• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebloo

CNN decides to step up their racism to demand Hillary give them a press conference.

CrSxEgFWgAUcJyT.jpg

I'm gonna have to agree with Turdnado Don here. What a bunch of losers. Sad!

And yet he's going to talk about tightening polls instead of how Trump has actually committed pay for play. It's disgraceful that they haven't covered the model story yet and it doesn't seems like they'll cover this.
Luckily you can count on the weekly edition of the Spoiled Milk Report for fair and accurate coverage of the news.

The whole press conference thing is so stupid. Because, if she does it, she's not going to get good will from them. They'll just bitch that it took her so long. They'll bitch about EMAILS! They'll bitch about The Clinton Foundation. Bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch.

So, just let them bitch about this because, literally, no one cares. It's stupid. The media is stupid. And, that CNN statement borders on racist. It's like racist adjacent.

The whole press conference thing is so stupid. Because, if she does it, she's not going to get good will from them. They'll just bitch that it took her so long. They'll bitch about EMAILS! They'll bitch about The Clinton Foundation. Bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch.

So, just let them bitch about this because, literally, no one cares. It's stupid. The media is stupid. And, that CNN statement borders on racist. It's like racist adjacent.
They bitch about juicers!

They bitch about blenders!

They bitch about flungers, capdabblers and smendlers!

Teggy

The Bondi story has been out there for a long time. Bondi denied quid pro quo. No one has pushed her on it and I don't see why the press will now.

Hillary should ignore demands for press conferences until after the debates

Trump keeps on self inflicting wounds

Boo boo CNN panels of shit

Gruco

Banned
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...general/?postshare=7181472757279311&tid=ss_tw

But you know, let's investigate more of Hillary!

side note: Our laws are seriously fucked up if the fine is a measly $2500 for this type of thing. How would this dissuade any rich person?
I've been wondering when Trump would start getting hit for his really shockingly transparent disregard for, like, all rules governing campaigns, not for profits, corporations, and money. This is just the tip of the iceberg on that front, but I've mostly given up hope that he'll face meaningful consequences from any regulatory entity at this point.

The focus on the Clinton foundation is really annoying, and is one of the clearest cases to me of "Clinton rules" and overall press shittiness. I can get how Trump legitimately sees it as a scandal - because he literally sees/uses his own foundation as a personal slush fund. So naturally that must be how all not-for-profit works. But fuck the press for lazily accepting that there must be something going on because optics, and basically just swallowing the argument that an organization to fight disease and poverty is a vehicle for personal corruption. From the AP to the NPR, this is appallingly wide spread, especially when the much bigger story of TRUMP'S FOUNDATION IS A PERSONAL SLUSH FUND is sitting there and SCREAMING AT THEM.

Um. Um. Um. Isn't this evidence of actual pay to play?
It is, but it is also nothing new, we've known about it for...months?

This better be a huge story.
Something something sweet summer child.

Weird shit on my local news:

Trump went to NEW Mexico, and met with their President. Yes, New Mexico is its own country, I guess!?

Also, they did this politifact thing. They rated Trump's "Hillary wants to raise taxes on African American owned businesses" as False.

But then, they decided to grade Hillary's statements on the Clinton Foundation and transparency. She said they went above what the law required. This is 100% true, but because the laws don't require a high level of transparency, they decided it was "Half-True," because the legal bar is so low.

THAT'S NOT HOW FACTS WORK

http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2016/09/01/dnc-boosting-efforts-to-turn-georgia-blue-in-november/

The Democratic National Committee will soon join the presidential fray in Georgia.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution has learned that the DNC’s southern political director, Morehouse graduate Ron Allen, will relocate to Georgia beginning Monday and will remain through the Nov. 8 election.

The party has also chosen Georgia, along with Arizona and Utah to launch its new Victory Leaders Council program designed to flip states to Democrats and mobilize volunteers and grassroots in current blue states.

Allen, who worked on then U.S. Sen. Barack Obama’s 2008 campaign in Georgia and served as regional political director in North Carolina during the 2012 re-election campaign, will help state party officials with field organization and get-out-the-vote efforts.

The moves come after Hillary Clinton’s campaign has boosted staff, opened a headquarters and committed to sending cash to the state party in an effort to turn Georgia blue in a presidential election for the first time since 1992.

The Bondi story has been out there for a long time. Bondi denied quid pro quo. No one has pushed her on it and I don't see why the press will now.

It's 3 separate stories.

1. The bribery angle

2. The coverup. The fact that he used a charity as a proxy to give money to Bondi then tried to hide it in the reporting.

3. The fact that Donald Trump is so fucking cheap that he won't spend $25,000 of his own money to save his ass.

Debirudog

How the hell does it not count when you delegate your focus to different sorts of the press? Sorry if Hillary doesn't want to focus on a gigantic swarm of EMAILS and FOUNDATION BRIBERY.

fuck this press.

I don't think they should bother spending any money on the senate race in Utah, but it may be useful for the House races there.

I love Misty Snow, but her operation is the biggest joke in the world (other than Trump's operation) and she's down by 30 points.

It would not be smart to spend money on her race.

Give money to Doug Owens though!

And yet he's going to talk about tightening polls instead of how Trump has actually committed pay for play. It's disgraceful that they haven't covered the model story yet and it doesn't seems like they'll cover this.

I heard Lawrence O'Donnell talking about it and had David Corn on to talk about it.

NeoXChaos

I love Misty Snow, but her operation is the biggest joke in the world (other than Trump's operation) and she's down by 30 points.

It would not be smart to spend money on her race.

Give money to Doug Owens though!

So how much longer till your state elects a democrat to the senate and President? Another 50 years?

State of the Senate Races:

Wisconsin:
RCP: Feingold +9.7
Huffpost: Feingold +8.9

Indiana
RCP: Bayh +7
Huffpost: N/A prediction

Illinois:
RCP: N/A prediction
Huffpost: N/A prediction

Pennsylvania
RCP: McGinty +1.8
Huffpost: McGinty +2.1

New Hampshire (neither have the new WMUR/UNH poll):

RCP: Hassan +1
Huffpost: Hassan +.8

Nevada:

RCP: Heck +.2
Huffpost: Heck +1.3

North Carolina:

RCP: Burr +2.6
Huffpost: Burr +2.2

Missouri:

RCP: Blunt +4.8
Huffpost: Blunt +5.1

Florida:

RCP: Rubio +5.7
Huffpost: Rubio +5.1

Arizona:

RCP: McCain +8
Huffpost: McCain +5.4

Ohio:

RCP: Portman +7.5
Huffpost: Portman +6.3

Iowa:

RCP: Grassley +7.7
Huffpost: Grassley +8.1

Gruco

Banned
4 seats still seems pretty likely, though it's also hard to imagine a ceiling much higher than 6.

Would be a terrible shame if there were two GOP Senators in NV, both elected in presidential years.

Willing to bet that Rubio-Murphy closes in a hurry. OH and IA are not going to happen.

Teggy

OMG

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/02/u...-voters-wayne-jackson.html?smid=tw-share&_r=0

Can't copy + paste NYT so you gotta click.

edit: That last line. Trump quoted as saying "My support is up to 8 percent and climbing." LOLOLOL

Again, how does this get out?

As always:

Hope Hicks, a spokeswoman for the Trump campaign, did not respond to questions about the campaign’s requirements for the visit and interview. She also said she was not familiar with the script.

Happens so much there is a Twitter called @hicksnocomment

So how much longer till your state elects a democrat to the senate and President? Another 50 years?

Hmmmmm

It's hard to say because Mormon conservatism has stayed strong and the birth rate of Mormons is extremely high. The state might actually get more conservative and red over the next 20 years or so as the (large) atheist demographic just has fewer children than the Mormon demographic.

A lot of Mormons will have to be convinced that there is no God for Utah to become anything other than a deep red state in the next few decades.

I think Jason Chaffetz in 2024 for Senate (Assuming Orrin Hatch runs and wins again in 2024) could lose against a socially conservative, economically liberal Dem (maaaybe Doug Owens) since Chaffetz is so dumb that he probably has some skeletons that will look bad.

edit: This post does make the (possibly bad) assumption that the GOP will continue to be the party of the religious right when the GOP may need to shed that to appeal to white male atheists that are conservative but just think the GOP is too stupid to support.

4 seats still seems pretty likely, though it's also hard to imagine a ceiling much higher than 6.

Would be a terrible shame if there were two GOP Senators in NV, both elected in presidential years.

Willing to bet that Rubio-Murphy closes in a hurry. OH and IA are not going to happen.

My guess is that WI/IL/IN/PA/NH get us to 50, and then the big question marks are NV, NC and FL. I also agree that Rubio/Murphy will probably get closer.

All things considered, getting 53 seats would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom