• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
so, honest question here that is not at all motivated by disdain for OT

pigeon's thread aside (given that it was actually a new development, namely the FBI's report being released), what exactly do we gain from continuing to discuss clinton's emails

It seems obvious after the report that:

1.) It was used as a matter of convenience.
2.) It was not intentionally used as a vector to communicate confidential information.

So, in essence, if she used a less flexible .gov email, what difference would it have made?
I would think if you reviewed any .gov email, from people in similar positions, you would likely find a similar number of accidental confidential emails, especially being received. Add in the arguments between departments as to what should be classified, and this is the biggest overblown story of the election.

[NY Times Fashion & Style] Cher’s Latest Road Show? The Campaign Trail

Just for Adam
She is self-aware enough to know her impetuousness may cause trouble for her and Mrs. Clinton. That is why she sheepishly acknowledged, “I’m trying not to use any bad words.”

CHER KNOWS MY STRUGGLE.
Cher should give a press conference.

I can picture it now.

Reporter: CHER CHER!
Cher: Yes, you in the ugly ass jacket.
Reporter: Kyle Williams NYT. WHy do you think Hillary is a liar?
Cher:
giphy.gif

so, honest question here that is not at all motivated by disdain for OT

pigeon's thread aside (given that it was actually a new development, namely the FBI's report being released), what exactly do we gain from continuing to discuss clinton's emails
Nothing. Someone said recently that eventually, optics isn't a real story, and you need to point to something really. The purpose of journalism is to inform and provide context. If you propagate bad optics without real villainy, then you're actually just misinforming and obscuring context. That's not what journalism is for.

It seems obvious after the report that:

1.) It was used as a matter of convenience.
2.) It was not intentionally used as a vector to communicate confidential information.
This isn't true. We know now that spymaster sid blumenthal sent sensitive intelligence several times through that email address.

Haha of course!

When half way through the journey of our life
I found that I was in a gloomy wood,
because the path which led aright was lost.
And ah, how hard it is to say just what
this wild and rough and stubborn woodland was,
the very thought of which renews my fear!
So bitter ’t is, that death is little worse;
but of the good to treat which there I found,
I ’ll speak of what I else discovered there.
I cannot well say how I entered it,
so full of slumber was I at the moment
when I forsook the pathway of the truth

The Divine Comedy begins with Dante already lost in an oppressive environment from which he knows no escape. He doesn't remember how he arrived there, he only knows of his suffering within its borders, so much so that the fear of death barely overwhelms his own sense of despair. As he wanders in circles, his only companions are exotic and threatening beasts.

Then lo, not far from where the ascent began,
a Leopard which, exceeding light and swift,
was covered over with a spotted hide,
and from my presence did not move away;
nay, rather, she so hindered my advance,
that more than once I turned me to go back

Next appeared before me, of a Lion,
— against me this one seemed to be advancing
with head erect and with such raging hunger,
that even the air seemed terrified thereby —
and of a she-Wolf, which with every lust
seemed in her leanness laden, and had caused
many ere now to lead unhappy lives.
The latter so oppressed me with the fear
that issued from her aspect, that I lost
the hope I had of winning to the top.

Before we even begin altering text, it is clear that Dante envisions Hell as the Cincinatti Zoo. Harambe mulls inside, ever circling a land filled with angry and territorial animals. This is the only world he can remember. He would take any opportunity to escape its confines, including death. What Harambe doesn't realize is that this prison is death itself, and death cannot release him. There is only hope, instead, for his soul.

A thoughtful critic might say: "But Finale, the gloomy wood is decidedly a web of sin. Certainly Harambe, in his purity, cannot be so easily transplanted into a narrative setting characterized by deadly vice."

And you would be correct. Harambe is innocent, and the gloomy wood is a maze of sin. However, these knotty trees and twisted roots are the sin of man. A zoo, perhaps man's most hubristic monument, bastardizes God's earth by reducing nature, and life itself, to a medium for its amusement. Harambe, born into and ultimately consumed by the sins of men, is thematically at home in Dante's wood.

Harambe's Inferno writes itself.

This election is so depressing. It's either going to be:

Trump wins, and 4-8 years of darkness and protests.

Clinton wins, is still treated like a loser, and the GOP learns nothing from its loss like last time.

This election is so depressing. It's either going to be:

Trump wins, and 4-8 years of darkness and protests.

Clinton wins, is still treated like a loser, and the GOP learns nothing from its loss like last time.

Unless Clinton manages to get both House and Senate I feel the same way. :/

"The people didn't give the Democrats full control so they want us to block her agenda."

mo60

538 is now showing trump winning iowa in all election forecast models.The other election forecast models don't show this. I think Hillary will win Iowa by 3 to 5 points in the end.

Familiar? Like, Melania Trump familiar?

Or familiar in the sense that, as PoliGAF, we all live in a gnarled plane of wicked and perverse scenery, ever blind to the forest of damnation theough the trees of our transgressions?

Familiar in the sense that if you asked me to display a numerical calculation of a forum in which all interactions trap you in a hellscape from which there is no departure and in which you will forget what life was like before you entered, my answer would be 3.

I'm getting real tired of the white outrage at the uppity half black man not "respecting" the national anthem.

Incidents like these always remind me of Earnest V Starr. He was sentenced to 10-20 years in prison for refusing to kiss an American flag. This was in 1870.

https://en.m.wikiquote.org/wiki/Earnest_V._Starr

It would be more hilarious if, you know, we didn't have people today losing their goddamn minds over flags and songs.

The Divine Comedy begins with Dante already lost in an oppressive environment from which he knows no escape. He doesn't remember how he arrived there, he only knows of his suffering within its borders, so much so that the fear of death barely overwhelms his own sense of despair. As he wanders in circles, his only companions are exotic and threatening beasts.

Before we even begin altering text, it is clear that Dante envisions Hell as the Cincinatti Zoo. Harambe mulls inside, ever circling a land filled with angry and territorial animals. This is the only world he can remember. He would take any opportunity to escape its confines, including death. What Harambe doesn't realize is that this prison is death itself, and death cannot release him. There is only hope, instead, for his soul.

A thoughtful critic might say: "But Finale, the gloomy wood is decidedly a web of sin. Certainly Harambe, in his purity, cannot be so easily transplanted into a narrative setting characterized by deadly vice."

And you would be correct. Harambe is innocent, and the gloomy wood is a maze of sin. However, these knotty trees and twisted roots are the sin of man. A zoo, perhaps man's most hubristic monument, bastardizes God's earth by reducing nature, and life itself, to a medium for its amusement. Harambe, born into and ultimately consumed by the sins of men, is thematically at home in Dante's wood.

Harambe's Inferno writes itself.

Post of the year?
It definitely gets my vote.

Debirudog

Jamelle knows what's up.

But the foundation thing should not have been an issue if the media shut it's damn trap for once. Questionable reporting all around. It just pisses me off that the Clinton Foundation has an A-ranking amongst transparency but even the lowly haters just has to find something...which is nothing. Nothing but this feels like a cooked-up scandal to make the race closer. Yet, when Trump has his charity scandals which is actually apparent, the media looks away like a fucking coward.

Fuck the AP for the misleading headline, fuck New York Times for spinning Huma as some liability and fuck the media for ignoring all the scandals that should have sunk Trump's campaign. He's the real criminal here and you're letting him get away with it.

Fuck this click-bait obsessive trash hole.

Jamelle knows what's up.

But the foundation thing should not have been an issue if the media shut it's damn trap for once. Questionable reporting all around. It just pisses me off that the Clinton Foundation has an A-ranking amongst transparency but even the lowly haters just has to find something...which is nothing. Nothing but this feels like a cooked-up scandal to make the race closer. Yet, when Trump has his charity scandals which is actually apparent, the media looks away like a fucking coward.

Fuck the AP for the misleading headline, fuck New York Times for spinning Huma as some liability and fuck the media for ignoring all the scandals that should have sunk Trump's campaign. He's the real criminal here and you're letting him get away with it.

Fuck this click-bait obsessive trash hole.

yo

have you considered a chill pill

market forces dictate that the media tends toward reaffirming preexisting biases of its viewership and milking scandals for ratings

Debirudog

yo

have you considered a chill pill

market forces dictate that the media tends toward reaffirming preexisting biases of its viewership and milking scandals for ratings
But the foundation of all things! Ugh. I don't care if they want to milk the emails but...when good deeds have to be spun into scandals, it doesn't sit right with me.

Considering it's a field I am studying for, I feel extra ticked off because I honestly believe ethics are important in journalism (as stupid as that sounds because of gamergate). Yeah, I understand why they do it but it feels like the media is a whole lot more worse than how I thought it would be. I should know better but it's still frustrating.

There's a reason why people are increasingly distrust the media. They know they're doing it for ratings and money. Not for their interest. They're making it harder for people who want to make a difference for the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom