• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

Trump has hired the president of Citizens United as deputy campaign manager (soon to drop deputy status when Conway jumps ship no doubt).

Can't make this stuff up.

Trump has hired the president of Citizens United as deputy campaign manager (soon to drop deputy status when Conway jumps ship no doubt).

KDJf1nv.jpg

The fact that someone on Trump's team leaked this is insane. Did they do it with the intention of forcing Trump to stick to the script or to force him throw the script away?

I don't think there is an actual Clinton plant there but I could believe someone there is deliberately sabotaging the campaign, which is too dumb and poorly run to notice.

Teggy

So besides the fact Trump was going to be protected from speaking to the dangerous black people, everyone also now knows nothing coming out of his mouth will be his own. The entire stunt is now trash. Amazing.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery

Emarv

If Bernie does finally stump, this is a pretty clear way to distinguish the campaigns and why they should vote for Hillary.

WE NEED TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS

I WILL END [THE] CITIZENS UNITED [DECISION]

by the way, my new deputy campaign manager is the president of citizens united

Boke1879

So he has pre-screened questions AND a script already written for him on how to respond? What the hell?

Also, why make this private Trump? I thought conservatives were tough guys?

Real talk. He and his campaign knew that shit would get protested to high heaven.

NeoXChaos

Hmmmmm

It's hard to say because Mormon conservatism has stayed strong and the birth rate of Mormons is extremely high. The state might actually get more conservative and red over the next 20 years or so as the (large) atheist demographic just has fewer children than the Mormon demographic.

A lot of Mormons will have to be convinced that there is no God for Utah to become anything other than a deep red state in the next few decades.

I think Jason Chaffetz in 2024 for Senate (Assuming Orrin Hatch runs and wins again in 2024) could lose against a socially conservative, economically liberal Dem (maaaybe Doug Owens) since Chaffetz is so dumb that he probably has some skeletons that will look bad.

edit: This post does make the (possibly bad) assumption that the GOP will continue to be the party of the religious right when the GOP may need to shed that to appeal to white male atheists that are conservative but just think the GOP is too stupid to support.

Nothing stays the same forever. It took Republicans 135 years to win a Senate seat here in LA n 2005 since 1870's

Nothing stays the same forever. It took Republicans 135 years to win a Senate seat here in LA n 2005 since 1870's

It really depends on how the national party changes with regards to religion.

Because the Mormon Church is the overwhelming dominant force in the state and it's not changing.

More on the GA/AZ/UT plans:

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/dnc-expands-footprint-arizona-georgia-utah-n641611

The Democratic National Committee is launching a new field program to expand its footprint beyond the typical battleground states where Hillary Clinton campaign's already has a large infrastructure.

The program, details of which were shared with NBC News, is launching in Georgia, Arizona and Utah, with plans to expand soon to other states that are either too Republican or too Democratic to typically get much attention from presidential campaigns.

The DNC program, which is designed to live on beyond Election Day, will set up what it calls Victory Leaders Councils — groups of Democratic super volunteers and grassroots activists, along with elected officials — in each state, which will work directly with party headquarters in Washington.

The councils will work with a team under newly named National Field Director Adam Parkhomenko, who was previously on the Clinton campaign and started the group Ready for Hillary before that.

The DNC recently opened a headquarters in Phoenix and national staffers have been visiting both Arizona and Georgia in the past week to assess capacity. The party's Southern Political Director, Ron Allen, is relocating to Georgia next week for the remainder of the election.

In the short term, the goal is to take advantage of Donald Trump's weakness in so-called expansion states by boosting Clinton and forcing Republicans to spend precious resources defending them.

Trump, for instance, gave his big immigration speech Wednesday in Arizona, where Democrats have not won electoral votes since 1996, instead of nearby swing states like Colorado or Nevada. GOP vice presidential nominee Mike Pence meanwhile spent two days campaigning in Georgia and will attend a high-profile fundraiser in Utah Thursday.

In the longer term, the effort harkens to former DNC Chair Howard Dean's 50-state strategy. It aims to build up Democratic infrastructure in places that don't have much, like red or purple states where Democrats hope to make gains, but aren't quite battlegrounds.

Meanwhile in blue states, the party plans to harness surplus volunteer energy to help down-ballot candidates in those state and to boost presidential efforts in other states.

In addition to a high-profile Senate race in Arizona, Democrats have taken aim at two competitive House seats in the state, and the Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee has targeted both chambers of the state legislature.

In Georgia, where the newly announced Victory Leaders Councils includes people who supported Bernie Sanders in the presidential primary, Democrats are hoping to eat into the Republicans' super majority in both chambers of the legislature and also boost other candidates.

"This will leave Georgia with a volunteer infrastructure that lasts beyond 2016," said Nikema Williams, the first Vice Chair of the Georgia Democratic Party and one of the council's coordinators.

Kellyanne isn't going to quit and/or be fired, because she's not really the campaign manager. She's essentially the national press secretary. How often is Daddy Mook on the networks? Rarely, if ever. Kellyanne is on there every single day. Her real job title is "Fix the shit Trump says," but they gave her a nice label to make up for the shitty work.

I really doubt she's going to jump ship. Now that the money link has been established between her and Bannon and Mercer it seems like her role is more along the lines of spokesperson and figure head but I doubt she has much of any real pull in that campaign.

How did Frank Church win there?

Frank Moss (the last Utah Senator and only post New Deal Senator) won his first election with less than 40% of the vote because of a split of a third party spoiler for the Republicans. He then won two more terms off of incumbency.

Besides, the political parties were not that divided in religious policy until Reagan.

So there is no upcoming "Obama Coalition" waiting in the wings in the next 25 years to change the state?

Or is it like the other surrounding plains states where mom, grandma, great grandma etc were Republicans so the young kids now are?

The young kids are Republican because they're Mormon because they're raised in Mormon families. Mormons have much higher birth rates than all other Republican demographics (and basically all demographics) so they have prevented an "Obama Coalition" from forming. Utah politics is Atheists+Catholics against Mormons and Mormons just have too many kids for atheists and Catholics to catch up (and Mormons started with a huge advantage).

Kellyanne isn't going to quit and/or be fired, because she's not really the campaign manager. She's essentially the national press secretary. How often is Daddy Mook on the networks? Rarely, if ever. Kellyanne is on there every single day. Her real job title is "Fix the shit Trump says," but they gave her a nice label to make up for the shitty work.

I don't disagree entirely, but I think it's telling that a person with the job title "Fix the shit Trump says" has been MIA today of all days.

I think Conway does some of the work of campaign manager, I think we will se the fruits of some of that work in Trump's post Labor Day schedule. I will also guess she spends time advising and validating Ivanka and Kushner. It's the only way I can square Ivanka's complete public absence.

NeoXChaos

Frank Moss (the last Utah Senator and only post New Deal Senator) won his first election with less than 40% of the vote because of a split of a third party spoiler for the Republicans. He then won two more terms off of incumbency.

Besides, the political parties were not that divided in religious policy until Reagan.

So there is no upcoming "Obama Coalition" waiting in the wings in the next 25 years to change the state?

Or is it like the other surrounding plains states like Kansas where mom, grandma, great grandma etc were Republicans so the young kids now are?

I don't disagree entirely, but I think it's telling that a person with the job title "Fix the shit Trump says" has been MIA today of all days.

I think Conway does some of the work of campaign manager, I think we will se the fruits of some of that work in Trump's post Labor Day schedule. I will also guess she spends time advising and validating Ivanka and Kushner. It's the only way I can square Ivanka's complete public absence.

I was....occupied today, so I didn't see any of the networks. Has she not been on them today? That is rather interesting, considering I'd think she'd want to smooth the edges over the Mexican trip and speech. However, she wasn't in support of going to Mexico, from what I understand. So, interesting....

I think she does as much work a Trump campaign manager can do, because they're not allowed to do anything. Why hasn't Ivanka been out there? She's the only likable one among the group....unless she's trying to save her brand for a future in public service.

Almost all young populations are far less religious than the older populations of the state.

Utah young people are more religious than the rest of the state (and Utah is by far the most religious state in the union).

http://www.pewforum.org/2009/07/24/a-portrait-of-mormons-in-the-us/#2

Utah is heading towards being even more bizarre by heading towards being a possibly more theocratic state while the rest of the country starts to give far less of a shit about religion.

I was....occupied today, so I didn't see any of the networks. Has she not been on them today? That is rather interesting, considering I'd think she'd want to smooth the edges over the Mexican trip and speech. However, she wasn't in support of going to Mexico, from what I understand. So, interesting....

I think she does as much work a Trump campaign manager can do, because they're not allowed to do anything. Why hasn't Ivanka been out there? She's the only likable one among the group....unless she's trying to save her brand for a future in public service.

Ivanka's absence really is a mystery. They have an obvious demographic problem and she represents an obvious solution. Maybe she is trying to save her brand, but that ship might have already sailed. My best guess is that she is doing heavy lifting behind the scenes along with her husband. Costa reported that Ivanka and Conway had become close and that Conway's hire was encouraged by Ivanka and Kushner.

Slayven

I feel like you should be able to slap the taste out of anyone's mouth that says "Trumps an outsider, not part of the establishment "

Oh, hiring the CU guy is what gets people to finally realize Trump is "establishment".

It's like those Hispanic advisers just now realizing Trump wasn't going to look at immigration realistically.

NO FUCKING WAY.

Ivanka's absence really is a mystery. They have an obvious demographic problem and she represents an obvious solution. Maybe she is trying to save her brand, but that ship might have already sailed. My best guess is that she is doing heavy lifting behind the scenes along with her husband. Costa reported that Ivanka and Conway had become close and that Conway's hire was encouraged by Ivanka and Kushner.

Ya, this is odd. Because, she's actually a good surrogate, like you said, for Trump's problems. But how in the hell does she justify going out there. I mean, they're not stupid. They know he's losing bigly. But, still.....where is Ivanka!?

I kind of wish "the media" would stop tiptoeing around and just flat out say he's full of shit.

He's not trying to balance his message or altering it for the audience. He's just a gasbag and a buffoon.

This is like when they bring on that one climate change denying "scientist" to counter the one representative of everyone else.

Debirudog

I kind of wish "the media" would stop tiptoeing around and just flat out say he's full of shit.

This so much!!!

There is so many contradictory things Trump has done by now. He flops harder than Romney on a single day. Sack of orange shit needs to imploded into oblivion already.

tuffy

The Minneapolis newspaper put two quotes right next to each other on the front page:

"We did discuss the wall. We didn't discuss payment of the wall." - Donald Trump

"I made it clear that Mexico will not pay for the wall." - Mexican President Nieto

Essentially calling out Trump's bullshit by placing them together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom