• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously don't like this invisible Hillary campaign.

They need to be out there 24/7 making the case for Hillary. Just relying on Trump to implode isn't as good. Blanket TV with surrogates who can raise the stories from Trump's past. And yes, gold press conferences. Gives big speeches mixed in with the small events Hillary likes to do.

people pick on you because they love you, Adam.
Awww
We love you Adam. Well probably love your mom more but still.
Hahaha. :p

You want a mom story? I told this in chat the other day.

The 7 year old asked if he could call my mom Grandma. My mom said of course, he can call her anything he wants. He thought about it for a minute and said "I'm going to call you Crooked Grandma because you like Hillary"

Debirudog

Awww

Hahaha. :p

You want a mom story? I told this in chat the other day.

The 7 year old asked if he could call my mom Grandma. My mom said of course, he can call her anything he wants. He thought about it for a minute and said "I'm going to call you Crooked Grandma because you like Hillary"

Kid should've called her abuela. A big fat mistake. Mess.

Random17

Eh, she says a lot of absolute garbage. Whether or not she believes it, is another question entirely. She panders to anti-vaxxers and wifi truthers (is that a thing?)
It's more far likely that she is pandering to the voters who tend to vote for the American Greens, the so called hippie types. I'm generally inclined to think of politicians as more cunning than stupid.

Didn't really keep up with this thread today because I was too busy watching football (On Wisconsin!)

Slate and Salon are utterly interchangeable in my mind; I keep forgetting that they're two different sites.

They've always seemed like different sites to me. Slate tends to be contrarian to a fault, making arguments that are just a little too cute for their own good. Salon is more just not very good left wing articles in my mind.

Didn't really keep up with this thread today because I was too busy watching football (On Wisconsin!)

They've always seemed like different sites to me. Slate tends to be contrarian to a fault, making arguments that are just a little too cute for their own good. Salon is more just not very good left wing articles in my mind.

i love wisconsin right now. so good.

CCS

Banned
Off to referee my first rugby game ever today, it's a ladies game.

Gonna try and avoid being #crookedlikeHillary

thebloo

Eh, she says a lot of absolute garbage. Whether or not she believes it, is another question entirely. She panders to anti-vaxxers and wifi truthers (is that a thing?)

Maybe I'm missing some context, but she offered the wifi comment willingly. She was being asked about the evil of having kids using computers in school.

As much as I see Trump supporters online I have never met a single one that actually campaigns for him. You'd think he'd have more volunteers.

CCS

Banned
As much as I see Trump supporters online I have never met a single one that actually campaigns for him. You'd think he'd have more volunteers.

A lot of people are far more comfortable being racist pricks online than going round admitting it in person.

benjipwns

Banned
No website has gotten more terrible faster than Salon and it's still digging. It's almost kinda amazing to watch.

Though their "beards are a secret conservative signal" article was the best of it. (Followed by the one that argued that someone who wrote an article that in it said communism had claimed 110 million lives was part of a vicious fascist smear campaign and the angry Salon author linked to a count that said it was only 100 million as proof.)

The funny thing about Slate is that contrarian thing wasn't originally just #SlatePitch but because they had a number of writers who went against the grain on two or three issues like Mickey Kaus before he went insane about immigrants. Or Hitchens. All those people left and that somehow morphed into them trying to "force" it rather than, you know, actually finding more of those types.

benjipwns

Banned
Holy shit, Salon did two separate articles on CONSERVATIVE BEARDS SECRET MESSAGE:
http://www.salon.com/2013/10/20/the_secret_conservative_message_of_the_duck_dynasty_beards/
http://www.salon.com/2015/12/25/the...ters_here_come_the_counterculture_christians/

Also, Yglesias's greatest post at Slate:
http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2013/08/15/eating_lunch_outside_sucks_stay_inside.html
The Slate D.C. office very much has a "sad desk salad" office culture, which I don't approve of, so I was excited when a colleague proposed today that a bunch of us should all eat lunch together outside in Dupont Circle. It's a great idea. Sharing a meal with others is fun. And you get good ideas through casual conversation. For example, I mentioned that I thought the one flaw in this plan was the outside element of it. Why eat outside when the excellent option of inside is also available?

The obvious flaw with eating outside is that the weather is often unpleasant. That's why people aren't suggesting that we eat outside all the time. Only on special "it's such a nice day!" kind of days do people want to go outside. But what's a nice day? Well, it's a day when the temperature outside approximates the results of indoor climate control technology.

Another big problem with eating outside is it's often difficult to find tables and chairs, so you end up (as we did today) sitting in the dirt. Outside proponents like to refer to this dirt as "grass" but if you look at it you'll see that the blades of grass are mostly just resting atop dirt. If you sit on the "grass" for a while and then stand up, the parts of your body that were in contact will the grass will be covered in "dirt."
It's his "how do I netflix" opus probably.

It's more far likely that she is pandering to the voters who tend to vote for the American Greens, the so called hippie types. I'm generally inclined to think of politicians as more cunning than stupid.
She could be doing a way better job in this year though. A left flank could've actually picked off some of those third party youth/Bernie voters.

benjipwns

Banned
I very much enjoy the trash. Hence why I try to share my love of comments despite the bigots who oppose viewing the truth of the human soul.

I blame MST3K.

Really though I just consume an ungodly amount of data with no actual goal or sometimes there's a goal but there stops being one. Like that stuff I posted about John Rankin the other day. There was a goal that LED to me reading about him, but I either achieved the goal or forgot about it well before I got to the pages about him and then I was onto that fun.

If I posted seriously things I found interesting or compelling or thoughtful on politologie rather than abjectly neglecting it until I remember that I have it and that some lonely soul actually follows it, once a week probably wouldn't be a problem even when I'm busy with those people and their endless demands. Can't they see I'm already working on something and its value is much higher than whatever it is they want? Never do they bring me something like a compendium of the most racist things John Rankin has said on the House floor.

In other words, I literally have no idea. Your answer was probably more accurate.

It'd probably be very much an extension of the history, philosophy, anarchist critique form that it currently exists as rather than falling into current events or current elections. Aside from things like awesome campaign ads or Ben Carson suddenly remembering to find his luggage or CNN's hilarious interview with that Trump pastor. Those kinds of things or Vladimir Putin being arrested would get the politiogie treatment vs. some kind of analysis of those recent "here's why I was lying about previous Republican candidates but you can believe me about Trump" pieces.

You'll have to go back to my old blog from the Bush first term for that kind of "POLITICO" engagement.

This is a roundabout way of saying that one thing I enjoy reading is old "contemporary" sources. Like a couple weeks ago searching for something I came across the free archives for Washington Monthly. After dealing with whatever I wanted, it was enjoyable to "in hindsight" read some of the articles.

A conversation elsewhere about "alt-right" vs. the early 2000's "South Park Republican/Conservative" trend led me to this from 2003-ish which was a fun read in hindsight:
http://www.city-journal.org/html/we’re-not-losing-culture-wars-anymore-12482.html
Andrew Sullivan dubs the fans of all this cable-nurtured satire “South Park Republicans”—people who “believe we need a hard-ass foreign policy and are extremely skeptical of political correctness” but also are socially liberal on many issues, Sullivan explains. Such South Park Republicanism is a real trend among younger Americans, he observes: South Park’s typical viewer, for instance, is an advertiser-ideal 28.

Talk to right-leaning college students, and it’s clear that Sullivan is onto something. Arizona State undergrad Eric Spratling says the definition fits him and his Republican pals perfectly. “The label is really about rejecting the image of conservatives as uptight squares—crusty old men or nerdy kids in blue blazers. We might have long hair, smoke cigarettes, get drunk on weekends, have sex before marriage, watch R-rated movies, cuss like sailors—and also happen to be conservative, or at least libertarian.” Recent Stanford grad Craig Albrecht says most of his young Bush-supporter friends “absolutely cherish” South Park–style comedy “for its illumination of hypocrisy and stupidity in all spheres of life.” It just so happens, he adds, “that most hypocrisy and stupidity take place within the liberal camp.”

Further supporting Sullivan’s contention, Gavin McInnes, co-founder of Vice—a “punk-rock-capitalist” entertainment corporation that publishes the hipster bible Vice magazine, produces CDs and films, runs clothing stores, and claims (plausibly) to have been “deep inside the heads of 18–30s for the past 10 years”—spots “a new trend of young people tired of being lied to for the sake of the ‘greater good.’ ” Especially on military matters, McInnes believes, many twenty-somethings are disgusted with the Left. The knee-jerk Left’s days “are numbered,” McInnes tells The American Conservative. “They are slowly but surely being replaced with a new breed of kid that isn’t afraid to embrace conservatism.”

the more things change:
Nowhere does Fox differ more radically from the mainstream television and press than in its robustly pro-U.S. coverage of the War on Terror. After September 11, the American flag appeared everywhere, from the lapels of the anchormen to the corner of the screen. Ailes himself wrote to President Bush, urging him to strike back hard against al-Qaida. On-air personalities and reporters freely referred to “our” troops instead of “U.S. forces,” and Islamist “terrorists” and “evildoers” instead of “militants.” Such open displays of patriotism are anathema to today’s liberal journalists, who see “taking sides” as a betrayal of journalistic objectivity.

Asman demurs. For the free media to take sides against an enemy bent on eradicating the free society itself, he argues, isn’t unfair or culturally biased; it is the only possible logical and moral stance. And to call bin Ladin a “militant,” as Reuters does, is to betray the truth, not uphold it. “Terrorism is terrorism,” Asman says crisply. “We know what it is, and we know how to define it, just as our viewers know what it is. So we’re not going to play with them: when we see an act of terror, we’re going to call it terror.” On television news, anyway, Fox alone seemed to grasp this essential point from September 11 on. Says Asman: “CNN, MSNBC, the media generally were not declarative enough in calling a spade a spade.”
All these remarkable, brand-new transformations have sent the Left reeling. Fox News especially is driving liberals wild. Former vice president Al Gore likens Fox to an evil right-wing “fifth column,” and he yearns to set up a left-wing competitor, as if a left-wing media didn’t already exist. Comedian and activist Al Franken’s new book Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them is one long jeremiad against Fox. Washington Post media critic Tom Shales calls Fox a “propaganda mill.” The Columbia Journalism School’s Todd Gitlin worries that Fox “emboldens the right wing to feel justified and confident they can promote their policies.”
We need a president who will call a spade a spade unlike Obama! wait...shit *deletes tweet*

Trump +10 in Alaska (no surprise there)

USC continues to be the laughing stock of the election

HOPIUM ALERT. NC and PA CBS/YouGov polls coming out today.
Start the YouGov pissing contest.

benjipwns

Banned
She could be doing a way better job in this year though. A left flank could've actually picked off some of those third party youth/Bernie voters.
She is. You should have seen her 2012 "campaign."

Same thing for Gary really.

As bad as the LP is, at least they've started to accept that you have to run people with experience and build around them. Sometimes you get burned (Barr) but other times it works out better (Gary/Weld). Party activists are great and all but you get someone with a job title they no longer have but everyone continues to bestow upon them against liberal and republican principles. Even if it's...Governor Jesse Ventura.

The thing that really surprises me is how bad the Constitution Party is as signing up some of these experienced conservatives. Like how the fuck did they not rope Tom Tancredo in to be their candidate? He even quit the GOP again last year.
And now, as icing on the poisoned cake, House Republicans have elected a Speaker who was not asked to renounce his commitment to open borders and amnesty, policies which will betray the values of 75% of the party and give Democrats a permanent electoral majority within a decade.
The Republican establishment does not want to control spending.
It does not want to secure the borders or enforce immigration laws.
It does not care about American sovereignty.
It has no interest in ending the unaccountable and corrupt culture that has become a hallmark of official Washington.
I will begin working my tail off for the next twelve months to organize Independents to help elect Ted Cruz as President of the United States.
no no no no there's a party with good ballot access that had nobody actually running for their nomination that you have past association with and would make you their god-king! And he already had seen four months of the Trump Wars!

gaugebozo

A conversation elsewhere about "alt-right" vs. the early 2000's "South Park Republican/Conservative" trend led me to this from 2003-ish which was a fun read in hindsight:

We need a president who will call a spade a spade unlike Obama! wait...shit *deletes tweet*

I was sort of skimming this thread and only read the quoted part and story, and got scared that this was evidence Trump was starting a movement. SMH.

A wonderful quote from Dick Morris in that story:

Dick Morris said:
...now we’re onto this new theme that ‘Iraq is a quagmire’ and that there ‘aren’t any weapons of mass destruction’ and that ‘Bush lied’—and all the while, thanks in part to Fox News, Americans are seeing with their own eyes how much this is crazy spin.”

No website has gotten more terrible faster than Salon and it's still digging. It's almost kinda amazing to watch.

They may have gotten worse, but Salon has always been terrible. I started avoiding it maybe 10 years ago when I realized it was full of speculation, weasel words, distortion, and guilt by association articles.

benjipwns

Banned
This is from way back in April but is a potentially interesting article about the steps that have been taken over the last decade to make the Presidential transition process better from the old way of just "everybody leaves, good luck!": http://www.theatlantic.com/politics...ving-the-presidential-transition-2016/477528/
Walking through the offices in the West Wing on January 19, 1993, Bolten remembers it as something of a construction zone, as workers were making modifications requested by the incoming Clinton team. “It’s quite striking that there is nothing on the walls, nothing on the bookshelves, computers on the desks but the hard drives have been replaced,” Bolten told me in a recent phone interview. “The new White House team basically walks onto a blank playing field.”

By the time Bolten returned to the White House as a deputy chief of staff eight years later, the transition process wasn’t much different.
There had been no particular advance in planning or infrastructure,” Bolten said. “The Clinton crew was courteous to us but had not undertaken any particularly strenuous effort to facilitate our effectiveness on Day 1. They just tried to turn it over in responsible condition for us to start our jobs.”

Less than eight months later, on September 11, Bolten was sitting in his office when his phone rang. The inside line. This wasn’t a call routed from his assistant, but from someone who knew the direct number, which, Bolten recalled, even he didn’t know at the time.

The man on the other end was Steve Ricchetti, who had sat at his desk at the end of the Clinton administration. “Do you know about the bunker?” Ricchetti asked.
In 2008, Bush resolved to do things differently, recognizing that, as the president told Bolten in a private meeting about a year before he left office, this would be “the first modern presidential transition at a time when the United States itself was under threat.” Bush told Bolten to make transition-planning a priority and to ensure that not just the White House but the entire government got the message. Years later, it remains one of the few areas for which members of the Obama administration lavish unqualified praise for their predecessors.

“To the credit of the Bush White House, they could not have been better partners with us,” said Lu, who served as executive director of Obama’s transition team and is now deputy secretary of Labor. “The success of the transition planning,” he added, “was in large measure because of the cooperation we got from the Bush White House.”
The main problem, according to Max Stier of the Partnership for Public Service, is that the Obama transition didn’t aim high enough, and it lost momentum after the first wave of appointees were put in place.

The transition had built a team of 300 volunteers to usher in around three dozen top officials. “After that first wave occurred, that group of people—poof!—disappeared,” Stier said. Obama, he said, should have set a goal of getting 100 people confirmed by the time he was inaugurated and 400 by the August recess, which is closer to what Mitt Romney’s team was shooting for had he won in 2012. Studies of the 2009 transition found there was an average of 50 days between the Senate confirmations for agency leaders and the next highest ranking official. “As a result, you end up with agencies where the secretary is home alone,” Stier said. “They don’t have the complete set of people they really need to run the agency effectively.”
With help from the Partnership for Public Service, a D.C.-based nonprofit, officials in the administration and in Congress ramped up efforts to formalize the process—to take what worked in 2008 and make it the standard for future transitions. The Partnership had convened a conference north of New York City in 2008 that drew former administration officials, good-government advocates, and representatives of the major campaigns that year. In 2010, it released a report called Ready to Govern with a series of recommendations for transition-planning, including measures that made it into new federal legislation, the Pre-Election Presidential Transition Act of 2010. That law boosted funding for the transition and for the first time authorized the General Services Administration to provide office space to the major-party candidates (and, potentially, a serious third-party contender) to begin planning their governments months before the election. It also allowed the outgoing administration to set up the kind of transition councils that Bush established by executive order in 2008. Recognizing that transition-planning would still be underfunded, however, the law allows campaigns to raise outside money as well.

In 2012, Mitt Romney made use of the new resources—and then some. Running as a management guru and turnaround expert, Romney shook off any concern about appearing presumptuous and named Mike Leavitt, a former Utah governor and Cabinet secretary in the Bush administration, to lead his transition planning soon after he clinched the Republican nomination in the spring.

By Election Day, the Romney transition—which had been dubbed the Readiness Project—had swelled to a staff of more than 600. As Leavitt put it: “We had built essentially a federal government in miniature.” The Romney team had set a goal of filling the 150 most important positions by Inauguration Day and a total of 400 by the August congressional recess—an ambitious schedule by historical standards but one that would still leave hundreds of posts vacant for the entirety of President Romney’s honeymoon. (There are more than 4,000 political appointees in the federal government.) By November, Romney, Leavitt, and the transition team had amassed enough material to fill an entire book on the Readiness Project and what-might-have-been, which they published in the spring.
The Romney campaign performed what amounted to a dry run, and Congress has now passed two new laws codifying the responsibilities of the Obama administration to prepare the government for new leadership. In March, Obama signed legislation requiring the government to set up transition councils, identify agency leaders responsible for transition planning, and to make sure that career civil servants are ready to step in for the hundreds of political appointees who are expected to leave the government before the First Family does. Congress has also enacted legislation reducing the number of positions that require Senate confirmation, a step aimed at helping the new administration get to its feet faster.

Mikef2000

Fuck Rudy Giuliani. He has no shame and no soul. Watching State of the Union, and first thing i see is his racist ass. Had to mute him after a few seconds.

benjipwns

Banned
Someone should host a little kids debate with Johnson, Dr, Jill Stein, and McMullin.
They already do these every election.

2012's first round featuring Larry King:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0vE5CTTSFI

Second round with just Johnson and Stein (they did a poll to pick the two who "advanced" to this):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGqHeDxRD1k

2008 debates:
Nader, Babar and Baldwin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow2ovzY6CFs
IIRC, McKinney didn't show up after originally committing to it.

Just Nader vs. Baldwin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmZpSCMBy4k

nutjob intellectual roundtable: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmshItKU_-g
Brad Lyttle of the U.S. Pacifist Party, Charles Jay of the Boston Tea Party, Gloria LaRiva of the Party for Socialism and Liberation, Frank McEnulty of the New American Independent Party, Darrell Castle of the Constitution Party and Brian Moore of the Socialist Party.

I only just noticed Hillary's campaign had released a fundraising number for August, thanks to the failing New York Times.

Has Donald's released anything?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I need that PA poll to be Hillary +5 or more.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Clinton +2 (-1 from last week) Morning Consult:
Trump didn't gain, stuck at 40%

https://morningconsult.com/2016/09/04/trumps-immigration-stance-isnt-hurting/

So since the beginning of August, there has been a 5-point swing (Trump gaining 3, Hillary losing 2) and other polls have been somewhat similar. If the democrats have stockpiled an effective media campaign for late September and October, it shouldn't be an issue unless Trump somehow is a debate genius.

I do worry, however, about the House. This thing was in blowout territory and the House was up for grabs. I feel that the democrats seemingly backing off a bit was a tactical error.

Speaking of Trump’s border wall, the public is evenly split on the idea, with 46 percent in favor and 45 percent opposed.

I can't even.

So since the beginning of August, there has been a 5-point swing (Trump gaining 3, Hillary losing 2) and other polls have been somewhat similar. If the democrats have stockpiled an effective media campaign for late September and October, it shouldn't be an issue unless Trump somehow is a debate genius.

I do worry, however, about the House. This thing was in blowout territory and the House was up for grabs. I feel that the democrats seemingly backing off a bit was a tactical error.

I can't even.

Well I guess at this point we can just hope that Trump blows it in all 3 debates and that Kaine is prepared for Pence.

Trump has been unfortunately creating a successful facade of being "presidential" by sticking to scripts. We the debates to expose the fact that Trump needs to a script to even appear presidential.

Plinko

Can I rant about how the media in this country is absolute garbage?

On one side, you have the massive conservative media (that gets higher ratings than all other media combined) consisting of Fox News, Drudge, Breitbart, and endless talk-radio drones whining on a daily basis about the "liberal media" being unfair all while being the biggest hypocrites in the country. The whole "The liberal media is against us!" is the most successful brainwashing of the public done by a political party probably ever.

On the other side, you have places like NPR, CNN, MSNBC, etc., who for the most part try to provide coverage for both but don't go anywhere near as hard as the right-wing media does (well, maybe MSNBC does at times). As a result, there is a massive gulf in coverage between the two. On one side, you get about 95% of the coverage of the opposite candidate as negative. On the other side, you get about 50-50. This absolutely destroys the public perception of the democratic candidate, as we're seeing with Hillary.

I mean, how is the Trump pay-for-play thing not being blown up? HOW? That has the potential to be one of the biggest election scandals in decades, and they completely ignore it in favor of something the FBI clearly states isn't a big issue? What in the world is the justification for this?

Dierce

I won't be watching the debates, I can't fucking stand seeing or hearing orange turd speak. I'm an atheist so I don't believe in god or the devil but if there was one ultimate representation of evil in the world it would be this fucking turd. He might not personally commit atrocious crimes but his very essence is to enable atrocities and demean others who don't fit into his small minded viewpoints. This is a turd who cares more about his own name and brand than he does about the people who live in America. His brand is the same instrument of fanaticism as are some religions.

But I will definitely be here reading you guys comment during the debates.

Plinko

says who?

Fox News was boasting a while back that they were getting bigger ratings than CNN, MSNBC, and the nightly news shows combined. Not sure how far back it was, though.

Either way, they get massive ratings.

benjipwns

Banned
I'm an atheist so I don't believe in god or the devil but if there was one ultimate representation of evil in the world it would be this fucking turd.
This man still is alive and in power:
800px-Teodoro_Obiang_Nguema_Mbasogo_with_Obamas.jpg

https://today.yougov.com/news/2016/09/04/cbs-battleground-states-pennsylvania-north-carolin/

In Pennsylvania, Hillary Clinton garners 45% while Trump has 37% support. Third-party candidates remain mired in the single digits – Libertarian Gary Johnson at 6% and the Green Party's Jill Stein at 2% – with another 6% undecided. While Trump has a narrow seven-point lead among Pennsylvania whites, Clinton is ahead among African Americans by 86-3. Clinton also wins a larger share of Democrats (83%) than Trump manages with Republicans (75%).

Clinton’s larger leads in battleground states like Virginia and Colorado have suggested Pennsylvania, along with Ohio and Florida, might provide Trump with a viable route to 270 electoral votes. However, Clinton's 8-point lead in the Keystone State indicates it might not be a realistic target for the Trump campaign unless the national race tightens. This is the first time the YouGov/CBS News 2016 Battleground Tracker has polled likely voters in Pennsylvania on the general election.

North Carolina also shows a closer race, with Hillary Clinton at 46% and Donald Trump at 42%. Johnson garners only 4% support in North Carolina, Stein 2%. YouGov last polled likely voters in North Carolina in June, when Clinton led by two points, 44% to 42%.

While losing North Carolina could prove fatal for Donald Trump’s chances, it is likely to be more of a bonus for Clinton. Barack Obama won in the Tar Heel State in 2008 but lost in 2012, and in both elections he won over 300 electoral votes.

Yet a survey across 11 battleground states suggests the race may still be up for grabs. Among likely voters Hillary Clinton leads Donald Trump by only two points, 42% to 40%. 7% go for Gary Johnson and again 2% for Jill Stein. The states included in the poll are Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Michigan, North Carolina, New Hampshire, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Wisconsin. Following the Democratic National Convention, Hillary Clinton led Donald Trump by 43% to 41%. Gary Johnson has gained one point since late July, while Jill Stein's support is unchanged.

SENATE RACES

YouGov also polled on competitive Senate races in Pennsylvania and North Carolina, both involving Republican incumbents.

In Pennsylvania, Democrat Kathy McGinty is tied with Sen. Pat Toomey at 39% among likely voters. Fully 20% remain undecided. Worrying for Toomey, he earns only 1% support among African-Americans in the state, against McGinty's 69%, while 30% are still in the undecided column.

In North Carolina, Democrat Deborah Ross has 41% support, giving her a nominal one-point lead over Sen. Richard Burr who is at 40%, with 17% undecided. Ross has a narrow lead among women and 71-point lead among African-Americans in the state.

In both cases the Republican candidates run ahead of Donald Trump, at least in terms of the margins. 72% of likely voters in Pennsylvania say Toomey is a “different kind of Republican” from Donald Trump, while 66% in North Carolina say the same for Burr.

benjipwns

Banned
Fox News was boasting a while back that they were getting bigger ratings than CNN, MSNBC, and the nightly news shows combined. Not sure how far back it was, though.

Either way, they get massive ratings.
In August, O'Reilly got 2.9 million viewers, Maddow got 2 million and Anderson Cooper got 1 million.

The three nightly newscasts average 6-8 million viewers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom