• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

mackaveli

Did Obama even do press conferences in 2012? I didn't follow it too closely except for the conventions and the debates. And with youtube streaming etc so prevalent it's much easier to watch all the campaign stuff.

Did Obama even do press conferences in 2012? I didn't follow it too closely except for the conventions and the debates. And with youtube streaming etc so prevalent it's much easier to watch all the campaign stuff.

Yes, but he was the president, so there were things to have press conferences about.

Seriously? It's Romney.

You know. Mittens. Former governor of Massachusetts.
What the hell?!?! Since when have been calling him Mittens?

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I was reading today's article from Jon Chait about the filibuster being pretty much dead in the water already, and can I just say that I was totally right when I said a few years ago that Republicans would never confirm a SC justice under Obama if it threatened their majority? I remember lots of people, including quite a few Poligaffers who should have known better, argued otherwise for some reason, insisting that such a thing would never happen...just because?

I was reading today's article from Jon Chait about the filibuster being pretty much dead in the water already, and can I just say that I was totally right when I said a few years ago that Republicans would never confirm a SC justice under Obama if it threatened their majority? I remember lots of Poligaffers argued otherwise for some reason, insisting that such a thing would never happen...just because?

People have incentive to believe that the Republican Party is still a political party interested in governing because the alternative is pretty frightening and makes it seem like the U.S. is heading towards being a failed state like past Latin America states with our constitution.

johnsmith

remember me
RMoney, never forget.

QvoJhie.jpg

Seriously? It's Romney.

Trump Admits: I’ve Done ‘Quite a Bit of Softening’ on Immigration

A day after he delivered two very different messages about immigration to two very different audiences, Donald Trump admitted in an interview with conservative radio host and informal adviser Laura Ingraham that there has been a “softening” of his stance on the issue. “Where's the softening?” Ingraham asked Trump, following what she described as the “very specific, very pro-enforcement immigration plan” he laid out in Phoenix, Arizona on Wednesday night.

“Oh, there’s softening,” Trump replied. “Look, we do it in a very humane way, and we’re going to see with the people in the country. Obviously I want to get the gang members out, the drug peddlers out. I want to get the drug dealers out. We’ve got a lot of people in this country that you can’t have, and those people we’ll get out. And then we’re going to make a decision at a later date once everything is stabilized. I think you’re going to see there’s really quite a bit of softening.” He did not address what would happen to the millions of non-violent, law-abiding undocumented immigrants currently living in the country.

Sorry to do this again, but doesn't that mean he's not going to deport the people who are already here and not criminals (or daring to be DREAMers)?

NeoXChaos

I wasnt here in 2012. How badly did you all Diablos and Pigeon had to right the ship?

The first debate probably saw this place look like this:

fire_community.gif

Gosh all you peeps who were lurking in 2012 are make me feel old. I need to go find some Gaming Age peeps to make me feel like a newbie.

i recall actually posting one of the 2012 debate threads (and randomly referencing piketty in the title for a reason i've long since forgotten)

johnsmith

remember me
Latinos for Trump founder Marco Gutierrez was just on MSNBC claiming If something is not done about illegal immigration "your're gonna have taco trucks,every corner." I could not believe what I was hearing.
https://twitter.com/jamesjgutierrez/status/771505731119919104

Fuck this Tio Tomas. What a piece of shit. Hey asshole. Trump supporters hate you too. You have an accent and you're brown. Go to a Trump rally and see how you get treated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom