• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dierce

Trump is running the bare minimum campaign it seems. Like only spending what he's obligated in order to make it look like he gives a shit.

Look at those numbers. Peanuts.
I still think Clinton is playing it way too safe. For the last 3 weeks orange turd has gotten all the headlines, mostly neutral to positive, while Clinton's headlines have mostly been about emails and the Weiner guy. Even her big speech was neutralized by the toxic environment turd created where you can lie and get away with anything. We live in an era of headlines, they matter much more than content so if turd decided to release a heavily redacted version of his tax returns the media would spin it as a positive.

I'm still confident that he won't win but the fact is that the media seems to be turning against Clinton and once turd starts to blanket the airways a month before the election it will make things very difficult. I really don't envy the guys running Clinton's campaign. They have a huge responsibility in their hands and I don't ever say this lightly, with them also rests the fate of humankind and whether ignorance, greed and racism will be regarded as virtues.

Wow those videos of Trump attending the black church are so awkward. You can just tell he's thinking "Just don't call them thugs and you will survive this."

He says right there in the interview that it will happen after the audit and Todd pressed him on whether that will be before election day and he just says we'll see.

How is this so hard for people?

He says right there in the interview that it will happen after the audit and Todd pressed him on whether that will be before election day and he just says we'll see.

How is this so hard for people?

Yup. More of the same.

Also the utter gall of comparing Clinton to Nixon while Trump is the one slurping burgers with a former Nixon Advisor.

Wow those videos of Trump attending the black church are so awkward. You can just tell he's thinking "Just don't call them thugs and you will survive this."

In the short video I saw it seemed like Omarosa was constantly trying to figure out where the camera was so she could appear as enthusiastic as possible.

Debirudog

I'm just done with the media. They only care for the clicks/ratings and shallow drama, not even caring how much they're putting so much at risk with this vile man.

mo60

I still think Clinton is playing it way too safe. For the last 3 weeks orange turd has gotten all the headlines, mostly neutral to positive, while Clinton's headlines have mostly been about emails and the Weiner guy. Even her big speech was neutralized by the toxic environment turd created where you can lie and get away with anything. We live in an era of headlines, they matter much more than content so if turd decided to release a heavily redacted version of his tax returns the media would spin it as a positive.

I'm still confident that he won't win but the fact is that the media seems to be turning against Clinton and once turd starts to blanket the airways a month before the election it will make things very difficult. I really don't envy the guys running Clinton's campaign. They have a huge responsibility in their hands and I don't ever say this lightly, with them also rests the fate of humankind and whether ignorance, greed and racism will be regarded as virtues.

No matter what trump does he will lose as much or even worse than McCain did in 08.Trump still has a non existant ground game and he still can't get out of the low fourties.This race may be officially over after the first debate.The American public won't forgot about all the things he has said or done in the last year or so.

Teggy

So I was completely confused why Trump was wearing a tallis in a church so I found this article.

I still don't understand it.

Donald Trump’s complicated relationship with the Jewish community just got a little bit stranger. 

Photographs and videos of Trump draped in a traditional Jewish prayer shawl - known as a tallit - inside a church have been rapidly circulating around the Internet. Trump was presented with the shawl during his Saturday visit to the Great Faith Ministries in Detroit, Michigan.

Trump, who was in Detroit in a bid  to win over minority voters, addressed the congregation and at the end of his remarks Bishop Wayne Jackson, the pastor of the church carefully wrapped the tallit around Trump's shoulders as both men grinned broadly. 

"Let me just put this on you," Jackson said, as the crowd applauded approvingly. 
Jackson then handed Trump a Bible. “This is the Jewish Heritage Study bible and we have it especially for you, and we have one for your wife. Because when things go down, you can study the word of God. When things seem like it’s almost impossible, you read Mark 9:23, ‘If one canst believe, all things are possible.’” 

Presumably, the pastor has been keeping up with polling and predictions, giving Trump little chance of winning the November elections, and figured he could do with encouragement from a higher power.

According to its publisher, the Jewish Heritage Study Bible was inspired by the Detroit pastor who hosted Trump. Pastor Jackson, president and CEO of the Impact Network  “is teaching all of his people all of the Jewish traditions” 

The Jewish Heritage Study Bible “provides resources that illuminate and illustrate scriptures of the Jewish background” which “includes simple definitions of difficult words, an explanation of the Jewish names for God, and the significance of names … describes Jewish festivals, clarifies religious concepts, lists common Jewish prayers, and describes the Jewish beliefs regarding the last days and the Messianic age.” 
read more: http://www.haaretz.com/world-news/u-s-election-2016/.premium-1.740062

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I'm just done with the media. They only care for the clicks/ratings and shallow drama, not even caring how much they're putting so much at risk with this vile man.

It's even more disgusting when Trump is actually fomenting his idiot base into literally attacking journalists.

So I was completely confused why Trump was wearing a tallis in a church so I found this article.

It's not wholly uncommon for some evangelical churches to attempt to infuse Jewish thought/practices/beliefs into Christianity in an attempt to prove their particular set of beliefs is the current and accurate manifestation of Old Testament prophecy.

It's not super common in the mainstream, but it does exist around the edges. Plus, if you love Israel more than the next church, Jesus will bless you more!

Well I'm glad to see a pastor who embraces the fact that most of the Old Testament is just the Torah.

The problem of course is that Trump has a foreign policy advisor who can't even properly pronounce Yiddish words like chutzpah.

Can Trump even properly pronounce any Hebrew word that involves the 8th Hebrew letter?

Well I'm glad to see a pastor who embraces the fact that most of the Old Testament is just the Torah.

The problem of course is that Trump has a foreign policy advisor who can't even properly pronounce Yiddish words like chutzpah.

Can Trump even properly pronounce any Hebrew word that involves the 8th Hebrew letter?

Trump can't even say the english letter 'h'

And, also, I just fell down the steps face first. lololol

He'll probably try reading Hebrew from left to right and then ask "where are all the vowels?"

Is it bad that I immediately thought he'd probably say something offensive about Jewish people being good with money but bad with letters? Because, that's how low the bar has gotten in my mind.

Zukkoyaki

The fact that 538 includes those IPSOS state things in their model causes me physical pain and anger.
I'm more annoyed by how Nate claims their model weighs state polls heavier but they still adjust them based on tightening national polls. He also talks on Twitter about how noisy polling is... Yet they made a model deliberately designed to overreact to individual polls.

Gruco

Banned
Josh Marshall has a great piece on the hilarious double standards between the Clinton Foundation and the Trump Foundation:

tpm said:
Many reporters and editors simply take it as a given that Trump's a crook. So stories about Trump's corruption amount to what journalists call dog bites man stories - not really news because it's the norm and wholly expected. The second related point is that many reporters and editors at a basic level don't take Trump seriously as a real candidate.

The fact that the Times and NPR, of all places, are taking the Clinton Foundation seriously as an "optics scandal" is fucking shameful for both of them and an absolute embarrassment. I expect that out of CNN, but not them. Seeing places obsess about press conferences is perhaps even more shameful, because the reality is that this isn't a principled stand about the importance of press conferences, it's about individual reporters having a sad that they haven't been able to ask their awesome Clinton Foundation questions.

Until the last two weeks, I felt like the press was overall doing a good job at not being Trump-enablers since the primaries ended. But there is absolutely no excuse for the disparity of attention being giving to the absolute nothing (in fact, something which is clearly a positive force for the world) that is the Clinton Foundation, relative to the brazenly and repeatedly fraudulent Trump Foundation.

Correction the old testament is the tanakh the Torah is just the first 5 booka

:p

Meanwhile Trump does a fundraiser and it's reported positively has being presidential and not screaming hate speech (though they never call them hate speechs, it's just "tough")
She was getting dragged on Twitter for it if you check the comments. It's just the double standard we've come to expect.

Although, the print headline is a little better than the online one: On the Trail, Clinton Woos The Ultrarich

Joeytj

Banned
And

So no Obama joint appearance on the 13th?

The Clinton campaign had already announced (well, not really "announced" but made is clear in Hillary's schedule) that for the next few weeks, fundraising will take precedent over campaigning.

Even in the unlikely scenario Trump ties or overcomes HIllary in the polls, this has happened before and then the conventions came and suddenly people were talking about a landslide. Mook is betting the debates will have the same effect as the convention and further cushion Hillary's likely victory.

They have already decided that very little can be done about headlines and Trump maneuvers they can't control, so they will to the plan they already have. Whatever damage comes from constant mearnderless Trump or fake Clinton scandals, they bet that it won't change any of the fundamentals of the campaign already in place, and Trump's constant mistakes probably has proved to them they don't have to worry about Trump suddenly transforming into William F. Buckley.

Yes, there is a danger that white suburban Republicans don't vote for Hillary like the post-convention polls suggested, and thus Georgia, Arizona and Missouri will be out of play, North Carolina will be extremely close and it won't be easy to win Florida, Ohio or maybe even Pennsylvania.

But they have always concentrated on this plan, the most essential way to 270, and that involves avoiding fighting against Trump everyday for headlines.

so, honest question here that is not at all motivated by disdain for OT

pigeon's thread aside (given that it was actually a new development, namely the FBI's report being released), what exactly do we gain from continuing to discuss clinton's emails

Slizeezyc

so, honest question here that is not at all motivated by disdain for OT

pigeon's thread aside (given that it was actually a new development, namely the FBI's report being released), what exactly do we gain from continuing to discuss clinton's emails

Confirmation that she's a dirty, evil liar that should be locked up?

the media can eat itself in a frenzy, i don't even have cable so i'm not exposed to anything but the online outlets

i'm asking about neogaf specifically

Confirmation that she's a dirty, evil liar that should be locked up?

well, shit, time to eugene debs the fuck out of this election cycle

This... sounds like a great parody skit. Someone needs to get working on that.

I would do it, but I'm pretty deep into my adaptation of The Divine Comedy: Harambe's Inferno.

It's mostly true to the source material except Harambe is led from Hell to Paradise by Cecil (the lion) instead of Virgil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom