• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Found this on Imgur. I laughed.

TTI9Xde.jpg

sazzy

What's sad about Ben Carson is that he's an exceptionally brilliant neurosurgeon, but a terrible politician/person.

What's sad about Ben Carson is that he's an exceptionally brilliant neurosurgeon, but a terrible politician/person.

People can compartmentalize. At its core, his medical knowledge doesn't require him to avoid being a conspiracy theorist or an idiot. Same goes for more professional fields; hell, I've known biology teachers who didn't believe in evolution (but they still got those questions correct going through school. Just didn't believe what they were answering).

Debirudog

I have an Earth Science teacher that tried to have us argue why global warming is a hoax...Using a fox news article....

:shudders:

Slizeezyc

People can compartmentalize. At its core, his medical knowledge doesn't require him to avoid being a conspiracy theorist or an idiot. Same goes for more professional fields; hell, I've known biology teachers who didn't believe in evolution (but they still got those questions correct going through school. Just didn't believe what they were answering).

It's true, I had a teacher in medical school who believed every INSANE conspiracy theory in medicine and beyond you could imagine. But she still taught everything legit and by the book and followed all rules, but man you talk to her and you walk away thinking "holy crap is she insane."

My earth science teacher in 9th grade called me a f-ggot.
My college earth science teacher worked for NASA back in the day, and didn't believe in the moon landing. The only thing he taught was orbital velocity and shit. He covered none of the $200 textbook.

Eh, she says a lot of absolute garbage. Whether or not she believes it, is another question entirely. She panders to anti-vaxxers and wifi truthers (is that a thing?)

I don't imagine the money is good enough to warrant lying though. She's probably actually insane like that.

Unfortunately it is.
That's stupid. Sometimes, humanity is a mistake. Sad.
I don't imagine the money is good enough to warrant lying though. She's probably actually insane like that.
I mean, if you don't want to practice any more and want to play Let's pretend President every 4 years.....maybe? I'm sure she believes some of it. I don't think she's savvy enough to play along wink wink nudge nudge without at least entertaining the idea.

You ever get drunk but then you're 100% not drunk....but you are drunk, but everything you're saying makes perfect sense and you're in a zen drunk state?
That's me right now.

Breaking: Thousands of People Remotely Harrassed By Government Mind Control Initiative

Cheryl Welsh has been the target of a secret U.S. government mind-control experiment for almost 30 years.

[...] A former medical receptionist in Sacramento, Welsh was a freshman at the University of California, Davis in 1987 when she noticed electrical appliances were “remotely targeted to harass,” her. Phones, cars, typewriters, and TVs would stop working at inopportune times.

Soon, Welsh became convinced that her thoughts were being read by unknown external forces, “24/7, with precision.” She says staged situations played out on the street in front of her, engineered by strangers who appeared to know exactly what she was thinking.

Welsh was terrified. But she was too embarrassed to say anything to anyone for fear of sounding crazy.

“I’ve always trusted my mental health, and I don’t believe in the supernatural, or UFOs, or anything like that,” Welsh said. “So I knew I wasn’t imagining these things.”

She set out to find others who had experienced similar phenomena, and found that she was not alone. Welsh eventually came to the conclusion that she was the subject of covert US government testing. After all, she explains, who but the government possessed the technological know-how to cause what she was experiencing?

When asked what she has done to try and stop the harassment, Welsh responds, “What haven’t I done? I’ve hired scientists, electronics experts, private investigators, and more. I was interviewed on CNN and they had their electronics expert come out and test my home, but they didn’t find anything. Well, of course they didn’t find anything — they didn’t look for military signals.”

People like Welsh, who started a nonprofit called Mindjustice.org in 1996, call themselves “targeted individuals” or “TIs.” Kevin Bond, an unemployed bartender in Palm Springs, California, says he believes a local family drugged him, implanted a microchip in his head while he was unconscious, and now controls his thoughts and behavior. “H.D.,” a tenured professor at a West Coast university who wished to keep his real name private, is convinced his brain is being manipulated by electronic frequencies coming from a nearby government installation.

The number of people who identify as TIs, though difficult to pin down definitively, has been estimated to exceed 10,000. Yet, according to the New York Times, which this summer profiled a woman who believed the NSA had brainwashed her friends and neighbors into believing she was a terrorist, “the phenomenon remains virtually unresearched.”

Roger Tolces, a former Los Angeles audio-visual equipment salesman, now runs a “professional private investigative agency with the ability to find and then help you to eliminate Electronic Harassment.”

[...]

On his website, Tolces sells an “Electrostatic Active Shield System” for “about $1,000.”

“Any directed energy attack is deflected off this energy field giving the targeted individual the ability to get ongoing relief,” the product description reads.

TIs also spend considerable sums of money on products that promise protection from things like “remote brain manipulation,” “psychotronic weapons,” and “psychic and spiritual attacks.”

One such item is the QuWave Defender, which comes in four versions: Personal ($297), Tabletop ($499), Triple Tabletop (currently on sale for $997), and Briefcase Sentinel ($1,197). It supposedly generates what the Los Angeles-based company calls a “Scalar Wave Field,” a special frequency possessing the “unique property of being able to interfere with harmful rays, reduce the effect and functioning of implants, and act as a barrier to psycho-electronic harmful signals aimed at the individual

Emil DeToffol, LessEMF.com’s president, said there are “many thousands of people who are genuinely sensitive to electromagnetic frequencies (EMF) and do require shielding and meters,” he says. [...] "But there is a subset who claim or believe that they are being targeted by the government or aliens or whomever it may be.”

“They’re looking for shielding materials, garments, fabrics, metals, paints, and meters for measuring, but oftentimes they can’t really articulate what they’re trying to shield from or trying to measure,” said DeToffol.

“Of course since it's impossible to logically prove a negative, I can't say categorically that there is no ‘Men Who Talk to Goats’ program or technologies out there,” Metz says. “But if there is, I don't know anything about it.”

Cheryl Welsh, for one, isn’t convinced.

“I continue to find substantiating evidence of what I think is going on with secret neuroweapons,” she argues, adding that none of the various products and services she has purchased have been any help at all. “They promise these amazing results, but it’s really just phony baloney stuff.”

Truly chilling stuff.

Why post this. The story is about these poor people getting scammed due to their angst, and those are the things you quote and bold? If you're mocking them, it doesn't come across that amusing at all.
1) I edited it to make it look like a serious story about government mind control. This makes people more likely to click it.
2) I'm posting it because this is actually a serious story I want people to read.
3) I'm not mocking them. They have mental health issues. I take that seriously. But I did find my rendition humorous.

Where do I find guys like you? Someone to make me food would indeed be >60% of the battle, by my estimate.
I'm pretty sure my bf thinks that me doing his laundry and cooking his meals is a turn on for me. Which, I don't mind, tbh. If he didn't eat like a horse, it'd help though.

The one night my bf cooked the kids asked me if we'd had a fight because they didn't want to eat his food. :p The other night he asked if I'd cook biscuits and gravy for dinner. He thought that biscuits and gravy came out of their own respective cans. When I made him watch how you make gravy, he thought it was wizardry.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
:p I missed a comma. :( Mess.

I love how a missing comma can change an entire meaning.
Kind of a failing of english as a language.

That's nowhere near as bad as some. I should make note of the really hilarious ones.

Foffy

Banned
I'm pretty sure my bf thinks that me doing his laundry and cooking his meals is a turn on for me. Which, I don't mind, tbh. If he didn't eat like a horse, it'd help though.

The one night my bf cooked the kids asked me if we'd had a fight because they didn't want to eat his food. :p The other night he asked if I'd cook biscuits and gravy for dinner. He thought that biscuits and gravy came out of their own respective cans. When I made him watch how you make gravy, he thought it was wizardry.

Nobody said this, but it must be said...

He took cat food to a meta level.

I miss one comma and I never hear the end of it. I make entire post with no good ideas, and people just smile and nod. I feel very attacked right now. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom