• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebloo

Anyone ever ask Trump how we're supposed to round up The Bad Ones and control them? If you want to get super fussy, deporting "just" the bad ones would be even harder than deporting everyone, since you'd have to screen and investigate them all on top of just arresting. Same thing with any absurd gun control measures. You'd have to go and collect everyone's guns to make sure criminals didn't still have them before everyone else got greenlit.

There are no answers to these things, of course, since it's just racist bullshit. Trump isn't going to take guns away from the dreaded Bad Guys, he's just going to take them from all black people and call it a win. He'd rather deport anyone looking vaguely hispanic and call it a day. Can anyone picture him trying to collect or suppress firearms from rural white people on terror watch lists? Hah. Track down a western europeans here over their visa limits? Hah. But please, someone do ask him how we're going to get rid of the worst people on Day One and casually sort through everyone else at our leisure.

The police knows who they are.

That's the answer, the only answer.

There is a fanfiction about Bill Clinton reading fanfiction about Hillary pegging him and then Bill asking Hillary "in real life" to peg him.

I'm not even going to read it because the premise is too amazing to be met.

CCS

Banned
There is a fanfiction about Bill Clinton reading fanfiction about Hillary pegging him and then Bill asking Hillary "in real life" to peg him.

I'm not even going to read it because the premise is too amazing to be met.

What if Bill reads this and then asks Hillary to peg him

HOW DEEP DOES IT GO?

She [Hillary] doesn’t need this shit, especially on the tail end of seven weeks stuck in a trashy van with these three yahoos: Mr. Cool and Suave, with his all-American smile, Heart Throb “B-rock” Obama, and then there’s their mess of a banjo/ tambourine/et al player [Bernie], who throws himself headlong into every kind of fight imaginable, just to see how many times he can conceivably break his nose before it just gives up and falls off his face.

He opens his mouth and she points her finger at him, judging.

She says, “No.”

Just slightest hint of sheepishness edges into his expression. He says, “I kind of got Tim arrested.”

“Of course you did.” Of course. Tim can’t help but wade righteously into whatever trouble Sandy’s [Bernie's nickname in this] gotten himself into, she really wishes they could just make out with tongues and get it over with, so they can stop using all their extra cash on bail. It’s not like this summer tour was ever going to be glamorous, but she’d appreciate a couple nights of running water.

A fanfiction based on the "Dems as an Indie Rock Band" tweet.

https://twitter.com/DanielRCarrillo/status/758499677029277696/photo/1
http://archiveofourown.org/works/7713193

PD has nothing on this.

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more
Some interesting bits.

Bear in mind that this is what Clinton said, not necessarily what the FBI independently concluded.

EDIT: Also, I enjoyed HL2 more than HL, but I only played HL after I had already played HL2, which may be coloring my views.

120v

So do the Republicans in DC even have a plan if Trump were to win? Seems like they are so sure he will lose and they can just bash Clinton for 60 days and come out okay.

But if he doesn't, they can't ignore him for 4 years. The idea that any of them can be a "check" on Trump is outrageous considering how badly they need his base and he's not afraid to call for primary challenges.

seems insiders in the trump campaign hint a trump presidency wouldn't really comprise of trump "governing" as much as it'd be a ceremonial role. and given his lack of knowledge about, well, anything i could see that

as for hill republicans i think they just want executive powers back they don't care if it's a ham sandwich in the oval office

CCS

Banned
Just quickly on the Half Life discussion, both of them are solid 8/10 games. Never got the insane hype around them though.

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more
How isn't the Colin Powell part of the FBI report bigger news?!

The Powell stuff is shady, but Clinton's reaction to what he said makes me wonder if there isn't some mitigating content in the rest of the email. That, or she's just downplaying it for some reason, like respect, friendship, or some sense of camaraderie among former Secretaries of State.

And, of course, Powell hasn't been Secretary of State in over a decade, and isn't currently running for president, so a muted response compared to Clinton is understandable.

Diablos

Meh. The polls have definitely tightened since this time last month. If she keeps dropping we are looking at a tied race.

All this bullshit over the Clinton Foundation, emails etc. are not doing any good. It's rather infuriating. The media has not been doing a good job at all in calling a lot of this out.

gcubed

Meh. The polls have definitely tightened since this time last month. If she keeps dropping we are looking at a tied race.

All this bullshit over the Clinton Foundation, emails etc. are not doing any good. It's rather infuriating. The media has not been doing a good job at all in calling a lot of this out.

15507081431_2a6d59f85b_m.jpg

It's definitely tightened a bit but there have been a number of encouraging polls in the past week as well

+7 Quinnipiac
+7 Monmouth
+7 Suffolk
+5 PPP
+5 YouGov
+4 Survey Monkey

And some decent state polls as well. Tighter race for sure but it still doesn't look close. The +2 from Fox and Tie from IDB are there true but polling is noisy and that's why we have aggregates.
That PPP poll hasn't shifted since their last one post-convention either, except that Clinton and Trump have shed some support to undecideds.

Latino Decisions will be releasing Hispanic-only polling of Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Nevada, North Carolina and Virginia next Friday. Fun! Their last national poll had Clinton leading Trump by 51 points with Hispanics (70-19).

Clefargle

Jimmy Dore continues to embarrass himself on TYT pushing the nonsensical idea that trump is not dangerous and Clinton is the true evil. He keeps doing this and it's about to make me unsub. Even the other host dismissively destroys his arguments with just a couple of questions. His r/s4p talking points are getting old and his petulant whataboutism has lost any entertainment value it once had. But tyt gonna keep him around because he makes stein voters feel like pure little snowflakes. What a useless moronic contrarian with no concept of nuance whatsoever.

I think the poll tightening is also enthusiasm related. Hillary not doing any campaigning makes supporters less likely to answer pollsters when coverage is blanketed by Trump especially since that coverage was positive compared to what happened after the convention.

You thought a candidate would be up 8-12 points indefinitely? The polls were always going to tighten. The more important thing worth noting is that Trump still has a 40-44% ceiling whereas Clinton hovers around 50%. Trump isn't making strides, people are simply fluctuating on their support for Clinton.

If she keeps dropping Trump is going to win in a landslide. He could win all 50 states and 90% of the popular vote. Time to purchase a fallout shelter.

Measley

Jimmy Dore continues to embarrass himself on TYT pushing the nonsensical idea that trump is not dangerous and Clinton is the true evil. He keeps doing this and it's about to make me unsub. Even the other host dismissively destroys his arguments with just a couple of questions. His r/s4p talking points are getting old and his petulant whataboutism has lost any entertainment value it once had. But tyt gonna keep him around because he makes stein voters feel like pure little snowflakes. What a useless moronic contrarian with no concept of nuance whatsoever.

Holy shit, you're not kidding. Just saw that segment and it was ridiculous and completely tone-deaf. Trump getting to choose supreme court justices alone proves him wrong.

Real Taco talk:

The Taco Truck meme has taken over my Facebook. And while some people have pointed out that the underlying racism of the statement about "dominant culture" is being ignored, I think that's a good thing. The Taco Truck talk is great because it shows just how normalized Mexican culture already is, and how we are a melting pot nation. It completely defangs some of the racism.

Like, there is an open seat on the Supreme Court RIGHT NOW. And whoever fills it gets to shape the Court for a generation. Anyone arguing Trump is a lesser evil because his impact will only be felt for the next four years has zero comprehension of how American government works. Also, four years is actually a really fucking long time.

I did get into it with a guy on FB once who argued that it didn't matter because "It usually takes four years on average for cases to make it to the Supreme Court" (hey idiot, Trump's appointments would be on the Court for thirty years, does it really matter whether abortion is banned in 2017 or 2020?), and also that because of gridlock, no candidate more extreme than Merrick Garland is going to make it through Congress (congratulations for having way more faith than I do in Senate Democrats not to roll over or McConnell not to nuke the filibuster right away).

At some point you realize you can't reason with people. The only thing Clinton can do to prove them wrong is be a great president, but even then people will still argue that Sanders or Stein would have done more. Completely ignoring things like composition of the legislative or judiciary branch or historical context.

Retro

1DqUOaO.jpg

You guys are going back and forth over such minor fluctuations in the polls that I'm now getting ads for math tutoring. It's like GAF itself is saying "That's not how math works, guys, chillax."

Real Taco talk:

The Taco Truck meme has taken over my Facebook. And while some people have pointed out that the underlying racism of the statement about "dominant culture" is being ignored, I think that's a good thing. The Taco Truck talk is great because it shows just how normalized Mexican culture already is, and how we are a melting pot nation. It completely defangs some of the racism.

And anyone who doesn't like it will have to shut up and quesadilla'l with it. The only thing this has done is made the nation as a whole crave mexican food. Maybe next week he'll come out against Italians. Specifically ones in Chicago. Ones who own deep dishes.

Crayons

Banned
This is gonna end badly
I don't know what you're talking about. I always have a big finish.

Then idea of having sex with a GAFfer is exciting though. Are GAFfers better than 4channers at taking Crayon's pipe? Find out next week of CrayonsTV.

FYI

We're on season 2 of Arrested Development.

I'm a Lucille. But bitchier. And with better hair.

I knew you would identify with Lucille. God, I love her. Best character.

Real Taco talk:

This meme has been awesome. Since it's like, okay, even if I listen to your ridiculous exaggeration, who gives a shit? This country would be better off with more authentic cuisine readily available to the masses. Beats traditional fast food everywhere. In that regard we already have awful White People Food all over the place. Good for local business and the economy in general, too! Reminds me of the "Obama is a mooslim" thing. Like, he isn't, but even if he were, who gives a shit? There's no religious test to be POTUS. It's nothing but blatant xenophobia. The sorts of statements I can't ever recall a Democrat saying.

I don't know what you're talking about. I always have a big finish.

Then idea of having sex with a GAFfer is exciting though. Are GAFfers better than 4channers at taking Crayon's pipe? Find out next week of CrayonsTV.

I knew you would identify with Lucille. God, I love her. Best character.

I can't decide if "Mine was better" or "Where are we going after?" is the best line in television history.

HylianTom

Banned
Like, there is an open seat on the Supreme Court RIGHT NOW. And whoever fills it gets to shape the Court for a generation. Anyone arguing Trump is a lesser evil because his impact will only be felt for the next four years has zero comprehension of how American government works. Also, four years is actually a really fucking long time.

I did get into it with a guy on FB once who argued that it didn't matter because "It usually takes four years on average for cases to make it to the Supreme Court" (hey idiot, Trump's appointments would be on the Court for thirty years, does it really matter whether abortion is banned in 2017 or 2020?), and also that because of gridlock, no candidate more extreme than Merrick Garland is going to make it through Congress (congratulations for having way more faith than I do in Senate Democrats not to roll over or McConnell not to nuke the filibuster right away).

At some point you realize you can't reason with people. The only thing Clinton can do to prove them wrong is be a great president, but even then people will still argue that Sanders or Stein would have done more. Completely ignoring things like composition of the legislative or judiciary branch or historical context.

I have to admit.. when the newly-liberal court starts issuing its rulings, it's going to be damn hard for me to not be in snark mode with some of these {redacted adjective} folks.

"Wow.. wouldja look at that - another major progressive SCOTUS victory, courtesy of Obama & Clinton. I am.. so.. shocked."

I have to admit.. when the newly-liberal court starts issuing its rulings, it's going to be damn hard for me to not be in snark mode with some of these {redacted adjective} folks.

"Wow.. wouldja look at that - another major progressive SCOTUS victory, courtesy of Obama & Clinton. I am.. so.. shocked."
Even seeing the moderate liberal nudge out of just the split court, I've become just as excited about the idea of a liberal court for 20 years as much as I am about Hillary winning the presidency. With how congress is now, even if she gets Democrats in control of both chambers, more can be done via the court settling state laws and executive orders.

rSpooky

So now they released the fbi notes Trump wants video?? Whats next? Lie detector test results? And why is the media even giving him a platform all the time for this without calling him on his insanity? grrrrr

I know right?

I'm sure I've mentioned this like a million times but I have a friend whose big pet issue is Citizens United, is mad that Obama "hasn't done anything about it" and has absolutely zero faith that Clinton will do anything about it either because she takes money from SuperPACs. Oh the crow that will be served.

Bowdz

Have you guys read the WaPo article on Clinton and Hispanics? I'm on mobile and don't want to copy and post the whole thing and the actual post on the WaPo website article is fucked up, but it has me shook right now.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...e428a975e_story.html?client=ms-android-google

Basically it says that Clinton is doing the same with Hispanics as Obama in 2012 despite Trump's historic unfavorables. That is the reason NV and FL are so tight. They point out that Clinton's favorability with Hispanics has dropped from 70% to 55% in August and that the campaign is only now going to start rolling out Spanish only ads.

WHAT THE FUCK MOOK?!?

Dierce

Have you guys read the WaPo article on Clinton and Hispanics? I'm on mobile and don't want to copy and post the whole thing and the actual post on the WaPo website is fucked up, but it has me shook right now.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...e428a975e_story.html?client=ms-android-google

Basically it says that Clinton is doing the same with Hispanics as Obama in 2012 despite Trump's historic unfavorables. That is the reason NV and FL are so tight. They point out that Clinton's favorability with Hispanics has dropped from 70% to 55% in August and that the campaign is only now going to start rolling out Spanish only ads.

WHAT THE FUCK MOOK?!?
Disinformation is very damaging and the Clinton campaign has done a terribly job at countering it. They can still turn it around though.

Grief.exe

I know right?

I'm sure I've mentioned this like a million times but I have a friend whose big pet issue is Citizens United, is mad that Obama "hasn't done anything about it" and has absolutely zero faith that Clinton will do anything about it either because she takes money from SuperPACs. Oh the crow that will be served.

Show him what a conservative court has done to pick apart Roe v Wade or the Voting Rights Act.

It's my understanding that the Citizens United ruling essentially made unlimited Super PAC donations free speech, so Congress' hands are tied to a degree. The best we can do is chip away at it over the next decade.

Have you guys read the WaPo article on Clinton and Hispanics? I'm on mobile and don't want to copy and post the whole thing and the actual post on the WaPo website article is fucked up, but it has me shook right now.

WHAT THE FUCK MOOK?!?
Clinton is doing about the same with Hispanics as Obama did in 2012 in raw percentage, but Trump is doing worse than Romney did so her margin is wider. You can't compare pre-election polls to exit polls.

Also Obama's 2012 victory was a high water mark for Democrats and Hispanics. He did worse with them in 08 even with a bigger victory overall.

Not much to worry about here I should think?

Show him what a conservative court has done to pick apart Roe v Wade or the Voting Rights Act.

It's my understanding that the Citizens United ruling essentially made unlimited Super PAC donations free speech, so Congress' hands are tied to a degree. The best we can do is chip away at it over the next decade.
The Court can reverse precedent. Ideally a Democratic House and Senate could pass another campaign finance law and have it upheld by the new SCOTUS majority. I wouldn't be surprised if Feingold was planning on doing this upon returning to the Senate.

Zukkoyaki

Trump has also only gotten around 20% of the Hispanic vote in the Florida state polls. Didn't Romney and McCaine get around 40%?

Bowdz

Clinton is doing about the same with Hispanics as Obama did in 2012 in raw percentage, but Trump is doing worse than Romney did so her margin is wider. You can't compare pre-election polls to exit polls.

Also Obama's 2012 victory was a high water mark for Democrats and Hispanics. He did worse with them in 08 even with a bigger victory overall.

Not much to worry about here I should think?

The Court can reverse precedent. Ideally a Democratic House and Senate could pass another campaign finance law and have it upheld by the new SCOTUS majority. I wouldn't be surprised if Feingold was planning on doing this upon returning to the Senate.

What freaks me out is Clinton's favorability rating dropping 15% in a month with a core constituency. I think that is consistent with what we've seen from other polls this month which show her unfavorables rising. In addition to that, I'm baffled that they've just started to run Spanish language campaign ads. I'm not concerned in the broader sense because of the what you pointed out (especially considering the hispanic vote will likely increase this cycle), but I do think it's safe to say that the Clinton campaign chose a strategy of fundraising aggressively out of the public eye in August and that it has had some negative consequences (like letting Trump's negative attacks stick in the media) which need to be addressed going forward.

Diablos

WHAT THE FUCK MOOK?!?
Aw, shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom