• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015-2016 |OT3| If someone named PhoenixDark leaves your party, call the cops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit, my Dad (a life long democrat) is a Trump supporter.. What the actual fuck. I've been so amused by Trump this whole time. I'm now terrified of the things he's saying. It also makes me wonder if my dad is a closet racist..
The children of Yakub always return to their natural state of racism.

HylianTom

Banned
Trump's Twitter attacks on Trey Gowdy this morning are going to get some pretty big traction with the base. Prior to the hearing and for months on-end, Gowdy was portrayed as a sort of congressional bounty hunter who could finally nail Hillary for her crimes, and in the eyes of the FR/Breitbart/Rush crowd, he blew it in spectacular fashion. Not only did he blow it, he gave her campaign a boost right at a critical time.

A few of his retweets/quoted tweets:
@Sir_Max: andreajmarkley: Rubio finally gets an endorsement – from #Benghazi loser Gowdy #Tcot
@mitchellvii: Face it, Trey Gowdy failed miserably on Benghazi. He allowed it to drag out and in the end, let Hillary get away with murder.
@mitchellvii: My prediction on the Trey Gowdy endorsement of Rubio is that it will do nothing for Rubio and finish Gowdy.
@CAC8438: He supports amnesty and now they are so desperate that Trey Gowdy is going to campaign with him.

Brilliant of him to bring it up right after Gowdy endorsed Rubio. His angle of attack is pretty spot-on. Good timing, too.. he's setting-up this week's media coverage.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Face the Nation just gave Carson a chance to respond to attacks on him and he verbatim described his own lies and exaggerations as evidence his lies and exaggerations were true after all. He wanted to know why the media hadn't retracted their stories, which already contained his weird explanations.

Help

Also finished with the never-challenged "our country is on the precipice and about to go over the edge"

Lower crime, higher employment, strong economy, record stock market, better housing market precipice of doom.

Your conspiracy theory is that Bernie's chief technologist had a computer science degree. I mean, duh.

You must have gotten out of the wrong side of the bed this morning, and obviously didn't read my original post very carefully, and/or didn't check out the link I included...

As I stated, it is very hard to believe, given his background (he actually graduated in 98 with a degree in bioengineering, with "concentrations in computer science" and genetics), that he wouldn't know his actions were being logged, but apparently you need more convincing, of his many years of technical experience in the political field:

Heavy said:
"Prepared and presented data driven analysis of partisan political opportunities and needs using SQL, VAN, GIS and other tools. Determined key regions for electoral program and competitive districts,” he wrote of his role with America Votes. “Managed voter file access for partner organizations and their consultants including administration, security, training and technical assistance. Managed deputy staff.”

Why plant a data nerd to destroy the campaign? Seems far too convoluted, and the end result didn't work at all. Why not plant a middle aged Brooklyn native (male or female, you never know in 2015) who could become sexually involved with Sanders.

User 406

Banned
The electorate is a DNC plant! ALL of the respondents polled who are voting for Hillary in the primary are registered Democrats. The DNC's tendrils are everywhere!

Makai

Daniel B·;190541577 said:
You must have gotten out of the wrong side of the bed this morning, and obviously didn't read my original post very carefully, and/or didn't check out the link I included...

As I stated, it is very hard to believe, given his background (he actually graduated in 98 with a degree in bioengineering, with "concentrations in computer science" and genetics), that he wouldn't know his actions were being logged, but apparently you need more convincing, of his many years of technical experience in the political field:
He noticed the vulnerability and, like any programmer, immediately exploited it without considering the consequences.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
*Instead of individual winners its now teams collecting points.
*Correctly guessing the 1st 2nd or 3rd place finisher in each state will reward points to each team. 1st place will reward 3 pts, 2nd is 2 pts and 3rd is 1 pt.
*Team placement is due January 22, 2015
*Bonus pts are awarded for the team who is closest to the actual percentage each candidate will receive.
Posting this a little far in advance, aren't you?

I wish I knew more about what the campaigns are doing in Iowa. It sounds like Cruz has the best ground game following the standard campaign strategy (that Bernie and Hillary also do) while Trump tries to get people from his rallies to vote in the caucus and Rubio isn't doing too much at all.

Speaking of which, the local DNC called my mom yesterday for fundraising. Their pitch was that they needed money to support Obama's push for a gun ban on terrorists on the no fly list. My mom, who has donated before, gave them $150. Laughable.

Speaking of which, the local DNC called my mom yesterday for fundraising. Their pitch was that they needed money to support Obama's push for a gun ban on terrorists on the no fly list. My mom, who has donated before, gave them $150. Laughable.

Noooo, stealth Hillary fund-raising? $150 though; your Mom must be loaded? My total donation to Bernie's campaign is $55 ($30 + $25), but I'm prepared to dig deep, and live off gruel for a month ;).

Holmes

Daniel B·;190544795 said:
Noooo, stealth Hillary fund-raising? $150 though; your Mom must be loaded? My total donation to Bernie's campaign is $55 ($30 + $25), but I'm prepared tn dig deep, and live off gruel for a month ;).
Not everyone lives on $5k/year. People have actual jobs or a pension.

Tamanon

Banned
Daniel B·;190538226 said:
Why USA network? WHY, is Elliot and Mr. Robot smoking in your 2015 tv series?

I just caught the first episode, and the series looks promising, but for the "lungs of the young generation", everywhere, why do you have your main characters playing russian roulette with cancer, as it added practically nothing to the mood of the show. I just don't get how cigarettes are still so prominent in our culture, and it really pisses me off (can you tell?)!

That's probably the least self-destructive thing Elliot does in that series.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
IOWA
Cruz
Trump
Carson

NEW HAMPSHIRE
Trump
Rubio
Cruz

SOUTH CAROLINA
Trump
Cruz
Rubio

NEVADA
Trump
Cruz
Rubio

Iowa has nothing but corn and Jesus. They don't have enough diversity to be racist. Hence Cruz. Even his name is redolent of Christ and Maiz.

Oh boy. If this is the case...

My total wildcard is Nevada. I don't think there's been a lot of polling out of the state, at least none that I've seen. If, somehow, Trump wins Iowa, I legitimately think this entire thing is over. Iowa was created for Calgary Cruz. If, somehow, Trump pulls out a win, his support is not a fluke, and runs deeper than I originally thought.

Iowa has nothing but corn and Jesus. They don't have enough diversity to be racist. Hence Cruz. Even his name is redolent of Christ and Maiz.
thumb_jesus-says-meme-generator-jesus-says-don-not-fuck-with-corn-ed072c.jpg

pigeon

Banned
Daniel B·;190541577 said:

Doesn't surprise me at all that he would assume, after seeing the security failure on two occasions, that the third party team was a bunch of total idiots and discount the possibility that they could do anything at all correctly. I have worked with that kind of programmer before.

My total wildcard is Nevada. I don't think there's been a lot of polling out of the state, at least none that I've seen. If, somehow, Trump wins Iowa, I legitimately think this entire thing is over. Iowa was created for Calgary Cruz. If, somehow, Trump pulls out a win, his support is not a fluke, and runs deeper than I originally thought.
I think he's a fluke, ala Huckabee/Santorum. He will win Iowa and fail to capitalize on the momentum.

HylianTom

Banned
I think he's a fluke, ala Huckabee/Santorum. He will win Iowa and fail to capitalize on the momentum.

I could see Cruz winning Iowa and getting a bump - but not a large enough one to catch-up with Trump.

One big question in my mind right now: could such a bump place him in second place in New Hampshire, ahead of the guys in the establishment lane? Because if that happens, it might be decision time for party leaders/donors/establishment: do they begin to move to Cruz as a compromise "stop Trump" candidate, or do they continue to cling to hopes that the third-place finisher can somehow magically claw his way into long-shot contention?

NeoXChaos

Team A
NeoXChaos
Cerium
HylianTom
Roland_Gunner
Third Strike
SourShoes
Adam387
Plinko
kingkitty

Team B
Makai
Holmes
JesseEwiak
RustyNails
B-dubs
Aaron Strife
Ivysaur12
Retromelon
Cheebo

*You will have an individual score and a team score.
*Your individual score is based on what you predict the results will be
*Your team score is based off of the overall total pts each individual member receives individually
*plz give me your final predictions for the first four states ON the 22nd of January
*Super Tuesday and beyond TBD.

Ex:

Ivysaur-3+2 = 5

Iowa
Cruz
Trump
Rubio

Aaron Strife- 3+1 = 4
Iowa
Trump
Cruz
Rubio

Actual
Trump
Carson
Rubio

Team A = 9

I see Trump and Hillary as being in the same position in Iowa. Neither absolutely has to win that state, but either winning really seals the deal, for opposite reasons. A Trump victory means he's actually viable in the primary. A Cruz victory means that Iowa's GOP has swallowed a big ol mouth of the crazy pill again.

With Hillary, it means she's performing well in a demographically advantageous state to Sanders. At that point, it's all over but the shouting.

I agree that Cruz winning means little in Iowa...unless the GOP thinks that it'd be better to sink with him than with Trump. Since Cruz is so loathed, though, I have no idea how that plays out.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I remember when I thought Walker would win Iowa and Bush would win New Hampshire.

I was so young.
I'm still surprised Walker dropped out so early; he was suppose to be the darling of the Koch brothers. Not doing well in the polling hasn't stopped many hopeful candidates and he had other things going for him. While I think lacking pizzazz was his major downfall, Kasich lacks that as well. I guess Kasich being the most anti-Trump person (IMO) differentiates him enough, which Walker did not manage to do.

This boy's good :).

SVS Mediaworks said:
Trump supporter: I like Donald Trump, though.

Aaron: Why so?

Trump supporter: I don't know. The glitz and the glamour of Donald Trump.

Aaron: Is that it?

Trump supporter: Bernie Sanders is kinda boring.

Aaron: You gonna like the dude with the chain, or the one that can spit?

Trump supporter: The one that can spit.

Aaron: Right, that's Bernie!

Trump ;) supporter: Alright; I gotta do some more research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom