. Is all leadership or organization inherently suspect? Have you become benji while I wasn't looking?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I still think this is a tempest in a teapot. I don't think anyone cares and some people are seriously bored since the donald hasn't said anything since he snatched Bush's wig.

teiresias

5ENP.gif

There. I won this one, Cerium.

Your comparing something Clinton is accused of and didn't actually do to something Bernie's camp actually did do. Bravo, that Bernie echo chamber is gonna be damn deafening when you all are screaming like children when he loses this thing . . . and the crook deserves to lose.

If this is the way Bernie and his camp act over this, they'd have been a laughing stock and punching bags in any of the Benghazi hearings Clinton coasted through.

Foffy

Banned
Your comparing something Clinton is accused of and didn't actually do to something Bernie's camp actually did do. Bravo, that Bernie echo chamber is gonna be damn deafening when you all are screaming like children when he loses this thing . . . and the crook deserves to lose.

A crook vs an oligarch. Can't we just have Lil B run already? :(

I don't like political tribalism. And so much of this Bernie/Hillary feud plays right into that garbage. People are acting like feudal bannerman who have a sacred duty to defend their lord. It'd be dumb even if it was all being said ironically.

I really try not to judge people based on Avatar's but political idol worship tests my restraint something awful when it's combo-ed with Pop-gaf style posting.

dramatis

What are you guys even doing.

If you really are choosing Hillary over Bernie and you know why you're doing it, then you should understand the Bernie camp is getting away with wrongdoing not because they are right, but because everybody else is gracious and understands the importance of the wider picture. It's because we are capable of forgiving while his supporters are not.

Just let it go. Enjoy the debate, follow the polls, and remind the Bernie side sternly that they have no space to call Hillary a liar now.

tumblr_loym1d4EXl1qkae66o1_500.jpg

NeoXChaos

What are we even arguing about. Hillary stans and real bernie stans are going to vote for the eventual nominee(Hillary) by 95 percent come November. Only the extreme bernie stan internet warriors will sit out. If they really believe in the message and not just the man they will turn out for Hillary. If not then they were for the man and not the message.

*Hillary favorable with Democrats is 88%. The dissenters with the most bile for her are probably not apart of that percentage of Democrats who like her and are probably an independent leaning Democrat.

What are you guys even doing.

If you really are choosing Hillary over Bernie and you know why you're doing it, then you should understand the Bernie camp is getting away with wrongdoing not because they are right, but because everybody else is gracious and understands the importance of the wider picture. It's because we are capable of forgiving while his supporters are not.

Just let it go. Enjoy the debate, follow the polls, and remind the Bernie side sternly that they have no space to call Hillary a liar now.

tumblr_loym1d4EXl1qkae66o1_500.jpg

What this guy said.

Sanders is a fucking crook. Trying to turn this shit to his advantage is seriously slimy. Probably gonna skip the debates cause he'll just piss me off.

Since you're already so emotionally invested, you might wanna look at what he did during vermont's 06 senate election. If you haven't already.

I still think this is a tempest in a teapot. I don't think anyone cares and some people are seriously bored since the donald hasn't said anything since he snatched Bush's wig.

Pretty much. What's worse is that the breakdown of this discussion was evident from the moment the news showed up.

Holmes

Since you're already so emotionally invested, you might wanna look at what he did during vermont's 06 senate election. If you haven't already.
What if he does the same thing if god forbid he wins the Democratic nomination? Just drops out to ensure there would be no Democrat on the ballot against him. lol what a troll.
A new addition to Politicians Who Need Better Wikipedia Pictures: North Carolina Treasurer Janet Cowell.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janet_Cowell

Janet_Cowell.png

ivysaur we should start a project of changing all the pictures of North Carolina politicians on wiki to Cherie Berry.

What if he does the same thing if god forbid he wins the Democratic nomination? Just drops out to ensure there would be no Democrat on the ballot against him. lol what a troll.

Iirc that would prevent him from being on the ballot in some states, no? Otherwise, yeah, he probably would do just that.

Which is kinda why i'm somewhat amused when people find out that bernie can play politics. His distinction, as a candidate (outside of On The Issues), is that he won't take Big Money. That's about it.

ivysaur12

Banned

ivysaur we should start a project of changing all the pictures of North Carolina politicians on wiki to Cherie Berry.

I APPROVE OF THIS

Cerium

There's a difference between playing politics and breaking into databases to steal your opponent's shit.

If Obama had pulled some shit like this in 2008 I would have skipped the primary. It really annoys me when people try to compare Bernie with Obama.

I didn't know David Muir was moderating.

Holy hell, someone get me my fainting couch.

Also, I no longer feel the Shrill. I'm now Feeling the O'Malley. Hopefully without a restraining order.

There's a difference between playing politics and breaking into databases to steal your opponent's shit.

What? No. Analyze costs x benefits, find someone (or someones) willing to take the fall and make it look credible, copy and use the shit out of that data if you think the benefits outweight the risks.

That's pragmatism. Also politics.

Alas.

Cerium

What? No. Analyze costs x benefits, find someone (or someones) willing to take the fall and make it look credible, copy and use the shit out of that data if you think the benefits outweight the risks.

That's pragmatism. Also politics.

Alas.

And I thought House of Cards was over dramatized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom